It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis - I just woke up with a Demon atop my bed.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Wouldn't it just be easier to pretend like it never happened? Being afraid to go to sleep at night is too great a terror to live with. Maybe ignorance is the way after all?

Thanks for your concern dashen but no im not afraid to sleep in my bed tonight, i just got up from a nap that felt wonderful. Thanks to some of the helpful replies i got and shared experiences i now have a few steps im aware that i can take to prevent this type of experience from happening again. I was started to find how common this actually is, i've had friend and family go 'oh yah' to me today. Glad im not alone on this one.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

Yes, the Old Hag, is one cultures description of this 'demon' check the wikipedia link i posted it describes over 2 dozen cultures' name for this very being.

To me it looks similar to the demon in the picture displayed on wiki:
< br /> but mucher thinner and having no distinct gender. It sat knees to its chin with his arms wrapped around his knees, again similar to the picture on wiki. The head/face was similar to this picture but more shaped like a classic gray alien.
Thanks for sharing your experience and be well Pocky.

PS. i love Pocky sticks. yum!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
like i say you have to see it to belive it, none of us can correct you and tell you that u just imagined it. i couldn't imagine wat i would do if that happened to me but if you think it will happen more than once then you should look into getting your house blessed!x

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

I understand your opinion and Thank you for sharing it.
In my life i have seen next to no horror films, as such i have no mental pictures built up for my imagination to work with about what demons or evil beings look or act like. I told my friend this the other day and he was shocked, he like you, had seen thousands of horror films which displayed horrible carnage he can Never get out of his mind. I don't have those evil images embedded for me to go off of and again i felt the life energy being removed from my body, it seems a lot of people suspect i imagined what i saw. Thats okay I know what I saw and I know that I was awake.
In claiming I was asleep you attempt to make up your own ending or alter the experience how you think I saw it.
This isn't a ufo that might have been swamp gas, I saw exactly what hundreds of thousands of people across this world see and you can quote science or you can quote from the mouth of the experienced person which states its not a hallucination it is a VERY frightening and VERY real contact.
Peace

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
i used to get this all the time. its absolutely horrid and until you experience it yourself you cant really pass judgement on what its like.

From the people i have spoken to about it there is always some kind of dark figure or demon in the room. The intense vibrational feeling plus the paralyzation adds to the sheer terror.

Thats the most honest and understanding reply i've gotten yet. Thank You tombangelta. All the judging and turning my experience into a chose your own adventure make believe story is old and tired and a waste of a reply IMO but again thank you for your logical reasoning and 'defense' of sorts.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I have had similar experiences. In prayer ask for a hedge. This is a circle of angelic energy that will protect you.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

It was a tough call putting it here or in the UFO area, i did not want people to attack me saying 'this isn't alien contact! its sleep paralysis blah blah dont post here post it there. in the end you just gotta post it and share the experience.
If a mod sees fit to move it thats fine.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousATS
Interesting experiences.

Have any of you experiencers thought of video taping your nightime sessions? Most black and white cameras can see very well with infrared and I/O cards and surveillance software are fairly cheap now.

It would be interesting to compare what you remember to the time-stamped video after the event.

I don't hope to ever have this happen again and i am certainly not going to go taping my bedroom every night to help disprove the disbelief of a common phenomenon.

The most real explanation i've been offered today as to why i was able to see the being was that in my few seconds of waking i had "spirit vision" where we are able to see part of the spirit plane as we shift in and out of sleep and waking consciousness. I tend to agree with that theory and it would seem that maybe the being didn't disappear i was just no longer able to see it after a matter of seconds, being then fully awake and aware.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by s0ndernet

You know you bring something back to mind for me. I was already a fighter when i was very young, a warrior for good I thought, but of course in my limited understanding I didn't understand what I was getting myself into. If you say you will be a warrior for good and yet haven't accepted Jesus as your savior it somehow opens you up to immediate demonic oppression.

I know this because I also went through a very hard time of demonic terror because of this. It was only after a very strong Christian asked for God to send His holy angels to banish the demons that they left.

It was an awesome answer to direct prayer to the God who dwells in heaven. Shortly after I accepted Jesus as my savior and have never had the terrible sleep paralysis or nightmares or even the physical attacks again. God is the real deal and you will need real spiritual help to defeat this type of attack.

I suggest you listen to this short flash movie in your quest to know how to defeat this attack.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
First and foremost is don't get medical or psychological advice from strangers on the Internet. Seek out real help. Make sure you are talking to someone with an MD after their name. You would not go to an auto mechanic for heart surgery and you should not go to strangers on the net for medical advice either.

I suffered from this when I was younger and even though the hallucinations seem real, they are not. I fought for what I thought was my life for two years and suffered in silence needlessly. Don't confuse trips on acid or mushrooms with this as this is not even in the ballpark of being the same. Get help from qualified people. Close your browser and call some one qualified with the proper credentials on the wall.

I'm sorry im confused....why do i need an MD? and no i don't need 'help' from stangers on the internet. but their experiences help to validate mine FOR MYSELF, not you.
I'm aware of the "science" behind sleep paralysis and in some cases it is true people are not assaulted and dont feel an evil presence they just wake up with a disconnect in their brain functioning because during REM sleep our bodies partially paralyze to keep us from thrashing about in our sleep. I UNDERSTAND THESE CHARACTERISTICS OF SLEEP PARALYSIS!

There is also and obviously cases where there is more to it than the bodies paralysis because of the current dream phase your in. Some people claim being completely raped by these beings some are pushed around and some just catch a glimpse as it scurries off. I only caught a glimpse and again what does the paranormal and spiritual have to do with a facking medical degree.

You said not to confuse acid or mushroom trips with this, i did no such thing as a matter of a fact i made it clear that im familiar with that level of hallucination and that this was not such a hallucination or ANYTHING LIKE what i have seen while under the influence of any drug. Nor while under the influence of a drug have i ever seen anything evil not once.
Anyone claiming that psychedelic experience 'invalidates my experience' has obviously never taken those drugs before and obviously never had a bout of sleep paralysis involving contact.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'd like to present my personal perspective on this =)

I too have experienced sleep paralysis, and the first time it happened to me, it was indeed very frightening. But then I read that it is completely natural. When you enter sleep cycle, the body is flooded with a paralytic of sorts, to prevent you from moving when you enter REM sleep. If someone does not know this and wakes up unable to move and finding it hard to breathe, it can be somewhat traumatizing of course, leading to the mind playing tricks on you.

But if you sincerely believe that sinister forces are at work, then might I suggest contacting a local priest? He may be able to pray with you, bless the house and cast out the demons in question.

Good luck with your situation

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3

You know you bring something back to mind for me. I was already a fighter when i was very young, a warrior for good I thought, but of course in my limited understanding I didn't understand what I was getting myself into. If you say you will be a warrior for good and yet haven't accepted Jesus as your savior it somehow opens you up to immediate demonic oppression.

I know this because I also went through a very hard time of demonic terror because of this. It was only after a very strong Christian asked for God to send His holy angels to banish the demons that they left.

It was an awesome answer to direct prayer to the God who dwells in heaven. Shortly after I accepted Jesus as my savior and have never had the terrible sleep paralysis or nightmares or even the physical attacks again. God is the real deal and you will need real spiritual help to defeat this type of attack.

I suggest you listen to this short flash movie in your quest to know how to defeat this attack.

Thank You so much for sharing.
As it relates to Christianity and God and Jesus and the like.
I was raised Christian and was very serious about being a warrior for good and I'm certain i was covered by Jesus' protection at the time. I walked with him daily, and not in a cheesy sense i was serious about my relationship with Jesus from ages 4-18.
In recent years i have been chasing after spiritual experiences and studying tons of cross cultural and cross religious studies while maintaining a vision of MY God, who fits all characteristics described by Jesus.
As a result i am finding out that much of my first inclinations as a child about whose in charge of this world were right. I have prayed very seriously to Jesus and the God of Jesus today and last night and i don't think i was 'clean' when i asked to join the battle and went to bed last night and the results are obvious.
I still struggle with my opinions about Jesus' role and 'sin'. I have not "asked for forgiveness" in years really. I expect my beliefs will change for the better from this experience and God has, as asked the night of this event, opened my eyes to more of the inner workings of this reality.
I'm going to stick with God's plan for seeing more about reality and not my own which at one point involved taking psychedelics when i saw fit to see more.
Thanks for the encouragement. The return to sheepish religious beliefs is going to be difficult for me as im such an outside the box think-er/be-er now but i am ready and i have lots of prayer, love, and encouragement waiting in the wings.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gimpex
I'd like to present my personal perspective on this =)

I too have experienced sleep paralysis, and the first time it happened to me, it was indeed very frightening. But then I read that it is completely natural. When you enter sleep cycle, the body is flooded with a paralytic of sorts, to prevent you from moving when you enter REM sleep. If someone does not know this and wakes up unable to move and finding it hard to breathe, it can be somewhat traumatizing of course, leading to the mind playing tricks on you.

But if you sincerely believe that sinister forces are at work, then might I suggest contacting a local priest? He may be able to pray with you, bless the house and cast out the demons in question.

Good luck with your situation

Thank you!
I have experience with plain old sleep paralysis and i understand the science behind it.
Thats why when i awoke to the paralysis it took me a matter of seconds and not minutes, as it has been for some people and it was for me as a child, to break out of it. I felt i was under attack i felt the vibration of energy being removed from my body and i broke the paralysis in time to see what was the cause of that. Hallucination it was not.
Myself and my house is WELL protected, i believe this assault was a testing for me and that it was a very real way to show me what i have been asking to be shown which is more of the inner workings of the spiritual realms.
I KNOW MY ENEMY, that is a good feeling and a powerful personal experience to have. How could I say evil spirits or demons truly existed until my experience today? I could not but now I am certain and thats reassuring to my belief system.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistydaisy
I have had similar experiences. In prayer ask for a hedge. This is a circle of angelic energy that will protect you.

Did that and it definitely made me feel surrounded with love and protection. I'll pray the same when i go to bed tonight, thank you!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I have heard in the past from 2 sources about demon experiences. There they were, minding their own business, and all of a sudden, there a demon was with them. One had one appear, spin, and then disappear, although she described her experience in terms that there is no terror like it in the world.
The second entailed more contact.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Ive had simialr experiences in the past.Calling on Jesus seems to repel this phenomena.Just think the name if you are unable to speak it.With each thought on this name you will feel the strength of your oppressor lessen.Next take authority over this entity in Jesus name and command it to leave.Some people dont want to hear these type of statements thinking your some kind of religious nut ,but my friends if you know anything better then please share it!Guy Malone is a ufo investigator (check him out on the web)that seems to also have come to the same conclusion/solution and has found others including me that agree.Some of the ufo phenomena is the work of sinister forces.We are in a war with these sinister forces whether we like it or not. so wake up people and give this a try next time your faced with something you cant handle.Or you could just lay there and enjoy being used by who knows what its your choice...you do have one!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bnmssnit

Or you could just lay there and enjoy being used by who knows what its your choice...you do have one!

Sort of a touchy thing to say but yah i know the power of Jesus' name for sure.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Only meant to awaken those that seem to think the experience is a "good thing".In Gen 6 says that fallen angels mated with the "daughters of men" the results were hybrid/nephilim.Jesus said that in the last days it would be as in the days of Noah!This is serious business!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Ive been skimin this thread but has " Patrick Heron " been mentioned! He has wrote a couple or more books which might answer your questions.

the nephilim and the pyramids of the apocalypse

Good read for me so hope it might be for you.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by s0ndernet

Originally posted by TH3ON3

Thanks for the encouragement. The return to sheepish religious beliefs is going to be difficult for me as im such an outside the box think-er/be-er now but i am ready and i have lots of prayer, love, and encouragement waiting in the wings.

You probably think like me, which at times is not good. When people of higher intelligence really get into the Word, it brings up many questions that they can't quite understand the why of. I know it doesn't make sense to me in the order of logic, yet how can I question a God who loved me so much to deliver me with His holy Angels. So faith and logic would dictate that I really don't need to understand the why, only the way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join