It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sparks Fly As 'Gay" Activist Mob Swarms Christians

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
amazes me that the gay rights brigade try to paint marriage as a civil right, it clearly isn't, show me any way in which marriage is a civil right. any of you.

and by the way, it was more people than the christian right that voted against gay marriages, the christian right just don't have the numbers. society as a whole democratically rejected gay marriage.

Marriage, or Civil Union in this case (as it has NOTHING to do with religion!), affects various laws and rights of a person.

The main issue for me is that if a gay person is in medical care, their partner can be refused visitation.

In what democratic nation espousing freedom and liberty is that fair or equal?

You know as well as I do that this is discrimination on a massive scale. It is a step backwards, it removes the equality of gay people and labels them as second class citizens.

And, did you see the blatant propaganda used in the media? The people were lied to in order to gain support for it. That's why they voted. Maybe it wasn't all down to the Christians, but they are the ones now out in the street proclaiming victory and doing as much as possible to add insult to injury.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Lied to? By who?

The single largest voting bloc that helped push Prop 8 through was the Black Vote.

And for a very simple reason:

I'm not in favor of gay marriage

Barack Obama

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

When will the Christians realize that the Gay people do not want to be preached to?

When will this cannibalistic cult stop with their attempts to brainwash people?

It's no wonder there are angry mobs around them.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by governmentsecrets
well, i guess after years of being treated as a sub-human, denied equal rights, physically assaulted and killed for being born who we are, I guess we've decided we've had enough. Thats what happens when you suppress a group of people and deny them their equal rights. Reap what you sow.

We have a response here from the "two wrongs make it right crowd".

I see a neighborhood full of hypocrites, wanting their issues taken care of (and right now!) but not giving a ratz a$$ about anyone else.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by governmentsecrets

governmentsecrets:

However suppressed you feel as a group still does not give you the right to assualt people. That is just BAD FORM and does nothing to help get your requests heard by the other side. All that shows other people and not all of them are Christians who voted down prop. 8, is that you are a uncontrollable gang that refuses to behave in a orderly fashion.

Now, I am a Christian I live in Alabama. I am sure that a vote for gay marriage would not go over here. Me, I do not hate gay people unless they begin to attack me or my faith.....then my feelings change.

I am sorry you are not entitled to all the legal rights that others have, but you must see this does not make you sub-human. I do not hate the person but I to not condone the act. I also get very defensive if little children such as the kindergarteners who were allowed to their teachers wedding was very wrong and my child would not have attended. Stay out of our schools. That will also go a long way to make feelings a little better for your side.

Do you have the right to protest, yes, you do. However, please do it where people do not get hurt or feel afraid as they see you coming down the street. What do you want to accomplish 1. scaring people half to death or 2. having other people listen to what you have to say and taking it to heart?

All my best to you,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
i dunno. i think gay marriage should be allowed and then make sure the government has no power to enforce religious groups adhere to the same concept. in other words, don't rule it as discrimination if some church refuses to marry gay people.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by governmentsecrets
well, i guess after years of being treated as a sub-human, denied equal rights, physically assaulted and killed for being born who we are, I guess we've decided we've had enough. Thats what happens when you suppress a group of people and deny them their equal rights. Reap what you sow.

We have a response here from the "two wrongs make it right crowd".

I see a neighborhood full of hypocrites, wanting their issues taken care of (and right now!) but not giving a ratz a$$ about anyone else.

This isn't so much "two wrongs make a right" as it is "Wow.. it wasn't a question of if, but when".

It's kinda like the little girl which has been molested by her father for years, and eventually kills him. Do two wrongs make a right? No , not really, but the outcome would have been expected by anyone standing by and watching... and ya know what.. .most would think that justice was served.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

So I think a bunch of me and my gay friends will just go to Church on Sunday and sing songs of Sodomy.

Maybe that would drive the point home in a non-violent manner?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

"Dramatically?!?" - it was a 52% to 48% vote, hardly a landslide

If religious nuts want to come to a gay neighborhood and harass gays, they can expect to be harassed back, that's how human beings are.

Big shock there

From the obsession some of these "Christians" (who obviously don't read the New Testament much) have with other people's sex lives, you'd think that Jesus spent his whole ministry talking about sexuality.

In fact, it's barely mentioned at all.

These people are the inheritors of the Pharisees - they simply call themselves Christians, but they clearly haven't listened to a single word Jesus said

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

When will the Christians realize that the Gay people do not want to be preached to?

When will gays realize that non-gays don't appreciate their "in your face attitude"? What about the gays that recently took over a church service - yelling and throwing things at the churchgoers - to "get their message out"? article Just another form of preaching?

"Cannibalistic"?
What's with that? Can't call it hyperbole, because it just doesn't make sense at any level.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Gays don't get to have it both ways. If they're out demonstrating and disrupting others, they really can't complain when another group peacefully comes to their area just to pray.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Maybe, another question they should ask themselves, is why? Why, all through the years of history has the majority of the people seem to be against gays? That is the real question but gays do not want to take a REAL look into history...they will then have to look at answers they won't like.

The majority of people do REALLY believe it is WRONG. End of story!

Grandma

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

So which Church are you going to go to?

A. The Mormon or Protestant predominantly Caucasian church that didn't really help that much with Prop 8?

B. A Catholic church that's predominantly Hispanic that did help push Prop 8?

C. Or a Protestant church predominantly black and if not for its congregation's vote Prop 8 wouldn't have passed?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Do two wrongs make a right? No , not really, but the outcome would have been expected by anyone standing by and watching... and ya know what.. .most would think that justice was served.

That's called vigilante justice. Do you really want all of us to live that way? Or are there just certain people you feel that it's OK for?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

You would be welcome in any house of the Lord. However, coming into a worship service with so much anger will not help bring you peace. Isn't that what you are really seeking, peace?

Grandma

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Marriage, or Civil Union in this case (as it has NOTHING to do with religion!), affects various laws and rights of a person.
yes, because society acknowledges the special nature of the relationship between a man and a woman. i see no reason why society must extend these special privileges to everyone who wants them.

The main issue for me is that if a gay person is in medical care, their partner can be refused visitation.

anyone can theoretically be refused visitation based on the danger posed to patients. does it happen in a general sense or is it just a theoretical refusal?

In what democratic nation espousing freedom and liberty is that fair or equal?
in one in which the people were asked to vote for or against and they voted against. it is a recognition of a relationship as special, why should the people of a free and democratic nation be forced to do something against their will?

You know as well as I do that this is discrimination on a massive scale.
i thought so but after examining the nature of marriage i changed my mind. personally, i'ld vote for a civil recognition of any relationship between a group of consenting adults, but i would not vote for civil recognition of homosexual relationships because i don't see any reason there should be a recognition.

It is a step backwards, it removes the equality of gay people and labels them as second class citizens.
in what way?

And, did you see the blatant propaganda used in the media? The people were lied to in order to gain support for it. That's why they voted. Maybe it wasn't all down to the Christians, but they are the ones now out in the street proclaiming victory and doing as much as possible to add insult to injury.

boo hoo hoo, that's tolerance. if i have to live with gay pride you have to live with sanctimonious christians. tough crap.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

When will gays realize that non-gays don't appreciate their "in your face attitude"? What about the gays that recently took over a church service - yelling and throwing things at the churchgoers - to "get their message out"? article Just another form of preaching?

In your face attitude? That's like saying when my wife and I kiss in public that we are flaunting our heterosexual relationship.

As I recall these "gays" as you put it... "People" as I call it, were in buildings when these self righteous singers started up outside. That's hardly in your face.

"Cannibalistic"?
What's with that? Can't call it hyperbole, because it just doesn't make sense at any level.

I'm referring to the belief that states that bread transmutates into the Flesh of their avatar, and then they eat it.

That's rather cannibalistic if you ask me. Even if it is culturally acceptable, it doesn't change how it looks from an objective perspecitve.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Gays don't get to have it both ways. If they're out demonstrating and disrupting others, they really can't complain when another group peacefully comes to their area just to pray.

Gays don't get to have it anyway to be honest.

As long as there are ignorant people who believe the sexuality of others is their business, then there will be issues with this.

Easy answyer here "STOP WORRYING ABOUT OTHERS!"

I want to see an anti-divorce bill on the referendum and see how many of these church goers support that....

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma

You would be welcome in any house of the Lord. However, coming into a worship service with so much anger will not help bring you peace. Isn't that what you are really seeking, peace?

Grandma

What I am seeking is the end to the "I care what you do" attitude modern day Christians have taken on.

Truth be told, Christianity has only morphed into that perverted form of religion that Christ stood against 2000 years ago.

Really... they should rename the whole thing to "Busy-Bodyanity" That would be more fitting... they are hardly Christ like.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

Originally posted by detachedindividual
yes, because society acknowledges the special nature of the relationship between a man and a woman. i see no reason why society must extend these special privileges to everyone who wants them.

Yes.. At least in America it is called "EQUAL RIGHTS".

Heard of that?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I gave you a real and recent example of gays taking over a church service in Michigan, which you ignored in your reply. Does that mean it is (hypocritically) OK with you for gays to do such things, but not OK for people to non-violently pray?

Level playing field. Deny hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I don't know of many hospitals who deny the access of a gay person to see the other. Most hospitals today are aware of peoples lifestyles has changed from the family. There are people of the other sexes living together and they are not denied their right to be with someone they love and live with. I think that excuse no longer carries much weight behind it. As for the other legal rights, if your life partner should die I would hope you would already have a will made out just for that roadblock.

Grandma

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join