Sparks Fly As 'Gay" Activist Mob Swarms Christians

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
That's pretty funny, but I want to know where all the mighty Xtian warriors are. They let themselves get run out of town by a bunch of homos ha ha ha... yeah, onward, Christian soldier! Ha ha ha!

But seriously. I couldn't tell which were the gays and which were the Christians. Were the gays dressed as cops? What was all that whistle blowing about? I don't get it.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Hmmmm whats with the media lately? Since Nov. 4th all we have heard about is how the gays are assaulting old ladies, disrupting church services now this. 500 gays and there supporter surround and threaten a small group of "Christians" that weren't their to preach but to pray with them.

Now tell me what exactly did these people do to deserve to be surrounded and some of them assaulted. The gays and their supporters keep telling those of us that don't agree Gays should marry we have to be more tolerant!!!! Who are the ones acting like little kids right now and acting out? the Gays! since nov. 4th have you seen any reports that gays are being assaulted? no you do not. so either the media isn't reporting it or its not happening right now.

Moral of the story If the Gays don't get a hold of their emotions it will not end well for them. how long do you think it will be before you see Gays being hauled off by the police and the national guard? People have been saying martial law is coming and i never really put much stock in it. But in cities were gays get out of hand i can see it being instituted to shut them up.

of Course they will say its for their protection. but we all know the truth.

Listen i don't agree with gays marrying but i can see where this is going to end up if someone don't step up and get both sides to stop before it goes to far.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Why do you say Christian...not only Christians believe in the creation story...Jews, and I think even Muslims do...and well I understand if you do not believe in God that it wouldn't neccesarily apply to you but still...religion or not I believe gay marriage is completely wrong when a see a gay couple out in public it just makes me sick to my stomache. Whats next? Marriage between monkeys and humans? Hell, I wouldn't be suprised if thats already happend either...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Christians persecute gay people all the time. I doubt the Christians were there praying for world peace. Christians constantly harass gay people and now they have blocked their ability to even be legally recognized as couples in many states. Gay people have always been marginalized, yet they are one of the only groups who have been constantly persecuted from the ancient times to the holocaust to modern times.

I think they are starting to get pissed off.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I’m not surprised, tens of thousands of people have been protesting in separate areas. There are bound to be a few heated crowds. People are angry, they feel like the are being pushed and they push back. However this is a small number of incidents in otherwise hugely successful peaceful protests. I know it is far more interesting to focus on a hand full of incidents that pander to your dislike of the homosexual rights movement. I’m not here to break up your party, just wanted to remind, as I did in another thread, that heterosexuals have been involved with some of the most famous hate crimes against homosexuals, ones that have gained national attention. I think it would have been pretty stupid for gays to gloat then about the “evil heterosexuals” and seeing people gloating over these heated incidents looks pretty stupid now.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

This is amazingly pathetic to the Third Degree. These "Gay Rights Activists" always Preach of Tolerance, and Acceptance, yet when an opposing view emanates itself within their presence, they turn into an angry mob of Hate-filled, Spiteful, Ignorant wanna'be Thugs.

Your post is confusing. You could swap terms around and it would stand equally. The "Christians" always Preach of Tolerance, and Acceptance and yet look how they treat gay people - it's hardly tolerant or accepting.

"Angry mob of Hate-filled, Spiteful, Ignorant wanna'be Thugs" sounds like the people who think 'queer-bashing' - whether physical or verbal - is justified to me.

Everyone who voted against the gay marriage? I hope their kids grow up gay!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
when you get punched in the face (have your rights taken away by an unconstitutional popular vote), you are going to tend to have a powerfully negative reaction to the experience. any action in response to the punch cannot be considered intoloerant or bigoted because there is a rational explanation for the behavior.

gays are not "intolerant" of christians, per-say, but rather of getting punched in the face. if it were the clown-patrol of the ringling bros. circus that had voted to take their rights away, then there would be some very sad clowns right now.

conversely, the actions in the past several weeks (years) of those whom believe in a space-god, including this prayer group, cannot be described as anything other than intolerance because the hate is targeted directly at homosexuals. this is irrational.

do you see the difference? one is rational. the other is irrational. "bottom line".

the pleas of the "poor christian" and the "persecution of mormons" is really starting to get on my nerves. modern day christians and mormons have not even the faintest idea of what it means to be persecuted.

and yes, i am starting to get pissed off about it. i have grown weary of having my soul prayed-for.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
An activity is not a right just because someone claims it is.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

nevertheless, it remains unconstitutional for the state to discriminate against a protected class (which gays are in california).

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

It is my opinion that the gay rights issue has long been used as a distraction. There are much more important matters to be concerned with at the moment. I truly believe that all people are born equal, but with the simmering racial tensions in the United States and the shifting of the global power structure, I would think that our attention should be on more significant things than what one chooses to do with their genitals.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Nox Vulpes

unfortunately, that is not what this discussion is about, and i have seen far too many of these threads recently go directly down the toilet because of comments like yours....

(edit to add)

...however, i do agree with what you have said. cheers.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by tgidkp]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Fair enough, and I apologize if my comments seemed like an effort to derail the thread. I guess I've been thinking a lot about this topic lately, and I sort of just jumped right in without giving it enough thought perhaps.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
while i agree there are bad apples on both sides and heteros have in the past been responsible for the more famous hate crimes against gays i think it speaks volumes that right now Heteros have not done anything physical to gays. In fact the role has been reversed. the gays are the ones that are attacking heteros. both vocally and physically. Buts whats even sadder is after those famous hate crimes there was a big out lash from the heteros that didn't condone those acts and yet we really haven't seen anything from the gays speaking out about the actions of the few in the group.

Even the bad apples on both sides have to see and agree their actions do nothing to help their cause.

But lets be honest here for a minute with the 3 current cases,
the assaulting of the old lady. she went to were the anti prop 8 people were protesting. probably not the best of idea but any way she did. Did she try to do anything to keep them from speaking? no Did she physically assault any of them? no she did not. Did she rip out of there hands a symbol and stomp and destroy it? again no she did not.

She went to where they were protesting carrying a cross. she wanted to give a counter voice at the protest. something she was in her right to do. Instead of the gays letting her have her say then let her on her way. they ripped the cross out of her hands threw it on the ground and stomped on it. and shoved her around. yeah i bet they feel good about shoving an old lady around.

Then when a reporter tried to interview her. they yelled over her and would not let her respond to the reporter. then proceed to shove her around some more.

Then we have a group of Gays bursting in on a Sunday service. for what point? Just to act out. desecrate those peoples god. threw condoms at little kids, pulled the fire alarm to get them out side where another group was outside waiting to join in. again what did this prove?

Now we have this 3rd incident. All that group of "Christians" wanted to do was pray in the street with the gays. not preach at them! what do they get in return 1 person was hit in the head with a bible. another had hot coffee thrown on her. they were surrounded by a mob of 500 people being told they were going to kill them, they were going to follow them to their homes. took their pictures so they could later find them and attack them.

When are we as a society going to say enough is enough.

I give the gays credit they haven't killed anyone yet that we know of. But you do have to wonder if the bad apples in the group will stop before they do. you also have to wonder how long it will be before the bad apples on the pro prop 8 side start retaliating against the gays. Eventually things are going to really get out of hand

[edit on 11/18/2008 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
California passes a law making it illegal for gay people to marry, opposition funded in majority by the Mormon church. The Christians march through a predominantly gay district of San Fransisco.

We're competing for a promotion at work. I win the promotion and I decide to walk past your cube for 2 hours.

Your parents decide that you get a car and your sister does not. You decide to walk in and out of her room for 2 hours.

This is called "gloating" or a "sore winner" or "baiting" or maybe just plain old being an "a--hole".

The last thing I'd do is call it Christian.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by cogburn]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
They're a GANG!!!! I'm talking about the homosexuals.

They got right in the lens of the camera, and told all the Christians and Mormons to stay out of THEIR neighborhood.

That is classic GANG TALK to get HOSTILE over THEIR TURF!!!

lol

They're out of control...I guess equal rights is only for THEM, when they want to march and act out, anyone else wishing to express their right of free speech is subject to be abused by them.

I really hate that I have to agree, yet again. This is getting out of hand. Two wrongs do not make a right. Did they not learn anything from the civil rights movement? I am all for gay rights. I am no gay basher, but this is just thuggish behavior that should NOT be rewarded by aquiescence.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by cogburn
California passes a law making it illegal for gay people to marry, opposition funded in majority by the Mormon church. The Christians march through a predominantly gay district of San Fransisco.

We're competing for a promotion at work. I win the promotion and I decide to walk past your cube for 2 hours.

Your parents decide that you get a car and your sister does not. You decide to walk in and out of her room for 2 hours.

This is called "gloating" or a "sore winner" or "baiting" or maybe just plain old being an "a--hole".

The last thing I'd do is call it Christian.

But then again....

Nobody is winning by their antics here. The Christians had what they wanted didn't they? So what was the point of this demo?

The problem is that the Christian right has been guilty of not being very good to their word or for their cause for a long time too. This does not justify anything but I hope eventually both groups of punks eventually learn that this is not the way to move forward for anyone.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

more selective listening from the "whaa whaa" persecuted christians. believe me, within the gay communities many if not most are opposed to the extremist "gay-stapo"...for example:

taking into account what i said in my earlier post, i do not believe that physical violence, vandalism, or even harassment, is an acceptable way to encourage a change of ideas.

but make no mistake about this: gay people all over this nation have reasonable cause to be madder than hell....god help whomever is standing in their way.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I'm in agreement with most of what you say.

I can't imagine being a Cali voter w/o BallotPedia.

ballotpedia.org...(2008)

Some of the donors supporting Prop 8 were:
Knights of Columbus, $1,400,000.
Howard Ahmanson, $1,150,000.
John Templeton, $900,000.
National Organization for Marriage, $785,750.
Elsa Prince, $650,000.
Fieldstead & Company, $600,000.
American Family Association, $500,000
Focus on the Family, $411,000.
Doug Manchester, $125,000.

One group that opposed Proposition 8 focused attention on the contributions to the pro-Proposition 8 campaign from individuals who belong to the Mormon church. Contributions from Mormons were said to amount to between 33%-40% of the total amount raised in support of Proposition 8.

Easily over $3,000,000 contributed by religious organizations. When I saw that on Nov 3rd something just started to smell awful. Interesting that the KoC is the largest individual donor, nearly matching the estimates of the Mormon contributions.

Almost makes you wonder if a year or so ago there wasn't some back-room discussion at a religious conference.

Perhaps not on these forums, but I was one who was of the opinion that there was something wrong with Prop 8 from the get-go.

The advertising seemed wrong... the commentary seemed wrong... the level of money seemed wrong... the text of the legislation itself seemed off.

When I got to Prop 8 on my ballot I couldn't help but wonder if I were to even cast a vote at all if this wouldn't be the result regardless of the outcome.

For what it's worth I voted No. For me it came down to not wanting to participate in voting someone's "no-victim" way of life into illegality. Next time it could be me.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

more selective listening from the "whaa whaa" persecuted christians.

That's funny since i'm not christian so i guess your talking about the media.

but make no mistake about this: gay people all over this nation have reasonable cause to be madder than hell....god help whomever is standing in their way.

and its exactly this line of thinking that will do the most harm to gay peoples cause. from what i have seen Gays haven't been hauled off like other desenters. But they will be if they continue down the path they are going down. the acts of the few ruin it for the rest. do you honestly think that the government will stop at just rounding up the bad apples?

Once the government labels gay rights activists as terrorist they will round up any gay person. especially after the federal Government amends the U.S. constitution to ban same sex marriages.

an unlike when a state amends it constitution it doesn't go to a direct vote of the people. it goes to the state legislators. right now 30 states ban same sex marriage one way or another. they only need 8 more states to agree with them. then the issue will be removed from the states and mandated by the federal government.

Do you want that to happen? Because i don't. at least at the state level its left up to the people in the state if they ban same sex marriage or not.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   

sorry about mis-labeling you. s'pose i shouldnt be labeling anyone. it must have been the huge american flag and gun wielding soldier that sent me off on the wrong track.

your arguments are sound. not only should this particular issue stay at state level, but there are very few reasons IMO that the fed should ever get into anyone's business.

i, too, fear where this all may lead. the last thing i want to do is give the "end of days" believers more ammo. (as in: "father against son and blah blah".)

my only reason for being in this thread is to shut down the argument that the gay's response to Prop8 passing is somehow bigoted. it is not.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join