Sparks Fly As 'Gay" Activist Mob Swarms Christians

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by governmentsecrets
well, i guess after years of being treated as a sub-human, denied equal rights, physically assaulted and killed for being born who we are, I guess we've decided we've had enough. Thats what happens when you suppress a group of people and deny them their equal rights. Reap what you sow.

So we should expect this behavior towards all aspects of society now? Why then are they seemingly always targeting christians? If it's just the result of decades of 'oppression', why single out one group?

Reap what who sows? Politicians, society in general? Who???

Let me see these guys target a mosque, and then I'll believe your post above has merit.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

no problem most people assume if your against Gay marriage you must be a bigot or a christian or both. this is a touchy issue for people on both sides. and issues like these always get out of hand fast. And i don't want anyone to get hurt in this mess. but its going to happen unless us level headed people on both sides can get control of the bad apples on both sides.

something else i didn't know and i'm putting it below in a reply to cogburn is who Elsa prince's son is. people might want to take heed of that.

reply to post by cogburn

have you looked up info on the top individual donors on that list? Elsa prince's Son is the head of Blackwater worldwide. if you want a link i'll get you one.

I had no doubt that the church and there wealthy supporters funneled a lot of money in to support Prop8. what would have surprised me is if they didn't funnel that money in. it would have made me wonder what they were saving the for that we don't know about yet.

Also since the church was taking up donations for a political issue they should have to pay taxes on that money. they need to quit hiding behind their tax free status.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
What really drives me crazy in all of this is how the Christians are being singled out in this nonsense. Even goofier is how the only churches being singled out are predominantly white.

I am not Christian and I am about as white as Barack Obama.

Does anyone realize that none of the Major Religions on earth accept the concept of homosexual behavior, especially Islam possibly the largest and fastest growing religion in the world. Some faiths are more tolerant, meaning less or no discrimination towards the activity but none accept the behavior. Its more or less seen as a taboo fetish by every major religion.

Even if for whatever reason gay marriage is accepted here, within 50 years at the current rate many places around the world may overwhelmingly be Muslim with Sharia Law. So as the United States is recognizing people with various sexual festishes as distinct minorities legally entitled to mass social acceptance, Europe by this time will probably be in the process of instituting Sharia law.

What an interesting world that will be in 50 years, I figure by that time pedophilia, incest, bestiality, sadomasochism, coprophilia, and exhibitionism will each constitute a legally "protected" minority. I absolutely guarantee that Technosexuals, people that really really like robots, will be a legal minority by that time. I would not doubt that we have this same silly marriage issue pop up then too, because someone wants to marry his Cherry 3000.

Overall my point is this, this age of tolerance in the West is like a burning candle. Eventually it is going to burn out and the experiment will end. Things will go back as they once were as the masses fundamentally seek the solace of faith, especially as resources dwindle, the environment changes, and the desperate turn to violence. America may find itself being very lonely and surrounded by those who not only find our ways unacceptable but are violently, possibly genocidally intolerant of the society in America at that time.

So enjoy all of this while it lasts, have fun with the debate over the issue but try to keep things in real context, as in global and historical context. Don't single out any religion especially current Christians of a particular race or ethnicity. If anything I would be worried about the one religion and its law that is growing exponentially throughout the world, where even in modern moderate Egypt you can be arrested, convicted, and executed for being homosexual.

Have a nice day!

[edit on 18/11/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
So as the United States is recognizing people with various sexual festishes as distinct minorities legally entitled to mass social acceptance, Europe by this time will probably be in the process of instituting Sharia law.

all i have to say to that is it'll be a cold day in hell before sharia law is introduced in this small corner of europe, and i would guess it'll be a simular story in the rest of europe.

it's a nice change to see intolerant gays and racist black people being highlighted in the US, gives me hope for humanity. at least the MSM is finally being realistic.

i see no reason why marriage should be redefined against most peoples wishes and i haven't seen a good argument why it should, perhaps the gay people in castro should take a long hard look at the reality of the world they live in and count their blessings, get their houses in order and offer a good argument rather than whining about rights when addressing denial of a privilege.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

From the UK? If already in 2008 you have stories from the BBC like "Sharia law 'could have UK role'" news.bbc.co.uk... and other stories dealing with Sharia law in the EU I can't imagine what its going to be like in 50 years with the exponential growth of the Islamic population in Europe.

What will that mean for the many liberal reforms and ideas, especially in regards to the EU that backs such concepts as gay marriage?

I can imagine some places will resist but really how far can one go to maintain their identity in such an environment?

If anything I could really see that mess as what makes the European Union back into Europe Divided.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I'm going to give you a star just for figuring out a way to work Cherry 3000 into this thread.

The odd positive knock-on benefit is that Prop 8 has provided a new dialog for discussion of the issue outside of the standard religious confines.

Ok... granted in some isolated incidents it's left the religious confines and gone right towards "riot", but none the less there hasn't been this level of intellectual discussion on the topic... ever?

Christians all in a riot over gay marriage. Muslims all in a riot over Christians. Gays all in a riot because they were legislated against. Black people in a riot because of racists during the election. Racists during the election all in a riot because of a black candidate.

... and all those stupid, gullible people stuck in the middle.

Not a good time to be a sheep.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
All this talk of Christians being singled out, blah blah blah. These people singled themselves out by choosing to go into a gay neighborhood to rub salt into the open wound of Prop 8. Was anyone hurt? Where’s all this violence the OP was talking about? Yeah, they ran some unwelcome people out of their neighborhood. Not the wisest of actions, but perhaps understandable under the circumstances. Hint to the anti-gay activists, and the gay activists: leave people alone and they’ll leave you alone. If you don’t attack someone, they’ll have no reason to respond.

This is just more divide and conquer folks. The PTB are pitting the races against each other, and even the sexual orientations against each other. Don’t fall for it people. Keep your attention on our true adversary, the big money PTB that seek a new feudalism.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

no, but i'm aware of the situation in the UK, the comment by one judge to the effect that perhaps at some point in the future the UK might recognise decisions made by sharia judges where the decision is in like with UK legislation has been slightly blown out of proportion.

for instance, if a sharia judge divorces a couple in the UK they still need to go through the process civilly, what the guy meant was that where there was no contest, the brittish law system should recognise these decisions in much the same way as marriage in a church is civilly recognised at the moment.

this is hardly sharia law or a move toward it, it is the opinion of one judge. where did you get the exponential growth of the muslim community notion?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by resistor

Well we have to focus (distract ourselves) on something impractical and pointless while the economy falls apart and our resources dwindle, so why not something as inapplicable to the global situation as gay marriage?

We can't go around worrying about anything remotely important can we? I mean why waste time worrying about the global financial system when we can discuss Kaylee Anthony and Proposition 8?

You would think with all the attention and importance we give that kind of crap that if we resolved it, it would usher in some Utopian new era.

In top Google news MTV aired the last episode of TRL and in top Yahoo news Sasha Cohen pretended to be an extra on a movie production.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I got the growth notion from numerous articles on population growth of native Europeans vs. Europe's Muslim population. The current Muslim population is expected to double between 2015 and 2020.

By 2050 some expect at the current rate that 1/5 of Europe's population will be Muslim. That figure doesn't take into account the declining birthrate of native Europeans. That's definitely not a majority but its more than enough to make a huge mess, intifada style, if things don't go their way. The question is how will the rest of Europe react? Will it be with resolve and resistance? Will it be with submission and fear?

Europe's Muslim Street
www.brookings.edu...

EUROPE: Integrating Islam
www.cfr.org...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
so 1/5th of the population are going to institute sharia law over the rest of us? utter rubbish scaremongering.

we'll deal with muslims the same way we've dealt with the integration of so many nationalities and cultures into something approaching cohesion, absorb and absolve. europes taste for accommodating extremists is quite sated at this stage, thanks.

okay, i'm done, back on topic.

[edit on 18/11/08 by pieman]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Yah,the shariah law thing would still be over ruled by British law,it was just giving them so leeway like jewish folks in Britain.Anyway yes,if this recent law was *black people* couldnt get married or the like,would the same people be hailing it as a sign of democracy or would you see how this anger has justification.I dont agree with violence,but you have to see where these people are coming from.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   

well, i guess after years of being treated as a sub-human, denied equal rights, physically assaulted and killed for being born who we are, I guess we've decided we've had enough. Thats what happens when you suppress a group of people and deny them their equal rights. Reap what you sow.

"born who you are" - hey, when you find that "gay gene" I'll personally nominate you for the Nobel Peace Prize in Genetics (if there is one). What a riot.

"deny them equal rights" - ???

Since when was choosing what gender you want to boink late at night a "civil rights" issue worthy of legal intervention?? This has always puzzled me. Please explain

what a funny bunch!! I'm sure the next vid they will be weilding knives and shouting "get off our turf Jets" (west-side story)

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ACEMANN

"born who you are" - hey, when you find that "gay gene" I'll personally nominate you for the Nobel Peace Prize in Genetics (if there is one). What a riot.

"deny them equal rights" - ???

Since when was choosing what gender you want to boink late at night a "civil rights" issue worthy of legal intervention?? This has always puzzled me. Please explain

what a funny bunch!! I'm sure the next vid they will be weilding knives and shouting "get off our turf Jets" (west-side story)

Were you born straight? How did you come to the conclusion the female sex was to your desire and not the male sex?or was it automatic and biological? and yes there is alot of evidence slowly coming together to show the differences between straight and gay brains.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Maybe these Christians when they go courting danger in the 'gay areas?' take this piece of advice with you when you go.

Take some feather dusters with you, that way if the Gay mob start to advance say to them " heres a duster, go clean something."

I thought that the Gays were supposed to be tolerant , obviously I've got it wrong. It's now like if your white and you go to a black district , or black go to a white district, islamic and you go to a christian country.
Theres too much antagonism these days .
Don't rub your beliefs, choices, religeon in someone elses face, you'll only pee them off and make them hate you more.
SO
to the Christians - DONT go to the gay area and preach about gays being immoral / sinful.

Gays - DONT crash church meetings to 'protest' about being gay .

Islamics - DONT go to a Christian country / area and say we hate you because your not Islamic.

Politicians - take note, not everyone has the same ideas as you either.

Old folk - dont hate the young because they life in the now time and have a lot of energy

Young folk - dont hate the old folk because they lived in they're 'now time' but be appreciative of the experience they can give you

Notice to all - - GET OVER YOURSELVES , learn to love each other instead of perpetuating hate in whatever form simply because the person your directing it at is different to you in some way wether it's beliefs' sexual orientation, political persuasion or simply because they dress differently.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cogburn

Christians all in a riot over gay marriage. Muslims all in a riot over Christians. Gays all in a riot because they were legislated against. Black people in a riot because of racists during the election. Racists during the election all in a riot because of a black candidate.

It certainly looks like people are being turned against each other in an escalating fashion. As others have eluded to, where does it end? All this stuff seems to be picking up a lot of steam lately.

I am a religious person, however, I have nothing against gays. Sure, the Bible says it's wrong, but IMO, those people who claim to be Christians that go around judging and condemning others are not Christians. That's not how Christians are supposed to act and those who have judged and condemned gays had this coming I guess, but on the same note, the gays aren't doing themselves any good by attacking people who aren't preaching or doing anything to them. All people, gays included, should do whatever makes them happy. If that includes marrying someone of the same sex, so be it. It's no ones place to judge but God himself.

People seem to be turning against each other at alarming rates over the last couple weeks or so. There's also millions of armed americans ready to use their guns. It seems this pot is boiling and someone forgot to take the lid off the pot. I fear this will all come to a head sooner than later and will only be intensified as the economic situation continues to worsen.

The current situation seems to be reflecting the prophesy of the first four seals, the four horsemen. One sets out to conquer and be victorious in war, one turns people against one another causing much blood to be shed, one holds the scales of commerce and represents economic turmoil and imbalance and the last is death. I know many don't buy into it, but it sure is eerie how these things are all shaping up in reference to the missions of these four horsemen. I hope none of this happens, but man, people need to get ahold of themselves because once the lid is blown off this pot, I don't think anyone will be able to put it back on.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

this is not the same as saying black people cannot get married. marrage is a recognition of a particular form of stable relationship formed with the intention of raising children. legally, society views a man, woman and children to be the best form of family unit for continuation of the society and the societies values.

two gay men or women hold no more value to society than a couple of spinsters living together or a couple of buddies or two people sharing an apartment.

given the lack of anything special, by societies standard, which has been democratically determined, attached to a gay relationship, society sees no reason to designate it as special.

why should an unwilling society be forced to recognise a gay relationship as special against its wishes?

and another thing, shouting about the growing data that suggests homosexuality is an induced defect in the womb may not help your case that homosexuality is a genetic issue. latest research suggests it is caused by a mistimed hormonal flood and is, as such, treatable.

that makes homosexuality a birth defect, unless your happy with that designation i suggest you don't go down the "born this way" route.

EDIT: datawraith-
there is something fundamentally flawed in a logic which says at the same time that we should love each other while segragating ourselves from other communities.

[edit on 18/11/08 by pieman]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Excellent points and frightening stats.

Back in 2002 Pat Buchanan released "Death of the West". You don't have to be a Buchanan fan to read this book. Alot of what was written is coming to fruition.

www.amazon.com...=si3_rdr_bb_product

[edit on 18-11-2008 by jibeho]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Now if the issue is about sexual attraction or desire. What about people who are attracted to animals, children, machines, or any other variant of paraphilia?

Humans as a species seem to be born with the ability to desire anything from women to vacuum cleaners. Who is really to say what is taboo and not?

There will be time here in the near future where machines will be built that are humanoid in design and specifically for companionship/sexual fetish. Some humans are going build up communities and cultures around the concept. They are going to be ridiculed and probably be discriminated against. At some point they are going demand the ability to marry their machines. How should people react? Where is the line drawn? What does marriage represent? Is it simply the union of two based on sexual desire? Why not three, four or five?

I think there inherently lies the problem. The nonsensical idea that Marriage is based on sexual desire. Anyone can sexually desire anything, but only one male and one female can procreate. There is no way around this. Male sperm and female ova unite to form new life.

Historically the foundation of marriage has been about that New Life and the concept of Family. For thousands of years Marriages were arranged for various reasons, but the ultimate purpose was for procreation. It not only united a Man and Woman, it united Families, Tribes, Clans and even Nations. It did this by the act of union and the heirs produced that binded people in ways nothing else could.

Marriage represents a powerful union, a bond not based on sex, but based on family.

Really who cares about family anymore? Everything today is centered around the self and the ego. Instant gratification for the attention deficit generation. Now where's my Cherry 3000! I don't want to wait 15 more years. (sarcasm)

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The fanatical Christians vs. the fanaical gays! Sounds like the next movie of the week. Come on people. These folks should be held accountable for their actions without the entire Christian and gay communities being blamed for the actions of a few.

The praying Christians could have held their vigil in their church. By going out into the community, they were inviting trouble. Two wrongs don't make a right, but I can sympathise with the gays. How would these Christians feel if the gays held a Gay Pride parade in their neighborhood.

Jesus said to do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join