It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sparks Fly As 'Gay" Activist Mob Swarms Christians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
If the so-called Christians really were following the teachings of Jesus as opposed to mouthing them they would remember:

how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye. Luke 6.42 King James Version

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The funniest thing about a lot of these gay people are those absurd "gay pride" parades. They talk about how they are equal to us and just like the rest of us, yet they do something that emphasizes only the things that are different about them.

Talk about irony.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
The funniest thing about a lot of these gay people are those absurd "gay pride" parades. They talk about how they are equal to us and just like the rest of us, yet they do something that emphasizes only the things that are different about them.

Talk about irony.
I'm going to have to agree with this.

I was in NYC this past summer, and while in Greenwich one day, a HUGE gay pride parade was occurring. I had no idea it was going to be there. But I soon found myself amongst boisterous, loud, sweaty lesbians, watching flamboyant floats drive through the streets, topped with transvestites and leather clad gay men, dancing and hip thrusting to throbbing house music.

It was an eye opening experience to say the least.

But now that I look back on it, is it REALLY that much different than sporting events? Sure, the imagery may be a little more conservative at sporting events, but some of the elements remain: loud music, boisterous, loud, sweaty fans, etc. I could go on, but I think I have proven my point.

[edit on 11/18/2008 by prototism]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
What is going on right now concerning gay rights is ridiculous. Marriage in the church IS NOT recognized by law, you have to get your license from the state afterward. Civil Unions are recognized by the state and have no religious ties. Maybe the gays don't want to get married in your church either? Under the concept of separation of church and state, there shouldn't even be a conflict. Prop 8 and other similar rulings are not legal in any sense of the word, but, America is a country that believes it's a Christian nation, even though it's not in any sense of the word.

And besides, why should the religious or anyone outside the situation care what a couple wants to do in their bedroom? Or they just want the same basic rights every other straight couple gets? Is it even any of your business? Nope.

I can't wait until the people of the States realize that all these things they are banning, such as gay marriage, gay adoption, gay foster parents, and etc, are completely in violation of the Constitution. There's nothing in that document that says anything about homosexuals. Not a single word.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by akabetty]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This is now making me chuckle.

The Gay population of America have had enough of being dictated to by a right-wing fanatical Christian base, and they're showing it.

If a Gay pride march was organized to run through a Christian area, you can guarantee that the hatred and violence would be shown toward them by these religious people far more vehemently than has happened in this case.

These religious people are trying to provoke, they are preaching hate and intolerance, denying people their basic civil rights, and they're doing it right in the faces of the gay community.
What do they expect to happen?

This is only going to get more ugly as it goes on. And until the fanatically religious learn to accept that other people have rights too, it won't end.

When you deny a whole section of your community civil rights, you anger a lot of people, and they have a right to defend themselves against such things.
How many of you have proclaimed openly that you would defend your freedom and rights against a martial law scenario "in any way possible"?

The gay community is defending itself against an open attack by Christian-led extremists.

And rightly so.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Does anyone realize that none of the Major Religions on earth accept the concept of homosexual behavior, especially Islam possibly the largest and fastest growing religion in the world. Some faiths are more tolerant, meaning less or no discrimination towards the activity but none accept the behavior. Its more or less seen as a taboo fetish by every major religion.

[edit on 18/11/08 by MikeboydUS]

You're completely wrong that no faith accepts homosexuality.
The Pagan faiths openly accept homosexuality and actively support all followers. They have no problem with equality on every aspect.

And it's not the Islamic faith that is standing in the street throwing accusations, insults and bigoted statements at the gay community, is it.

It's not a state with ties to Islamic faith removing the civil rights of a minority of its citizens.

While Islam is just as homophobic as Christianity, they are not the ones making a joyous meal of this insanity.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by prototism

When did sports become just a heterosexual thing? To imply they are the equivalent of a gay pride parade is to imply they are somehow a heterosexual pride event.

They are clearly not.

I would vote in favor of a heterosexual pride parade though complete with bikini clad girls dancing on floats and loud hip hop music. I'm not sure if I could convince conservatives to go along with that though. Heck I don't even think it would get past most city ordinances, but yet somehow men in thongs with leather chaps do.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Time for some tolerance training. MORMONS believe that humans can become gods. They believe mormon men and women, properly "sealed" to each other in mormon temple ceremony, will go on to create new heavens and new earths, where they will populate them with spirit children via divine procreation and have all the same powers and responsibilities that Jehovah (and his wife) have had with this planet. Essentially, they believe in the divinity and divine nature of humans, and the sacredness of male-female reproduction. THAT is their reason for voting prop 8. they believe the homosexual is missing, ignoring or not aware of their shot at divinity. part of the teaching stipulates a man and a woman do this creating of new spirit children. so yeah, they think they are doing homosexuals a favor by not encouraging them to be gay, since you can't step into your role as divinity without a partner of the opposite sex who you have been properly sealed to. They believe marriage is eternal, and once sealed to someone, you will be married forever (even after death).

so the reasons for why people voted prop 8 are vastly different.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
amazes me that the gay rights brigade try to paint marriage as a civil right, it clearly isn't, show me any way in which marriage is a civil right. any of you.

and by the way, it was more people than the christian right that voted against gay marriages, the christian right just don't have the numbers. society as a whole democratically rejected gay marriage.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This is a hate crime, because it sure as hell would be if it were the other way around, which I'm sure we'll see soon.
Targeted simply because their Christian.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'd just like to note that these guys were protesting outside of bars.

You know, where people drink, and probably drink heavily...

I want someone to gather 100 faithful Christians and go to a biker bar and sing praises for a few hours and see what happens. Then go to a frat bar. Then go to a dive bar. Then go to a Latino bar. Actually, go to any bar at all and see what happens.

For one, it's obvious they weren't there just to "pray", they were there to pray for the inherent immorality of homosexuals, which is exactly what any gay person will see when they see them outside of a gay bar doing this. Second, I'm sure those "activists" were just people who were 1) drunk, 2) upset about the whole Prop 8 thing in California right now, and 3) tired of hearing the litany of bad music coming from prosyletizers who weren't there to help in any way, but rather to judge and condemn.

And by the way, the video shows nothing bad that I saw. The homosexuals weren't targeting anything, they were the target of Christian zealouts and they were exercising their right to be as loud and obnoxious as they wanted to be. I just feel sorry that their night got ruined by a bunch of judgemental loons.

As far as I'm concerned, it serves the protestors right. Although, I'm sure they went home with a certain amount of satisfaction.

Oh, and did anyone else notice that the camera was being filmed from the sidewalk? Who was on the sidewalk? The protestors and the police. So, who do you think brought the camera? This reeks of a set up to discredit the gay community, and it looks like some gullible people fell hook, line, and sinker for it. And I don't include those who where at the bar and drinking as being the gullible ones.

Get real.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Avenginggecko]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well, it appears the gay rights issue is now officially dead.

So is the Christian/non-Christian issue.

All we have left now is a shadow of what this great country once stood for, and an answer to the question in the Survival forum of "what will SitX be?"

SitX will be a civil war. The first volley will be fired soon as someone dies in a protest or riot. The other side will retaliate. Then more retaliation. Then it spreads... other states, major cities, smaller towns, and finally rural areas. Hate, pure hate, compounded by pain and misery as the economic collapse grows. Desperate people, fighting to survive against each other, forced apart by their differences instead of together by their common struggle, neighbor against neighbor, brother against brother, father against son... death, death and more death... pain, pain, and more pain...

Someone mentioned the four seals of Revelation, and the four horsemen. All are enemies to the followers of Jesus. They come in order. The first was Napoleon, who went forth conquering and to conquer. The second was Hitler, who took peace form the earth. The third is the United States, with the symbol of the balances and the references to capitalism and famine due to poverty. I never could see it before, but now I do.

The fourth is irrelevant to this thread.

I didn't enter this thread to argue the issue of gay marriage. I have had quite enough of that argument. I came into this thread to say one thing, one word that will go inheard and unheeded... but I must say it anyway.

So please... please...

please...

I don't care if it's for the love of God, the love of country, or the love of family or mankind or anything else. Call it what you will, but please...

please...

please...

stop

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
where that leads the mormon church is not a comfortable place for mormons. let's say someone becomes mormon but that someone is gay. they do all the necessary footwork, and then present the bishop with their proposed marriage partner.. their gay partner. when the bishop refuses to give them the temple recommend for sealing of their marriage, the state can step in and insist because it is otherwise discrimination. problem with that is, the tenets of their belief on the subject of marriage REQUIRES a biological man and woman. not sure how they would handle it if one had had a sex change.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
Now if the issue is about sexual attraction or desire. What about people who are attracted to animals, children, machines, or any other variant of paraphilia?

Humans as a species seem to be born with the ability to desire anything from women to vacuum cleaners. Who is really to say what is taboo and not?

People used the same exact excuses to not allow interracial marriages.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
TBH all I see in the video is people protesting, gays or not, it is every mans right to protest. Of course there are black sheeps in every corner and paint the rest. But this post smells of christian prejudice.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Did I say no faith. I said no Major Faith. Meaning Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism.

The Pagan faith? What Pagan faith? The numerous branches of neo-paganism like Wicca and "Druidism"? Or something more traditional like Asatru, which is clearly not pro homosexual. Or do we want to get historical with Roman laws like Lex Scantinia, written almost 200 years before the birth of Christianity, where homosexual behavior between freemen was punishable by death. When Augustus became the fist Roman emperor he instituted Lex Iulia de Adulteriis Coercendis, which was amended in 17 BC with the death penalty for homosexuals. Even the ancient Greeks who espoused the erotic love of men and boys frowned upon Sodomy. The Norse and Germanic tribes did not approve homosexual behavior, viewed as being dishonorable and even condoned violence against homosexuals. The Celts too frowned upon male homosexual behavior.

No the Muslims are not in the streets in the US protesting gays, they are a very small segment of the US population. The Middle East is a whole different issue, with honor killings against gay family members, forced sex changes in Iran, and in most Islamic countries the practice is punishable by death.

The thing I would really like to know is how sexual desire, regardless of the focus of the desire, is a civil right?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
"look what religion has done!"

A book cant clench a fist or hold a sword you fool! Blame man for what he does, in the name of God or otherwise.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Must a group come along every now and then and ruin traditions?

I mean, this whole thing is pathetic.
Gay's aren't allowed to get married.
I think it's time to get over it, time to lick your wounds and try again in a few years.
The amount of liberal people in the world nowadays astounds me, and it grows more and more, I'm actually surprised the gays didn't win.. especially in a state like CA. (no offense to anyone).

Anyway, I'm sure this will change one day.

Anyone else feel that the 60's is happening again?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

Considering the massive influx of hardcore Catholic hispanics into the US, California's days of being the refuge of liberal thought are numbered. The Catholic Hispanic vote was one of the reasons Prop 8 passed.

[edit on 18/11/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

oh i never thought of that.
oh my, this could get messy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join