page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by pieman

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Marriage, or Civil Union in this case (as it has NOTHING to do with religion!), affects various laws and rights of a person.
yes, because society acknowledges the special nature of the relationship between a man and a woman. i see no reason why society must extend these special privileges to everyone who wants them.

Yes.. At least in America it is called "EQUAL RIGHTS".

Heard of that?

Yes, of course. And it also equally applies to Christians who just wanted to pray in the Castro district of SF.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Answer me honestly:

Do you think that Christ, the living Son of God, would think what you are doing is OK? Would He be hurt at your behavior? Would He say go ahead guys do whatever you want as long as it makes you happy?

What would he say if he were here today in person?

Grandma

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

I'm referring to the belief that states that bread transmutates into the Flesh of their avatar, and then they eat it.

That's rather cannibalistic if you ask me. Even if it is culturally acceptable, it doesn't change how it looks from an objective perspecitve.

I didn't see this the first time I read your post. What a stretch this is in an attempt to find something negative and not to like about Christians. But then you claim to have a problem if people find things they don't like about the gay lifestyle.

Hypocrisy in action, once again.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Being gay doesn't stop you from being able to vote.

Being gay doesn't stop you from running for and holding office.

Being gay doesn't stop you from getting medicare, social security, food stamps, and welfare.

Being gay doesn't stop you from getting a driver's license.

Being gay doesn't stop you from owning a firearm.

I'm not seeing the real issue here. Its not like gays have separate water fountains and sit at the back of buses. Gays are not segregated in colleges.

What rights exactly are being infringed on? Out of the bill of rights, I cannot think of one that by being gay your denied any of the freedoms guaranteed by that bill.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

When will gay people realize that Christians are morally abligated to express their views as to what our Lord Jesus Christ is telling us both in the bible and in our prayer and quiet time with the Holy Spirit helping us.

Grandma

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma

Answer me honestly:

Do you think that Christ, the living Son of God, would think what you are doing is OK? Would He be hurt at your behavior? Would He say go ahead guys do whatever you want as long as it makes you happy?

What would he say if he were here today in person?

Grandma

Given that Christ also got ticked off a few times, I think he'd understand. That's the thing about Christ he loved his neighbor regardless, yet he would throw the money changers out of the temple and on their arses in a heartbeat!

keep in mind, that he hung out with the lowest forms of social life. He wasn't runnin around being self righteous. As a matter of fact, he Spoke out against Public Piety.

He said "if you pray, don't do it in public for all to see... go in to your closet!"

[edit on 18-11-2008 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by akabetty

I don't care what any two people do in their bedroom. That is their own business. However, when gay people want the right to get married that does make it my business. As well, if a gay couple wants to adopt a child. A child should be raised by a FATHER and a MOTHER. And their are a lot of those out there who are wanting to adopt children. A child does not need to be confused at an early age as to who is the mommy and who is the daddy! It is morally wrong as well as against what the Lord had planned for the family to be.

Grandma

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

When will gay people realize that Christians are morally abligated to express their views as to what our Lord Jesus Christ is telling us both in the bible and in our prayer and quiet time with the Holy Spirit helping us.

Grandma

As I mentioned above...

Christ exhorted his followers not to practice public piety, but to go into their closets to pray.

he also exhorted his apostles not to bother with the lady pouring ointment on his head because she was worshiping inthe way she felt was best.

Methinks some bible study is in order for most of the Christians today.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
They're a GANG!!!! I'm talking about the homosexuals.

They got right in the lens of the camera, and told all the Christians and Mormons to stay out of THEIR neighborhood.

That is classic GANG TALK to get HOSTILE over THEIR TURF!!!

That church was upset when the gay folks showed up to their service and made a few comments. They were calling terrorist and trying to keep them off their turf. Double standard by religious bigots.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Being gay doesn't stop you from being able to vote.

Being gay doesn't stop you from running for and holding office.

Being gay doesn't stop you from getting medicare, social security, food stamps, and welfare.

Being gay doesn't stop you from getting a driver's license.

Being gay doesn't stop you from owning a firearm.

I'm not seeing the real issue here. Its not like gays have separate water fountains and sit at the back of buses. Gays are not segregated in colleges.

What rights exactly are being infringed on? Out of the bill of rights, I cannot think of one that by being gay your denied any of the freedoms guaranteed by that bill.

The post you copied my reply from was replying to another individual who said there was no reason that marriage rights should be extended to those who are gay.

I was simply stating that the concept of Equal Rights should apply to the mind of Every American. That's all. I never stated they had a RIGHT to get married, I was simply stating that the concept of Equal rights makes gay marriage a logical conclusion.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Yes, Jesus ran the money changers out of His temple because of the lewd act they were doing there.

Yes, Jesus did hang around with the average person, but He also taught that the law was to be followed and that God was still a God of justice. Don't forget what God has said about homosexual behavior. Jesus did show God's love but He never said that "no rules" apply now everyone.

Grandma

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Yes, Jesus ran the money changers out of His temple because of the lewd act they were doing there.

Yes, Jesus did hang around with the average person, but He also taught that the law was to be followed and that God was still a God of justice. Don't forget what God has said about homosexual behavior. Jesus did show God's love but He never said that "no rules" apply now everyone.

Grandma

I don't remember Jesus saying anything about homosexuality.

I do recall him talking about divorce and adultery though. Based on that alone, shouldn't the Church ban Divorce first before attacking something Jesus never even mentioned?

and btw, he didn't just hang around with the average man.. he hung around with the bottom of the barrel, tax collectors, prostitutes etc.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Being gay or specifically being unmarried (or not having a legally recognized civil union) does prevent a lot of things like having a voice in your lover's medical decisions and related issues.

11 years ago now a good friend of mine passed away on his 36th birthday. He'd had a staff infection and it had settled around his heart. He went to bed and his lover found him in the morning.

My friend's parents were rabid funnymentalists who had disowned their son for being gay... didn't matter that he was a good man that was enough in their eyes to deserve abandonment.

Anyway they refused to have anything to do with their son even in death and refused to give his lover permission to bury him. The poor distraught man had to go before a judge and beg permission from the state to lay his lover to rest properly as opposed to the state just dumping him in potters field.

The judge granted permission and my friend was given a proper and well attended funeral.

But it is those kind of issues that the unmarried (and gay) are denied say in just because they have no legal contract binding their love.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I do pray in privite.

As to Mary pouring the oil on Jesus' feel.......she was anointing Him for what was about to happen to him.....the disciples did not understand this at this point but Jesus knew what the meaning was.

Don't start giving me scripture as I am a very avid bible scholar and have been a Christian over 30 years. I know my bible my friend.

Grandma

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

As you say this was 11 years ago. I really do not think that would happen now.

Grandma

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
After seeing the gay's do that made me think that they are really bad people. They have no mercy. They will kill you..My god, what has happened to my country. It looks like sodom and gomora.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Grandma

The money changers were not doing a lewd act... lewd implies something sexual in nature

lewd |loōd|
adjective
crude and offensive in a sexual way : she began to gyrate to the music and sing a lewd song.
DERIVATIVES
lewdly |ˈludli| adverb
lewdness |ˈludnəs| noun
ORIGIN Old English lǣwede, of unknown origin. The original sense was [belonging to the laity] ; in Middle English , [belonging to the common people, vulgar,] and later [worthless, vile, evil,] leading to the current sense. [/lquote]

The money changers were needed because the temple refused to accept any coinage that was not issued by the Jewish authorities therefore they were needed. Jesus' objection was because they were actually on temple grounds as opposed to outside it.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

do you actually understand that there is a difference between rights and privileges? they are not the same thing. a right is something that is applied to all equally, if it is a right then tell me in what way it can be applied to everyone equally.

i believe marriage is a privilege, not a right. clearly, the US is not a country of equal privilege so there is no reason it should be extended to everyone.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The thing that makes me sick is that gays have all sorts of special rights,now they are taking it to the extreme,just the other day had one trying to start a riot in a store for him having to wait in line,I liked the old days where they stayed in the closet,I think it's time to deal with them in a aggresive manner

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

However, it is very sad that his parents still refused to have anything to do with their son. I must say, if one of my children had turned out to be gay,,,,,I would not have been happy about it.......but I would have never stopped loving my child. That doesn't mean I would believe what they were doing was right.....it just meant that I would always love them and be there if needed.

Grandma

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join