It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Classic Quotes" Burial Ground

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here is another that makes my favorites list...

The topic was religion, so of course the emotions were flying high - and that is about all it takes to get peoples 'creative' side going...

Verbal Beat Down

Originally posted by thedigirati
reply to post by mhc_70

What motivation would anybody have to write about Jesus unless he was real?

What Motivation indeed, the same motivation that makes the claim Mary Magdalen was a prostitute?

the same Motivation that caused the inquisition?

the same motivation that made the Earth the Center of the Universe?

the same motivation that (to this day) keeps women subservient to men?

the same motivation that causes the church to asks for a 10% tithe.......

fascinating question,what motivation indeed....................

Get Some!!

Gotta love it...not too mention the OP never responded...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well its Friday and I feel like laughing so Im hoping this thread will get more attention..I wonder if the mods will join in since im sure they have seen some really funny posts, Im off tonight. Im about to go have some liquid pleasure and then I will be back trolling for great quotes and funny comments..I need my Army buddies to chime in with some good military quotes that put us in a good light..

I know Im going out for liquid pleasure at 14:15pm est(hey its five o clock someehere!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole

Um... thanks for considering one of my posts/replies the most memorable. The Illuminati human resources department is always looking for a few good men, women and reptilian hybrids.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I liked this post as well, Im not sure if he was from the US or another country but he was really peeved

Bush pardons himself

Originally posted by mattifikation
I think I just puked in my mouth a little. Words escape me. Justice does not exist in the United States. Not an ounce of it.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmd18B
I liked this post as well, Im not sure if he was from the US or another country but he was really peeved

Bush pardons himself

Originally posted by mattifikation
I think I just puked in my mouth a little. Words escape me. Justice does not exist in the United States. Not an ounce of it.

bro.. you just killed my unbelievable rare ATS high (like I used to get in the good ole days '06), here I am getting all juiced up to get a little sick to my stomach from the political plots and EOTW postings and then I come across this wonderful gem of a thread and laugh until my partisan overbrain pops out and what do you do?
You go and ruin it all by posting that?

Did I miss the joke? The funny?
The politically relevant (to you) posts are stashed somewhere else..

Comedy.. look it up, it ain't no friends with politics. Move along.

Note: I had a funny quote but my clipboard failed..(how does that happen?) seriously.. my clipboard failed, so Ill post it later. Hopefully I can find it again cause we have some REALLY awesome funny commentors here on ATS

[edit on 14-11-2008 by gormly]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Nothing is sacred on ATS surely you have discovered that thus far.
Politics, religion, theories and personal concepts of grandeur are all illusions on this site, don’t take things so personally.
On ATS cutting remarks are business and business is good, so relax a little.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Best idea EVAR for a thread!!! Here's one...it's a quote from NGC2736 :

"I used to rodeo some, and I swear, I would trust a doped up bull with a cinch rope on his testicles more than most any modern day politician."

Giddyup, big daddy!! That's some funny stuff, right there!

My heretofore dormant narcissist tendencies demand that I provide a link to the pertinent thread :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Ok its in one of my threads but..... but the quote(s) made me laugh very much in the context, my friends too, male and female at the time!

A Classic From Dr Love himself.

Originally posted by Dr Love

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

That female Bonobo looks disinterested just like a few of my former girlfriends.

I'm sorry. Give me a warn. Back on topic.

Peace

From this Thread: Humans Closest & Sex Mad Relative Under Threat of Extinction

And also from the same thread Dyepes:

Originally posted by DYepes
Well to be honest, I would prefer not to live like a Bonobo. There are many more productive things to do than be all huggy and sexual all day long.

Here

Spread the smiles eh.

Elf.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

I think we can agree to disagre that I see humor a bit more differently than you good sir...Obviously you cannot see the humor in what I saw so I suggest that in the future if you decide to post in this thread you come up with something side splitting... so you know what Lumberg Im gonna have to ask you to move along!!!I got a meeting with the Bobs in ten minutes..

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Nice one Elf...

I'm sure some of us on this site can empathize, but either way, that was indeed classic.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
My fave is still the one originally posted by defcon5 (you added at the begining of this thread).
hehehe

Great thread, thanks!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Now I really laughed at the reply from this member, Im not making fun of the OP's thread but Its just kind of funny to me.

Originally posted by 123143
My advice: Watch him on sunny days. If he sits on a rock all afternoon, he's probably a reptile.

The thread was titled-Advice: I Think My Boyfriend Is A Reptile!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
"4). That you formulate your questions intelligently. My time is limited. I do not want to waste it by having to trawl through pointless, futile, insensible or disrespectful questions, therefore I will answer the questions I feel are most deserving of a response, during the time that I have available. Use the time we have wisely."

... above was a request of the OP on 'Window of Opportunity' thread--- so this poster asks...

Originally posted by red_leader
What kind of car do you have?

I like this thread, I could use some good belly laughs.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

I remember this one...

I took it as sarcasm at its best, but you never know...

Some classic comments are flukes I think - but who cares...if they are worth a second look then it doesn't matter...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I will share this quote. It made me laugh pretty good. Sorry Burdman

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
If someone going 95 MPH ever causes a wreck I'm involved in and then produces a teacup poodle as the excuse for them traveling at a very dangerously high rate of speed, there will be a teacup poodle alongside the road flattened with the imprint of a size 16 Harley Davidson lug boot implanted across it's back.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
There's a current thread that has the potential to be a LEGEND on ATS...the topic is about a member searching for info related to a study on humans choosing sexual partners based on colon size, and I don't mean the colon on your keyboard...

linky
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Epic wit ensues, people, and the thread is entirely pwned by members such as "hikix" and "paperplanes":

Hikix:
"phew, thank god my colon is enormous! Had a little scare there when i saw the title."

Paperplanes:
"I don't know why some of you are having such a hard time understanding this correlation. Colon size is the primary factor in choosing a mate, far above ideological compatibility and physical appearance. It's the very first thing I check! Gosh, how can you be so clueless? Sometimes I wonder if ATS is the right website for me--my intellect sometimes causes me to feel so, so very isolated."

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
AAAH..As my liquid pleasure increases throughout the night I came acorss this great quote and it almost sobered me up

Originally posted by spacecowgirl
NO..we dont!

Skeptics and rednecks should not have free reign to destroy threads. It is not their God given right to kick a thread untill it's not breathing. There is far too much of this here and it needs to be stopped.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I realy liked this members quote!!!

Originally posted by xpert11
This clown doesn't have the right to fly any other flag above the Star and Stripes . To do such a thing is disrespectful to veterans and the country itself.
If a person wants to show there heritage why not fly there country of origin beside the US flag on another pole ?
Preserving one background doesn't give anyone a license to launch a cultural assault on the country that providing them with a new home.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This is a sudden slap in my face.
it's about a supposed alien in Quebec found dead.

The debate is about the authenticity of the alien I found this photo and the remark to be a luagh.

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
Take a gander at that sweet, sweet alien ass.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Oh man that was great, Im sitting here having a couple of refreshments and watching Beerfest and I have to say that really made me laugh, That quote was great..Good find buddy

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join