It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Allagash Incident

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I was just reading about the Travis Wlaton account and it reminded me of this case as well. This case was the first one that got me into questioning the whole alien abduction phenomenon. I believe I first saw it in early 90s on an Unsolved Mysteries program or something.

Anyway, it's a fascinating case with many questions unasnwered, so I decided to find and bump this thread.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Ziggystar, good post matey - here are the new links for those vids:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Given the years of some of the most famous UFO abduction cases (including this one) i tend to believe that many of them were part of MK ULTRA. MKULTRA started in 1945 it was shown to be experimenting on civilians in the 60's, betty and barney hill were abducted in 1961.
Not a very difficult scenario, pump people full of drugs hypnotize then and then tell them that if they are ever put under hypnosis again to tell them that aliens did it. Combine the implanted story with strange scattered memories and you have an abduction story.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

Do you please have a larger picture of those boys?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

I read the book about the incident and two things jumped out at me:

1. Two of the men stated under hypnosis that they were visited by aliens since they were children. This is usually left out when the Allagash Incident is mentioned. It should go to the credibility of these men and whether what they experienced was real or not.

2. Two of the men (not sure now, but on the History Channel show about this incident) claim that this was not a real event. In the book, this was omitted, and it also is not revealed in many versions of this incident.

It is still an interesting case, but it raises many questions on whether it actually happened.

(edited to add: when I first commented on this case, I had not read the book about the incident.)

[edit on 4/1/2010 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

2. Two of the men (not sure now, but on the History Channel show about this incident) claim that this was not a real event. In the book, this was omitted, and it also is not revealed in many versions of this incident.

Was it verified? Most peculiar if it indeed is true

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The Allagash Incident I always got confused with the Pascagoula abduction, but in the Pascagoula abduction aliens appeared to shapeshift if it is true, the depictions they wrote may very well be the tall insectiod beings who did not want to be seen. A million years advanced and being able to create an image around one's body must be easy.

I like the Allagash Incident because they were shocked when they confirmed each other's memories about the Greys, a good report in a year full of mysterious activity - 1976.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Thanks for these pics greyer

Every little bit helps.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Hey thanks, after looking at the case I found there is a lot of artwork associated with the event because it turns out they all happened to be artists, with depictions after the hypnosis sessions. Missing time was a mysterious occurence associated with UFOs and 1,00s of people in the late 70s and that had been established. When missing time happened to Jack and Jim Weiner, their friend Chuck Rak, and Charlie Foltz, they didn't even talk about it for years. When we realize, they didn't even 'know' about it, they felt strange that the fire went down but they couldn't argue with themselves, they were just quite that night, woke up the next morning and wernt on their way. Jack and Jim Weiner were shocked when they eventually learned of each others similiar nightmares of the incident. The unanimous story they all remembered told them that they were 100% sure it had happened. Chuck Rak said he can't determine the memories as being real, that he remembers them but still not the event physically happening. We have all four passing the lie detector, then telling the same story under hypnosis in seperate rooms, and one doesn't even believe the story he is telling - if that is disinformation it's the best I've ever heard. To think of the UFO claim as truthful means that we have to acknowledge the claims of every day people who saw strange things, and when we look into the claims of witnessing UFOs that do very strange things and hover around cattle pastures, the discovery of missing time could very well be understood to be some type of unkown phenomena.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join