It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The creative DAYS in the Bible- 24 hours each??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

yes and that COMMON ANCESTOR WAS A WET ROCK! Deny that one, you can not as it is Darwin's theory. All life came from wet rocks Bottom line, someone doesn't understand his own theory.

as opposed to a pile of dust?

really your right it is absurd isnt it

except wet rocks is hovinds lack of understanding of anything

but youll never read or respeond to this for one simple reason you always do drive by posts

reading replies can lead to education folks dont do your pastor wont appreciate it and neither will hovind

p.s. ive read the origin of species theres no mention of wet rocks anywere in it

have you read it? no .... shame

[edit on 25/11/08 by noobfun]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

The stars and heaven was NOT made on day one and the Authorized King James Version of the Bible clearly states it. In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth.. And God said let there be Light, notice he didn't create it, because GOD IS LIGHT. the 4th day God placed the Sun, Moon and Stars as it is written clearly. 24 hour days.

Moses didn't write the book of Genesis, he put it all together into the Pentateuch, or the first 5 books or the Law or the books of Moses but they were handed down from Adam until Moses put all of it together.

Genesis has at least 10 authors including the King of Babylon and I believe God himself wrote Chapter one because of the terms used. God is used throughout chapter one but chapter two says the LORD GOD, this is Adam's account.

They most probably wrote on clay tablets and handed them down from generation to generation, which was a long time, remember Adam lived 930 years. Then when Noah went into the Ark he took all the tablets with him, then down to Moses they went, look at the Biblical time line, Moses could have known and met Noah's sons. Recall what Jacob said to pharaoh when he met him about his age. Few and wicked are my days when compared to those of my fathers, Jacob was over 130 years old if I recall correctly but FEW were his days compared to his fathers? Well yes Adam 930, Noah over 600 so I would say 130 is young too...

This is why the Gilgamesh epic isn't written before the Bible account of the flood it was just published before the Mosaic Bible was published. Let me give you an example...

Stephen King wrote Carrie while in college but didn't publish it il many many years later, in fact he is still pulling books out of that file today. Does that mean if someone wrote something near one of his tales today that Stephen didn't write it first or does it mean Stephen left it to long in the filing cabinet...

As to your Biblical beliefs, by all means have at them but I think you're mistaken and don't make sense. The Creation was very laid out specifically, God created the spaces, then he FILLED them... The Heavens were Created on Day One, they were filled with stars and galaxies and what not on day 4.

This is my belief after over 20 years of studying and reading the Bible, and it is the only way it can be done without making other parts of the Bible wrong, which can't happen or it destroys itself as the Koran does...

As for your Generations comment, use that to decipher a NEW AUTHOR coming on board. Every time you read these are the Generation of: think a NEW AUTHOR is coming in, as I said there are 10 Authors of Genesis and most scholars agree, some actually think there are like 43 I don't see that.

These are the Generations of Noah

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

If you read Origin of Species why do you not call it what its title is? Is it the RACISM THAT DROOLS THROUGHOUT IT?

Secondly Darwin doesn't mention wet rocks but his theory as understood today is WET ROCKS 4.5 billion years ago, That is a fact. And another fact for ya, Darwin never mentions the Origin of any Species in his book titled that now did he? Let's not play semantics shall we, I can play that if you choose to but I am good at it and will lay it out for ya after I get back from the airport...

Gotta go BRB

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

groan... more wet rock logical fallacies?

sigh...

evolution didn't start with a rock. It started with an ocean filled with organic chemicals and amino acids.

and then one day, a chemical (RNA) came into being... RNA is simply a protein... however it makes copies of itself by lining up amino acids...

with nothing to stop the replication, soon the primordial soup was filled with self replicating molecules.

before too long, they had changed themselves slightly, and those with the newer changes were given a slight edge... maybe that edge was a lipid ring surrounding the chemicals... lipids are organic chemicals too...

Before you go decrying that there is no such thing as a non-life form that can self-replicate... I suggest you look at Crystals.

Did you know that some crystals can't even form unless they are "seeded" from "parent" crystals?

Perhaps in another billion years, the crystal chemical replicators will prove more effective than our current RNA/DNA based amino acid replicators.

Crystals could very well be life evolving for a second time on our planet, right under our noses... and we wouldn't know it for another billion years.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Now you need to back up the statement that OoS is racist.

Also btw, Darwinism and 'The Origin of Species' is outdated by about 150years.

...way to be current.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

If you read Origin of Species why do you not call it what its title is? Is it the RACISM THAT DROOLS THROUGHOUT IT?
shall we play compare?

you bring oirgins ill bring the bible k?

Secondly Darwin doesn't mention wet rocks but his theory as understood today is WET ROCKS 4.5 billion years ago,
no thats aboigenesis an entierly different hypothesis and still nothing to do with wet rocks

its only understood to be evolution by those who DONT understand evolution

That is a fact.
hovind fact = everyone else lie

And another fact for ya, Darwin never mentions the Origin of any Species in his book titled that now did he? Let's not play semantics shall we,
nothing to do with semantics

your trying to same passenger liner jet engines are the same as combustion engines in cars

and guess what no he doesnt say where they come from he specualates on a common ancestor but says nothing about how it cam to be alive

I can play that if you choose to but I am good at it and will lay it out for ya after I get back from the airport...Gotta go BRB
feel free got lots of coffee and smokes and i can always make time to help educate those in need

but the question is do you want to talk about actual evolution or everything else in the universe?

and bring a bucket of facts with you not just opinions

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Not that I beleive anything that I'm about to say but....

I had a religion professor in college who had pretty extreme views and I'd like to share a few of them:

1. He claimed that the creation wasn't actually 24 hour days but that "days to God, could have been millions or billions of years"

2. He also claimed that the dinosaurs were God's way of "testing our faith"

There were a few others but these were the only ones pertinent to this thread.

Always made me wonder in the back of my mind, but somehow could never get myself to accept these ideas. Just thought I would put these out there.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by atzmaz

2. He also claimed that the dinosaurs were God's way of "testing our faith"

i think its funny this was a common claim till someone pointed out that makes god a lying deciever and then it got changed to the devil did it

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by atzmaz

He claimed that the creation wasn't actually 24 hour days but that "days to God, could have been millions or billions of years"

Another common claim. The problem is that it collapses under logic. A day is meaningless and valueless to a being supposedly outside of time.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

reply to post by noobfun

Biological evolution ... is change in the properties of populations of organisms that transcend the lifetime of a single individual. The ontogeny of an individual is not considered evolution; individual organisms do not evolve. The changes in populations that are considered evolutionary are those that are inheritable via the genetic material from one generation to the next. Biological evolution may be slight or substantial; it embraces everything from slight changes in the proportion of different alleles within a population (such as those determining blood types) to the successive alterations that led from the earliest proto-organism to snails, bees, giraffes, and dandelions."

"In fact, evolution can be precisely defined as any change in the frequency of alleles within a gene pool from one generation to the next."

thats evolution in a loose nut shell now lets see what ya got to disprove it

and remeber if it doesnt fit within this deffinition its not evolution, sorry no wet rock strawmen allowed

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by atzmaz
Not that I beleive anything that I'm about to say but....

1. He claimed that the creation wasn't actually 24 hour days but that "days to God, could have been millions or billions of years"

I've heard this before... however, why make it more complicated? can't we just say that god lit the fuse to the big bang? then be done with it?

everything else just guides itself after that point, and god can sit on a cosmic beach overlooking the crab nebula sipping pina colada's listening to Kenny G for all I care after that

it would be a much easier position to defend for the religious out there... there wouldn't be much proof to the contrary one could produce...

and you could finally stop trying to debunk proven scientific facts

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun
sorry no wet rock strawmen allowed

No strawmen?

you trying to scare them away Noob? hehehe

oh wait, they still have irreducible complexity and decrees by fiat (from the bible) they can still use...

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

You three are having too much fun!!!

OT jealous!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
reply to post by nj2day

You three are having too much fun!!!

OT jealous!

come to the dark side you can be an evolutionary christian

its really amazing you can be both at the same time and its fun, we have the best cookies and cakes

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Actually... I might have to repent and denounce my ways... take a good o'l review of this religion thing...

I read this thread: Ann Coulter's Jaw Wired Shut
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There may be something to this magic man after all! :-o

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

Originally posted by noobfun
sorry no wet rock strawmen allowed

No strawmen?

you trying to scare them away Noob? hehehe

oh wait, they still have irreducible complexity and decrees by fiat (from the bible) they can still use...

its ok the other strawmen as long as they apply to evolution not everything else can still be dragged out and beaten until we set them on fire and show just how flimsy they are

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
Actually... I might have to repent and denounce my ways... take a good o'l review of this religion thing...

I read this thread: Ann Coulter's Jaw Wired Shut
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There may be something to this magic man after all! :-o

Told you OT's prayers were far (right) reaching!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Told you OT's prayers were far (right) reaching!

its official i am now going to start praying to OT and joe peschi they can both get stuff done

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

anyone notice the latest pope kind of looks like Joe Peshci?

Or maybe a relative or something?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

"You talking to me?"

"Yeah, you...you talking to me?"

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join