It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The creative DAYS in the Bible- 24 hours each??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Fourth “Day”

20 “‘Let luminaries come to be in the expanse of the heavens to make a division between the day and the night; and they must serve as signs and for seasons and for days and years. And they must serve as luminaries in the expanse of the heavens to shine upon the earth.’ And it came to be so. And God proceeded to make the two great luminaries, the greater luminary for dominating the day and the lesser luminary for dominating the night, and also the stars.”—Genesis 1:14-16; Psalm 136:7-9.

21 Previously, on the first “day,” the expression “Let light come to be” was used. The Hebrew word there used for “light” is ’ohr, meaning light in a general sense. But on the fourth “day,” the Hebrew word changes to ma·’ohr′, which means the source of the light. Rotherham, in a footnote on “Luminaries” in the Emphasised Bible, says: “In ver. 3, ’ôr [’ohr], light diffused.” Then he goes on to show that the Hebrew word ma·’ohr′ in verse 14 means something “affording light.” On the first “day” diffused light evidently penetrated the swaddling bands, but the sources of that light could not have been seen by an earthly observer because of the cloud layers still enveloping the earth. Now, on this fourth “day,” things apparently changed.

22 An atmosphere initially rich in carbon dioxide may have caused an earth-wide hot climate. But the lush growth of vegetation during the third and fourth creative periods would absorb some of this heat-retaining blanket of carbon dioxide. The vegetation, in turn, would release oxygen—a requirement for animal life.

23 Now, had there been an earthly observer, he would be able to discern the sun, moon and stars, which would “serve as signs and for seasons and for days and years.” (Genesis 1:14) The moon would indicate the passing of lunar months, and the sun the passing of solar years. The seasons that now “came to be” on this fourth “day” would no doubt have been much milder than they became later on.—Genesis 1:15; 8:20-22.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by miriam0566]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Fifth “Day”

24 “‘Let the waters swarm forth a swarm of living souls and let flying creatures fly over the earth upon the face of the expanse of the heavens.’ And God proceeded to create the great sea monsters and every living soul that moves about, which the waters swarmed forth according to their kinds, and every winged flying creature according to its kind.”—Genesis 1:20, 21.

25 It is of interest to note that the nonhuman creatures with which the waters were to swarm are called “living souls.” This term would also apply to the “flying creatures [that] fly over the earth upon the face of the expanse.” And it would also embrace the forms of sea and air life, such as the sea monsters, whose fossil remains scientists have found in recent times.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Sixth “Day”

26 “‘Let the earth put forth living souls according to their kinds, domestic animal and moving animal and wild beast of the earth according to its kind.’ And it came to be so.”—Genesis 1:24.

27 Thus on the sixth “day,” land animals characterized as wild and domestic appeared. But this final “day” was not over. One last remarkable “kind” was to come:

28 “And God went on to say: ‘Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness, and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the earth and every moving animal that is moving upon the earth.’ And God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.”—Genesis 1:26, 27.

29 Chapter 2 of Genesis apparently adds some details. However, it is not, as some have concluded, another account of creation in conflict with that of chapter 1. It just takes up at a point in the third “day,” after dry land appeared but before land plants were created, adding details that were pertinent to the arrival of humans—Adam the living soul, his garden home, Eden, and the woman Eve, his wife.—Genesis 2:5-9, 15-18, 21, 22.

30 The foregoing is presented to help us understand what Genesis says. And this quite realistic account indicates that the creative process continued throughout a period of, not just 144 hours (6 × 24), but over many millenniums of time.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

How Did Genesis Know?

31 Many find it hard to accept this creation account. They contend that it is drawn from the creation myths of ancient peoples, primarily those from ancient Babylon. However, as one recent Bible dictionary noted: “No myth has yet been found which explicitly refers to the creation of the universe” and the myths “are marked by polytheism and the struggles of deities for supremacy in marked contrast to the Heb[rew] monotheism of [Genesis] 1-2.”3 Regarding Babylonian creation legends, the trustees of the British Museum stated: “The fundamental conceptions of the Babylonian and Hebrew accounts are essentially different.”4

32 From what we have considered, the Genesis creation account emerges as a scientifically sound document. It reveals the larger categories of plants and animals, with their many varieties, reproducing only “according to their kinds.” The fossil record provides confirmation of this. In fact, it indicates that each “kind” appeared suddenly, with no true transitional forms linking it with any previous “kind,” as required by the evolution theory.

33 All the knowledge of the wise men of Egypt could not have furnished Moses, the writer of Genesis, any clue to the process of creation. The creation myths of ancient peoples bore no resemblance to what Moses wrote in Genesis. Where, then, did Moses learn all these things? Apparently from someone who was there.

34 The science of mathematical probability offers striking proof that the Genesis creation account must have come from a source with knowledge of the events. The account lists 10 major stages in this order: (1) a beginning; (2) a primitive earth in darkness and enshrouded in heavy gases and water; (3) light; (4) an expanse or atmosphere; (5) large areas of dry land; (6) land plants; (7) sun, moon and stars discernible in the expanse, and seasons beginning; (8) sea monsters and flying creatures; (9) wild and tame beasts, mammals; (10) man. Science agrees that these stages occurred in this general order. What are the chances that the writer of Genesis just guessed this order? The same as if you picked at random the numbers 1 to 10 from a box, and drew them in consecutive order. The chances of doing this on your first try are 1 in 3,628,800! So, to say the writer just happened to list the foregoing events in the right order without getting the facts from somewhere is not realistic.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
reply to post by miriam0566

The geneologies are the source for the 6-7000 year olf earth. Of course it's not going to say "6500 years ago". That would be a bit strange.

genealogies point to humankind being 6000 or so. but then humankind is not the earth

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   

"And the earth was without form, and void;and darkness was upon the face of the deep, And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the Waters".

[ First we must recognise that "the earth was without form, and void." So the Earth being without form relates to the existence of the Earth it's self and Not without creatures, as it was void. ]

Can you please explain what "The Face of The Deep" or what The Waters Are?

What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm no creationist. That just seems to be the indicator they use for an age.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

It is my understanding that the entire earth was covered with water. The face of the deep is simply the surface of the deep abyss of the water. Crosswalk.com has a Strong's concordance that will give the meaning of the original Hebrew words.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
17,280,000 is what in earth time is one day to god give or take a million if you go by the bible and use science.

It states in the bible that in the blink of an eye 100 years pass on earth then the question becomes how fast does that eye blink in correspondence to our time perception hence the give or take a million years.

We use to talk about this in church all the time. The only other viable answer using science is that when the earth was flooded, it's fact the water causes an appearance of aging at a much faster state than aging itself. But it fact it's not aging it's actual erosion used by scientists to determine age. Most the time they don't even test it, "yup 7 layers it's about 78,000 thousand years old".

We can get on the whole carbon dating kick and all the flaws in that along with argon etc. But whats the point.

Just the conclusion we came to as kids in Sunday school and still the best bet today if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

It is my understanding that the entire earth was covered with water. The face of the deep is simply the surface of the deep abyss of the water. Crosswalk.com has a Strong's concordance that will give the meaning of the original Hebrew words.

Hi darkelf,

Look, don't get me wrong, as I am trying to point out the order of things here in trying, to get other to look more closely.

I know that many people understand and have assumptions regarding this writing. But let us get rid of these preconceived ideas and read with a clear mind!

But it is Not as simple as one would see at first.

The Structure and the order is very very Important in these writings if we are going to understand what is written and Not keep trying to Match it to our understanding of the world and Universe as we think we have today!

And I say this, to all on Earth!

That is not to say, there is anything wrong with the writings,
as I am Not suggesting this at all.

But let us look at the order of things, within the writing and you may discover, that the world you live in, and the Universe may Not be what humankind, believes it to be today, in their understanding!

(What is believed today in our understanding is Not absolute but may in fact change in the near future.)
Anyway here goes:-

Verse 1.

In the beginning God Created the heaven and the earth.

[Note First the Heaven then The Earth]

Verse 2.

And the earth was without form, and void;and darkness was upon the face of the deep, And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the Waters.

[First we must recognise that "the earth was without form, that is to say the earth did Not exist as the Heaven has Not been Created Yet and void." that is to say empty having No occupants or content in the way of animals etc !!!!

[darkness was upon the face of the deep meaning that the face of the deep had nothing at all, to do with the seas or waters of earth, because the earth was at this stage without "form" Shape and void. Without Content such as Animals birds fish plants etc]

(Note that darkness was upon the face and Not in the deep.)

The face of the deep had nothing at all to do with the seas, because at this stage the Earth was without form and void, And The Heaven Had Not Been Created Nor had The Seas !!!!

So at this stage the writing is explaining something entirely different, than you can imagine!

Note the Heaven was Created First but at this stage in the Writings the Heaven hasn't been Created yet as this point.

What is being described is that which existed before the Heaven and The Earth

After this description, it goes on to describe the Creation of the Heaven and The Earth in later Verses.

But I am only pointing out these things, Not to discredit the wrings but to raise questions in peoples minds to look deeper, as I know of a different understanding, of the structure of things!

The reason for my post, is to inform others of something that I and a few others have found out and are involved in R&D of associated Technology involving Optical Interfaces with the Mind or as it is often written about in the ancient writings ..

We have found out that your experience of your world and universe, is a Holographic program within the Soul.

But in mentioning the Soul, the Soul is Not understood today in its true contents today!

The Soul is actually a body.

It is a Lattice work of Light which I show the partitioning map of this in my Avatar. It is known as "The Man Child" look closely....

You can find a less detailed form of this Geometry, in many Temples and churches all over the Earth as well as components of this system, shown in Government Buildings.

This pattern work can often be found in Mosaics and murals all over your world, in floors, Ceilings, walls, and Windows....

Start looking for these and you shall find them but very few understand what they mean...

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller

Can you please explain what "The Face of The Deep" or what The Waters Are?

What are your thoughts on this?

well scientists say that oceans developed early on. my guess is that it would be them

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf

Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm no creationist. That just seems to be the indicator they use for an age.

your lumping all creationist together. if he thinks that earth was created in 7 literal 24 hour periods, then yes he would deduce that the world it around 6000 years old.

but read my posts, the bible doesnt necessarily agree

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

your looking too deeply into "with form and void"

in verse one, earth was already created. done, finished.

for it to be with our from could simply mean that it had no landmasses. void could simply mean no life.

you picking at details that dont need to be picked at

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   

What you say about Scientist is indeed their belief.

But that is what it is, "a belief".....

But please read my last post, very, very, carefully, about "the face of the deep" and "the Waters".

The Order and Structure of written text is very very Important with regard to communication. Even though I can read I am not the worlds best writer... LOL..

An area of R&D I am involved with, uses the "Face of The Deep and The Waters as described here !

This is what existed, before the heaven and The earth were Created!

In about 16 Months time We hope to make available to the general public Technology that Involves these Components referring to the Face of The Deep !!!

[edit on 21-11-2008 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

It does Not say that at all!

Why is humankind so bent on bastardising the writings what are they terified of?

Look don't read what you want to see but instead read just what is on the pages!

You can't change Reality by lying to yourself Whatever the Truth may be just accept the Truth don't try to make it something it isn't

Most of humanity is in Denial!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

so what your saying is that god created the heavens and the earth. then the next verses backtrack?

im sorry, i dont understand what you are saying

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

so what your saying is that god created the heavens and the earth. then the next verses backtrack?

im sorry, i dont understand what you are saying

Look at the writings and read very very carefully !!!!

Look I will explain again.

Be Patient and try and understand....

Verse 1.

In the beginning God Created the heaven and the
earth.

Remark....
[Note First the Heaven then The Earth]

Verse 2.

And the earth was without form, and void;
and darkness was upon the face of the deep,
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the Waters.

Remark....
[And Now in in Verse 7. Now says the heaven
is being made and describes the formation.]

Verse 7.

And God made the firmament,
and divided the waters
which were under the firmament
from the waters
which were above the firmament;
and it was so.

Remark....
[Now the Heaven is made !!!]
[at this stage Earth was without form and void]

Verse 8.

And God called the firmament Heaven.
And the evening and the morning
were the second day.

Remark...
[but the Earth was without form and void.]

[But look at this, the evening and the morning
were the second day!

The situation here, is the Day
was between the Evening and the Morning,

Not the Morning and the Evening?

And the earth was still was without form and void.]

[So you can see that the days had nothing at all,

to do with the Earth!]

And in Verse 9.

Verse 9.

And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be

gathered together unto one place,and let dry land

appear; and it was so.

And in Verse 10.

Verse 10.

And God called the dry land Earth..........

Remark [So now the Earth appears.]

What I am trying to bring to your attention to is that what is being described here is nothing at all what we are taught today both by the church or by science!

In our R&D over the last 15 or 16 years we have found the Universe to be Holographic and is Manifested as a Holograph in the Soul called Man.

A'Dam was Not formed in the Image of God!

But Man was made in the Image of God!

A'Dam and Man are two different entities but have been mixed by unscrupulous individuals.

Look at my Avatar...

It is the description you can find in the Book of Ezekiel and in the Revelation of Jesus Christ and is referred to as The Man Child.
Nothing like a human Primate.

In saying all this it is easy to see where the writings have been bastardised through translations.

The earliest Writings were in Zionic Not Hebrew or Greek. (referring to the books of Moses)....

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
the hebrew word for sky is the same word for heaven.

i think you are getting the timetable all mixed up. verse seven is not about heaven but rather the sky. and its not even talking about the sky in general, its talking about the "expanse" or a layer of water.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566
the hebrew word for sky is the same word for heaven.

i think you are getting the timetable all mixed up. verse seven is not about heaven but rather the sky. and its not even talking about the sky in general, its talking about the "expanse" or a layer of water.

This is my point as You have written, One heaven is before the Earth and the other relates to the Sky as you have correctly said.

It is written as such in The Books of E'Noch

There is a Quote from from the books of E'Noch in the Book of Jude in your bible!

Read.

But the writings have been bastardised by the Leaders of religious doctrine, as a few words have been left out of the Quote, from the books of E'Noch in The Book of Jude in your Bible having an undesirable change in meaning.

In the Book of Jude it leaves out the word "Flesh"... Check it out and tell me then if the Bible has been corrupted or Not!

However Fortunately the Bible is a Parable and can only be understood by those, who have been from the beginning of the All.
Namely the Spirit and Not the Flesh!

The Bible is Not about the Flesh, but has been put in human terms as a witness to to the Existence of Christ, that you should seek after the knowledge and Haply (Haply means by chance) you may feel after Him and Find Him!

Read in The Acts. Ch. 17. Verse 23 onward. (Note the Scribes also used the name "man", but this is part of the corruption of the writings by the Scribes and religious leaders!

Jesus said,
"Woe unto you Scribes and Pharisees and Hypocrites!"

Jesus said,

"The Pharisees and the scribes
have taken The Keys of Knowledge
and Hidden Them.
They themselves
have NOT entered,
nor have they allowed
to enter those who wish to.

You, however,
be as wise as serpents
and as innocent as doves."

There are many many different versions of the bible, each according to the desires of the Scribes and Religious Leaders.

But Fortunately The Writings are in Parable form.

There is a Spiritual heaven and a Physical heaven Don't you bear your cross?

The All comes in pairs Left and Right Up and Down, Inner and outer Black and White Truth and Fantasy.

I challenge You to show me on thing that does Not have a pair and a third state?

Read the Christian Writing, Quoting Christ's words Only called...

"The Thunder Perfect Mind"

It is only a few Pages long....

Humankind is in acute denial of Intelligence, this is why you Die!

But as For Life, Life is eternal and Can't Die!

Life is Life and Not Death.

Jesus said... (in the Gospel of Thomas)

The Dead can Not Live, nor Can the Living Die!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

what does any of this have to do with the creation of the earth?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join