It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filmed 2 UFOS last night, here's the footage.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
reply to post by The Coward

No offense, but I did not just drop in here to say “swamp gas” then split.

alot of people do though. respect to you for not just saying it but actually offering data to try and back up what you believe it to be, regardless of wether people agree or not.

there are a number of threads where people simply call it, but do not provide an iota of data or are unable to provide a simular example etc etc.

if everybody went about it your way, and not just saying its this or that without backing it up, then i don't think anybody would mistrust the motives of certain posters.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pirateman

This is a good video. Star and Flag OP.

You have 17+ mins of hover time before that thing starts to boogie. And I mean boogie... it moves right out of sight, the shoots left at a pretty fast rate-- use that light post as a reference...

So being that it does move (can't deny it) then I guess that shoots down the tower theory...

Helicopter?- not so fast- this video actually has a helicopter which we can use as a comparison and these are clearly 2 different types of aircraft- Object in question does not have any strobing lights either---

An approaching plane? Wait what? For 17+minutes? Some approach....

This one needs a closer look for sure...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Other MD-80's,DC-9's, and small prop aircraft showing the exact same light configuration. None of which have visible Navigation Lights, Strobes, or Rotating Beacons from that angle.

My Fav....
MD-80 in fog:

The reason why the NAV lights and the Strobes are not Visible when the landing light is on, should be obvious by looking at this picture of a wingtip that was for sale on Ebay:

I added some clarification notes to the image. The Strobes point aft, and the Landing Light when its in the down position over-shines the navigation lights.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Here's the google vid link again, not sure why some are having issues.

video.google.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
ive gone over the video again, for the vast majority of the video you have the 3 points of light, that could be a plane, but im unsure.

is it possible a plane could of been circling that area rather than flying away or towards you?

there is a lot of activity towards the end, lights dancing around, red orbs jumping up from the streetlamp? and other orbs dancing around.

did you film the video out in the open? were you filming it through glass?
did you have infrared lasers pointing out objects to each other?

the single light on its own near the end is a lot more puzzling at the moment.

can you try to give us the setting and conditions you were filming in?

i ask due to the major activity of lights towards the end of the video, and because at one point where you zoom out you seem to get a lot of reflective light that makes it appear as though your filming through glass, at the point where you say "what the.....".

maybe that was on the camera lens though?

[edit on 5-11-2008 by lifeform]

[edit on 5-11-2008 by lifeform]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
You should adjust the levels in your vid to lighten it up so its not so dark and to possibly show more of the object..

virtualdub will do that.. and its a free bit of software

www.virtualdub.org...

if your video is in MPG then get this version of VD www.videohelp.com...

Just add the levels filter

Good vid BTW.. i wouldnt say it was a plane/helicopter or blimp.. it did not change position until it took off.

would be interesting to see it lightend up..

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Hi there,

I know some of this has been mentionned before but, we do need the following informations to proceed :

1-Your exact geographical coordinates (using google earth or a GPS)
2-the type of camera you used
3-the exact time & date it was filmed
4-daytime pictures of the same place
5-which floor did you film this from ? (is it a building or a house)
6-Where were you when you filmed it (on a balcony or behind a window) ?
7-azimuth and angulair height estimates
8- avg size of the three lights together (your hand measures approx 20 °)

That's for a start but I find the video interesting imo, no matter what it is.

Let us know what MUFON told you if you already got an answer from them. (which I doubt)

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Europa aka Buck

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Europa733]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I just dont understand some people.

It is clearly not a plane or a helicopter??????

Ive lived very close to an airport, where planes approach my direction facing forward, and for a start you dont usually see all 3 lights in a row, and when you do the lights have an equal space inbetween them, the OP's video clearly shows the middle light is not in the middle, not only that, it would not appear to be in the same place for 20+ mins!!!!!..... planes come in to land literally one after the other, they dont 'sit in the sky' motionless before quickly vanishing??

Jeez, im all for debunking a video and filtering through the hoaxes etc, but the OP has given you 20+mins of footage, he kept his hand steady, he gave you a background and landmarks and he continued filming until the UFO left....

Anyway OP, great video, thanks for sharing it!

[edit on 5-11-2008 by cosmicstorm]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I didn't try to get any because i wanted to get it moving.. and that's exactly what happened. If i would have driven closer to the object, i wouldn't have gotten it flying away, because i would have missed it.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I have no issues with the google video link and i've viewed it on multiple computers. I'll tell you exactly why I didn't get in my car and drive closer: because i didnt want to miss the chance of it flying away. If i would have gotten in my car i would have gotten maybe 5 minutes of footage and then people would be saying 'why didn't you film it longer'

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The video link is still posted in the OP.

Here it is:

video.google.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Where was this in las olas? I actually have a clear line of sight view of the beach to ft lauderdale darn it i missed this !!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Where was this in las olas? I actually have a clear line of sight view of the beach to ft lauderdale darn it i missed this !!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
i live about ~20 miles north of Las Olas Blvd.. Mcnab and US-1.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

north broward.. no way I could have seen this.. sucks.. Theres allot activity towards the beach.. good find star and flag

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Hmmm, there seems to be a lot of activity in Ft. Lauderdale this fall. The International Boat Show last week and now the Galactic UFO Show!

Seriously, how close are to to the airport or AFB? I'd say not an airplane, at least not a commercial airliner. Maybe military?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Awesome that you got it on video.

The more people seeing and recording the presence of these flying mysteries, the better and hopefully sooner we get some answers.

Is there an increase in UFO activity the last few years or is it that we have the technology to show others now? Because is seems to me that way more people have seen UFO's recently than say 15 years ago.

Also the stigma that used to brand people who reported seeing UFO's is no longer there. There are still skeptics, but I think it alot more accepted now to talk about seeing UFO's because so many people have witnessed it themselves.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Have seen it and i have to say it is some great footage!!
I find it very hard to believe its a plane, i have never seen a plane with a green center light nor one with such a wingspan hovering and doing weird stuff.....
Coolest part by far was the 'flare' part!! If that was a flare someone has a great chance at monopolizing the fireworks industry!

Star + flag!

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Sfen Senterra]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I was just watching the video and was 1 minute to the end and then it stopped. I tried to open it again and google videos says it is currently unavailable. I tried again to open the video in a new window, but had the same 'sorry not available' comment.

Wonder why it's no longer available?

Aelf

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join