It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filmed 2 UFOS last night, here's the footage.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform
plane lights flash. that is why in your picture one light on one wing is brighter than the other.

one light is at maximum brightness whilst the other has weakened or is just starting to brighten up again.

The only lights that flash on an aircraft are the rotating beacon lights, and strobes. On most aircraft the strobes are visible when you view the aircraft from somewhere behind it, not head-on. The beacon is normally behind the front nose wheel headlight and is not visible from a head-on view when that light is on. Aircraft with a visible rotating beacon are either in mid flight and high above you, or its a tail beacon such as on some small prop aircraft or helicopters.

Pilots are able to turn off the Strobes, and I am not sure what the rule is on their use. Rotating beacons are normally active anytime the engine is running, as they are a warning to ramp crew that there is an active engine on the aircraft.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by The Coward

absolutly agree.

i have noticed the same with other video's, all it takes is somebody to say it is this or that, then all the data is taken to fit that scenerio and the rest left over data is thrown away because it dos'nt fit.

then the excuse is it is a more reasonable explaination.

not that i'm refering to this video but i have noticed what you mention myself.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform

absolutly agree.

i have noticed the same with other video's, all it takes is somebody to say it is this or that, then all the data is taken to fit that scenerio and the rest left over data is thrown away because it dos'nt fit.

then the excuse is it is a more reasonable explaination.

not that i'm refering to this video but i have noticed what you mention myself.

Well, feel free to do a complete analysis on ANY video or picture presented to us all, and give us your evidence that it is not something identifiable. Fair game here, as far as Im concerned.

I for one am looking forward to it

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

thanks for the info, although im not convinced it is a plane(i have seen lots of them at night and have always been able to identify them as a plane, and have never seen a plane that did'nt have hazard lights on).

i'm not discounting a plane, but i'm not convinced yet.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It's already gone to MUFON and others.

Here is my logic about the first object on my tape:

It's not a helicopter because
a. it has no blinking lights
b. it is motionless for AT LEAST 17 minutes (i know its over 30)
(show me a video of a helicopter that doesn't move)

It's not an airplane because
a. If it was flying towards me and i was looking at 3 lights head on it would have passed over me (east to west)
b. It moves north to south abruptly out of view

[edit on 4-11-2008 by pirateman]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

So are you saying the only acceptable response is: "Wow, Alien spacecraft"?

Maybe if it is "debunked", it is justified! Maybe it is an identifiable object. Maybe it is not. But let people do their thing and let people come to their own conclusions!

The problem is not that it gets "Debunked" It’s who does the debunking. For all I know you might work for a secret government agency who comes over to ATS to debunk everything and then say it is justified.

My views on this is, if you really want to know what the video is, bring it to a professional and not to a conspiracy site which anyone can pick up a user name, hide their identity, and simply debunk your videos.

Do it like in the old days, hey you have real good proof, then bring it to the experts.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by The Coward]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Coward

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

So are you saying the only acceptable response is: "Wow, Alien spacecraft"?

Maybe if it is "debunked", it is justified! Maybe it is an identifiable object. Maybe it is not. But let people do their thing and let people come to their own conclusions!

The problem is not that it gets "Debunked" It’s who does the debunking. For all I know you might work for the a secret government agency who comes over to ATS to debunk everything and then say it is justified.

My views on this is, if you really want to know what the video is, bring it to a professional, not to a conspiracy site which anyone can pick up a user name, hide their identity and simply debunk your videos.

Do it like in the old days, hey you have real good proof, then bring it to the experts.

You must not read these threads much, because the analysis done here by many individuals is 2nd to none. The amount of time and effort put into figuring out what the heck something is, is exceptional. And most of these people leave it up to the rest of us to figure out what WE think it is.

In fact, THIS would be the FIRST place I ever come to, to have analysis done. Because I know the people here who do it, have genuine interest in finding TRUTH and not just making some claim to fit a popular belief.

Just my.02. Take it or leave it

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

you cannot force people to see what they don't want to see.
you cannot force people to consider all the information.
nor would i try.

all i can do is explain why i don't think something is correct. i cannot make people see why, they are incontrol of that, not me.

trying to convince people or prove things to people is a waste of time.
i agree with the other poster, take it to professionals.

that way you avoid the denial or fear of being wrong aspects in the debates.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

"Now, get ready because by page three (if it gets that far) both objects will be DEBUNKED. I promise you that this will happen no matter what."

"Dude, I am serious, it will be debunked by page three"

THIS is why I LOVE ATS

We need skeptics.... They're the YIN to my YAN. skeptics keep it fair and balanced.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Good for you. So you tell me that it is ok if the videos get debunked every time here at ATS by people I don't know, can’t see, don't know where they write from and that’s ok. So I can trust your word on it? Who are you anyway; may I know your last name and phone number at least? Yeah right buddy. And by the way friend, I have been a member since 2006 and before that 2004 as a lurker. I know ATS real well, too well. So don't tell me how things go down here because I could tell you a thing or two.

And again if anyone has real good proof of any kind I suggest personally that they take it to a professional first. Eventually it will get here to ATS where it will be debunked anyway, but by then you will know if it is the real deal.
Just my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

THIS is why I LOVE ATS

We need skeptics.... They're the YIN to my YAN. skeptics keep it fair and balanced.

Yeah, skeptics are good; debunkers who do it with a secret agenda are bad. Bring more skeptics and fewer debunkers.

You should know the difference by now friend!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It's a UFO standoff...The good guys vs the bad guys.

Great video and worthy of investigation. I would suggest you call the guy who got the radar reports in Stephenville sighting. Better be quick before they try to hide it.

Excellent film and star/flag for you.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I have to admit after watching more of your video that it does look like two red and one white flare. I don't know if that is due to the atmospheric twinkle effect or maybe someone is trying to debunk the other triangle sightings by suspending under balloons.

That being said, I will wait for more of the investigation to come forward before totally chalking it down to flares or lanterns being flown by a debunker.

It can be tracked since you had the presence of mind to pull back from time to time.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

nah, keep watching, flares don't move side to side rapidly.

also if anyone wants it, i compressed it to a 300mb quicktime file
(down from 5 gigs)
if anyone has a FTP i could upload it to them.

the video i have is also not as dark as on google video

[edit on 4-11-2008 by pirateman]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirateman
reply to post by TH3ON3

nah, keep watching, flares don't move side to side rapidly.

I also want to commend you for being OPEN to what people say and not being defensive when someone might respond with something you may not agree with.

Not only are steady hands important
....but attitude and openess is too when presenting material such as this.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

No offense, but I did not just drop in here to say “swamp gas” then split. I have provided a picture, and reasoning why things are the way they are when viewing aircraft. I am absolutely convinced that 99% of triangle UFOs are misidentified aircraft, and have yet to be shown anything to prove to me otherwise.

You want to see a REALLY SPOOKY and CONVINCING UFO?
Try a MD-80 coming though a low ceiling with its wing lights on but still retracted...
Looks something like this:

You think that if someone saw that and did not know what it is it would be misidentified as well?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The light in the video resemble what i saw last night. as my dad say i have seen many military and civilian aircraft. I have been to many military and civilian airshows. the lights i saw where moving very slowly then turned at a 45 degree angle and took off at a great speed instantly then i lost sight of it in the clouds. I am a skydiver and have been in many different planes and i understand basic flight of aircrafts. the object i saw was moving unlike any plane i have seen.

Erik

[edit on 4-11-2008 by xaos84]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
If they are on a tether they could. Just attach to a vehicle and slowly drive. We have to face facts, there are people that want to disprove the UFO phenomenon and will do anything to attain that goal. Just getting you ready as someone who has seen numerous real UFOs this one will be debunked by the ATS naysayers.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Good for you. So you tell me that it is ok if the videos get debunked every time here at ATS by people I don't know, can’t see, don't know where they write from and that’s ok. So I can trust your word on it? Who are you anyway; may I know your last name and phone number at least? Yeah right buddy. And by the way friend, I have been a member since 2006 and before that 2004 as a lurker. I know ATS real well, too well. So don't tell me how things go down here because I could tell you a thing or two.

And again if anyone has real good proof of any kind I suggest personally that they take it to a professional first. Eventually it will get here to ATS where it will be debunked anyway, but by then you will know if it is the real deal.
Just my 2 cents.

Just like in life.....words are something that you take with a grain of salt. But action and evidence is what really counts and the work that analysts do here can 99% of the time (IMO) hold their own weight. It is up to you on how you interpret their work. They never force anyone to believe a certain way.

Also, the analysis done by MUFON or some "other ufo group" in which you send an email to, is not going to be much different then what is done here IMO (based on the work I see done). But if their analysis can be shown to be different, then all of us will welcome that analysis!! After all...aren't we ALL after TRUTH?

[edit on 11/4/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
wheres the link to the video ... google link not working

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join