It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Filmed 2 UFOS last night, here's the footage.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebagel

videolink of OP is working... get your facts straight before posting like you know it all.

This guy (OP) has made great footage.. 20 min video! incredible
and with a good cam and not so shaky

he even compressed the movie to 300 mb, but he doesnnt have that space.. me neither

This is a good post, and it's obvious it's not a plane because the 3 lights are not symmetrical..

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The first thing that i wanna comment is about the possibility of being a plane...come on people....i mean come on...if that was a plane (the hovering one) it sure took its time didn't it?Except...!!I say,except if the driver stopped in mid air to take a leak....
(and he was a camel btw)

A helicopter?I don't know,it's just doesn't seem to me to be one but even if it was,can someone think of a logical explaination on why it was hovering for so long?I don't know,i don't think that was a helicopter. (and maybe i'm wrong but i didn't notice on it any blinkering lights which you'd think that a helicopter would have)

To pirateman:The video being lengthy is a good thing,you really gave us something here.Most of people are tired from a-few-seconds videos.
Other than that,i too thought at first that it might be some kind of a tower.Well,we all saw it isn't so you don't really need to post any pics about that.
I think you got a UFO there mister,how does it feel?
Nice video!
(S&F)

The only bad thing is that i didn't enjoy it as much as i would otherwise since The Coward obviously came in this thread looking for an argument...

The problem is not that it gets "Debunked" It’s who does the debunking. For all I know you might work for a secret government agency who comes over to ATS to debunk everything and then say it is justified.

And for all i know you might work for a secret government agency who comes over to ATS to push an "alien/UFO/whatever" agenda to cover up secret advanced technology.
See how easy it can be?

I have been a member since 2006 and before that 2004 as a lurker.

You know,being for a long time in your job can mean something,doing for a long time something worth-mentioning (again in real life) can also mean something but in the internet doesn't mean anything.

Btw,here's your first post in this thread:

Cool thanks for sharing. I have no idea what it might be, but it is certainly a UFO. Now, get ready because by page three (if it gets that far) both objects will be DEBUNKED. I promise you that this will happen no matter what. So if you have a feeling that it is something real (Alien Space ship) Take it immediately to MUFON or any Other UFO professional group. Do not let the people here trash it for debunking sake. Dude, I am serious, it will be debunked by page three and you will lose all interest in this video unless you send it to a professional. Just my 2 cents.

One-liner for the OP and the rest to heat things up?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Looks like an airliner on a long approach to me.

I probably live about as close to PBI, as you are to Ft Lauderdale Airport, and I see this exact thing all the time.

As to why the lights are not symetrical.....Well the plane is not heading exactly toward the camera, and its in a slight bank.

It does move throughout the entire video. If you notice, it gets lower, and moves to the right slightly, before, hooking in, and makeing final approach from right to left, this is where we get hardly any clear footage as the camera is being "passed around", at this exact moment. Shame.

But you can see the lighs clearly get brighter, and lower (compare to rooftops on zoomouts, espeicially, from 15-17 min, compare to how mch higher it was to the rooftops on lower right at beginning of film.)

A larger passenger plane can take easily 15-20, from coming underneath clouds, to the time it makes its final approach(forget it if its a clear night). Also, as they do make thier final bank and landing shot, they will appear to turn and move off to left or right very quickly.

Conclusion: plane was flying from West to East (maybe a flight from Texas to Lauderdale, or from Lax to FtL?), then turn South to make a landing. The alignnment of the lights, and the slight bank also support this type of approach/landing.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The flashing red light is similar to FAA compliant strobes...IMO

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I disagree with it being a plane for these reasons:

a. The lack of flicker, blinking or movement for 17+ minutes
b. The object did not get closer to me before it banked NORTH/SOUTH
c. Was the pilot drunk? maybe he forgot where the airport was, why would he go north then immediately south, and how did he turn his plane around in ~10 seconds?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pirateman

Geat job on capturing this footage and thank you for sharing it with us here

firstly i don't thinks it's a plane or jet, i could be wrong but it doesn't look like a familiar or regular approach scenario. i live in west central floriduh and i am right in the path of many planes approaching from the north west and i see these every single night constantly. it does not look like any i have seen before is all i can say about it.

usually the three light scenario that i see with these approaching flights changes after a few minutes and you can immedietly tell it's a jet but this does not seem to be the case in this video. these lights in the video do not have the tell tale signs that i am used to seeing and of course that doesn't mean it's not a jet but once again , it doesnt look like a jet imo.

also the light towards the end of the video changes and becomes only one light wich i thought was strange. i would like to know exactly where this was filmed and where you facing west as mentioned in the video ?

also would like to know where the airport is that this supposed jet would be landing and is this a common flight path ?

i don't understand why people are saying the video is no longer available , as i have had no problems with it.

you mentioned that you have a better or lighter version of this video on Quicktime and i want to know is there anyway for you to create a link to that ?

here is a crop of the google vid and i never seen a jet that looks like this

[edit on 5-11-2008 by easynow]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Can the OP take some high quality screen captures of the best frames from the original video so that they can be enhanced in imaging software. Maybe get a better view of the object. The video is nice but it would be great to look at some stills from an uncompressed version of the video. Especially if the original is lighter.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Anybody have the video?

Google is either having issues or the video is down.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Ok here are a couple images... not sure if i can link to imageshack.. lets see..

This is my location and direction of filming

This is the exact location i was filming from for most of the event.

Ok imageshack doesn't like ATS or ATS doesn't like imageshack.. they should work if you click on the broken image.

at the end of the video i run up on the balcony (2nd level) to film the 'flare' UFO

I was never filming through glass, i don't know what the light artifacts are from from the street lamps.

I am going to edit the footage down tonight and lighten it up and upload another to google video.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by pirateman]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

thanks for the images

ok i see you posted the map area, thanks

looking forward to seeing the other version of the footage.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by easynow]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I agree easynow, I live under a flight path and have watched jets approach for years and the object in the video does not act the same or look the same. From the time planes become visible on approach it only takes a few minutes for them to pass over from my experience watching. I have to say great catch OP
Similar object to many recent sightings like the one on UFO Hunters season premier!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I do live between 3 different airports.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Interesting footage many thanks for sharing....I don't know alot about flight paths etc..so cannot comment,I quite often see aircraft in the skies when I am in the fields with my horses,I have also witnessed similar types of aircraft but just assumed they were that and not UFO's..I probably wouldn't see one for looking me

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
While I usually don't get too excited about "lights in the dark sky" this is a really good piece of video. Although I can't rule out a plane on approach (nobody can who wasn't there) I have to agree that is one of the longest approaches I've seen and if what "pirateman" says is correct about the direction the airport is in it just doesn't make any sense.

I do have to agree that it appears to be moving very, very slowly down and to the right. If you look at where it is in relation to the buildings on the street at the beginning and where it is at the (approximately) 16 minute mark it does appear to be lower and to the right relative to the buildings.

I sure as heck can't say it's a plane on approach with any certainty and believe this is worthy of having one of our imaging experts analyze it fully.

If you (pirateman) can copy the RAW (un compressed) data onto a DVD and email me I'll make arrangements to have David Biedny and Jeff Ritzmann (Google Biedny) have a look at this.

Thanks for bringing it here and if we can help we will.

Springer...

[edit on 11-5-2008 by Springer]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Great vid you captured, Its strange to see it hanging out there, It looks like its triangular, but that’s difficult to see in the dark. It always amaze me why they always seem to appear at night?

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I live in the flight path to Ohare Airport, Chicago. I see planes on
clear nights for 15 minutes before they land. The lights always
flicker and there is always at least some movement that gradually
becomes more pronounced as the plane gets nearer to landing.
All three landing lights are always the same color too.

IMO, the object in this video is not an airplane, helicopter,
or any other readily recognizable human flight machine.

-cwm

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Thank you. That eliminates a lot. I have no idea what you shot. I can't see an airplane appearing to not move for that long. In my first post I was hurried and it did not click where you are. I imagine your skies are full of planes all the time.

You mention that the original is not as dark. Do you have a good graphics program so you can see if there is a shape there that can be brought out? One good way is to convert frames to a format the Camera Raw will accept in Photoshop CS 3 or 4. That gives you extra control over more levels in the image.

If you find an FTP let us know.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hi there fantastic footage. I do a lot of sky watching and live near an airport in the uk and this does not look like a plane. I've seen alot of strange lights myself and have been lucky enough to have 3 actual spacecraft flyover. they were white initially and then became a glowing rusty orange. What I find significant is there are three of them. This is a number that seems to crop up in many sightings.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

If you get the original will you make the original quality version available to the rest of us? Uncompressed.

[edit on 11/5/2008 by Blaine91555]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join