It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the winner is: Obama/Biden (2008 ATS Presidential Poll)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
WOW 2 third parties , Libs and Constitionals taking over 5%, I hope that's the way it goes in the real election that means they will get federal funding and eligibility next election that would really make the next election interesting.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stockburn
It's official. I must now leave ATS. Anyone who votes (or will) for Obama has not read up on Ayers, Rezko or best of all Wright.

Seems how most of the people who voted in this poll have been a part of, or read, the many discussions ATS has already had on those matters, this is a moot point.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I didn't bother to read the entire thread as the poll says it all. Just wanted to make certain people know where my vote went.

But I do beg to differ on your moot point. Ever stood on a side walk and held up pictures of the candidates to people on a street corner? I have. You might find it funny, most people can identify Obama and McCain and even Palin. Do you think they could identify who Biden is? Nope. Try it for yourself. You will be shocked. Goes to show you how the MSM is so slanted it may have won the sheeple. Try it just oustide of a university. I dare you. There is a good reason young people shouldn't vote.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
That is NOT good news for the dems. Calm down and think about this for a second. If a place as far out there as ATS got almost 7K votes for the GOP I think your national polls of regular folks are full of crap. If that is the case they owe the DNC a huge review. Something is wrong here. This board is heavy to the left.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Something is wrong here. This board is heavy to the left.

This board is made entirely of willing people from all across the Globe. This site will lean however we tell it to lean. If you feel it is wrong then go out the same door you came in

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stockburn

But I do beg to differ on your moot point. Ever stood on a side walk and held up pictures of the candidates to people on a street corner? I have. You might find it funny, most people can identify Obama and McCain and even Palin. Do you think they could identify who Biden is? Nope. Try it for yourself. You will be shocked. Goes to show you how the MSM is so slanted it may have won the sheeple.

That's not the point. We are talking about ATS members.

Most ATS members have read about Obama and his "palin around with terrorists". You said they wouldn't vote for Obama if they were read on his alleged 'questionable associations'. In fact, ATS as a community is read on them, and the poll still reflects a majority vote for Obama.

There is a good reason young people shouldn't vote.

I am sure there is

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Going by what i have seen posted across the net (the smear campaigns and all) coupled with the responses i have read in this thread, i would be rather shocked if there werent riots in america in the near future. It appears that people become far too emotional, which clouds the mind imo and this is how politics works i believe, go for peoples emotions rather than their intellect (or just confuse the hell out of them).

I for one am fed up with the whole political game, the smear campaigns are just beyond sickening, most (if not all) policies never come to fruition and the average joe continues to be jerked around. I havent trusted any politicians for quite a number of years now, bunch of good for nothing hypocritical liars as far as im concerned, give or take a select few.

The day the politicians and government as a whole begin to be honest and upfront about their true intentions will be a day of blessing. Roll on the age of reason, honesty and good will to all.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I have learned on this thread who all of the closed minded people that will vote a straight ticket, even if all of the candidates are mutant inbred hucksters who only represent the corporations whose lobbyist has the largest expense account and the kinkiest male and female whores..... I have also found that there are amongst us, those that are free thinkers that have the country's best interest as motivation to study all of the issues that we are now faced with, and are shifting their loyalty away from their party and becoming loyal citizens of The United States.... Some of these freethinker are independents that would like to see an end to the two party system, that through the influence of corporate owned media outlets has directed the manipulation of the truth and issues, dividing the country..... We are no longer The United States we are the Divided States and destined to fall. The United States isn't even called by its name.... It is now called America. I didn't join the American Marine Corps. I joined the U.S.Marine Corps......Others joined, The U.S. Air Force. The U.S. Navy. The U.S. Army. The U.S. Coast Guard.... We are not the United States. We need to choose our own leaders and choose from people that will answer to us and not the Federal Reserve and the international moneyed elitist that set the system up.... They are messing with our heads big time, and we need to take charge of our country. We need to examine what has divided us and fix it or exercise our rights to revolt.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

So which 3rd party did you vote for in this poll?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Someone, somewhere, said that people tend to vote the polar opposite on election day from the guy who last was in, to try and undo the follies of the current admin.
Well, that's exactly whats happening here. The Republicans had a "go with the gut" emotional guy in power who screwed things up so bad that there was almost nobody left in the country who didn't see it.
That's why the Democrat's calm intellectual candidate seems like such a good choice to so many this time around. He is for the most part deliberate, thoughtful and unflappable -- a seemingly good antidote for the current guy who came across as a bumbling idiot so much of the time and who caused so much hurt, pain and damage along the way.
For Americans its reactionary. For ATSers from the rest of the world its just a well thought out decision based on the facts.
(No, I didn't vote for him. Mine was a third party candidate.)

Good luck in your real election.!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Thank Goodness this isn't the real election. We'll no how America voted tommorow not the world.

Good Luck Everyone.

[edit on 11/3/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I don't think the other parties (besides republican and democrat) get a fair chance. They can't win. They need more support and funding just like the main two parties have.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Woops, wrong thread. I cant wait to see how us actual Americans vote on the election tomorrow!

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
The poll is completely useless. As has been said, its got a ton of non-American votes.

If this poll was to see how "America" would vote, then yes. it would be messed up. But that was not the purpose of the poll! The purpose of the poll was to see how ATS MEMBERS would vote.

And, since ATS MEMBERS are all over the world, the participants in this poll are from ALL OVER THE WORLD and it doesn't MATTER what country they're from, because it was a WORLD vote! See how that works?

By the way, like it or not, the US is not detached and inconsequential in this world. We are a part of a larger whole. Who we select to lead our country sends a big message to the world as regards where we are planning to go. The world is watching us. All eyes are on us during this election.

I know... you don't care about what the world thinks. But fortunately, there are plenty who understand that the US is one nation among many and they do care.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Its purposely misleading man, common. Where does it say anywhere that , "This is not a vote of Americans, but the world". Its the exact reason other sites have been breaking it down by country.

I know... you don't care about what the world thinks. But fortunately, there are plenty who understand that the US is one nation among many and they do care.

Yeah ok, let me know when some other country gives a damn who you want as their leader...

The fact is, we have to live with the leader. We vote based on what that president can do for us (Americans), just like every other country on the planet that can vote. It doesn't matter what the world thinks. Only Americans can vote and its Americans that have to live with the choice.

Forgive me, I'm a veteran who takes their vote and nation very seriously. This idea that we should do what people around the world wants us to do is ludicrous.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
Where does it say anywhere that , "This is not a vote of Americans, but the world".

It's an AboveTopSecret vote. It's for the members of the site. Did you think we were all living in the US?

Don't make the mistake of thinking that this ATS election is going to reflect in the US. If you do, that's your mistake.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I read diagonally through the posts. Just my two cents but I think tomorrow will see Mr McCain as the winner. Undecided voters will turn the tide for him because the average Joe will not hand the noose to the guy who most likely will take revenge for all that happened to his people in the past. Just a hunch, of course.

This may be a racist thing to say but among all the different nationalities I met during my lifetime, I never met anyone who surpassed Africans' paranoid hatred of all things white. There are of course many good reasons for this but as a result, communications between whites and non-whites are severely hampered both ways. This in not reflected in the polls.

If I could cause the best man to win Ron Paul would get the ticket.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Its so easy to point out that fact though. Why omit not only that fact, but showing where the votes came from?

Why cant you get it through your head that it doesn't matter what the world voted? It matters what AMERICANS voted for. Why is that concept so hard for you to grasp? Nobody here is interested how the candidates did in American votes?

Could it be that if they did break it down by country, McCain wins? That seems to be the case on all the other big sites that deal with politics. Live Leak being the biggest next to ATS.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1
I voted more than once on the same IP, without having to refresh my IP, delete any cookies or anything. Why was I able to do this? I'm on firefox, could that be the reason?

I voted for Baldwin twice, so if a mod or whoever could look that up and prove it, that would be great.

Other than that, I think that guests came in a voted more than actual members did.

-Lahara

I also use Firefox and I tried to vote twice just to see if it could be done.
The site would not accept any votes after the first.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
If I am not mistaken, this tally represents how the "world" would vote were they to have a chance to do so in this election.
ATS members and visitors are not just from the U.S. and everyone had a chance to cast their vote.
In that light, its not a surprising result at all!

Oh phew! Excellent point. That is a shimmer of hope and comfort. Didn't think of it that way. Between your and SO's post HERE, my legs kind of got chopped off with what I was about to say. And that was, I'm surprised to see such a high percentage in favor of Obama (bigger brother, bigger government) on a site like this that seems to have a membership in support of the people and smaller government.

But ok. So world-wide results, guests being allowed to vote, and conspiracy theorists being against the current side... that makes more sense.

I voted for one of a third party candidates so it was nice to see them pull in big numbers (all things considered).

[edit on 11/3/2008 by AshleyD]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join