It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the winner is: Obama/Biden (2008 ATS Presidential Poll)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1
Guess nobody saw my post about how I was able to vote multiple times?

Or could it be that all you Obama lovers are not talking about it so nobody will be able to see that it could be rigged.

And you think that only Obama supporters are capable of voting more than once?

[edit on 2-11-2008 by intrepid]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

And you think they aren't able to vote more than once?
i know it works both ways, but I can probably guarantee you that they flooded the poll with Obama votes once they found out that they were able to vote more than once, also considering the venomous way these Obama supporters post and the fact that YOU mods allow a lot of bias towards Obama it does not surprise me that such a thing would be done.

And one more thing, this is a pretty far stretch, but I have a feeling that maybe, just maybe, all the Obama supporters got a message in there u2u's that they could vote multiple times, but don't tell anyone about it. Yeah, it's an "out their" theory, but this is a conspiracy website, so I feel it fits.

-Lahara

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

Jeez, paranoia is a dangerous thing man. Lighten up. Nothing untoward happened.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

And how can you assure this?

And why can you make a one line post and not the rest of us?

-Lahara

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Without really reading all of the previous posts on this particular thread, I feel that this "vote" shows just one thing...

That ATS members are quite happy to whine and complain about Obama/McCain, being as bad as one another, but when the votes are available, they don't bother to vote for one of the other candidates!!!

How very intelligent.

So much for denying ignorance.

Shame really, because I would have thought that with all the bitching and back-biting going on about McCain and Obama, people would have said screw these two, and vote for someone that might actually make a difference... pity really, but I suppose sheeple never learn do they?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

And how can you assure this?

I can't. You wouldn't believe me. You have to see a conspiracy here.

And why can you make a one line post and not the rest of us?

-Lahara

1 line posts that add nothing to the thread are not allowed.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN

On Sunday, Aaron Klein and John Batchelor interviewed Ahmed Yousef, chief political adviser to the Prime Minister of Hamas, on WABC radio. The interview produced a scoop which, for some reason, has not been widely publicized: Hamas has endorsed Barack Obama for President.

www.powerlineblog.com...

And who wants Obama?

I am ashamed of the voting turn out.....

This is ludicrous!!!!!

ARE YOU PEOPLE MAD?!!!

Ok, so Mid-Easterners like Obama...

But the KKK vote McCain...

Stop using these endorsements as excuses, it gets old..

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
God, election time on ATS is the epitome of hilarity. I love it.

Thanks for running this informal poll, muckity-muck-types! Quite an interesting breakdown we have here, and quite the expected backlash at the results.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Sheesh random, don't blow a gasket.
If this upsets you so much how in the world are you going to cope on tuesday.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

It's called a bit of fun.

Grow up and get over it.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Oh don't worry, no gaskets are being blown, I'm not upset in the least bit, I'm just trying to prove a point that was ignored earlier.

I liked the idea of an election, but I'm also wondering if there may have been a McCain and Obama team that came in as guests to vote for there guy, I think that's why the two parties got so many votes, I remember the Site Owner talking about how there were a lot of republican teams or something posting stuff on the politics section.

I'm thinking that there are both R's and D's that have teams, they both spam this site and I believe they are the reason why the polls went the way they did, but I think there could be an inside man doing it.

Who knows, it's not like anything will ever change, this site is sorta like america, You can't really have real freedom of speech, plus the mods change things they don't like and mute people who they don't want speaking simply because they don't agree with them. The few controlling the majority.

Don't get me wrong, not all mods are bad, and I'm not really bashing them, just about every forum is that way, I really do like ATS and it's a prime news source for me, so I'm glad this site is here.

The poll was fun up until I found out you could vote more than once though

-Lahara

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

So what your saying is the Reps and the Dems are really really good at voter fraud (looking at the recent Republican convictions, and the recent ACORN incidents.. )

And that the reason third parties might be so far behind is because we suck at fraud!

..So what we REALLY need to do is learn how to cheat...

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

reply to post by schrodingers dog

... plus the mods change things they don't like and mute people who they don't want speaking simply because they don't agree with them. The few controlling the majority.

People keep saying that but I have yet to see any evidence of this.

The poll was fun up until I found out you could vote more than once though

Really? I inadvertently hit the voting link a couple of times and I got a pop up saying I had already voted. I guess someone could come back under the guise of a different proxy, but to what end? Why would this mock/fun election make anyone but for a couple of people who take this and everything else too seriously do that?

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

yeah this was just for fun, but its pretty obvious the majority on ATS have no clue why they vote the way they do, same for the rest of america around election time. after all george w. was not only elected, but re-elected.

i have a feeling the 4th is gonna suck.

it kills me when someone says, yay, i hope for the same results on the 4th.

alright i vented a little, thats better.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I was just looking at the predictions by a bunch of pundits liberal and conservative and of the 15 polled only one was saying that McCain would win.

A SAMPLING:

Mark Halperin
Winner: Obama
Electoral College: Obama 349 McCain 189
Senate Seats: 58 Democrats 40 Republicans
House Seats: 261 Democrats 174 Republicans

Matthew Dowd
Electoral College: Obama 338 McCain 200
Senate Seats: 57 Democrats 41 Republicans
House Seats: 250 Democrats 185 Republicans

George Will
Electoral College: Obama 378 McCain 160
Senate Seats: 57 Democrats 41 Republicans
House Seats: 254 Democrats 181 Republicans

Donna Brazile
Electoral College: Obama 343
Senate Seats: 59 Democrats 39 Republicans
House Seats: 262 Democrats 173 Republicans

George Stephanopoulos
Electoral College: Obama 353 McCain 185
Senate Seats: 58 Democrats (59 if there's a run-off in Georgia) Republicans 40
House Seats: Democrats 264 Republicans 171
ETC...

AND:

Fred Barnes
Winner: McCain
Electoral College: Obama 252 McCain 286
Senate Seats: 55 Democrats 43 Republicans
House Seats: 255 Democrats 180 Republicans

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Almost all of those give Obama basically a landslide.

The next 72 hours will be a nail biter that's for sure.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by grover]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

This was a vote on a website that has no real meaning to the actual election. Obama won....big surprise and big deal. And, yes, you could vote more than once as long as you were voting from a different IP address. So what??

People need to calm down and get their panties out of a wad. This was for fun...a random sampling of opinions from the US and from around the world, for ATS is a world-wide site, not relegated to the US.

If it is this bad here on ATS, I hate to see what it is going to be like on Tuesday night and Wednesday when the actual real results for the real election come in.

[edit on 11/2/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
ohh I didn't vote in this poll, but I would've voted for Obama/Biden.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I voted more than once on the same IP, without having to refresh my IP, delete any cookies or anything. Why was I able to do this? I'm on firefox, could that be the reason?

I voted for Baldwin twice, so if a mod or whoever could look that up and prove it, that would be great.

Other than that, I think that guests came in a voted more than actual members did.

-Lahara

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

It's an online poll. There's not that many people that would go to any length to get on different computers / change IPs to vote for a candidiate more than one time.

Seriously, I'm sure everyone took into count that this is a mock poll.. therefore, they care less (Well at least not enough to cheat the system)

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatDGgirl
Ummmm SO.............The box says Obama 42% and you say 63%

Am I missing something??? Or has the MSM got your brain? Or do you secretly work for Diebold?

Sorry, couldn't resist! Please explain. I suck at math.

I believe that 63 is the score once third party candidates are taken out of the counts. which is only fair if one attempts to use these numbers to "predict" what the general population would do.

But as the op said, the ATS membership is very unique in the fact that it has a substantial support for third party candidates. It therefore stands to reason that ATS poll results are only somewhat but not quite representative of what the general population would do.

Remember that a lot of democrat support is from demographics that have in the past not participated in high volumes during elections, but that apparently this election will turn out in large numbers. So there are still interesting wildcards to consider.

-rrr

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join