It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the winner is: Obama/Biden (2008 ATS Presidential Poll)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason . . .
If things were truly unbiased you would expect a 50/50 split, or close to it, between the major ideologies in the poll.

I devised an experiment to see if my friends were biased.

I invited 20 to a party with glasses and 2 kegs.
One was beer and the other was sewage.
95% of them chose the beer.
The other one kept looking at this Really weird site on the net.

Obviously I have an extremely biased group of friends.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Evidently you have never quarreled with the admins on this site.

They do a good job of catching fraud from users.

I put lots of stock in this poll.

Can't wait til tomorrow!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Thanks for showing how biased you are - you are just confirming the survey.
No wonder sometimes its difficult to figure out if this site is the DailyKos or ATS on political threads. I am unsure of what is more interesting, people trying to delude themselves into thinking their bias is somehow just how things are because its favorably reflected in the poll, or the poll itself.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Bias this, bias that. Is that all you people can complain about? Why not try logical debate for a change. I'm going out tonight to buy new crystal because went someone loses, either side, I'm going to need them. Sour grapes make for sweet whine. If this little experiment got you shorts in bunch, tomorrow night is going to cause seizures.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

As for Cynthia McKinney, who in the World voted for that Whoopi Goldberg on Crack? Lol.

Apparently 833 people

i support the green party, and i will vote mckinney tomorrow. she's the only candidate with whom i can agree with on pretty much all of the issues, and i admire her courageousness.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Great breakdown of the results. Very interesting picture of who we are, and who we are becoming. Does big brother want us to embrace third parties, or did they underestimate us? Thanks ATS!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

i was only able to vote once....

second line

third line

[edit on 3/11/08 by CureWish]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Don't worry, after the election I doubt we'll ever see you again on ATS.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Wow! I really didn't think Obama would win here.

I thought we were all going to vote third party.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Bias this, bias that. Is that all you people can complain about? Why not try logical debate for a change. I'm going out tonight to buy new crystal because went someone loses, either side, I'm going to need them. Sour grapes make for sweet whine. If this little experiment got you shorts in bunch, tomorrow night is going to cause seizures.

You know its bad when even the moderators are predictable:

I am unsure of what is more interesting, people trying to delude themselves into thinking their bias is somehow just how things are because its favorably reflected in the poll, or the poll itself.

Denial that ATS on political matters is extremely left-wing, is simply denying reality. Its not "normal" or reflective of the general population. If you believe that overt bias somehow does not impact the direction and validity of political discussions on this site, you are acting in contrary to the site motto.

Lots of people attempt to engage in rational debate on the political forums, but no one is successful when the vast majority of the site is in the tank for 1 predomiante political ideology. This is why I don't even try, and this is one of the few times I have ever replied to a political thread. Things go fine, as long as you agree with the predominate bias. I'll take you seriously when YOU go to Red State or some other conservative blog and try to argue for Obama.

Denying that overt bias has no influence on site discussions is the very definition of ignorance. Personally, I have no problem with it - I simply ignore the majority of the political threads and recognize that people are talking from a position of obvious bias. But I do have a issue with denying that the obvious bias even exists.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

You'd like that, wouldn't you? Too many people against your ideology seems to distress you. Welcome to the ignore list. After watching you try to politically bait everyone that doesn't agree with you for over a month, its refreshing not to read the trolling - should have done it earlier.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Reply to post by klatunictobarata

To the person who said:
"CAN YOU SAY 'NICE POPULARITY CONTEST?'"

Guess who else in history has won this "popularity contest"?

George Washington
Abraham Lincoln
etc..

So your point was???

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

OMG you're like soo left wing intrepid

*looks over thread*

Do my eyes deceive me or is some little member getting upset at me
After five years and 16,000 posts - You're not worth responding to directly.

Try harder next time to get my attention.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by infinite]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Where do these people come from.. oh here ATS.

Well as always I'll have to go against the norm and predict otherwise
although feeling the pain of a Republican administration means running
to the Democrats one wonders about all the conspiracy theories running
around ATS.

Like Bush and FEMA taking over so 911 won't be investigated as millions
plead Obama or McCain to reopen the investigation.. and perhaps more.
Not me, I let bygones be bygones.
So 911 must be a dead issue, good thing 911 was after the Bush election
cause Fahrenheit 9/11 showed angry crowds trying to prevent president
Bush from entering the White House.
Bush went in nice and peaceful the second time around.
Must have been the mass shock appeal.
Ain't than a kick in the election process.

Waiting for the next kicker. Play ball.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
You'd like that, wouldn't you? Too many people against your ideology seems to distress you. Welcome to the ignore list.

Welcome Infinite
There is a lot of people in this room!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Don't worry, after the election I doubt we'll ever see you again on ATS.

Don't jinx it, infinite.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hiya Lucid Lunacy

Are you being "left wing" too?

For those who were here in 2004, we all remember how many members disappeared after the election.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
You are now ignored.

I got my membership card yesterday!

Although I must say, after all the hype, it is a surprisingly Centrist club

You know, I hadn't really made the correlation between the 2004 Election and subsequently some MIA members. I did notice a few members were not posting any more, heh. I am not very astute I guess. Then again I was new.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
No wonder no one takes ATS seriously anymore, the users who spend the most time on here and have no life beyond the board have become pompous and ignorant and believe the best way to deal with someone who thinks differently is to berate them and tell them to go away.
How does that work for you in life? Just put your fingers in your ears and scream "I DONT HEAR YOU" whenever you encounter someone who doesn't believe the same thing you do? Must be a interesting way to live.

Trolls should not be given FSME tags, it just makes the intelligent FSME's look bad and ensures the status becomes meaningless.

But if the poll wasn't a verification of the extreme bias of the political boards here, I must applaud the trolls and forum gang members for providing secondary confirmation. Its much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Not sure how you can justify that declaration considering it was you that added us *allegedly* to the Ignore List, whereas we did not.

Honestly though, nobody is forcing you to be a part of the ATS community. Every one is here by their own free will. If you feel our community is not to your liking, then why are you here?

This poll was for ATS members. ATS members voted. There was an outcome. This does not prove ATS is a radical left wing site. For one, Obama is not a radical left winger at all. Two, all this Poll shows is that the majority wants Obama to be POTUS. Nothing more, nothing less.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join