It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thought this was funny

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I also found this on the internet, apparantly US soldiers may have engaged in sexual content with underage iraqi girls, and this site has a bigger photo than the one posted iin this forum, check it out
--------------

www.defensedaily.com...

CAIR: U.S. Muslims Seek Pentagon Probe of Iraq Photo; Soldier's Sign Says He Killed Boy's Father, Impregnated Sister

WASHINGTON, April 2 /PRNewswire/ -- The Council on American-Islamic
Relations (CAIR) today called for a Pentagon investigation of a photograph
circulating on the Internet that apparently shows an American soldier mocking
an Iraqi child.
The photo sent to CAIR seems to be of an American soldier standing next to
two Iraqi children who are giving the thumbs-up sign. One child holds a hand-
lettered sign in English that reads: "Lcpl Boudreaux killed my Dad, th(en) he
knocked up my sister!" ("Knocked up" is American slang for making someone
pregnant out of wedlock.) SEE: www.cair-net.org...
"If the United States Army is seeking to win the hearts and minds of the
Iraqi people, this is the wrong way to accomplish that goal," said CAIR
Executive Director Nihad Awad. "Defense Department officials must take action
to let military personnel know that such offensive behavior harms America's
image and will not be tolerated."
Awad said CAIR has also received an anonymous letter from a soldier who
recently returned from Iraq that claims a commanding officer engaged in
inappropriate conduct with prepubescent Iraqi girls. The letter states that
the officer, who was named by the writer, referred to the girls as "pre-rag
heads" and coerced local Iraqi leaders to provide them in exchange for
protection by American soldiers. (The officer's military unit was also named
in the letter.)
The letter-writer indicated revulsion at the officer's alleged actions.
He or she wrote: "The thought of all this makes me sick to my stomach. I am
afraid to bring this to anyone in the Army, because I am doubtful that they
would believe a soldier over the Battalion Commander."

"These reports point to a disturbing pattern of behavior that needs to be
addressed by our military," said Awad.
CAIR, America's largest Islamic civil liberties group, has consistently
condemned all terrorist acts, whether carried out by individuals, groups or
states.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
THAT's pretty disturbing.....(the story), but seeing as how they obviously can't see past the joke, I wonder about their investigative skills, hehe....

Looks real to me...ask Zzub...but I think it's a soldier having a laugh on the locals...

it appears kenneth boudreaux is from tampa florida

I'm starting to feel like I live in Castle Rock, dammit....(Stephen King's fictional town, where a bunch of weird # happens)...

Why does EVERYTHING seem to come back to the Tampa Bay area???

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Apparantly there is at least one other Lcpl boudreaux in the marines, although i dont know if this one is stationed in iraq, this one is from thibodeaux louisiana, any bets which one it is, joey boudreaux from louisiana or kenneth boudreaux from florida (there cant be any more lcpl boudreaux can there?)

"
Naturally, many of them get a good laugh, but not every Marine in the unit is from Louisiana and that created some problems for LCpl. Joey Boudreaux, 23, of Thibodeaux."

from this page

www.nola.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
well it looks to me like some of the shadows in the picture don't add up comparatively with the angle of the sun opposed to where the people are standing and the angles of all the shadows. there are a few anomalies such as the top of the boys thumb shadow on the cardboard is to fat and the tip of it is diamond shaped, also on the boy in the middle, if you look at his left side collar it's not casting a shadow at all, even though it is raised at an angle that would suggest it should cast some sort of shadow on the boys neck or shirt. There are a few more things I found wrong with that picture, but those are the most convincing as far as it being a fake.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith
well it looks to me like some of the shadows in the picture don't add up comparatively with the angle of the sun opposed to where the people are standing and the angles of all the shadows. there are a few anomalies such as the top of the boys thumb shadow on the cardboard is to fat and the tip of it is diamond shaped, also on the boy in the middle, if you look at his left side collar it's not casting a shadow at all, even though it is raised at an angle that would suggest it should cast some sort of shadow on the boys neck or shirt. There are a few more things I found wrong with that picture, but those are the most convincing as far as it being a fake.

This has been discussed before, and most people who know about photo editing agree that a lot of details in photos is lost when compressing the jpegs for internet use, the version on this forum is actually smaller than the original, so details such as the shadows are lost or detail is greatly reduced, the photos when compressed to save size are usually more pixillated (blocky).

In the end, I dont think this proves it is a fake but it could be.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
www.cair-net.org...

here is the larger version but still remember the details in any compressed internet image cant compare to the original bitmap, hence lack of certain details such as shadow placement does not conclusively prove it is a fake (although this photo could be, no one knows for certain, its a very very good fake if it is)

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Yeah I had to take that into account, it made it a bit rough that it seemed the whole picture had been run through a large matting pixilation, that could be the result of compression. But even at that there were some odd blocked color smoothness variations that could of been something, or nothing. Because of the condition of the picture it was hard to make heads or tails of it. But shadows don't lie, so that's what I stuck with.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
yeah hunter, that's the one I originally worked with.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
On another board, I found this image that tells a very different story. I don't know enough about photo editing to be able to tell which is real, but it's worth looking at.

Saved dad, rescued sister.

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by Mycroft]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mycroft

On another board, I found this image that tells a very different story. I don't know enough about photo editing to be able to tell which is real, but it's worth looking at.

Saved dad, rescued sister.

I think that this version of the picture makes a lot more sense, why else would the kids be smiling? I'm starting to doubt the autenticity of the offensive version. If I was one of those kids, I would find it suspicious if someone wanted me to hold a sing that I don't know what is writen on.

However, this could be an attemp by the soldier to get out of trouble by saying that the "good" one is real and the "bad" one is fake.

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by Ranger]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
In a statement release this week, Marine Corps Reserve officials announced that, with the assistance of Naval Criminal Investigative Service, they are opening an investigation into the authenticity of the photograph of Lance Cpl. Ted J. Boudreaux Jr. posing with two children hold a sign that may or may not have had an offensive message printed on it.

(AP) - The Marines are investigating a photograph circulating on the Internet that depicts a soldier with two Iraqi boys and a sign, in English, proclaiming the soldier had killed one boy's father and impregnated the boy's sister.

Marines Investigate Photo Posted on Web
The Smoking Gun

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
In a statement release this week, Marine Forces Reserve officials announced that, with the assistance of Naval Criminal Investigative Service, they are opening an investigation into the authenticity of the photograph of Lance Cpl. Ted J. Boudreaux Jr. posing with two children hold a sign that may or may not have had an offensive message printed on it.

(AP) - The Marines are investigating a photograph circulating on the Internet that depicts a soldier with two Iraqi boys and a sign, in English, proclaiming the soldier had killed one boy's father and impregnated the boy's sister.

Marines Investigate Photo Posted on Web
The Smoking Gun

Someone is really in for a arse raping now. The #s gonna fly.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Who does this cannon fodder think he is? Nobody takes credit for what me and jesus have done.

Signed,
George Bush,the boy king

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Has anyone seen this 'version' of the cardboard sign?
Someones playing tricks

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by sanctum]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join