It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Clams Up on 'Gay' Pledge Cards Given to Kindergartners

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

The primary purpose of eating is to live. If you are obese, you have lost the primary purpose of eating.

The primary purpose of sexual intercourse, which is an act that ONLY can bee accomplished between a man and woman, is procreation, remove the possibility of procreation with condoms, birth control pills, male on male sex, female on female sex, or other deviations and you have lost the primary purpose of sexual intercourse.

The primary purpose of a hand is to grab, lacking a hand, one adappts other body parts to perform that function.

Jezsu, you are more passionate that rational, and that being so, you cannot comprehend what I just told you.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I don't really think it's too young, but with a proviso - surely they should learn about homosexuality BEFORE they learn why it's not nice to be prejudiced against people of that persuasion. And if they're being told by an authority figure 'don't say this', what's that kid going to do? He/she is going to say it!

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
The primary purpose...

Jezsu, you are more passionate that rational, and that being so, you cannot comprehend what I just told you.

You are literally debating that you know the purpose of our biological existence.

You can say a hand grabs. FACT. A hand grabs.

But do you know the definition of purpose?

purpose

–noun
1. the reason for which something exists or is done, made, used, etc.
2. an intended or desired result; end; aim; goal.

dictionary.reference.com...

How do you know what the intended reason that a hand exists?

Just because something DOES something doesn't mean it is the ONLY specific purpose for it. It doesn't even mean it is one purpose for it.

Only "God" could know the reason for our existence.

Of course I can comprehend your extremely limited and close minded view on reality. But maybe the concept of purpose is just too complex for you to fully comprehend. Because this is not a debatable issue. You can pretend to know your own purpose. I believe you can even define your own purpose. But to think you can define the purpose of existence and life for others is the most arrogant thing I have ever heard.

Originally posted by Drakiir
...dismiss whatever problem there is.

But who says there is a problem? You?

problem

–noun
1. any question or matter involving doubt, uncertainty, or difficulty.
2. a question proposed for solution or discussion.
3. Mathematics. a statement requiring a solution, usually by means of a mathematical operation or geometric construction.

dictionary.reference.com...

The ENTIRE concept of problem is the definition of opinion. And since problem is an opinion, it should be left up to the individual when it doesn't effect other unwilling participants.

These concepts of purpose and problem, they exemplify what it is the many people try to do in this world.

People pretend they know the mind of creationand reflect these personal beliefs onto others.

And breaking down these concepts really does simplify the issue. It is all about control. Some people for some reason have always felt a need to control the things around them. Even the things that do not directly involve or interfere with their lives.

Live and let live.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Jezus]

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Jezus]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

The ENTIRE concept of problem is the definition of opinion. And since problem is an opinion, it should be left up to the individual when it doesn't effect other unwilling participants.

That is a very arrogant way of looking at things and if anything only increases the whole self denial scenario. Leaving it up to the individual and not letting science or even logic determine if there is a problem is ridiculous, not to mention most are in self denial about what is a problem to them.

Genetics says being gay could be caused by a hormone imbalance thats science, thats logic now if left up to the individual to determine that of course they wont admit to it being an issue. There is more than enough proof of that today with pretty much any non heterosexual making their choices out to be normal or a lifestyle, its arrogance thats what it is.

Science itself says there is something wrong, a man and a woman were created for procreation and even marriage originated with man and woman. Everything about the male and female form logically says they go together. This leaves the desire to be with same sex yes a problem. it genetically and scientifically defies nature and logic.

If people want to go around and customize problems to their own interpretation than let them but science and logic for me will be the standard for determining problems

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Drakiir

So you have scientifically and logically concluded that homosexuality is a problem...

Hmm that is impressive, contact the media.

All you did was nicely explain why you THINK homosexuality is a problem.

Great, but it doesn't change the fact that when something doesn't involve you, know one cares whether you think it is a problem or not.

Live and LET live.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Drakiir

Theyre a lot of mammals that are gay:

Animals

Dont you think we procreate enough...and to counter that it is a problem in genetics....maybe it is a sign that we procreate too much?

I cannot understand why it cannot be accepted...still I think most of these problems boil down to religious beliefs....

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

I said the PRIMARY purpose of a hand is to hold, grasp.
A secondary purpose, and inappropriate is to flip someone off.

Eat PRIMARY is to live.

Intercourse PRIMARY is to procreate.

PRIMARY purpose of dictionary is to define words.

Primary purpose of keyboard is to type words.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
reply to post by Jezus

I said the PRIMARY purpose of a hand is to hold, grasp.
A secondary purpose, and inappropriate is to flip someone off.

Eat PRIMARY is to live.

Intercourse PRIMARY is to procreate.

PRIMARY purpose of dictionary is to define words.

Primary purpose of keyboard is to type words.

You could almost argue that last two, because they are man made.

But again, it is ridiculous to claim to know the "primary" purpose for something natural. Maybe YOUR primary use for it but that is it.

Think about what the word purpose means...

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Jezus]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by qd22vcc

Instead of arguing about it being "natural"(the same argument used by stoners justifying their drug habits), why don't you use human examples of how homosexuality has positive benefit within modern society that prove it to be an adaption instead of a dysfunction?

In a recent aquaculture class I attended, we learned how genetically female fish could be turned into physically male, sperm-producing fish with XX chromosomes through the use of chemicals that inhibited an enzyme. The point of mentioning this is that the bodies of animals appear to be prepared to be either a boy or a girl and it's the chemicals in the body(usually dictated by the genes) that eventually develop the body to be either a man or a woman. If you look at gay men whose bodies, voices, and behavior begin to take on feminine qualities(and female homosexuals who take on male qualities) it would seem plausible to believe that some hormonal activity is taking place within their bodies that makes their bodies grow to some extent like the opposite gender's would. Since gay men's brains appear more like women's brains in balance of the hemispheres and the size and shape of certain brain structures there may be some evidence to support this idea. This would also explain the cross-culture relationship between drag queens, transexuals, cross-dressers, "man trapped in woman's body"-types, and homosexuals.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

What do you use your hand for? What do you use your mouth for? Without a hand, it would be extremely difficult to grab things. Without a mouth, it would be extremely difficult to eat things.

Without reproductive organs, it would be extremely difficult to reproduce. And there is a reason they are called reproductive organs, because their primary use is to reproduce. Just like how your circulatory system's primary use is to circulate the blood, but members of that particular system contribute to other things as well.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Isn't that just a "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted." argument that leads to nothing but indiscriminate behavior because of a lack of discriminating intelligence?

Impulse control, analysis, and rationality are the height of human behavior and are praised in all stable, productive societies. What is wrong with asking people to observe and moderate their behavior and to give their actions deeper thought than "it feels good so I do it"?

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epinephrine
why don't you use human examples of how homosexuality has positive benefit within modern society

How it is positive?

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

It is positive because it makes two people happy...

That is it.

It has no inherent negative effects on anyone.

---

This thread really has shown me something about this debate.

It isn't really about homosexuality.

It is about a fundamental disagreement on the rights of the individual.

I personally believe consenting adults should be able to do anything they want, as long as it does not directly infringe on the rights of others.

However, many man people believe they should be able to control other people's personal lives because of their own personal views and beliefs

Remember, all your views are personal. For those that think you know mind of the creator and can decide the PURPOSE of life, that is fine, but apply it to your own life not the world.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

It is positive because it makes two people happy...

That is it.

Jezus, are you saying you believe there is no purpose to life other than the acquisition of physical pleasure? I've been following this debate and it seems to me that's what you are saying: if it feels good, do it (as long as it doesn't hurt others) and if it doesn't feel good, don't do it.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

The association between gays, sexual disease, sexual promiscuousness, drug use, other mental illnesses(including the dangerous Antisocial Personality Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder), suicide, and the high number of homosexual males in functionless professions like hair care and fashion suggests that there are inherent negatives to homosexuality.

Where are the positives?

If your type of thinking prevails, isn't it only a matter of time before kindergartners are taught not to make fun of consensual BDSM slaves even when they look funny when taken for a walk in a dog mask and leash through the park? It makes two people happy and hurts nobody else, right?

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Epinephrine]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
Jezus, are you saying you believe there is no purpose to life other than the acquisition of physical pleasure? I've been following this debate and it seems to me that's what you are saying: if it feels good, do it (as long as it doesn't hurt others) and if it doesn't feel good, don't do it.

TheRedneck

NO.

I'm saying that we don't get to decide the purpose of life for other people.

So if they want to do something that doesn't effect others NO ONE has the right to get involved.

We shouldn't decide what kind of LOVE is appropriate for consenting adults.

The association between gays, sexual disease, sexual promiscuousness, drug use, other mental illnesses(including the dangerous Antisocial Personality Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder), suicide, and the high number of homosexual males in functionless professions like hair care and fashion suggests that there are inherent negatives to homosexuality.

That is some disturbing ignorance...

Judge people on a case by case basis...

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

If so, it is a strange kind of disturbing ignorance that comes from reading studies and statistics, interacting with gays, and from gay media. But when worded like that it doesn't sounds like I'm the one here who is actually ignorant.

I deny your ignorance(whilst denying accusations of my ignorance) and chastise you for defensive flinging of overused stereotypical liberal insults.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Epinephrine]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus
heh, OK, don't get defensive.

Your posts were leading me (and I assume others) to that conclusion, so I either wanted a clear affirmative or a rebuttal. Either way I didn't care.

Well, maybe I did care just a little. I was glad to hear it was the latter.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

So are you suggesting that those who are gay are the ones who primarily are sexually promiscuous, drug users, suicidal, and are more prone to sexual diseases and mental illnesses?

You do realize that there are gays in every profession right? They are not limited to hair care and fashion.

Edit to say: I'm asking for clarification purposes.

[edit on 9-11-2008 by Jenna]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

If so, it is a strange kind of disturbing ignorance that comes from reading studies and statistics, interacting with gays, and from gay media. But when worded like that it doesn't sounds like I'm the one here who is actually ignorant.

I deny your ignorance(whilst denying accusations of my ignorance) and chastise you for defensive flinging of overused stereotypical liberal insults.

I think your smarter than the ignorance that your exhibiting.

And I think your a good person who doesn't know the pain that this way of thought causes others.

But beyond that, I have nothing to be defensive about.

I don't think I'm better than anyone and I see love and God within everyone.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

No, I'm suggesting that there is a higher rate of drug use, mental illness, promiscuous sex, etc amongst homosexuals in general than the general population and that studies into gay behavior back this up.

articles.latimes.com...
www.aidsprevention.org...
www.mygenes.co.nz...

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join