It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Clams Up on 'Gay' Pledge Cards Given to Kindergartners

page: 29
<< 26  27  28   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7H3Y 4R3 C0M1N6

Originally posted by Iblis Smiley
Just curious here. All the folks who claim sexual preference is a choice, could you please elaborate on when you chose yours? Did you try both and see what you liked better? Or was there a more natural draw in one direction or the other?

I never chose, I never really made any decision...I never felt it was right for me either, I am just not attracted to people of the same sex.

Because it is not a choice to be made?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Iblis Smiley

Exactly.

(Not to Iblis Smiley) I would like to point out that telling kids not to make fun of someone, while it has good intentions, will not work because I bet no one is going to say why it is wrong. No one is going to say 'don't make fun of these people' and explain to five year olds why gays are made fun of. IMO kids shouldn't be worrying about anything like this, they should be playing and starting to learn how to socialize with other kids. Bullying is always going to be part of society and children this young who even know that the word gay or homo can be used as an offensive term will not know what it represents, making it so they don't have any real anti-gay feelings.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by 7H3Y 4R3 C0M1N6]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I agree with 7H3Y 4R3 C0M1N6. This could be counter-productive because it excludes individuals who are homosexual from the rest of society. I thought "equality" was the goal here? Given that, why not make the pledge card an anti-bully card towards every individual?

And another bothersome thing I noticed, these are kindergarteners...why introduce them to what "sexual" preferences are at such a young age? They haven't even formed those tendencies yet!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7H3Y 4R3 C0M1N6
reply to post by Iblis Smiley

Exactly.

What about them straight fellers out thar that insist it is a choice? When did you all choose to be straight?

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marcus Calpurnius
. If you're fat, red headed, stupid, ugly, crippled, skinny, white, black, Asian, Latino, you're going to get called names. Why do these people think their so special?

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

First - it should 'they're' not 'their'... Second, you think that it's okay to call Asians and Latinos names? Where I come from, that's racism, don't know about the USA! Likewise, calling people names because they're crippled is just sick! And as a skinny white woman with red-haired children, I am not too thrilled with the rest of your post.
All that being said, those female impersonators would have creeped me out. What jerks!
Vicky

top topics

<< 26  27  28   >>

join