It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Food Supply TAINTED? . . .Halloween Candy? Melamine + Toxins?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Well this is wonderful... I used to like Mars-bars and Snickers before reading this. As a long time pet owner and general animal lover I'm just appalled by this. I can't even find words to express my disgust

So basically they're torturing animals for no reason in particular and experimenting on us, the public, without our consent. So what's next? Are they gonna go around injecting puppies with AIDS and calling it standard procedure?

I think I'm going to start researching some products I often use, even though I've tried to keep it ethical before. Just goes to show how disinformed the public is about these sorts of things.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
At least the Chinese had the good will to put '___' into our children's brite lite toys not too long ago, but this? How will they get a high off of this?

Honestly though, I've seen that guy's videos before, and he's usually very funny and doesn't talk about politics or anything of that sort. He is a reliable source of information in my estimation, and this is a serious matter. I remember seeing an article about how the FDA said small amounts of melamine are not toxic for you, only a few weeks ago. GEE, I wonder why they said that all of a sudden! I'm glad I only eat organic, but I don't feel well for the rest of America. I hope this video gets attention.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Im posting what I added in this thread here.

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Here we go. From consumer affairs

consumeraffairs.com

The latest products implicated in this scare are Blue Cat Flavor drinks sold in Asian markets in the United States and Oreo wafers, Snickers, and M&M's imported from China to Indonesia.

Here is a link to what Mars has to say about this.
Mars shocked that its products were destroyed in Indonesia

Jakarta) PT. Mars Symbioscience Indonesia was shocked to read reports that the Indonesian BPOM (Food and Drug Monitoring Agency) has included M&M’s® Chocolate Candies and SNICKERS® Bars as part of a government decision to destroy all imports of Chinese products containing dairy ingredients. Mars products are understood to have been included in the destruction, even though tests of those products by the BPOM at its own laboratory this past weekend confirmed that the products are clear of melamine and safe for consumption.

[edit on 28-10-2008 by mrsdudara]

Snickers, M&M's, and oreo cookie wafers were destroied in Indonesia. Mars was upset even though their products are made in China, with China dairy. SO, Mars paid for their own test that showed nothing wrong with THEIR stuff - so they are still selling it everywhere else.

Not in my bag baby.

I know how money works, and Im not trusting anything from china being fed to my babies.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by mrsdudara]

[edit on 29-10-2008 by mrsdudara]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
I'm 32 years old and I've developed kidney problems. I'm suspicious that it could have something to do with this stuff. I watch everything I eat now. You wouldn't belive how much stuff in the grocery stote is from China. Chicken, Fish, Coffee Creamer you name it theres alot. If its no name brand or on sale dirt cheap chances are it's from China.

Me too, I am 31, and just had surgery on my kidney this spring.

Another thing to add about my post above. My mom and I went out shopping for Halloween candy about a month ago. She would not buy the Mars products because they did not say where they were made. You know how everything has to say made in where ever, it wasnt on their bags. That tells me they knew exactly what was happening and covered their dairyaires.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
All conventional candy is bad for you, end of story, whether it has all the added toxins or not. Its pure junk.

That is so not true.. sugar isn't "bad" for you unless you eat too much of it.
Just like everything else. Without sugar the body would cease to function. The body NEEDS sugar.
Just because some people choose to gobble it by the pound isn't reason to burn it all and ban it.

You are so misguided....

There are no organic or "natural" candies.. at least not in the sense that you seem to be talking about.
Sugar is 100% natural and organic, so is corn syrup mix both of them together and you have candy.. is that the "organic" you mean or is there a new soy based candy the kids would love I am not aware of?

A lot of people here seem to just be against mass manufacturing of any kind, as if they could get all the stufff they consume without it. There are 300 million people in the USA, to "feed" them all we need to be able to mass produce foodstuff, candy included. I get that many people want to "shop local" go to "local farms", eat "organic".. thats great, but we can't ALL do it, it isnt feasible with so many people.

So lay off bro.. candy for the most part is harmless (exept when it comes from CHina).
It's the person who is dangerous...

as far as the companies making money.. that is just such a lame argument ..
ATS makes money by selling you conspiracies.. should they also be "stopped" because they have an ulterior motive for promoting as such or taking advantage of our colective paranoia? Is this website "heathly" for all of us?

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
We just need to wipe Halloween off the calenders.

Really? It does that much harm to you?
Binge Drinking and loud racus parties wouldn't occur on other nights?
Kids wouldn't eat candy any other day?

Seriously with your attitude Santa's probably on your hit list as well.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I went thru something like this just yesterday.

First off- I could eat the innards of a nuke, burp a cloud of radioactive smoke, and see what was for dessert. I have a solid steel stomach with a titanium lining.

Until yesterday. I made the mistake of getting some chips on sale (whole grain chips!) and went thru about a third of a bag- then got tired of them, drove home- and felt a little urpy. I laid down a for a short nap, woke up, and I had to RUN to get to the bathroom in time! This went on for 3 hours, culminating in a 'chuck' that for lack of less disgusting terms created whitecaps in the toilet. I'm still having stomach probs, tho less than last night. I am going to try to put something solid in there, so I can work without keeling over.

Here's my theory: What better way to wipe the POOR off the face of the earth so the rich can take over- than to poison them slowly and without their knowledge? Notice anything truly nutritious is also outrageously priced? Fresh ANYTHING -unless you hit the local flea mkt or farmer's market is far out of reach of the average low income person?

We're being exterminated, poor folks.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revealer

Wow how scary? Why do we continue to buy from these idiots? My family is trying our hardest not to buy anything that was made in China, for these very reasons. they are nasty people and i hate how they target their own children, it really gets to me.

So my question is can my kids (Ihave three) still eat halloween candy this year? I mean my God the chinese are ruining it for everyone!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Thanks for all the posts on this topic. With 6 children who all still love Halloween it is definitely something I will be looking at more closely. We usually eat pretty healthy but holidays are an exception. Kind of off topic but does anytone know where you can get the best prices on organic or is it just shop around. We live in SC. Thanks so much.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
OK this sucks cause I just ate a pound bag of M&M's that apparently were recalled in other countries so help me god if I die from that I'm gonna haunt the heck out of the FDA grrrr

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
Hey

I have 2 kids, thanks, very much for this thread

Good ol American Candy bars

Unless of course some one hands out some nice European chocolate
lol, my kids should get so lucky

There was another story in the news a few days back about tainted US name brand candy being made in China for foreign consumption. Are you sure that US name brand candy for domestic consumption is still made in the US? Are you willing to bet your kids health?

Looking at events like these simply reinforces the fact that our country is circling the drain. It won't be long now......

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I just went to webmd to try and pull up any info on melamine poisioning nothing came up then I tried melamine exposure yet again nothing... so I just put in melamine and it came up with a few articles saying that although it had been in feed stuffs for hogs poulrty fish etc. it wasnt considered to be a risk!!!!!
www.webmd.com...

yet another on tainted feed at farms that have thousands of animals
www.webmd.com...

yet again found in fish feed at fish farms and yet again is a LOW RISK to humans
www.webmd.com...

Out of the whopping 8 results guess what one of them was?////
Ask the presidental canidates a question!.
Just go to webmd and type melamine in the search box.
EDIT more info from another site that specilizes in toxic elements and what we have found them to be, as far as exposure etc

pesticideinfo.org...

another tid bit our governemtn is claiming ignorance and that it has low if any toxic results. As you will see scrolling down the page, there is NO information being released in a relavent way by the fda or anyone else. leaves you wondering if they are doing anything at all . It all states unlisted etc. but once you get towards the bottom of the page there is a refferal the the ....
Codex Alimentarius
yep thats right the pharma run UN farse that says vitamins and minerals are toxic and not needed by humans for any reason. They have a usa and a Un link about the "acceptable" levels supposedly.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This from Kraft foods

September 30, 2008 – In light of recent events in China, we would like to reassure our valued consumers about the safety of Kraft products, especially those containing milk ingredients.

Kraft does not use Chinese milk ingredients in US products or in any products made outside of China. Of the products we make in China, some do contain low levels of milk ingredients from that country. And we’re testing these ingredients to ensure their safety. While Kraft exports some of these products into a limited number of Asian countries, we do not export any products containing Chinese milk ingredients into North America, Europe, Latin America or Africa.

There have been questions about the ingredients used in our Oreo products made in China. Oreo products do not contain Chinese milk ingredients, no matter where they are made or sold.

We have full confidence in our food safety standards and systems. As always, our highest priority is to ensure the safety of our products and consumers around the world.

But, what about the wheat products(noodles) and other stuff?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

I don't like webmd.
Not one line.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by affeyee

GM = Genetically Modified

It can be taken to mean that your body is not equipped to properly digest and use food material that is other-than-organic, containing unusual genetic sequences. Personally I do not give that idea much credence, plants grow, change, and adapt.

The big threat IMO comes from the fact that many GM foods are modified to resist certain herbicides and pesticides. That means that your food has been directly sprayed with poison, which may or may not be easily removed by washing.

If you don't grow your own or buy organic-labeled food, please at least wash and peel fruits and vegetables before you eat them. Some poison is doubtless absorbed through the roots, but by removing the outer layer it seems that you could remove a fair amount of the poison content.

Google "monsanto roundup-ready" for more information.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Symbiote]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Melamine is just more population control brought to us by American Eugenecists. The Chinese( The ones who live in China) do not like Americans and have a history of poisoning their enemies ;so what better way to cull the herd than to let the Chinese make American food. American eugenecists are merely contracting with the Chinese. Missile technology was deliberately given to the Chicoms in hopes they would use nuclear weapons on the more populated cities in America. Missile technology would not have been given to the Chinese if the bastard elites in America did not have an even bigger nastier dooms day weapon. I am so sick of people who want to build Utopia with the bones of the poor and the middle class.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by eradown]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I added an update to the bottom of the post linking a company that is supposed to make public findings on toxins etc and their effects on humans.
So far they are being given nothing in the way of results. And towrds the botom the "codex dingies from the United nations" have stuck in their 2 cents worth. Funny thing is these are the same numbbunnies that say vitamins and minerals are toxic and are planning on forcing governments to ban them.

SO READ ^

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

This from Kraft foods

September 30, 2008 – In light of recent events in China, we would like to reassure our valued consumers about the safety of Kraft products, especially those containing milk ingredients.

Kraft does not use Chinese milk ingredients in US products or in any products made outside of China. Of the products we make in China, some do contain low levels of milk ingredients from that country. And we’re testing these ingredients to ensure their safety. While Kraft exports some of these products into a limited number of Asian countries, we do not export any products containing Chinese milk ingredients into North America, Europe, Latin America or Africa.

There have been questions about the ingredients used in our Oreo products made in China. Oreo products do not contain Chinese milk ingredients, no matter where they are made or sold.

Well at least someone is taking a stand on this and letting people know they arent using the contaminated milk. I didnt buy mac and cheese or cheese for that matter for the kids becaue of the milk powder, last night at the store. I have never known kraft to not be honest, if anyone nows otherwise can you please let me know. Because I am going back to the store to buy kraft cheese and some other of their products if not.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This reminds me of the scare that candy is laced with pins and needles and poisons, sending everyone into a panic.

Yet there were very few instances of this happening.

Another scare tactic? no pun intended.

Funny how there are very few warnings about christmas candy or easter for that matter.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by nixie_nox]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

I buy mac and cheese.
WHY DON"T MANY foods have labels?!!!!

They just say, "distributed by ....... springdale, Il." or something!

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I knew this was coming and would be bad this Halloween when I first heard about them pulling the chocolate gold pirate coins. Grim times are ahead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join