It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Food Supply TAINTED? . . .Halloween Candy? Melamine + Toxins?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
This reminds me of the scare that candy is laced with pins and needles and poisons, sending everyone into a panic.

Yet there were very few instances of this happening.

Another scare tactic? no pun intended.

Funny how there are very few warnings about christmas candy or easter for that matter.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by nixie_nox]

I'm taking this as more than a scare tactic. Look at how many pets were
killed by tainted chinese pet foods.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I work for a guy in China. Beleive me they are cheap people. Any low handed, corrupt way he can save a penny he will do it. Nothing shocks me that I hear about reguarding China.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

Were the pet foods made in China?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The moral is - eat stuff in moderation. A few pieces of melamine-laced candy will be fine if you are taking care of yourself. The reason melamine affected babies in China was because formula was all that they consumed all day long. It affected dogs the same way a few years ago - these dogs mostly consumed dog food, so their bodies couldn't keep up with excreting the toxins. There are worse things in our food "naturally." That peanut butter in your cabinet - naturally contaminated with aflatoxins, well documented as causing liver and other cancers. Same with corn. Good ole delicious corn! Don't believe me? Link from Cornell University: www.ansci.cornell.edu... Consume too much of peanut butter? You are at risk for cancer. Consume too much corn? Same type of cancer. Consume too much melamine-laced foods? At risk for kidney stones and possible renal failure.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by themamayada]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Thank you I will take heed when I take my toddlers out.

I am fearful what is to come of this. The melamine found in eggs got me thinking of the chickens feeding on melamine tainted feed. And how would the melemine be in that? This may be much farther reaching than just powdered milk I fear.

What's next?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revealer

yes you are absolutely right
they care about making money,thats the only important thing for them
but who cares about the damages????

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Ok, Ive been looking up as much as I can about what all comes here from China that could contain milk or eggs. Here is the real sticker, Im finding that things can be made from here but not have their ingredients made here. This is making things a bit tough.

I told myself I was going to stay away from all things made in china, but darn it, I have to buy a new home phone. Cant find a darn one that is not made from china. Ug. Having a lot of the same problems with food and candy.

I did remember one little tidbit though. Thought I would pass it on. Things with Kosher symbols - like that funky U - pass hard core tests to make sure they are fit for eating. SO, I think we are going to stick to that Kosher diet. Off to the library.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have to comment on this and I would like to thank The Revealer for posting this topic.

Lets stand back and take a look at foods and issues over the last two years.

The List
1. Spinach - tainted with E.coli
2. Dog food and treats - tainted with poisoned Wheat Gluten from China
3. Cough Syrup - Killed several people and was from China tainted with antifreeze chemicals
4. Peter Pan Peanut Butter - Tainted with Salmonella - I had a verified tainted jar and I have 5 foster children, very scary
5. Hamburger - E.coli January 08
6. Hamburger - E.coli June 08
7. Baby Formula in China - Tainted by Melamine 50,000 children sickened
8. Peppers from Mexico - tainted with E.coli - blamed prior on tomatoes causing major losses to American growers/farmers
9. White Rabbit Candy in China - same trace of Melamine found in formula

What's to come?
10. Halloween is only a few days away - what new food crisis or tainted food issue are we going to see a few days after October 31st? How many young American children will be sickened or hospitalized for some unmonitored tainted Chinese material manufactured candy?

AND LETS NOT FORGET THE LEAD PAINT IN ALMOST ALL OF OUR CHILDREN'S TOYS MADE BY MAJOR MANUFACTURERS LIKE MATTEL THROUGH CHINA

Who monitors our food safety? Why is the monitoring done only on the Chinese side?

When does a human life outweigh the profits of greedy CEO's and the "look the other" way suppliers and testers?

I say enough is enough! We need to do something now with these Corporate criminals! We have a right to be Safe as consumers! We have a right to know where everything that we take in to our bodies comes from!
We have a right to look at any package and to be able to see clearly where the ingredients originate from and what they are!

I just don't get this! We have now been programmed to go along with the fact that we are no longer represented by our elected leaders and the people who were elected to uphold, protect, and serve. We have been brainwashed into thinking that we must accept that the food we eat or that our pets eat might kill us our our loved ones!

Crazy, Rediculous, and Insane

Man we have become weak as a Nation!

[edit on 29-10-2008 by arizonascott]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm more worried about the Mental ramifications that these Cocktails of Toxins has on the brain. Like for instance its way of making logical judgments, or when to get aggressive etc. not only is my nation dieing of cancer at a alarming rate but now before they die they are all violently aggressive, dumb and more unwilling to listen to reason. is that the main goal? seems like it to me.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Bringer]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

I am in 100% total agreement with you.

Melamine inside chicken eggs - definitly from the feed.

Mad cow disease - originated most likely due to cows eating recycled cow parts/bones in the feed

E.coli - Spinach, pepper and other vegetables - my guess is it is the way they are grown and the fertilizer used. The vegetables have internal E.coli which means that the E.coli bacteria is forming from something used in the growing process originating in the soil.

This is getting crazy and out of hand. We make these companies their wealth because we are the consumers. If we do not trust the safety, we don't buy and they lose all their money. These companies must be forced to supply us with safe foods and products! If these corporations continue to be cheap and cut corners, then they better enjoy their murderous profits because their wealth will end when we stop buying.

With the lead in toys, melamine, E.coli, Salmonella what do you see? I see an obvious trend, murder the populous a little at a time through ignorance and greed!

Now they (FDA) want us to trust the genetically altered meat and foods as a healthy and trusted food source, but at the same time they want to get rid of natural vitamins and natural nutrition! Does that make sense?

I DON'T THINK SO! What is wrong with this picture, these people are growing their Corporate wealth off intentionallly poinsoning us one two or 50,000 at a time! Is that their plan?

Holy crap!

[edit on 29-10-2008 by arizonascott]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this information. I have emailed it to everyone I know. It's probably too late to get the word out for before halloween candy purchases are made, but perhaps we can stop some folks from ingesting it!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

lol, I was looking at your avatar and the first thing that came to my mind was, "that looks like the inside of kidney's after injesting Melamine"

No offense to the avatar though, its just what popped in.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by themamayada
The moral is - eat stuff in moderation. A few pieces of melamine-laced candy will be fine if you are taking care of yourself. The reason melamine affected babies in China was because formula was all that they consumed all day long. It affected dogs the same way a few years ago - these dogs mostly consumed dog food, so their bodies couldn't keep up with excreting the toxins. There are worse things in our food "naturally." That peanut butter in your cabinet - naturally contaminated with aflatoxins, well documented as causing liver and other cancers. Same with corn. Good ole delicious corn! Don't believe me? Link from Cornell University: www.ansci.cornell.edu... Consume too much of peanut butter? You are at risk for cancer. Consume too much corn? Same type of cancer. Consume too much melamine-laced foods? At risk for kidney stones and possible renal failure.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by themamayada]

The moral is don't eat anything that has (or might have) melamine in it.
IT doesn't go away. IT builds up. There are 1000 studies that say things like eating 5 potatoes a day, everyday for 20 years, will give you cancer. The problem is just a few drops of melamine with destroy your kidneys overnight! I will go with the potatoes.

As for the CEOs that want to stretch their corporate dollar. Their only interest is supporting their own carbon hogging lifestyle and nothing else. Just look at the bankers who drove the world into the ground and got big taxpayer payouts as rewards.

Unregulated banking, immigration, food imports, ect... are destroying our life and country and the govt. is always too broke (or corrupt) to fix it.

[edit on 29-10-2008 by eagledriver]

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is one of those things that really gets under my skin

I've started emailing the link to all the major news sources. Fox News has already acknowledged receipt and I'm waiting on replies from others. Will they do anything with it? Who knows?

Perhaps if many others did the same, they would pay more attention?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm having a hard time believing that such an important topic is getting so few flags. I simply can't believe it.......

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by fromtheheart66
I work for a guy in China. Beleive me they are cheap people. Any low handed, corrupt way he can save a penny he will do it. Nothing shocks me that I hear about reguarding China.

i am a chinese and but i have been living in Ireland since i was young. i am sure all chinese are sick and disgusted by all these unethical behaviors same as all of you, and the chinese people are trying to do something about it too. please know that the chinese people are also the victims.

so please, it really hurts me to see such racist post.
"they are cheap people"

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Suprise. Suprise.

New York Times

A Rise in Kidney Stones Is Seen in U.S. Children

To the great surprise of parents, kidney stones, once considered a disorder of middle age, are now showing up in children as young as 5 or 6.

While there are no reliable data on the number of cases, pediatric urologists and nephrologists across the country say they are seeing a steep rise in young patients. Some hospitals have opened pediatric kidney stone clinics.

“The older doctors would say in the ’70s and ’80s, they’d see a kid with a stone once every few months,” said Dr. Caleb P. Nelson, a urology instructor at Harvard Medical School who is co-director of the new kidney stone center at Children’s Hospital Boston. “Now we see kids once a week or less.”

www.nytimes.com...

Is it time for payback yet?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Let's not forget the anti-freeze tainted toothpaste from china about a year ago too. We need a real boycott on chinese products.

money.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join