It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland being enslaved!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
If economic pressure really is a war then i make no appologies for hoping that my country wins.

As far as remembering what i wrote today, well if things turn bad then i will fall back on the old saying - "if you can't beat them, join them".

I am an Englishman in that i was born and raised in England and i am also a Britishman in that England is a part of Britain.
So i am both English and British.

Back on topic no matter what happens i hope that things work out for the best for both Britain and Iceland, but if it comes down to a choice of either Britain or Iceland come out on top and only one country can 'win' then i hope that it is Britain.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
My understanding is that Iceland is the most energy independent country in the world. Brazil is second. We could get a good idea about what's happening by keeping an eye on Brazil. If the IMF decides to "save" them as well, look out!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Man_Versus_AntiMan

If you care to take a look at the links you'll understand my point.

Think ... greenland oil... north Atlantic oil and you'll see it.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

Brilliant -- Had no idea what' going on with NWO/CNWO in Iceland. Thanks a million!

...and what if anything does it have to do with this, '10/22/08 - paper trail to avoid being killed on Wanta conspiracy & disinfo, update #1 ', at: www.abovetopsecret.com... ...anything?

In Waldy's thread, am looking forward to reading all the links to his OP.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The people of Iceland are the reason Iceland is where it is economically and politically because they are just as greedy and stupid as the rest of us.

I think that's the reason for the situation they find themselves in more than anything. Living beyond their means

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Britain and the West has been doing this kind of thing to Zimbabwe for years.
And in all my years of following that situation I've never read two people
sympathatic to the Zimbabweans, much less an entire thread.

Don't get me wrong, the matrix just don't faze me anymore. I've come
to accept the world for what it is. It's just that every now and then
for the sake of history and future generations that may one day need to research
to see what we were like, I enjoy pointing out the glaring racial generated hypocrisy.

Mugabe and Zimbabwe has survived this kind of stuff for twenty years--along with droughts
and manufactered opposition forces.
Thirty days after they do just phase one of their schemes to a Caucasian Nation, it all but falls apart.

Belgium don't even have a government at all right now and they don't have a thousand
different alphabet agencies working 24/7 to divide them. They are still so divided
things will probably get heated soon.

Yet we never stop hearing how incompetent Africa and African leaders are.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Im very confused about this!

Lots of stars and flags, maybe for an interesting topic and some truth but basic spin by the OP

The use of the terrorism legislation is out of proportion

However:

• British Savers Have Millions "lost" in Icelandic Banks.

They are Here

• Some Local government Pay Packets, Essential School, Hospital and Social care Budgets for next Q's and Years are Wrapped up in IcelandicBanks!

Wiltshire County Council may only get back one third of the £8 million that it invested in an Icelandic owned bank that has collapsed.

• [color=#FFFF33]Iceland Cant Pay Those Deposits In The Banks Back If asked by the Depositors.

The Darling-Mathiesen Conversationbefore
    Britain Used the Anti-Terrorism Legislation against Iceland
    The day after this conversation British authorities froze the assets of Icelandic banks in the UK by invoking an anti-terrorism legislation. According to Icelandic newspaper Morgunbladid on October 9, this conversation is what sparked the actions of the British authorities, based on information from their sources in the British Chancellery.
    From Icelandic Sources!

Mathiesen: Hello.
    Darling: Hello.
    Mathiesen: This is Árni Mathiesen, Minister of Finance.
    Darling: Hello, we met a few months ago, weeks ago.
    Mathiesen: No, we have never met. You met the Minister of Trade.
    Darling: Alright, sorry.
    Mathiesen: No problem.
    Darling: Thank you for taking the call. As you know, we have a huge problem with Landsbanki, we have a branch here, which has got four billion pounds worth of deposits and it has now been shut and I need to know exactly what you are doing in relation to it. Could you explain that to me?
    Mathiesen: Yes, this was explained in a letter we sent the night before last from the Trade Ministry. Since then, we have set out a new legislation where we are prioritizing the deposits and where we are giving the FME, the Icelandic FSA authorities, the authority to go into banks, similar legislation to what you have in England, and the Landsbanki is now under the control of the FME, and they are in the process of working out how to do these things, but I think this legislation will help in solving this problem.
    Darling: What about the depositors you have got who have got deposits in London branches?
    Mathiesen: We have the insurance fund according to the Directive and how that works is explained in this letter and the pledge of support from the government to the fund.
    Darling: So the entitlements the people have, which I think is about sixteen thousand pounds, they will be paid that?
    Mathiesen: Well, I hope that will be the case. I cannot visibly state that or guarantee that now, but we are certainly working to solve this issue. This is something we really don’t want to have hanging over us.
    Darling: People are asking us already, what is happening there? When will you work that through?
    Mathiesen: Well, I really can’t say. But I think it is the best thing that the FSA be in close touch with the FME about this to see how the timeline works out in this.
    Darling: Do I understand that you guarantee the deposits of Icelandic depositors?
    Mathiesen: Yes, we guarantee the deposits in the banks and branches here in Iceland.
    Darling: But not the branches outside Iceland?
    Mathiesen: No, not outside of what was already in the letter that we sent.
    Darling: But is that not in breach of the EEA-treaty?
    Mathiesen: No, we don’t think so and think this is actually in line with what other countries have been doing over recent days.
    Darling: Well, we didn’t when we had the problem with Northern Rock. It didn’t matter where you saved money, we guaranteed your savings.
    Mathiesen: Well, yes, that was actually in the beginning at least debated. I am sure you cleared that up in the end.
    Darling: The problem, I do understand your problem, the problem is that you have people who put their money into a bank here and they are finding that you have decided not to look after their interests. This would be extremely damaging to Iceland in the future.
    Mathiesen: Yes, we realize that and we will be trying as we possibly can to make this not a problem. We are in a very, very difficult situation ...
    Darling: I can see that ...
    Mathiesen: ... and just this week, since we can’t cure the domestic situation we can’t really do anything about things that are abroad. So we must first deal with the domestic situation, and then we will certainly try to do what we possibly can, and I am personally optimistic that the legislation that we passed last night will strengthen this part of it. And we, of course, realize what could happen and don’t want to be in ...
    Darling: yes ...
    Mathiesen: but the point is also, Chancellor, that we have for months been trying to talk to everybody around us and trying to tell them that we were in trouble and ask them for support and we have actually gotten very little support.
    Darling: I understand that, but I have to say that when I met your colleague and these others, basically, what we were told turns out not to have been right. I was very concerned about the London banking position and the kept saying there was nothing to worry about. And you know, with the position we are now in, there will be a lot of people in this country who put money in and who stand to lose an awful lot of money and they will find it difficult to understand how that has happened.
    Mathiesen: Well, I hope that won’t be the case. I wasn’t at the meeting, so I can’t say ...
    Darling: Well, I know that. Can you tell me this, if the insurance fund you refer to, does it have money to pay out?
    Mathiesen: They have some money, but as is with most of these funds, it is very limited compared to the exposure.
    Darling: Yeah, so you don’t know. See, I need to know this, in terms of what I tell people. It is quite possible that there is not enough money in that fund. Is that right?
    Mathiesen: Well, yes, that is quite possible.

Iceland Review

Enough said?

• [color=#FFFF33]Icelandic Banks Used Some of The Highest Banking Leverage Ratios In Europe

Speaking generally about Iceland's financial system, S&P wrote:
    "Due in part to banks' financing of their own rapid expansion abroad as well as that of several local entrepreneurs, net external debt of the financial system has risen to 362 percent of current account receipts in 2007, from 161 percent in 2003."

"Domestic credit to GDP, meanwhile, has risen to over 384 percent from 130 percent in the same period. These are among the highest ratios for rated sovereigns," S&P said.

Reuters SEPT 2008

So if as is probable all of this is the result of the recent Bilderberg meeting, or not, the response is expected, and normal.

Op please?

And a Flowering of stars and flags?

Deny & Not Reward Ignorance?

Kind Regards,

Elf
BB redwine and spelling ElfEdit

[edit on 24-10-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by full997

You are forgetting one think...

We are all humans.. our country is planet earth. It doesn't matter if your in England or in France ...
This isn't a war between countrys... this is a war between "them" and us.

It doesn't matter if your in England or any other country. This isn't about recession... depopulation is the correct word...

This is the beginning of supression... they are starting by taking down other countrys ... but they will come to your door after that is done.
They will reduce the world needs of resources... to do that they need 0% grows from now on... in fact at correnct levels of consumption we will survive 25 years. maybe 30 years ... do you get it???

They are starting the big supression....

They will go for the money... banks ... markets will go down... countrys will start to fall as people get desperat that will take us to War all over the globe and soon very very soon home cleaning starts.

Everything you're seeing today will start going faster and faster and faster.. till the point that it will brake... after braking point it will be impossible to stop it. All the way down...

I do hope I'm wrong about all this... but after some math... I don't believe I am.
Do it yourself..... use your computer to do some math calculation and we'll talk after your done.

This is old .... see it and think about it.... Do you feel lucky ??

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Oah, I see. You think this all happened by accident or mismanagement and there was a decision made because of this "serious situation" to win polls.

Trust me there are very few dumb people at the top of the power pyramid. You have to look beyond your "eye opening" statement. You have probably gathered that Mr Brown is at the very bottom of it - a puppet.

See, for those at the top it does not matter who is at the power - conservatives, labor, liberals...

All this was planned looong time ago.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastone
reply to post by full997

You are forgetting one think...
Snip

Exactly,

THINK

Calm down,

Maybe this as you say will pass, calm down,

"They" you talk about want, use, manipulate your Fear.

Against you, and to spread it to others,

Back on topic?

Read my post, add comment?

Kind Regards,

Elf.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by whiskeyswiller

People of Iceland are not evil and greedy. How many of them form all 300 000 people were in involved in banking sector decision making? How closed mined is to generalise that Iceland people are responsible for all this mess?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

Sorry...

But think...

Do you think that in England they didn't know that by taking down the Iceland maket ... banks.. economy ... it would cause the problems it did ???
They did... and that was the intention. If they need to take the Englishman money ... taxe payers money, what a better way to do it if not by blaming it on another country ?? Ask yourself this... who is going to pay for all the money they are giving to banks ?? Who is loosing money ..banks??
No..... the English people is... and that was what they wanted.
They cause the problem.... they blame it to another one (terrorist) or (Iceland) ... they give you the solution (as the only think to do after what those bastards did )...... and YOU go for it.

Open your eyes people... over and over again the same play and you still not se it ??

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lastone

Outstanding posts Lastone! I have done quite a few North Atlantic cruises while I was in the Navy and study history, to a lot of people this seems like a desolute area that no one cares about. But it could not be further from the truth. Some of the most hardy people in the world and a lot of resources.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by full997
If economic pressure really is a war then i make no appologies for hoping that my country wins.

As far as remembering what i wrote today, well if things turn bad then i will fall back on the old saying - "if you can't beat them, join them".

I am an Englishman in that i was born and raised in England and i am also a Britishman in that England is a part of Britain.
So i am both English and British.

Back on topic no matter what happens i hope that things work out for the best for both Britain and Iceland, but if it comes down to a choice of either Britain or Iceland come out on top and only one country can 'win' then i hope that it is Britain.

Sorry to tell you this, but you are not going to win. Nobody but the the string pullers will win if we let it get that far, that is if its not to late to stop!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastone
reply to post by FIFIGI

Sorry...

But think...

Do you think that in England they didn't know that by taking down the Iceland maket ... banks.. economy ... it would cause the problems it did ???
They did... and that was the intention. If they need to take the Englishman money ... taxe payers money, what a better way to do it if not by blaming it on another country ?? Ask yourself this... who is going to pay for all the money they are giving to banks ?? Who is loosing money ..banks??
No..... the English people is... and that was what they wanted.
They cause the problem.... they blame it to another one (terrorist) or (Iceland) ... they give you the solution (as the only think to do after what those bastards did )...... and YOU go for it.

Open your eyes people... over and over again the same play and you still not se it ??

You are absolutely right. Brits paying double - savings above certain amount lost and taxes they pay are transferred from their pockets to wealthy profiteers of banking sector.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by FIFIGI]

[edit on 24-10-2008 by FIFIGI]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
On top of this though:

Bad: Argentinia seized the citizens retirement funds! Riots will be bad there!

Really bad: Pakastan is going to be bankrupt. They are begging Saudi Arabia for free oil or hold off on paying and are pretty much out of operating capital. A violent crountry with nukes that is going down the tubes not good.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI

Oah, I see. You think this all happened by accident or mismanagement and there was a decision made because of this "serious situation" to win polls....Trust me there are very few dumb people at the top of the power pyramid. You have to look beyond your "eye opening" statement. You have probably gathered that Mr Brown is at the very bottom of it - a puppet.....All this was planned looong time ago.

Well evidently there are a lot of dumb people at the bottom of the power pyramid. Economics by and large cant be fortold, even economists who are geniuses cannot guess more than a month or so ahead of time, not even supercomputers can work it out, its like the weather, or any other complex dynamical system, so how pray tell have tptb managed it?

Just because investors, by their very nature, seek to exploit events to make loads of cash and take controlling stakes thru unethical ventures does not mean that they created or planned the event (for the most part), it is just opportunism and they are good at it. That is why they are rich, and we are poor.

Anyone who believes this was premeditated a long time ago, or believes this is a precursor to some global genocide, or a mineral grab for arctic oil, is frankly not a passenger on HMS Reality.

I can hear it coming... baa baa... sheeple

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Man_Versus_AntiMan

Originally posted by FIFIGI

Oah, I see. You think this all happened by accident or mismanagement and there was a decision made because of this "serious situation" to win polls....Trust me there are very few dumb people at the top of the power pyramid. You have to look beyond your "eye opening" statement. You have probably gathered that Mr Brown is at the very bottom of it - a puppet.....All this was planned looong time ago.

Anyone who believes this was premeditated a long time ago, or believes this is a precursor to some global genocide, or a mineral grab for arctic oil, is frankly not a passenger on HMS Reality.

It is up to you, of course, what to believe.

Not trying to look beyond what is going on and understand why we are told so much lies for me is childish. Government is transferring 500 billions from your pocket to wealthy bankers and you are calling names?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

I wasnt calling anyone names, i was waiting to be called a sheep for believing in rationality over irrationality, sorry if you got that impression.

We just cant look for evil intentions behind every single world event because all it does is makes people untrusting, paranoid and afraid. It snowballs into this NWO rubbish, its getting bigger and bigger and its gonna keep going until people get hurt rioting, causing civil unrest, or start selling up their houses to move to tibet.

World dictatorship is not coming people... chillax.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join