Iceland being enslaved!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
While i can believe in so much of the stuff that appears on ATS this is taking belief to a limit .As someone from the UK this has to be one of the funniest threads ever Iceland being enslaved not by the UK you are not if you believe that our government is capable of anything so devious or clever you really dont know much about this country at all.While there are serious economic problems in Iceland like elsewhere they are of your own making and any problems that exist with the UK can and will be sorted out in due course there are billions of pounds of UK tax payer cash stuck in Icelandic bank accounts that is why the UK has taken the actions it has i hope you see the lunacy of what you are saying and can maintain the ATS moto deny ignorance.

[edit on 24/10/08 by palehorse28uk]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse28uk

so which part exactly is wrong?

that we miss used laws to hold billion as a ransome?
that we lied about the money not having any protection so we held it ro ransom?

you tell us we will see what we can do for proof k?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If the money has protection why dont they just pay it all back to the people it belongs to and to the councils that have money frozen in Iceland i find it it ludicrous that people are making this problem out to be a far bigger problem than it is.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
okay enslaved in the literal sense might "sound" over the top. But break it down to it's simplest meaning and well it's not far off at all.

The same could be said for ALL of the people in the world who rely on credit and trade to make their economy work.

The difference with Iceland that aside from fishing exports, they rely almost entirely on IMPORTS. If they cannot get credit to import then basically they are enslaved by the fact that they will have to remain at the mercy of of those who control the goods and services they need to import...there will be many many years of debt on top of debt.

The way the world is designed with it's present financial systems, governments etc etc...we are all enslaved.

Iceland happens to small with an easily managed population...a captive audience as it were. Great testing ground me thinks.

All the politics and red tape aside this is a population of 30K+ that are gearing up for food shortages, fuel shortages, loss of work and loss of trade.

Politics aside there is a human population here that is about to suffer great hardships.

I would agree to a great extent that they are now in the role of guinea pig. Did Brown plan this?? Nah I don't think so...it happened fairly easily in Iceland because they are a small nation with very limited exports and trade appeal.

I have no doubt many people are watching the effects and learning a great deal.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hummmm that's intresting..

I can't stop thinking about Oil ... Greenland ... norht atlantic... and Isceland.

I just don't know why.... lol

What about the other side... hummm..

And what about this !!!

www.icenews.is...

Hummm .. nothing todo with it.. nooooooooo

Iceland in google map.

maps.google.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
A star for you last one...

Their chance at being a totally autonomous nation down the drain. Oil and Gas would have set them in the black on the markets...they are still a long way from it...if they can avoid IMF funding....

[edit on 10/24/2008 by justgeneric]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
In Iceland the banks as a whole were allowed to get into debt 6 times the GDP of the entire country as in the rest of the world poor regulation and irresponsibility has caused a world wide mess. And in Iceland as in the rest of the world who will be the ones to suffer for the folly of the elite, the people as is always the case.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
We have .. at the present moment.. A Global War.

We may not know it... but we do. natural resources.

We should all know basic Arithmetic..

Arithmetic for Dumm people like me ... see all 8 and you'll understand what i'm talking about.

"They know this... you should know it to"

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by seridium
Just more proof to the way USA and their allies conduct their affairs they plot and destroy such great things for their own gains #ers!!

Please do not lump the people of the USA in with this.

I don't appreciate your comment at the end either. I would never want to see anyone or country suffer.

Our government is not representing the masses here. The elite are doing what they want and arrogantly turn their noses up at the masses.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mean Red Spider
This is the most important thread on ATS. Something is afoot in the world. No one knows for sure what it is. Whatever it is, it's starting in Iceland. We need to all follow this story daily in the MSM and the alternative media.

i knew i started this thread for a good reason!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

you're right though - it's gotta start somewhere, and i highly doubt it would be in the U.S.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The state of Icesave was known for sometime by the British Government, literally since June, when a question was raised in parliament on the matter, wish i could find the exact question and questioner, but they knew, at the time it was 'ignored'. Yet local council money was still being moved into the bank as late as 29th Sept on government advice.

But then, i very much doubt this can be put down to any malicious commodity grab factor, Icelands biggest export by far is Fish, it has no oil or mineral deposits at all afaik. Just uk government stupidity really, just like when Gordon sold off most of our gold at a 10 year low in gold prices. Idiots.

As for all our cash (and yes most UK residents could be affected by council tax hikes because of this), i think the answer is very simple...

INVADE!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
My prayers go out to Icelanders, I hope this winter wont be to harsh on them. sign petition

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Don't be silly, Brown is a puppet - he is irrelevant - he is pushed on the stage, he is like a bad PR campaign for those at power - Brown has no power.

Iceland is an experiment of enslavement. Very successful one. You will see more coming.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I am an Englishman and i think that what we are doing is perfectly fine.
I am not a fan of the current Labor government however i understand the need for us as a country to protect our interests.
There was a potential in the begining that British people could of lost money in an Icelandic bank and so the British government did what it thought was necessary to protect our assets.
It would of set a bad precident if we had let the British people lose money in another countrys bank.
We had to do something about it and the freezing of Icelands assets was the option that was chosen.

It would be nice to see this situation resolved and in a way that best benifits Britain while also helping Iceland.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by isa75

Well... if you think pray is going to help ....you should pray for Iceland yes but also you and me...

Because you're at 11.59. Going fast to 12.00 at 12.01 they will start killing as many of us as they can... They will not let it go till 12.02.

As you can see .... not much time is it...??

Iceland... South America ...Africa etc..is just the beginning..

They need the space and resources now ... not us.

So if your gona pray do it for us all..............

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by full997

So are you an Englishman or a Britishman... it isn't the same you know...

From your post you must be a Britishman and not an English Gentleman..

Sorry ... had to say it....

Do not be offended ... it isn't my intention.....
It will come to your door.
when it does ...remember what you wrote today.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

I think once you look at the reality of British politics Brown is as much a 'puppet' of the people as he is of the international banking community. The decision to freeze icelandic assets within the uk was made with the polls in mind, and it was a good move because its helped move him up in the marginals. Your implication that he does not make his own decisions is laughable, it would be more accurate to say his decisions are based on keeping certain groups happy, including the public.

reply to post by Lastone

Yeah, as i said, Iceland doesnt have any oil or mineral deposits, just Fish, lots and lots of Fish. Fish are important, but not mass genocide important.

Sorry but i do not understand the point of your posts.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by Man_Versus_AntiMan]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Thanks everyone or keeping this topic running. This IS far more important historically speaking than the detractors may initially think.

When economic pressure is used as a weapon, it is no less a war. In the end, financial factors are being exacerbated to the detriment of millions. All for something exceedingly transient in the scheme of things.

As a sovereign nation it is amazing that Iceland has not simply reclaimed her right to produce and circulate her own currency, perhaps based on BTU's.

It is their right.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join