It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland being enslaved!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
There is a war going on in the north Atlantic, a one way war between UK and Iceland. It is an economic war that Gordon Brown started by using anti terrorist laws to freeze the assets of and Icelandic bank in England.

What you read about in the news is just the tip of the iceberg. High ranking financial people all over Europe have admitted that for many months Britain has pressured them not to help Iceland during the financial crisis, resulting in total collapse of the local currency and driving the Icelandic banks to near bankruptcy. Icelandic government had to take over 2 of the 3 biggest banks in Iceland because for months they had not been able to re-finance themselves.
The actions taken by the British PM after Iceland nationalized Landsbanki have been compared to kicking someone in the head when they are franticly trying to stand up.
By using anti terrorist laws to freeze all the assets of Landsbanki Gordon Brown has sent Iceland down the spiral to financial doom. It is not only the assets of Landsbanki in the UK that is frozen, it is almost all money transfers to and from Iceland.
Alistair Darling the British Chancellor then stated that Icelandic banks and Iceland would not guarantee the deposits of British savers in Icelandic banks, a blatant lie that resulted in the bankruptcy of the biggest bank of Iceland when everyone started to withdraw their deposits.
Alot of Icelanders have lost all their savings and pension and the country is facing a long winter more isolated than ever.

Now to the conspiracy part. As many know Iceland has abundant of natural clean energy from thermal and hydro power plants. With global warming and the melting of the Ice caps a race for the north pole oil resources has begun and Iceland´s location in the middle of the north Atlantic is likely going to play a big role when the oil companies begin their operations.

The UK has held Iceland in its claw for weeks now worsening the countries situation every day they keep assets in the UK frozen even though its been proven without doubt that the assets can easily pay all the depositors back. They even freeze the money British fish markets try to send to Icelandic fish sellers.

Now it is getting more and more obvious that they are actively trying to drive Iceland into poverty when the officials from the International monetary fund "blackmail" the Icelandic government to pay Britain more than 3 times its obligation according the the EEA-treaty, else there is no help from them to have. This will result in a national debt very close to 100% of yearly productivity, which basically means Icelanders and their childrens children will have to work like slaves to pay back the debts.

They put us on same side as terrorists and then they enslave our children, what next?

The people of Iceland is trying to fight back with the only weapon available, information and common sense, we hope this terrible act of the UK government and the powers behind the curtain will be showed to the world and we get support from as many as possible. If this goes on unnoticed then what next?

Please visit www.indefence.is for more info and to show your support to the Icelandic people.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I've been paying attention to this, and all I can say is, whatever you do, do NOT let the IMF bail you out, do NOT let UK bail you out. I've read that Russia is willing to help. If so, I'd be more willing to accept their help, but of course, due diligence is still required. However, Russia has gone through their own battle with the international bankers, and Russia needs help. I think they'd be more sympathetic and empathetic to your plight. Iceland is a strategic military location and like you said has lots of hard assets--fishing, energy, etc. The illuminati love to make you feel like you have nothing to offer and say they are the ones taking all the risk when it's quite the opposite. Tell them to go to hell.

[edit on 24-10-2008 by 1011010110]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
you forgot to mention the startegic importance of icelands location as well

with the freshly emerging russia bieng seen as a threat politcal control of iceland and its waters are of massive strategic importance on limiting russia's naval movments and access to the world at large

this also pans out in russia's actions offering to help out iceland with the equivalent of 4 billion pounds sterling

the actions of my goverment are a blatant miss use of terrorism laws(isnt every use of them) i hope russia comes through for you guys i dont think help from europe or america will be forthcomming till we get exactly what we want from iceland which i seriously dought will be a good thing for you

**dam you sneaked in there and said what i did maybe i should type faster **

[edit on 24/10/08 by noobfun]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
this is designed to force Iceland into the EU, which will bring mass immigration and dependence on the Illuminati.
It is quite easy for iceland to get out of this mess.
Make a printing press, and start using honest money.
But the corrupt elements in Icelands government will not do this, they are all manipulated, miracle they are not in the EU already, but they will be.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Update: The Icelandic government and IMF have reached some kind of agreement and there will be an press conference starting in 20 minutes, you can watch it live HERE

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Giving this a BUMP... and a link to a current report following the talks with the IMF. news story

Russia's offer hasn't panned out, and it looks like the IMF is Iceland's only option. I feel badly for the Icelanders...things are really tight over there!!!

I cannot believe that the UK is the only one stepping up to the plate?? I have to wonder where the Canadian gov is in all this?? Have they purposely ignored the situation? Or have they been "told" to stand off?

Have the other countries listed in the free trade agreement been asked to stand off as well, so that Iceland is forced to accept the first and only option of help from the IMF??

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by justgeneric
I cannot believe that the UK is the only one stepping up to the plate??

create a problem then swan in declaring itself the only way to fix it ... where have we seen this before

anyone got a few barrels of gunpowder they dont need ill buy the guy fawkes masks and travel tickets to london

sometimes i feel ashamed to be English and its rough its somthing i should and do feel proud of ... normally

[edit on 24/10/08 by noobfun]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Economic imperialism eh? I didnt think Brown was clever enough to engage in such activities.

In all fairness, Brown was trying to protect the members of the British public who had money in Icelandic banks. Whats perhaps most damning is that British councils had their money invested in Iceland!

We'll see what happens. I acknowledge that Brown's acts have been done with an iron fist though... he is going to brutalise any country in order to get money back to British citizens so that he can tax them!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Economic imperialism eh? I didnt think Brown was clever enough to engage in such activities.

In all fairness, Brown was trying to protect the members of the British public who had money in Icelandic banks. Whats perhaps most damning is that British councils had their money invested in Iceland!

We'll see what happens. I acknowledge that Brown's acts have been done with an iron fist though... he is going to brutalise any country in order to get money back to British citizens so that he can tax them!

Oh yeah!! How ironic was that? Infuse all that money to unfreeze the banks so that UK investors could pull out and then be taxed out the wazoo for doing so.

If anything it left Iceland in worse shape and the UK investors were first to pay for the privilege of watching a sinking ship.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
As an English man.

I feel disgusted for what our country is doing to Iceland.

Shame on us.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Feeling likewise.
People were more than happy to take inflated profits when the going was good.
Petition signed.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Tell that to the Welsh couple who lost a million pounds in Icesave, after spending a decade setting up a caravan site business and just having sold it.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer

Tell that to the Welsh couple who lost a million pounds in Icesave, after spending a decade setting up a caravan site business and just having sold it.

Nobody lost anything from Icesafe, the only ones loosing from this crisis is the people of Iceland. Dont believe what you read. All the savings are guaranteed and always have been but for some reason Brown and Darling created this crisis and I surely hope it was out of ignorance because if not, this is just the beginning of something huge that involves many more than just the British and Icelandic.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Iceland Lying??

Icesave went belly up like many other banks and there is more than enough blame to go around to those who should have seen this coming. Icesave could not honour it's investors.

To accuse them of lying about the state of their finances and citing Icesave as the as basis for that accusation is akin to kicking a dying dog.

There are a few good points to what the Chancellor had to say, however the people of Iceland are suffering the effects.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by justgeneric

Why would the Chancellor accuse the Icelandic trade minister of lying when the transcript of their conversation proves otherwise?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Just more proof to the way USA and their allies conduct their affairs they plot and destroy such great things for their own gains #ers!!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I know!! He claims one thing but transcripts say otherwise. not to mention invoking the Terror Act to claim assets!?

the UK Chancellor was given an approximation of how much each investor would be compensated...how does that equate to a refusal to compensate? It may not be the full amounts but it was what was previously agreed upon when the Insurance fund was set up.

It's a very curious thing. This isn't just a bit of spin...this is utter confusion!

to add transcript transcript

[edit on 10/24/2008 by justgeneric]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The IMF press conference has just ended and the agreement made with Icelandic government includes 2b $ loan from the IMF and 4b $ loan from "others" during the next 2 years.

The IMF people were very vague and did not really answer any questions from the media other than Iceland needed 6b $ to cover its debt for the next 2 years. They refused to answer if taxes would be raised and they did not know what other countries would fill in the 4b $ gap.

Happy now Mr. Brown?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Say hello to all those Siggies & Dottirs! I had Icelandic neighbors and know what interesting and friendly people they are. That said... may I add to the paranoia. My neighbors were... how do I say this... "significantly connected". They said years ago that Icelanders don't even want to come to the USA anymore because it is so "fascist... just like the Nazi's". Iceland ain't that big... 300,000 or so... that kind of sentiment probably reflects the general feelings of Iceland towards the NWO. Do you get where I am going? Iceland may have been targeted as too "tight/autonomous" and needed to be "cracked" so that the NWO could get inside your tightly knit society. You are now owned by "outside sources". Do you believe this to be by accident? Interesting that Russia stands up to NATO aggression in Georgia and may now be in the same economic predicament as Icelanders. Controlling the worlds economies is so much more effective than physically destroying a "rogue" nation by brute force. Icelanders..... I think you have been "had". Welcome to the "real world". You may never again feel "autonomous/Icelandic".

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This is the most important thread on ATS. Something is afoot in the world. No one knows for sure what it is. Whatever it is, it's starting in Iceland. We need to all follow this story daily in the MSM and the alternative media.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join