It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m Mad As Hell & Won’t Take It Anymore! What Chaps Your Buttocks?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Great thread Dave,

It really takes a lot to make me mad, however there is one consistent thing and that is when Police officers use there lights and siren to to go through intersections just so they don't have wait like the rest of us. I also hate it when state police cut me off on the New Jersey Turnpike just for fun.

Peace
Trustnobody

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

I really do agree with you on this one, Dave. When I go in to a theater, I always witness people opening their stupid cell phones and just stare at them, just like the stupid things are going to do some kind of trick!

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!

I'm trying to be really open minded but my wife watches the same things everyday.....The today show, followed by Regis and Kelly, followed by The View. Everytime I happen to get stuck in the house during any of those shows I feel like getting out the duct tape and wraping it around my head so that it won't explode. How is it that those idiots make so much money?

Then of course she has to rub it in by watching soaps and Ellen in the afternoon. I mean MY GOD! What have I done to deserve that? I'm a great and loving husband.

Hey Dave, how about a thread on what makes people really, really happy? Just a thought......

P.S. I won't even go into how agonizing it is to watch the University of Michigan play football this year!!!

[edit on 20-10-2008 by GeneralLee]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'm Really Irritated But I'll Keep Taking It Because I Have No Alterative

Or - what really cobbles my peaches

I barely watch network TV other than sports any more because there's rarely anything on that doesn't make me want to throw something at the screen.

When did our society suddenly become a mass celebration of the terminally stupid? For awhile I could understand, if not appreciate, the carnival sideshow/traffic accident like component of what was on the "reality shows", but now these idiots actually have fans and parlay that interest into spinoff shows of their own. Not to mention the perverse interest in "celebrity" that manifests itself in celebration of people who are famous for being famous. No talent, no skills, no brains, just famous.

And these people presumably vote.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dave Rabbit
And as if almost cued on key, the entire couple of hundred folks or so stood up and began applauding. Intermingled with the applause were yells of ”Cut them off or leave!” It was an amazing moment to be sure. With that, the group got up and began quickly exiting the theater to the thunderous applause of the audience.

I love ya Dave.. I really do.

But that was complete fantasy. There are a lot of holes in that statement.

1. There will never be a time when an entire audience is annoyed by the same thing you are.
2. There will never be a time when it is possible an entire audience would be able to be annoyed by the same thing you are (proximity and all that)
3. There will never be a time when an entire audience is aware of your annoyance no matter how loud you shout it.
4. There will never be a time when an entire audience will feel the need to stand up and applaud for any reason.
5. Most likely the people who did not see the cell phones or texting or whatever.. would believe YOU to be the rude one.. yelling at the top of your lungs during a film and all..

and most importantly...

Ignorant people who do things like this at a Movie theatre are NOT ITIMIDATED by a “crowd of people” getting up and telling them to leave, in fact in probably 100% of the cases they will shout obscenities at you for your efforts.

And the shake your hand thing.. I’ll let that one go.

Like I said, I love ya.. and I agree with the rant 1000%, but this is pure fantasy, what writers write when they want to express frustration
You sure you didn't fall asleep?

What Chaps my Buttocks??

I forgot to ad that what bothers me is the allowed hypocrisy of democrats and liberals.
They talks all day long until they are blue in the face about hatred, bigoty, ignorance, and intolerance.
When it comes to the subject of republicans, conservatives or anyone else who does not agree with their views it's suddenly OK to be hateful, bigoted, ignorant, and intolerant.

I get it that my side (conservative) can be a massive bunch of pricks, I get it that we sometimes do severely stupid things and I also acknowledge that my party has way too many religious zealots (I am an atheist). But what I do NOT "get" is this constant ignorance of how liberals act and conduct themselves.

In the same sentences that they are crucifying a republican for being an evil baby kicking intolerant bigot they use the very same hateful words they decry hateful ignorant and bigoted.. WTH??

How is OK to put aside you well-known "principles" and "tolerance" when you are referring to conservatives?
It kills me to see McCain faked his torture posted by the VERY SAME people who whined and moaned about "swift boating".
Eye for an Eye? Then don't [snip] about it in the first place if you'll stoop to the same level.

It’s also the "has to be fraud" attitude toward every election now.
in 06 the dems swept.. no one said a peep about fraud but BEFORE the 06 midterms every other post was about how the republicans and their personally programmed Diebold machines were going to steal the elections and sweep!
If a republican won, fraud was brought up.. It’s the new excuse for losing.. "Must be fraud"

Then we have the "if you don't accept it, you must be a bigot" reasoning.
WTH?

I have to "accept" the gay lifestyle to not "hate" them? to not be a bigot?
Does that means that every vegan is a bigot toward meat eaters? Should we have a march?

Also, the constant assumption that all conservatives must be morons to not vote for liberals.

WHAT?
we are all of a sudden southern rednecks who don't know better.

Only liberals are "smart" now.. as if all of a sudden every dem were Einstein rivals....

WTH?

I am sick of the two sides, seriously.
I am disappointed in my party for sure but the liberal side, I am thoroughly disgusted by.

Just for the record.. I don't "hate" liberals and as far as I know.. most of my conservative friends don’t either, we just think you'll all misguided.. I wonder what you feel about us..

Never mind, I don't really wonder.. It’s pretty evident.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by gormly]

[edit on 20-10-2008 by gormly]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I Am Mad As Hell & Will Not Take It Anymore!

Soccer players,i live in Europe and this is for whatever reason a popular sport.
They all think they deserve the ridiculous amounts of money for running after a ball,which they can hardly get in the goal.
The soccer fans who go and watch this crap for 90 min without seeing anything else than big kids falling and pretending to be hurt,most of them are very bad actors but would get an Oscar for it mind you.

Brings me to the next useless bunch of morons...Hollywood/soap opera actors/actresses and it's followers(there are few i actually can stand).
They get praised as Gods ,they get too much money,get meaningless awards in overhyped award shows,appear every other day on some gossip tabloid,wining about how much they're life sucks.
The people who buy these gossip magazines just to keep up with the latest news on everybody in it,then sit before the tv and don't miss one second of there favorite soap opera's...

White European kids who dress and act like rap musicians.
People who stop you in the middle of the street to ask you questions or try to sell something.

I could go on but i would need too much space...

Thanks Dave for this thread...

[edit on 20-10-2008 by thethirdofthestorms]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

congradulations on being the only one in there with a backbone.
I have one incident that had me so frekin mad I could eat ball bearings and crap B Bs. I run a small business and have a phone. So of course I get the usual telemarket phone calls. I usually try to at least be nice when I say no as I am sure these folks are just trying to make a living too. Well I get a call about a company wanting to sell me a website and only charge me $30 a month on my phone bill. I declined as I already have a website. They had asked me a few general questions and that was that. Two months later I actually pay attention to the phone bill and see that there is a $30 charge on there. I called the company that was listed and they informed me that the charge was authorized by someone in my company. Now that would be a pretty neat trick seeing as how I am a one man show. I asked for proof and they played a recording of me answering their staged questions. They just took sound bytes of my voice and inserted them into their recording. I am glad they were on the West coast as I probably would have traveled up to 1000 miles to kick someones ass. I ended up threatening them with a lawsuit which I had already found out would be pointless and they stopped any future charges. The fact that they had the nads to try that blew me away. I switched to vonage and now don't worry about my phone bill. I really would have preferred the ass whoopin but you get what you can.
I feel better now.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

As I said...... it was an amazing experience. Since I don't have x-ray vision in a darkened theater..... not everyone joined in I'm sure, but the cat calls and applause was not a dream.

Next time you are in Dallas, let me know and we can go to the Firewheel together...... I'm sure there will be more idiots.

Dave

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This thread was due. Good on you Dave for starting it.

Okay, here goes:

I'm Mad As Hell and I'm Not Going To Take It Anymore!

My first beef is about people who park where they darned well shouldn't. I live in Prague, an old city in the European style with lots of narrow winding streets in the downtown area that wasn't ever designed to deal with masses of modern traffic. For that reason, we have places where parking has to be restricted, so that in the event of an emergency, fire trucks and so on can get access.

A lot of drivers here don't give a damn about that. They just ignore the "No Parking/No Standing" signs, park their cars and head off to who knows where for Lord knows how long. Actually pointing out that they're illegally parking normally gets you either a dull glare or a mouthful of abuse, or the classic excuse "I'm only going to be a few minutes!"

Idiots! The sign doesn't say "No Parking, No Standing (but if you're only going to be few minutes then go right ahead)". It just says NO PARKING. NO STANDING. You'd think that was clear. I've tried pointing out this fact a few times but no success. They literally DO NOT CARE! In the narrow street in the middle of town where I teach, we have three schools, two small hotels, two bars and a restaurant. All within about 100 metres. (100 yards or so.) If we have a fire in this street, most days it will be IMPOSSIBLE to get a fire truck through. CHILDREN COULD DIE and these ignorant "I'll-only-be-a few-minutes" drivers just don't GET it!

So that's one beef. Another also relates to parking, namely parking spaces reserved for disabled drivers or the vehicles they ride in. Like, we have one out the front of our apartment block. My wife is disabled and after two years of dealing with the bureaucratic pool of quicksand called City Hall, they finally stamped all the right forms and gave us a place for the car so she could be guaranteed that she wouldn't have a long walk every time we needed to go out. The space is marked out, it has a "wheelchair" sign painted on the road, it even has a sign right there with our car's registration number on it. We had to pay for the marking ourselves but they paid for the sign, but okay, at least they finally got it done.

Okay, so normally when we come back from somewhere the space is still free. All our neighbours know and they respect it. But sometimes when we come back there's an unknown car parked in our space, right next to the sign! This happened yesterday. There was a football match at the local stadium just down the road, so someone saw the empty space and took it.

Well, I waited till the match was over and went downstairs to have a word with the car's owner upon their return. The guy finally showed up and as he unlocked his car I asked him if he realized he was parked in a reserved, disabled parking space. (The following was in Czech so I'll translate...)

"Yes, but it was empty," he says.

"It's a parking space, not a grave for old cars. Naturally it will sometimes be empty."

He shrugs. "So? I wanted to see the start of the match."

"Then why not arrive earlier and find a space to park legally? Like other people do?"

He was not impressed. "What's your problem?"

What I told him is not printable, but in short, I let him know that (a) he was an arrogant so-an-so, (b) would he mind if I parked in his driveway, just because it was empty? and (c) he was darned fortunate that I didn't just call the cops to come and tow his car away. (And yes that option was open but I've only used it once, when someone left their car in our space for a whole week!!)

Okay, some might think it's all nothing. "Oh, your poor little parking space, oh diddums..." If you think that, well it's your right but don't expect me to change my opinion. Bear in mind that one day you might need one of those spaces at the shopping center or in downtown or near your home, for yourself or someone you love. Just try walking along an uneven sidewalk in an icy winter when you have a pound or two of surgical steel in your leg joints, terrified that if you slip you might never walk again. My wife has had to suffer that fear and she's not the only one. Bear in mind that effectively blocking a narrow road so emergency vehicles can't get through could result in people dying and they might even be people you love. Or it might be you personally.

I'm talking about common sense -- though that's an oxymoron if ever I saw one. The fact is, this arrogance on the part of some drivers who think they have some God-ordained right to ignore signs and park where they please and when they please and also drive at any speed they please because the law apparently doesn't apply to them -- well I am SICK of it! It's a symptom of a larger problem and it seems to me that it's just getting bigger.

That'll do for now. Thanks, Dave

[edit on 20/10/08 by JustMike]

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
"I'll Tell Yeh What Gets My Panties In A Bunch!"

Where to start. . .
American's who call football ,soccer!
Body builders who wear shirts that are too small for them! Why do they do that?
People who refer to themselves as, one. "One wouldn't usually but I'm going to anyway. . " Arghhhhh!
Little old ladies who just step off the kerb into traffic! Madness. . .
Why do you only get an itchy bum when you're in a crowd and can't scratch it? Is it just me?
The French! I'm not going to insult you all by saying why. You should already know!
Politicians! Don't vote, it only encourages them.
Breast implants! Why would women do that to themselves?
Nasal hair! At what point did god almighty think it would be a good idea to shove a forest of nasal hair up the average guys hooter?
Men who wear wigs! You're bald!!! Get over it. . .
Dayglow orange air hostesses who talk in that annoying way. "Helllllooooo, my names Mannnndyyyy. Enjoy your flightttt!"

God that feels good to get that off my chest.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
mmm, my pet peeve? I have many of them.

Bail out, presidential campaigns, adult bullies.

For a start.

Companies that make products that are made to NOT LAST, so that you spend $1000. on a TV, two months later is breaks down, and the retailer shrugs their sholder and says they can't do a flippin thing because you chose to not spend 150+ or a lot more for insurance on the item.

What do I say to that? Sell items that are made to last more than just a few months, and you won't have customers returning who feel like they got shafted and then yell at you.

Add to that, the fact that we pretty much have a "throw away" society, nothing is made to last anymore, and cost a lot more money. Meaning I now understand that no matter how much I spend on an item, and even if I choose the "top" product, I had better buy that insurance, because you just KNOW that it will break down right after the 30 or 60 or 90 day warranty.

mmmmm, people who do not have children who judge you on your actions with your children. People who make snap judgements about others without understanding the "full implications" of a situation.

For example, when my daughter was about 7 months old my dad had a heart attack, I flew to where my family was living with my daughter. I was in tears and worried about my dad, my daughter was having a really rough time on the flight, and I was trying everything I could think of to calm her down. (I also happened to be a first time parent) She was crying pretty much the whole way as was I. I remember people glaring at me and my baby, even a few who made comments "why don't you do something", like I was purposefully causing my little one to be upset and cry, no one cared that I was crying too. No one offered to assist me. All they could do was glare and make nasty comments to me. What happened to compassion in this world?

I completely abhore abusive parents.

People who constantly blame others for what is taking place in their lives. Like alcoholics or drug addicts who just can't seem to do anything that does not involve causing harm to someone else while blaming the other person.

The way my family (brothers, sister) treats me, as if I am subhuman, that my opinions, hurts, happiness, wants and needs are secondary to theirs. That when they realize I have an interest that all of a sudden they all jump in and claim it as their own.

The way they change things around to always make it seem as if I am the one to have done something wrong. For example, several years ago my sister became very depressed and suicidal. Things got really bad and she ended up in the psych ward at the hospital.

Her children kept coming up their and causing a huge scene resulting in the physicians refusing to allow her children to come see her. I was the only one allowed to visit with her, and I was even given "custody" over decisions in regards to her.

A couple weeks ago I was visiting with my family, multiple friends were over. My neice (who was refused admittance to the hospital over her treatment of her mom) was telling everyone how she spent days and days up at the hospital "taking care of her mom" and how she was the only one who would go and see her mom.

Leaving those who were not aware of the true situation looking at me as if I were cruel and heartless. As I try to keep the peace, I did not say a word about the truth of that situation. I ended up walking away, getting my things and leaving.

My sister who was sitting right their just nodded her head not standing up for what I really had done for her, kept her safe, took care of all her financial situations while she was in the hospital, got her set up on disability and spent months taking care of her while also having her come live with me till she was better.

I don't know why this made me so angry, it was just another day in the life of my siblings and their children s treatment of who I am. No, I really don't want people to go around patting me on the back for loving and caring for my sister, what I also don't want is for situations to be completely turned around and me turned into the bad guy in the situation. Which is constantly taking place, always has and I guess always will.

So I guess I have a lot of pain, sadness and hurt involved as well as being angry.

IM NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE! I will refuse contact with my family in all instances that will create more pain in my soul.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What really burns me is the new workmans comp laws,I was injured a few years ago,sustained major damage to back,foot,ankle,neck,arms,hands etc,I hired an Atty at the Insurances agent said I had better,before being injured never spent night in a hospital,I was finally hooked up with a good Dr,now new law was enacted and now the Insurance can hire their own stooge,so now their Dr said that there was nothing the matter with me and that any injury I had was the result of old age,when asked why he made a eronious report he turned around walked away,so now I'm facing possibly 200 k in surgeries I will have to pay out of my own personal finances,and to make matters worse tried to apply for Soc Sec disability,they say I'm injured but denied benifits anyway,so I payed into SS since I was 16thats almost 40 yrs,so now I'm screwed,so here is one for WorkmansComp laws,now I know why people snap and go on rampages

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What really pissed me off was CHASE.

They sent me a teaser saying I was pre-approved and all that. This was for a balance transfer. I have 2 large credit card bills I wanted to consolidate into one, and the zero percent for a year would allow me some time to recover some funds.
But I wanted ALL of it transferred, not part of it, if it was going to be a partial transfer I didn't want it, because I'd then have 3 credit card bills instead of 2.

By now I'm sure you figured out what happened. It took a while for the transfer to go down, and I almost forgot about it. They transferred only part of it, and I didn't even realize it for about a month. I wanted to cancel it but had no idea. My wish was for a full transfer. Anyways I called them, and told them I didn't want part of it transferred etc, they said to have the other cc company buy it back. Long story short, my failure to pay this zero percent interest card in the hopes of cancelling it, has stained my rating and invoked a 23 percent interest charge on the once zero percent balance.

I'll probably have to contact a credit repair business to help, but now I'm really stressed money wise with paying 3 cards now, and I'm not happy at all that I could not reverse this transaction.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
*clap*

I'm glad that there are still people willing to stand up for what they think is right. Movie theater etiquette has become nonexistent now a days. I often times find myself telling people to be quiet when I visit the cinema. Which isn't to often anymore for these very reasons. I actually had a friend start text messaging, with his sound on, during a movie. I told if to turn it off or I would destroy his $300 phone and make him walk the 30 miles home. Mean, yes, but then he knew how I was and make no acceptations for lack of respect or courtesy.

As for what chaps my buttocks.

TAILGATERS.....

Not only does this endanger the lives of everyone around the person, but its illegal. I have seen signs saying up to a $300 fine for it. In the big cities I tolerate it more because of the amount of people on the road in general. Although I live in the country somewhat and often times it is just me and the tailgater on the road. The way I see it is if I am driving to slow ( usually 5 mph over the posted limit) then A
pass me or B
go and fight to get the speed limit raised. Either way get off my arse.

There have been a few times were I have confronted tailgaters and asked them what their hurry was and why they did it. I usually get a deer in the headlight look and a stupid answer like "I don't know" or "you were only doing 40 mph (in a 30 mph zone)".

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
What also chaps my @#$#@?

This "government regulation" of television (yeah sometimes I watch for my local news/weather). The Digital Television Transition...we will have to pay for cable to get any channels. I will refuse to get this, and will no longer be able to watch my local news. I refuse to pay for the chance to watch stupid commercials.

This just irks my beautiful cheeks.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I would say, for me, it is the perpetual preoccupation with the "Big Picture" like the national politics, global politics, etc..

The option to change starts with looking at ourselves and our spiritual welfare then our family then our community then our county then our state and only then, maybe there is time to look at the national. The truth is that a community doesn't have to play be federal rules and neither does the state. If people would run for office in their community, county, state they could fix a hell of a lot. For example become a mayor then you can write articles in the city newsletter about what's going on and get around the press. If or when the press does it's yellow journalism thing counter in the city newsletter or send an email or mail to the residence. Put stuff into the city website. Demilitarize your cities police. Get ride of fluoride, challenge the microwave towers, investigate or implement a barter currency, network with neighboring communities, etc., etc., etc.. We are so brainwashed by thinking if we fix the fed "they" will take care of us. No! We have to take care of ourselves from the inside out.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I Am Mad As Hell & Will Not Take It Anymore!

now for a really one. lol, however i still dont like intolerance...

I guess im with you on this one dave. I absolutly cant stand people who arent considerate of others. I try so extremely hard, and go out of my way to please others, even without them knowing.

For example, If someone, lets say, was playing music in the other room, and I was watching TV or something that involves alot of sound. i would bring down the sound of the TV so much that no one in the house would even recognize its on but me, just so others could enjoy their time.

However, it really pisses me off when so many others, or just about everyone for that matter, does the near opposite. Not intentionaly trying to anoy me or others, but simply making their presence soooo noticable and not seeming to care. "i want to listen to my music, i dont want to hear what your doing *turns up music*".

I Am Mad As Hell & Will Not Take It Anymore! again...

Another thing is hypocritical people. oh man. I have a horrible memory for names, absolutly horrible. but i will definetly remember what you stand for. If something comes up in a conversation, even as mild and simple as "i hate it when people do _____" or "i dont like _____" and days, weeks, or months later, i see you doing what you said in the past you disliked, it just drives me crazy! No one seems to stand by their word ever.

Because i dont like when people do that, I myself try and watch whatever i say, type or think, soooo carefully that it could be impossible to find me being hypocritical.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

American's who call football ,soccer!

haha..this just busted me up!

what should we call it?...

girlies runnin around kickin a soft rubber ball with their toesies...ball?

no offence! really!

ok.ok... how bout kickball? fair?

oh ya, thanks for the thread Dave

(sorry, sometimes I cant help it to be a smartass)

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Yes I am mad as hell and I won't take it anymore.

My beef is with people that know about the NWO and still refuse to do anything about it. They go about they're lives and pretend that everything is fine, and they get angry when you bring up something on the news(the Amero for example)

Wake up people. We have the power and its about time we got off our butts and get mad as hell.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

The same thing happened to me just last Friday! Is this a new thing with the kids as I've never experienced it before? I just gave the guy the 'eye of death' (which I'm pretty good at incidentally) and that seemed to solve the issue pronto!

What Chaps My Buttocks
What chaps my buttocks are people who wait until the last minute to pull out their cash at a Toll Gate, Mc Donalds Drive Through etc and spend forever fumbling for correct change. You know your going to be parting with your money anytime soon so HAVE YOUR CASH READY! GOOD GOD!!! You've had 5 minutes to get your a$$ motivated! Meanwhile everyone else's cars are chewing juice and heating up, sending their drivers into a rage of frustration. Car horns are beeping, people are cussing out of their windows and then the next person in the queue does the exact same thing!

Arghhhhh! Gimme that lump of wood! NOW!

IRM

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join