It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m Mad As Hell & Won’t Take It Anymore! What Chaps Your Buttocks?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Erectile Dysfunction Ads

I get it. I totally understand. Some men need this to keep their relationships on going. Fine. Sold me. But here's my beef (no pun intended)
....... I don't need a hundred reminders a day.

I'm sitting with my 5 year old grandson the other day. During the course of the show, there were 3 different ED ads. Out of the blue, he says "Papa, what is Erectile Dysfunction?". Great..... now what do I do. Well, I managed to get him satisfied with my response "You won't have to worry about that until you are Papa's age.". Whew.

Someone else mentioned about Advertisers. This is a prime example of when is enough is enough.

IMEO, of course.

Dave

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

Do you remember the advert with Pele? I bet he had no idea what he'd signed to until filming!

I agree with your post, my daughter quizzes me on everything now, nothing gets by her at all. Female sanitary products and creams are advertised on TV and I now keep the remote handy to avoid embarrassing situations.

"What's that Daddy?"

"Er, er, er...." click.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sendran
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

Do you remember the advert with Pele? I bet he had no idea what he'd signed to until filming!

I agree with your post, my daughter quizzes me on everything now, nothing gets by her at all. Female sanitary products and creams are advertised on TV and I now keep the remote handy to avoid embarrassing situations.

"What's that Daddy?"

"Er, er, er...." click.

Yeah..... I use to scoff (before ED ads) at women bitching about Feminine Hygiene or Time Of The Month products and telling them they were being too sensitive..... but now..... I apologize for every insensitive comment I ever made.

I can definitely see the difficult situations parents find themselves in with trying to explain what things are to children. I wish they would rule like they did Cigarette Commercials years ago and have them be something that is only allowed in magazines, etc.

By the way.... if I were Hugh Hefner I would be a stockholder of ED Products.

Dave

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
AMBULANCE CHASER ADS

"Have you had an accident,trip or fall that wasn't your fault? Call ambulancechaser.co.uk.

We'll guarantee to ruin someone elses no-claims bonus and get you a few quid after our HUGE legal fees are deducted"

I'm sorry,but if someone falls off a ladder that had been given 'THE WRONG KIND'.. Then I'd laugh in his face to begin with for choosing to go up it.

"Slipped on a piece of packing" Well,watch where your putting your FREAKING FEET"..

"Didn't see him back out in front of me".. Well if you hadn't been looking at the schoolgirls at the bus-stop in the first place you would have seen him.

It's great being skint.. no one sues you 'coz you've got nothing to take.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
So many rants, so little space....

I was thinking of this one yesterday. I am a surgical nurse, currently in cardiovascular surgery, but I've worked in general surgery too. When I go to interview a patient, I need to ask questions. This is for the patient's SAFETY, and it's a requirement of my job. I get all kinds of cutesy little answers, insults, belligerent/defensive behavior, stupidity, or just rudely ignored.

There are times when I can't get through asking questions because the patient has to break off and talk to their relatives or WATCH TV. Just let the doctor walk up, they get attentive, and act like (name that deity) just came in the room. Guess what Nut Head, the NURSE is the one watching out for your safety. I am the one watching the whole room while your surgeon peers into a hole in your body. I am double checking your monitors, the surgical field, the sterility, instrumentation, stage of surgery, time, temperature, the anesthesiologist, etc.. Can I have two minutes of cooperation from you? What you say, or don't say, could have a profound impact on your outcome.

I'll introduce myself and ask what the patient's name is. I HAVE to do it this way to make sure the person is aware of who they are, as some people aren't. The person may snap, "Don't you know my name? It's right there in front of you!!" Yeah, and don't YOU want to know that I have the correct Mary Jane Smith for a gallbladder removal instead of Jane Marie Smith for left leg amputation? A lot of people are involved in your visit, and we are all human. Just HOPE that I catch any mistake that was made.

Then comes the date of birth. Is this difficult? I guess so, because I get the same smart answers.

I'll need ask what procedure they are having done. I need to make sure they know what we are about to do. You may be thinking, there is NO WAY someone doesn't know what surgery/procedure they are having done. You would be surprised how many people say, THEY DON'T KNOW or they aren't sure. "The doctor told me to show up here, so here I am." We are about to cut open their whatever, ram a scope up somewhere, remove xyz, etc., and they DON'T KNOW??? Yup.

Now, in no particular order:
People standing in line to get food and they have this entitlement attitude that allows them to dictate every minute detail of the order. "I need more beans and put them just on the left side.... Oh no! I need more meat than that! Extra tomatoes in the middle...." Princess, stop holding up the line!! Why do you get more food than I do, but get to pay the same price? Order and MOVE.

People who have to chat up the cashier. Please spare the rest of us the need to share your deep concern for the cashier's personal life, and spare the details about your own. Speed dating is faster than this. Pay and get out.

Being told I can't have photos of my healthy, clean, vaccinated dog made in (large, evil retail outlet) because there is...gasp! a McDonald's in the same building, even though it's 75 feet away. The Quickie Medical outlet is there too attracting sick people like flies to a Happy Meal, coughing, feverish, snotty, puking, but it's my DOG that is a health hazard. How many times have you ever caught something from a dog? I'd rather kiss my dog on the lips than touch a nasty shopping cart handle!

Jesus freaks that fell compelled to hand me pamphlets on the public tram/bus and tell me all about how their belief in mythology has changed their life. Who cares?! Funny, no one ever tells me about Zoroastrianism.

People who don't read anything of any importance and/or think the MSM is telling the truth. The world is passing you by. You are 40 y/o and know what Paris Hilton is doing? Think about that.

Sex offenders/child abusers: food and entertainment for big cats.

This is is just the tip of the rant iceberg.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Oh - and another thing while we're at it...

People who gloat about getting things cheap / free - wake up people. You get things cheap because someone else, somewhere else foots the rest of the bill. Take George at Asda for example - you can get a pair of trainers for like £5, because they're sewn together using the labour of 4 year old hands in some third world country's sweat shop - not because George at Asda is doing the consumer a favour!!!!!

Also - and finally for me - people who claim benefits and have absolutely NO intention of EVER "earning" their income, well that is unless your idea of "earning" is lying on your back and popping tax credits... er I mean children... out. The state doesn't owe them a living yet some people seem to think it does. Nothing is ever owed to you, unless you've earned it and continue to earn it - it doesn't count in my eyes.

Wow - thanks Dave, I feel better after this thread, maybe the dreaded Monday morning will be easier tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
A List of Who I Rent Condos to (in My Mind):

1. Yuppies: who tend to be obsessed by outward accomplishments...their stock portfolio, their car becomes a status symbol, career arrogance, looking important while talking on a cell phone, 1.2 children and dog. They have the attitude of; "love me - love my spoiled child, and my bum sniffing dog!"

2. Racists, especially those who claim to be abused because of race and are themselves more racist than who they are pointing their finger at. Those who play the race card and scream -"slavery" while never having experienced it themselves, nor their parents, nor their grandparents, and very possibly; their great grandparents. I am not the least bit racist but can see the splinter that is very evident in many eyes, especially many of the so-called "victims." Before you rant at me, yes, there are real victims of racial abuse! I am talking about the manufactured - like in OJ's case.

3. New-agers who blame all human behavior on "EGO'S." Like the human ego is evil and must be put under control. New-agers who know almost nothing about psychology and flaunt this dictum like its bad. Then follow a leader who is so d#%n codependent that it becomes the blind leading the blind...

4. People who claim to love everyone!
Living in the land of tree huggers I see the hypocrisy daily!

5. Gullible people who follow the crowd. Those who are lemmings who actually believe everything they are told, especially by their political candidates, or their religious dictum's without question. Then get angry if you don't support their beliefs, candidates, or religion.

Gee thanks, I feel better now!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I have always thought about this and now that I have the chance, I don't know where to start.

Why do married people get tax credits when single people do not. My tax money goes the same place yours does, but it seems married people do not pay as much.

Incompetent arrogance. I could put up with some attitude if you are good at your job, but if you suck at it where do you get off being arrogant (social security admin).

Why do people who go to a religous leader (preacher, rabbi,etc) for pre-marriage counseling not have to pay as much for a marriage liscence as someone who does not.

Tailgaters. It is getting to the point someone is going to be eating my backtires when I slam on the brakes. Your time is no more important to me than mine is to you.

Lack of discipline. It really irritates me that I do not seem to have that drive I had when I was younger. If I did this list would be alot longer.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by capgrup

Why do married people get tax credits when single people do not. My tax money goes the same place yours does, but it seems married people do not pay as much.

You know what's interesting about this, even though I have been married on and off almost all of my adult life and have received the financial benefits it bestows, is that the Government seems to be pushing marriage with financial reward as the carrot. The more people that are produced, the more future taxpayers and soldiers that can be harvested.

Just a little conspiracy theory that I have seen a time or two over my 60 years.

Dave

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 19DCW71

19DCW71 I agree 100% just replace America with Australia and you have my thoughts exactly.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Dave;

I have actually thought about that myself; being somewhat of a contrarian(sp). Another thing that burns me is here in TN, we have billboards that say divorce is a sin, but I guess beating your wife is alright as long as you dont divorce.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
OH OH I HAVE ANOTHER ONE

People who drive with their damn signal light on for 15 minutes.

"Duuurrr I is too dumb to hear blinky noyse and see blinky laight in my cahr"

I keep asking myself...is this A-hole going to turn? BUT HE NEVER DOES. HE JUST KEEPS GOING WITH THE SIGNAL LIGHT ON. AND ITS ALL I CAN LOOK AT. THE SUSPENSE KILLS ME.

I hate it so much.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'm Mad As Hell and I'm Not Going To Take It Anymore!

People who talk on their cell phones while driving.

Six weeks ago, an 18 year old in a brand new Subaru he had just picked up at the car lot, invoice still in the window, turned in front of my Wife and almost killed her. She survived because she was fortunate enough to be in a large SUV with second generation air bags. My vehicle was destroyed. She could not sleep for weeks. All because this punk kid was more interested in calling everyone he knew than the lives of those around him.

He was yacking away on a cell phone and just cranked his wheel to turn into his driveway and traffic be damned. He was on a 45 mph Boulevard ignoring the road while calling all his Friends to come see his new car.

(Three eye witnesses to the event and the kid confessed to the truth after lying for the first few days. Luckily he had a good Father)

I have been run off the road three times in the last three years because of a person on a cell phone and now this. All three time, it was a middle aged adult in a new expensive vehicle, not a child. I've had enough. How many studies does there need to be before people accept it is equal to driving drunk. Hardly a day goes by I don't see someone completely engrossed in a heated conversation on a cell phone, driving like an idiot. Every time someone picks up their phone while driving they are a potential murderer. They know it is wrong, but they do it anyway.

I'm also mad as hell at the State for not doing anything about it. They just don't seem to give a damn. Three published studies have made their way onto the front page of the paper and yet they ignore them.

Ironically, a couple of months ago, I was driving down a major arterial and right in front of me was a State Senator, driving down the white line in two lanes at once, waving his hands and screaming at someone on his cell phone. I got his name and license plate number and he will hold a prominent place in a letter I'm working on to send to everyone in the Legislature and the AG's office.

When my Wife was nearly killed I reached the point that -
I'm Mad As Hell and I'm Not Going To Take It Anymore!

Remember, everytime you pick up that phone while you are driving, you are a pottential killer. Study after study has shown this is a fact no matter what you believe. Before this is over, cell phones will kill and injure more people than the current war, just like drunk drivers have. Just because you lie to that Cop when you have a fender bender and don't confess you were on the phone, it does not make you any less guilty.

If you talk on your cell phone and drive while your children are in your car
Hang your head in shame!

[edit on 10/19/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Great rant!! I totally agree! Star'd.

I refuse to talk/text/email on my phone when I'm driving. I always wait until I get to my destination, no matter how important it is. It's just way too dangerous. Traffic can change in an instant.

In my province, they were going to go ahead with a "no talking/texting while driving" law, but it was rejected because apparently it would be too hard to control. Needless to say I was a little dissapointed.

I hope you make some ground with your letter.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
You know what REALLY grinds my gears?

IGNORANCE

... and makeup
MAKEUP IS SOOOOO UNNECESSARY TO HUMANITY

[edit on 19-10-2008 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Boogley

Hi Buddy, I totally agree with you , I am sick of trying to pull out of somewhere , and every Car drives past you like you don`t exist! And they might even smile or wave as they pass you ,in your frustration! The ignorance of your fellow Man is inconcievable , and down right annoying at the most annoying of times! People are such Pigs, Don`t you think? Please whats going on, because I am Losing it with humanity and ther pig headedness!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
alright, back home from a motorcycle ride and am now going to post my version of
"i'm mad as hell and won't take it anymore!"

this is something that used to piss me off so bad that i would scream and yell at people when ever i saw it happen. (NOTE: i've since calmed down about it and stopped letting people wreck my day and steal my energy)

i get really bummed when i see smokers toss their butts out of their car window while driving. i know it sounds petty, but it's such a blatant disregard in the face of littering, and because where i live, our storm drains lead to the ocean. so all those little butts don't just get swept up by the street sweeper.

i know, people don't want their car to smell like cigarette butts, (but yet they smoke in their cars) -- i wish auto manufacturers would make a negative pressure ashtray that exhausted the smoke. -- hey, there's a million dollar idea.

i no longer get all "krabby patty" about it, but it used to drive me to confront people about it on hostile levels. now days i just blow it off...

#2 is the movie texting asshats. but dave covered that in full, so that's my 2 copper pennies.

oh yeah #3. people that speed up when someone signals to get into their lane.
it's just a person trying to navigate to their destination. STOP speeding up and creating a problem for someone people. grow up! we're all in this together.

that is all.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Got a couple more:
People who toss their fast food bags out of their cars, if I knew who does it I would like to dump a 2 week old big glad bag full of garbage into their car.

People who put UFO video's on the net and use the X-files theme as the sound track.
How original.

I'm feeling better now.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I drive all day, and my pet peeve is tailgating. Instead of just bitching I will tell you how to solve the problem. Just slow down. That is the motorcyclists' way, and when you are on a motorcycle tailgating is a particularly bad hazard, because cars and trucks can not stop as quickly as motorcycles. So just slow down. The closer they get, the slower you go. I have actually come to a complete stop once, and the guy refused to pass me, so I got off my bike and went and explained to him why I did it. He was a good sport and said that it had never occurred to him before that he was a tailgater. Of course, most people are not good sports, but it is particularly satisfying to look in your rearview mirror and see the veins popping out of tailgaters' temples.

So, some of you people who are angry over people driving too slowly, perhaps you were behind me.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I can't stand how college tuition increases every year for no apparent reason. Same classes, same material, yet it costs more?

The fee to use a credit card online went from $35 to around $60 in about a year. WHY??

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join