It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m Mad As Hell & Won’t Take It Anymore! What Chaps Your Buttocks?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Right...

1.Spitting in the street. For the love of! Why? Why do you feel it necessary to foul the pavement with your germs? It seems nearly everyone around here does it.
Taser the lot of them.

2.People in the supermarket who do not give you adequate time to pack your groceries.
Yes the checkout people are also guilty of this.
Taser these guys too.

3.Mobile phone users who carry on a conversation when they are paying for groceries. Honestly! The checkout guys are human too. Extend some common courtesy and engage.
Taser!

4. As number 3 but for personal stereo/pod users who refuse to unplug.
Yup, you guessed it. Taser!!

5. Anyone who I try to engage in conversation who will not remove their sunglasses. No eye contact; no talking. Simple.
Bzzzzzz!!

6. Users of public transport who utterly fail to observe common-sense approaches to usage. I could go on about this one. My particualr bug-bear... allow other users to disembark before alighting!
Taser these people all day long.

7. Road bullies. You know what, I don't care your sexual appendage is tiny. I don't care you were beaten as a child. I don't care you slipped on dog mess and fell on the cat this morning. Do not, I repeat DO NOT take it out on me!
Crush the car, with the driver still inside.
Then recycle it as a capacitor.

8. Idiots. Not the mentally bereft. Not those with a genuine handicap. I mean the stupid. Please hurry up and remove yourselves from the gene-pool before I have to do your work for you.

9. Having to rely on others to do what is expected of them. See 8. They're still here getting in your way right?
Just plug them all into the mains.

10. Anyone citing Political Correctness as a means of censoring my opinion. Politics is about debate and choice. You don't like what I have to say, then get the fudge out and go follow what ever band-wagon you feel like jumping on next.
Tasering's too good for this lot. Market square stocks!

That'll do for now. Off to calm down with a coffee...

[ninja edit... missing word]

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Nirgal]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Y'know what really steams my corn?

Someone staring a great "I'm mad as Hell" thread and having all the best rant scenarios taken by other posters!

Burns my biscuits, I tell you!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Oooooh there is so much I could write about, but in short:

- General rudeness and uncultured behavior and dress *everywhere*.

- Ill-disciplined children.

- People not minding their own business.

- Ever increasing government interference and regulation.

- Boombox cars. - Please, engineers and garage tinkerers, please invent a device to kill boombox cars - something akin to the key fob universal remotes the turn down the sound or turn off the power to TVs in restaurants and bars.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'm probably gonna get chewed on about some of these..

What grinds my gears...

1. People who turn their young, children loose in public places.

2. Cellphone usage in theatres.

3. text messaging while driving.

4. "Naturalists", who don't believe in deoderant, and quite possibly showers, who just love to go into public places for all the world to smell. I don't mind the smell of sweat, but I can't stand that never washed, pure nasty sweat smell..

5. The kind of person who is a total a**hole to other people, but come sunday morning, they're the pious perfect child of God.

I'll have to get a more detailed list tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
many years passed since "Network".

issues are the same,
good that phrases are not forgotten...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I am not reading every post!
...okay, I will but later

Dave, your story in the OP sounds exactly like something I would have done myself. For some reason I can recall just about every moment when I was a teen and had done something I kinda regret now...like making a fool of myself when asking if KFC sold live chickens at thier drive through...idiocy at it's best.

Now though, I could validate what I ignorantly did as just being a jester for my friends. Nothing that I have ever done was dangerous, nor annoying against another person. If someone older had a problem with something I did, my father taught me to listen because I just might be missing something...so I still follow those words today.

So about a month ago my wife and I decided to go window shopping at the stores a few cities away. My 6 month old began to cry and I knew it was time for a bottle. I had my wife pull in to the Walmart so her and my oldest could finish eating and I could feed the baby. I prepared his bottle, got out of the car, and walked around to sit in the back with him when I noticed 4 teens (3 guys, 1 girl) halfway across the parking lot. I would estimate the average age of all of them was 15. Suddenly, one of them said something, then reached over and grabbed the empty rack that holds the shopping carts and pulled it right in the lane. I waited a second and thought he might just be trying to show out, but would put it back. Unfortunately for him, this was not the case...

I yelled to them as they began to walk away: "What are you doing?"
Guy: "Oh, we were just playing."
Me: "I suggest you put it back before someone hits it."
Guy: "Okay, we will"...as they began to walk further away.
Me: "Do it now before the police get called and you are arrested for distruction of property."...as I began to walk towards them.
Guy: "Yeah, well, MAKE ME!"

The funny thing is this is how I always get into trouble. I believe what I am doing is morally right and with my best judgement, but often others disagree. So I make it over to them and step between the retarded teen and the rack. In a calm manner I ask the guy "Why not just put it back...someone can come along and hit it." Obviously I had offended the teen in front of his friends, and no sooner than I had gotten the words out of my mouth, the teen decided that I could use a good knuckle sandwich. Swing...

At this point you are probably thinking that I got nailed, or just beat him down...but he is a teen. No matter what I believe is morally right, I am usually wrong, and I would be morally wrong in this instance had I made this physical on my part. I kinda knew it was coming when I walked over. But it's times like this I am glad that my father taught me Martial Arts. The best advice he ever gave me was "The best way not to get hit is not to be there". So I would have to say that my quick side-step, and the kid hitting his face on the rack without any help from myself, actually got his friends involved with helping him up and putting the rack back in it's proper place.

So I look at it this way: There have been times when being aggressive in a situation helps out because it let's everyone understand your frustration, and often will scare people's stupidity away for a brief moment. However, there is also times when one can calmly try to handle something that is wrong, and have the problem solve itself. While the above situation worked out for me, someone still got hurt.

Had I not gone over, or just waited till they were gone and moved it back, would it have changed anything? Yes.

But why should stupidity be left alone and not brought out in public view?

(Yeah, I know, long story for something that happened in under a minute)

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

ALRIGHT TIME TO GET A LITTLE STEAM OUT and tks for the clever post Dave allowing us to get some things off our chest.

#1 I have experienced many times exactly the same thing Dave has and at times even worse scenarios so completely understand the movie theatre frustration. I enjoy the movies as well and my husband and I go quite often, cell phones popping has happened and is one thing (though very distracting) phone calls get to me even worse. I have had people sitting directly behind us, in front of us and next to us on phone calls trying to whisper thinking nobody can hear them but (LOUD ENOUGH) and in a movie it is a clear distraction for the immediate people around them. I am a patient person so I think to myself OK in a few seconds this person will hang up and this will be it and usually that is the case. BUT on some occasions...WRONG--There were a few occasions people were receiving multiple phone calls putting their head down thinking nobody could hear them and going on and on about work. You could just about hear their entire conversation.

If there are other seats available we usually just transfer and avoid a confrontation and headache but when there are none we will ask them can you please turn your cell phone off it is a distraction. From our experiences usually people listen and apologize but on a few occasions people would not and in fact were rude about it commenting like "This is an emergency call "Mind your own business" comments like that. So the only thing we can do is tell an usher about it and have them deal with it but after this happens some people are unbelievable and I won't even go into detail other than say we have had popcorn dumped thrown at us and my husband almost engaged in a physical confrontation on a few occasions because the ushers ended up physically making these people move and they were not happy about it at all. Swearing, threatening and foolish child remarks like I will see you in the parking lot buddy. Ridiculous, now how can you enjoy a movie with those kind of experiences. You really cant it ruins the entire movie so I feel you Dave on your experience and it's good yours turned out in a positive way.

Then there are the obsessive talkers that just won't shut up and the people who have already seen the movie and out loud vocally start telling who they are with what is about to happen next-- of course loud enough so people around them can also hear it and to our delight the movie is ruined . OH that pisses me off the worst but I won't even go there. You get the picture! I am mad as hell about the many inconsiderate people at the theatres. By the way we are very selective now on where we sit and observe those people sitting around us well in advance...LOL

#2 There have been times I have had to use a pay phone because I do not have my cell on me and someone outside the phone thinks they are GOD and I should hang up the phone so they can use it. They pound the booth if your in one or lift up their voice over your phone conversation. (hurry up I need the phone and won't stop.) COME ON COME ON, get off the phone I only need it for a minute. It's unbelievable, complete strangers demanding you get off the phone. Unreal, this has steamed me many times.

#3 Rarely do we eat fastfood but it does happen once in a while and I know these are simple mistakes nevertheless they can be frustrating. From time to time on a few occasions we will order something for take out via the drive-through and by the time we get home and open it up realize they gave us the wrong items. Ok a simple mistake perhaps but a frustrating one. Count your many blessings as they say, look on the brightside at least we have food to eat and a house to live in.

#4 I understand there are TWO SIDES of the story to the RETAIL workers who work in customer service. NOW I am someone who is very down to earth and fair and accepting but when you purchase something and the item does not work and you return it (AND FOR INSTANCE) they are out of stock of that same item saying SORRY about the item not working we can give you store credit for the item. You just purchased the item the day before and its over $100 item you have the receipt, you paid cash but they refuse to refund your money only give you store credit. WELL this is wrong and I usually will stand up and demand my money back because there is nothing else I need in your store but that item and the one they sold me was NOT WORKING, defected and they are out of stock supposedly at all locations or on backorder for those items. I am not willing to wait a few weeks I need the item right away. Customer Service: Smiles MAM there is nothing we can do I'm sorry but issue you credit. FINALLY after a long wait, a migrane headache and much frustration they cave in after I talk to the store manager and I later find out after relaying the story to someone else that the store trains them to deny refunds as a last resort but if someone is persistent enough they BY LAW have to cave in and give you the money back.

Exhausting for the customer, a headache, embarrassing and this is the kind of world we live in. It took over 40 mins of demanding and finally talking to a store manager and telling them if they don't refund your money you will file a claim with the BBB and report the incident because you feel this absolutely unfair as you paid cash just the day before and they sold you a defected item that they cannot replace. You took the time and energy which is a frustration in itself just to return back there to get a replacment only to be denied and you had to stand around the store 40mins in front of other people looking at you, raise your voice a little and demand a refund for $$$ that you dished out the night before and hard earned money at that. Let's forget about the time and gas money involved, that is part of life but it's the point of how you treat a customer. I realize that not all stores are like this and every return is different depending on the situation. Nothing against other customer service retail workers.

I AM MAD AS HELL...THE STEAM IS COMING OUT...lol

I suppose I could go on and on as most of you could but will leave it at that...Thanks for the opportunity of allowing me a little therapy. Maybe I will sleep better tonight...lol

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
this does it for me:

in texas, if you purchase a bible, you are not supposed to be charged tax. freaking state law. this does not include any other religious texts, just christian bibles. i do not think ANY religious books should be nontaxable, but to single out one religion, the 'preferred' religion and to give them a legal 'reward' of no-tax is just agonizing and wrong.

i work at a book store, and this one woman in particular was buying a bible on clearance for a dollar. at the time, we were having a 50% off sale, so she plopped that bible up on the counter, and i said, "hey, how's it going?" and she stated, "this is tax free AND 50% off." no hello, no what's up my friendly gent. just death via vocals.

she gave me a dollar. i gave her fifty cents back.

most of my "annoying-customer" stories come from people who are buying bibles or toting books from that plastic preacher man, joel olsteen. mainly it's just being rude, but there are always the gems that feel 'loving' enough to litter and leave their religious tracks/propaganda in the pages of the origin of the species or the god delusion for those pesky atheists to find after their purchase.

i'd have little beef with these religious people if they didn't shove their wonkytalk down my guzzard or act like i am worthless crap that does not deserve any sort of respect. not all religious people are this way, i know, but man, oh man, if you can guess what section of the store they are going to just by how they treat you...that's messed up.

also and finally

WHY DO PEOPLE STILL FEEL THE NEED TO CENSOR/BAN BOOKS?? i know i know...the CHILDREN...but come on. knowledge is scary...it can actually make you think, but there is still a misconception between reading and believing. everyone should read every book they want. get all sides of every coin. read every religious text. read about homosexual relationships. read about abortion. read everything. but DO NOT JUST READ the books that are about these things that specifically come FROM ONE particular viewpoint that tell YOU how YOU should feel about them. that is all but a bunch of bogus and bunk.

*edited for even more steamed thoughts

[edit on 19-10-2008 by banyan]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

I recently attended an intimate chamber music concert seating about 100 people and lasted about 2.5 hours, with the program consisting of Beethoven, Shostakovich, and a little Brahms for the finale. I came in a little after it started so I of course sat in the back, much to my dismay I had chosen a spot right behind a mother holding her 4 year old daughter who also happened to be looking over her shoulder directly at ME. Seeing the fear of the inevitable in my eyes, the daughter then proceeded to make as much loud and obnoxious noise as possible, not to mention chewing on a loud plastic cup, which her mother after attempting to take it away from the daughter and the daughter refusing her advances, proceeded to make even more noise than was before thought possible, warranting glances from as far up as the front row. I was sorely tempted to stand up and say, "JUST GIVE HER THE [SNIP]'IN CUP! WE JUST WANT PEACE AND QUIET!!!!"
But this wasn't your ordinary movie theater setting

Is it just me or do parents not discipline there children at all these days? My dad woulda taken me out back for a big wallop on the butt, I think that this can always be a good thing. Its gotten so bad we need to educate the parents now, not just the kids.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by PinealGlandThoth]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Lol... I already made buttons for the I'm mad as hell thing last week. Here they are... free to use for all members of ATS (outside of ATS please copy to your own server)

Anyway I'm mad as hell that people don't protest anymore. That they just tell me about things and say...:"well what can you do about it.... it's us against them and we can't win that". If we start thinking like that we've already lost the fight.

Every single one of us can make a difference. And the lot of us can make a huge difference. And we can start that by just letting everyone know we don't agree. Letting know we are not sheeps that follow but that we are people with a mind of their own. That we are a factor that HAS to be considerd.

Don't be the person that nods yes to everything... shout out what you have to say about it. Don't feel afraid to adress people's behaviour and decissions. We have become a society in which it is unheard of to tell people they are doing things wrong. We became so "civilised" that we don't adress issues any more because we feel it's embarresing. When was the last time you stood up in public and told someone their behaviour was out of order? When was the last time you yelled at someone:" hey you can't just do that"!

Stop being so damn "polite". Because all that's bringing us is a lame society that can't speak for itself anymore.

I'm mad as hell and I won't take it anymore. Use the buttons please and show you DO NOT AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

,My friend, how I empathize with your pain. But WOW does your story end with some kinda irony! It's almost worthy to make a short skit out of if you changed the dialogue enough to be a comedy it could work brilliantly.

Now obviously in real life it isn't even NEAR funny, it's outright infuriating, but on a web-skit or something I think it could get some REAL hits. It's relatable, which is why it works.

I hope the new job works well for you, I hope this reply wasn't insulting I CERTAINLY didn't mean for it to be. If it was I SINCERELY apologize. Certainly good luck in your future endeavors!

Love and Light.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ambushrocks

Wait wait, sorry for 2 posts in a row but I have vague issue with that. People DO protest, and profoundly! I only say that because I know people that have organized very LARGE protests, I can't say whetehr or not these protests influenced anything or not but I know that there are still many people who care enough about the state of things to do everything they can to make a difference. People still protest, i can promise you that. The media doesn't cover it as much, I think that's where it fails in a big way.

Trust me, there are still very massive protests that go on, I've been to them so I can tell you these exist. The reaction has severely diminished since many years ago, but they still happen. It's unfortunate that the results aren't made like they used to be.

I'm starting to lose faith in demonstrations...that kind of scares me honestly. Because if demonstrations and protests to hear our voices won't work...well...the next step up is a little frightening...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Taledus

I've spoken, like, at length, with teens like this while I was STILL a teen (I'm only 22 now). I know kids like that, and I just don't GET IT. I didn't understand it when I was a teenager, even at high school age. To be SO inconsiderate, to be SUCH a jerk. Why?

There's the answer of "oh, to fit in and look cool for your friends" you know, I understand trying to look cool for your friends but WHY be friends with people who will find something that like that to be "cool"? Because there's nothing cool about that. You look like an idiot to anybody above the age of 16 or 17, if the person is at least worth a damn.

It's people like that which make me sad for our possible future, that's why I plan on doing everything I can to make sure my kids know what respect for humanity, and respect for THEMSELVES is all about.

Wow I'm just going crazy responses to this thread...I hope people at least are interested in my responses!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
What Chaps My Buttocks?

Assumptions, and frankly I’m tired of putting up with them. I don’t want to take it anymore!

Or better yet I’m tired of what “assumptions” have become; assumptions use to be careful postulation or best guesses. At least that was my understanding of them. Assumptions now seem to be people assuming whatever they like about a person or situation based on their own narrow understanding of it or the person, and preconceived notions. I’m sure we are all guilty of this however I’m trying very hard to kick the habit. I wish the rest of the world would as well, because it is driving me crazy!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

WOW! You know I'm not anywhere NEAR being a parent, and sexually unable to be a mother, but as far as I'm concerned those situations are all just straight WRONG.

YOU are that childs parent, nobody gets the authority to speak that way to them except for YOU. YOU are the parent. I have no idea what makes people think they have any right to speak that way. You will decide how you will parent your child. That's why YOU are the parent of that child and NOT them.

It's amazing to me how many of these posts I actually have opinions about that I feel like I NEED to talk about...

...I think I'm gonna stop reading this thread now before I become any MORE obnoxious.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Yes, when I choose to whip my kids butt for being bad, the next prson who gives me a "your a bad parent look" is getting their face smashed in.
I tell ya, so many of us are so close to the breaking point these days.....Scary

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by stonespiral

Thank you for your reply (btw I love your avatar). I agree that people do protest as in demonstrations and marches and stuff, it's just that they don't seem to protest anywhere else. It's not that I want to generalise anything and I know there are people out there who dare to speak up but I don't see a lot of it around me any more.

For example; I live in the towncenter of Gouda (the Netherlands), for dutch understandings a fairly big town. I see people throwing bikes in the canals and nobody says a thing, I see people calling names to an old lady and nobody says a thing (even the police men that were standing just down the street!), I see people getting the most bad service at companies but keeping their mouth shut about it.

Maybe it's just a local thing... I don't know. But it makes me mad to see it. Things won't change if all this is being accepted in silence.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
First, anyone who has chapped buttocks I recommend Preperation H. I hear it does wonders for problems such as these.

Second, since Dave started this thread about annoying things in a movie theater, what really makes me go apesh*t is when I am at a movie with someone and they tell me their opinion of every frickin preview. It's always the same:

"Oh, that movie looks bada$$!"

"Eh, that looks OK"

"I can't wait to see that one!"

or my personal favorite...

"Did you just see that?!"

YES! I am sitting next to you in the theater, I paid 8 bucks to watch this movie, and the previews, I saw what was on the screen. NO! I do not care what you think about every single preview, we can talk about going to see the movie when it comes out.

Even worse, whenever I take a girl to a movie I leave wanting to never see her again. I enjoy watching movies, I don't enjoy staring at a movie then relating every detail back to someone because she doesn't understand or she wants to know what happens next. How the heck do I know what's going to happen next? I'm not Blossom Goodchild! (Bad joke I know)

It's just something about movie theaters...I think they are a black hole of annoyances. They draw in people who piss you off and then try to trap you inside once you've overpaid. End of rant.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I quit going to movies too, I just bought my own movie projector

What I am absolutely sick of is the abuse of hard working people.

The worst thing I ever encountered was when I was in construction, they wanted me and my colleague to remove some asbestos plates "without ANY protection"

That was the moment my employer went too far and I called the police.

I don't understand how profit can be more important than the people that work for you.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I.M.A.H.& W.T.I.A

I don’t like to fly.
Due to circumstances beyond my control I’m airborne much more than I’d like.
I’ve come close to *plane rage* a few times lately ---> (I don’t do rage but I was nearing the line)!
Over what?

People who continuing to use digital equipment and cell phones when they are SPECIFICALLY TOLD NOT TO DO SO!!!

Last time it was a 13 year old girl sitting next to me.
I leaned over her and kindly asked her Mother if she could please ask her daughter to TURN OFF her CD player.
I thought her mother was going to stroke out.
Oh well.
I’ve turned to *reporting* people to the stewards - at least that’s how they make me feel.

Ok, ok ok ok so maybe it’s No Big Deal.
But do it on someone else's flight ok?

I don’t want to feel any more nervous than I already am - nor do I want to CRASH AND BURN because some selfish ignoramus can’t go another 5 minutes without their music/cell phone/computer/whatever!

hehehe

Thank Mr. Rabbit for another interesting post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join