It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m Mad As Hell & Won’t Take It Anymore! What Chaps Your Buttocks?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I am Mad as Hell and Won't Take it Anymore!!

You know what really grinds my gears? People who interrupt me while I am correcting my child so that they can correct him instead of letting me do my job as a parent.

My oldest is in kindergarten this year. So being the 5 year old that he is, he decided it was a good idea to make an earplug out of a rock (I still can't figure that one out, but eh what can you do?). The school nurse calls to let me know and asks if I want to come in before she tries to remove it. So of course I go in, needed to see for myself just how far in it was before I allowed her to go poking around his ear with tweezers.

After she gets the rock removed, she asks him to tell me how it got in his ear. Not wanting to get in trouble he blames it on the wind. I am in the middle of telling him that he isn't in trouble, he just needs to tell me the truth because I know the wind didn't do it when the school nurse interrupts me and loudly declares he is lying and needs to stop lying right then. By loudly I mean loud enough for other people in the office to peek in to see what's going on.

He starts crying cause to him he is being yelled at so I have to calm him back down so he can tell me what happened. Once he does, I am in the middle of explaining to him that he shouldn't put rocks in his ears because it can hurt him and make him not be able to hear anymore with that ear, and that there better not be a next time, and that he isn't in trouble but he knows that doing that and then lying about it was the wrong thing to do. Basically telling him that he knows better.

In jumps the nurse again talking over me and interrupting me so that she can be the one to tell him not to do it again, and not to lie again, and that he might go deaf if he shoves one in too far next time. I pulled him a bit closer to me, looked her dead in the eye and said "I can handle this." Of course she wasn't too happy, but it's my child not hers. I'll do the correcting, thanks.

And it doesn't stop there. It seems that no matter where I take my children there is always someone there who thinks that it is their place to interrupt me and correct my children. Pretty much all of the grandparents interrupt me so they can tell my child what they are doing is not so bad, just not to do it again. But my favorite is when my mother decides that me telling my son to go sit on the couch for five minutes when he is throwing a tantrum is too harsh a punishment for a five year old. Are you SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?! Keep in mind this is the same woman who would throw my toys away if I didn't clean my room, which to a child is about the worst thing in the world, but a time-out is too harsh?!?! Really?

And then there is a friend of mine with a child about the same age. I can be in the middle of correcting him for playing too rough, or running through the house, or what have you, and she will yell over me that if he doesn't stop she is going to whip him. Umm... Excuse me? What? First of all, very few things that a child does are worth a swat on the rear. Second of all, my child I'll handle it.

I understand that there are many children out there who's parents don't correct them, and who run wild with no one saying anything about it. But I DO correct my kids when they do something wrong. I DO hand out punishments when necessary, mostly going to their rooms but it works for me so why do something else if what I am doing works? And my children DO behave extremely well compared to other children I know that are close to their ages. So apparently I know what I am doing when it comes to my children and they need to BACK OFF!!!

~~~~~~~~

Whew! I feel better now!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE ANYMORE

Do we have the ability anymore to feel angry and express that anger verbally without courting arrest for assault.
Anger is an emotion an emotion is something we feel..not something we are..
I have spent time with people who ACT OUT their emotions..ACT OUT their anger..and depending on the situations this method can result in being verbally abusive and getting charged.
How do we deal in an effective manner when a situation arises that results in our feeling of fairness and injustice is injured. If your a nation with weapons you might declare and wage a war..
Its not really a question of what we are not going to take..more like a question of what tools do we have in our personal tool chest to effectively communicate our disapproval and lobby for and effect a timely and positive change in a given situation.
I simply can not afford to get mad as hell about anything anymore..my ability to remain calm and rational is not just a matter of choice it is a matter of personal and professional survival.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm just mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!

I am in customer service, maintenance to be exact, and I'm tired of people coming up and yelling at me, and not be allowed to defend myself.

Just yesterday, this Be-ootch comes up, and starts dressing me down about the exterior lights being out in the building. I have buildings in three cities and the lights are on photo cells, so it takes someone to tell the manager that they are out, and I go replace them. In this case, I need my 20' ladder to do it, and it's in another city. I was on my way to a plumbing leak, so I just couldn't drive the 40 miles to make her happy.

Later that night, she gets my cell phone number, and calls. I'm lucky, or she's lucky that I didn't pick up. She goes off on me about how she doesn't like to be blown off, and that my boss is going to hear about it bla bla. Treating me like I work directly for her. It ruined a perfectly peaceful evening I was looking forward to. I wanted to tell her to just F@

My boss has a philosophy about our clients: "You do not have the luxury to go off on our clients even if they deserve it." Period. So I have to just take it, and sometimes it is almost impossible not to just fire back. He tells me: "If you have to, go meditate on a mountain." ARRGG!

Hoaxers! I just don't get it. Here we are trying to get to the truth, and along comes the newbie that thinks it's funny to play a little prank. Why?
Elaborate Hoaxers, the ones that make up these elaborate plots with subplots. Like the dude that was going to bring the truth out about 911 because he had the Norad tapes. I mean what the hell. You want to give them the benefit of the doubt, and then it was all a joke. ARRGG!

I'm not sure if I feel better, or just more worked up, but you guys know what I'm talking about.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sendran
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

Some cinemas have fitted cell phone dampeners to solve your problem, thank God.

To quote Peter Grififin, "Do you know what really grinds my gears?"

Lack of driving etiquette. Why can't people raise a hand to say thanks or use indicators? Ignorant, rude people. Nothing else to say really, it's that simple. I bet they're the same people who use mobiles in cinemas.

Shoot 'Em Up addresses this issue nicely.

I would like to apologize for me and all my ilk. I just can't afford to get my front turn signals fixed. Please remember sometimes its not bad manners, just bad circumstances.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
What really chaps my hide!

People who can't seem to check their own lottery tickets, and they always have at least ten of them for the clerk to check, then they go and pick out some scratch tickets and more lotto tickets, while the line of people builds and builds, and all I want to do is buy my crap and go. Learn to check your own damn numbers!

And I also can't stand the mystery neighbor busy-body that seems to have all the time in the world, the one who complained to the city last year about the appearance of my yard, which IMO wasn't really that bad. I think it was those neighbors who have that perfect weedless lawn, or perhaps it was that old wench who rents the house next door who had me cut branch's off my maple tree, because it shaded her yard too much, and she didn't even live there!

And I also can't stand those who vote and know nothing about politics, like those same people that voted for (place idiot politician here). If you don't know what they really stand for, or forget their history of political misdeeds, PLEASE don't vote.

There.

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Skinny people that can eat anything and not have to burn off that milkshake.

That's me,...Sorry

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
You know what makes me mad?

When Dave can cuss in a thread and not get modded or penalized!

Lol, j/k, but seriously, that's a little hypocritical right?

So what makes me really mad?

1. Slow drivers! Why go 35 in a 55?

2. People interrupting me and talking over me!

3. Babies in movie theatres! Why the hell would you bring your baby into an R rated movie, full of violence!?!? Then the parent doesn't even take there child out of the theatre! GET A BABY SITTER OR FAMILY MEMBER TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR KID!

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Dave I feel your pain. My girlfriend and I used to frequent Tower city in downtown Cleveland. We had about four juveniles sit down in front of us and the profanity and rudeness was just too much. We just ended up moving to new seats.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm not so mad as I am annoyed and at the same time a little sympathetic.

The savior complex & blind faith

People who look to a savior to change their lives without any questioning what-so-ever..

I have no problem with rational belief or coming to conclusions about life through your religion.

But it is the mentality of: "Put all your faith in God and he will take care of everything" that is quite disfunctional.

Whether it be Jesus christ, Mohammad (sp) any other religious figure head and or aliens. People seem to want someone or thing to make a change in their life so that they dont have to put out the effort.

The one and only person that can change anything in your life is you. Im all for praying/ meditaion and asking others for help when needed. In fact if I know you need help, I will be happy to provide.

I feel somewhat sympathetic because if they just realized that a little hard work and a little change of mind or a little openness they could enjoy a much more fulfilling life and still even hold a belief system.

My mothers mom died because she believed in religious healing. She died from some sort of hemeraging that probably could have been prevented with modern medicine of that time. This is a perfect example of what I am talking about. If she would have gone to the doctor my mothers life would be completely different today. It is not only disfunctional, but quite possibly very dangerous.

Just to give another example, has anyone ever seen that wifeswap with that obese christian lady that went to a family that believed in astrology? Remember her reaction at the end of the show? If that is not a sickness, then what is?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
People who hit their children. I let them know I do not approve and have even once hit the adult doing the hitting, but quickly left the store because I had a good idea it would be ME arrested for assault. And another thing that I used to be mad as hell about but finally did not take it anymore, many years ago. My mother used to hit me mercilessly daily and one day I said this is going to stop and it did. I won't go into details.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Fabulous. Somewhere to vent my spleen ....Thanks Dave.

What chaps my buttocks is this......

I live in an apartment building and we have a garbage bin bay at the front.
Garbage night is Monday night but I kept noticing on Tuesday morning, when I went to bring the bin in, that someone had already put rubbish in it!!

This went on for 3 weeks. I had to keep doing runners to bins down the road on garbage night, to get rid of my rubbish because my OWN bin was full.

Anyway, the 4th week early on the Tuesday morning, I decided to bring the bin up and put it out the front of my garage instead of in the bay.
So what happens, the cleaners decided to use it for their own personal use when they finished doing the trimming and the leaf blowing.

Enough was enough, so with some white paint, I wrote on the lid...
RUBBISH FOR #3 ONLY
THIS ISN'T YOUR BIN...
[SNIP] .

I haven't had a problem since. And no one has said boo about the profanity on the bin lid either.

Too bad it had to come that, but putting rubbish in a neighbours bin the morning after its been emptied is absolutely the lowest.

Oh, I feel so much better that I've shared that.

Great thread.
Starred and Flagged!!!!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-10-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by abelievingskeptic

That was quite an eye opening show for me. I had never watched that show before but my daughter told me it was going to be on TV and told me it would be entertaining. That it was. lol. Funny how the extremely obese Christian took the Devil's money after all.

Edit for spelling because I am mad as hell at my spelling mistakes.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by kyred]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Yeah, that was DORK SIDED!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Hey dave. I never realized you were from Dallas. Im from Dallas too. I havent been to the firewheel but I know where it is. Small world Huh?

Cellphones in theaters really get my goat. Im not polite enough to ask them to stop though. I go straight to kicking their seat repeatedly very hard untill the get off the phone.

Once when I did that the guy who was on the phone turned around looking angry as could be and said "Do you mind!?" I said in resonse while staring back and forth between him and his cell phone "DO you?!"

If they ruin my movie experience I am going to ruin their phone experience.

If I ever do go to the firewheel I will be right by your side if you decide to rally the troops again

Thanks for the chance to rant for a sec dave.

Dust

[edit on 18-10-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
thats an awesome story there Dave, I applaud you as well! Id have to say your situation has got to be the most annoying thing I can think of as well. Other than that I cant think of anything that makes me really mad, in fact, I cant remember the last time I got mad. Patience is a virtue I have been friends with for a while, ever since my anger management group/classes back in Jr High. So, its just down to annoyances, which I would have to say are:

Empty milk carton in the fridge,
other people making messes in my room while im gone,
the neighbors cat(this is number one)pooping in my grass and not burying it(and I love cats),
and my other neighbors throwing parties that end up with shootings in the street (literally) and cops always around.

I would love to put my foot down, but Im not sure I know how in some of these instances, considering some other variables, like, I couldnt stop the cats poop if I tried, Ive asked folks not to leave empty stuff in the fridge and it still happens same with room messes, and I dont dare try to voice my opinion with the gang banging neighbors, as like I said, shooting in the street, dont want em taking it in the wrong way and during a drunken festival, decide to be wise.

Anyways, thanks for the encouraging inspiration Dave, I will be sure to say something next time the kids break out their glow worms in the theater!

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
What Makes Me Mad?

Lots of things, but one on particular..

The Lack of Accepting Responsibility For Ones Own Actions....

Confront someone with something they have done and what do you get???

Excuses, excuses, excuses....

"Why were you driving with a blood alcohol of .20?"
"I was in a fight with.....__________ (Insert name here)

"Why did you kill that person?"
"I was __________ (Insert abused, neglected etc here)"

Of course these are extremes, but we all have experienced it and it is MADDENING!!!!

If you do something wrong, MAN UP and STAND UP and take your licks and get on with life... SHEESH

Now for something minor..

STAY OUT OF THE LEFT LANE!!!!!

On the interstate or any limited access highway, if you are not passing, GET OUT OF THE LEFT LANE....

It's stupid, dangerous and just plain RUDE!!!

Whew, thanks Dave, I feel better...

Semper

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Hey dave. I never realized you were from Dallas. I'm from Dallas too. I haven't been to the Firewheel but I know where it is. Small world Huh?

Yep.... born and bred. Only time I've been out of Dallas for any length of time (excluding travel and trips, of course) was my 4 years in the Air Force 1967-71. Yeah, the Firewheel is off of George Bush Tollway (not W. for you non Dallasites.... we think he's a dumb ass too)
. Any who, it is actually in Garland. Firewheel Towne Shopping Center is like the old small town shopping areas with individual facades and stuff. I love the theater... 14 screens I think..... all Stadium...... a very upscale clean place.

Dave

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
What barks my onion? Members that tell me to stay out of US politics threads because I'm Canadian. They say I couldn't understand. Oh please. I've been studying world history and politics for over 30 years. I understand WAY more than they think. That said, what goes on below the border affects my life so I'm going to have my say, thank you very much.

Another thing. People that drive slowly when you can't pass, then speed up when you can, only to drop the speed again after the passing lane is done. Like the maxim says, lead, follow or get the hell out of the way.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave Rabbit

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Hey dave. I never realized you were from Dallas. I'm from Dallas too. I haven't been to the Firewheel but I know where it is. Small world Huh?

Yep.... born and bred. Only time I've been out of Dallas for any length of time (excluding travel and trips, of course) was my 4 years in the Air Force 1967-71. Yeah, the Firewheel is off of George Bush Tollway (not W. for you non Dallasites.... we think he's a dumb ass too)
. Any who, it is actually in Garland. Firewheel Towne Shopping Center is like the old small town shopping areas with individual facades and stuff. I love the theater... 14 screens I think..... all Stadium...... a very upscale clean place.

Dave

Yeah I started to go into detail of where the firewheel is but I decided against it as I wasnt sure youd appreciate me telling all of ATS the area where you live.

By the way im a born and bred texan myself. 4th generation native Texan to be exact. Can you tell im proud of that fact?

Speaking of george Bush being an idiot, I just saw the movie W today at regal keystone theater. Pretty good. Not quite what I thought it would be but still pretty good.

If I was a movie critique id give it 3 out of 5.

Anyhow to stay semi some what on topic, I too prefer going to the movie in the early afternoon as the tickets are cheaper (4.75 p/ticket where I was) and its not so busy usually.

To be honest id be too chicken to stand up and try to rally troops like that. id be having visions of the crowd turning against me and throwing all their cokes and popcorn at me then kicking me out.

But as I said. if someday we do ever in up in the same theater I will have your back

Dust

[edit on 18-10-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Another thing. People that drive slowly when you can't pass, then speed up when you can, only to drop the speed again after the passing lane is done. Like the maxim says, lead, follow or get the hell out of the way.

Oh man that is another thing that drives me nuts. People who drive slow when you cant pass. UGH!!! DOnt forget people who just drive slow in general. I mean the type of people that drive atleast 10 MPH under the speed limit. ( My dad)

When I go visit my dad and we decide to go somewhere I always insist on driving. If he drives he goes 10-20 MPH under the limit. People speeding past us and passing us. Some get so impatient that they cut him off and then slam on the brakes. It just doesnt feel safe to ride in a car he is driving.

That just drives me nuts!

Dust

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
quick post now, and real post tomorrow about ""i'm mad as hell".

i read the dave's thread starter post and almost fell over and cheered at the same time!

TODAY my wife and i go to see "W." at our local theaters, and lo and behold, the cell phone text creeps! when i read your post dave, i gave a mighty cheer for you for standing up to self-serving text chumps!!! good job!!!!!!

will post on topic sunday to get the lead out.
thank you from myself everyone at the theaters!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join