It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 665
<< 662  663  664    666  667  668 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

1.45 EUR USD?

lol

We see 1.00 before 1.45 if we ever get back up that high.

Think about the "problems" of all those other small euro state welfare countries etc.. Still waaay too many variables that could end up bringing it under 1.00

I really do think we see 1.00 pretty soon though - we broke 2008's lows.. there is no coming back from that with a short covering rally IMO - support and resistance does work like that usually

Eurozone has problems, and the only solution is a weak euro

Kind of like more cowbell, I got a fever, and that is the only cure

Rick Santelli I guess said today big players haven't even begun to short euro's yet. But I didn't see this personally

You want to see a crowded trade check out EUR/AUD - yikes

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
holy crap that chic in the video is the dumbest piece of trash ive ever heard.
omg she made me hate her with his ignorance, what a stupid sh*t. lol i think i dont if i should laugh or be afriad of her and her kind.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Be afraid

2nd

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
holy crap that chic in the video is the dumbest piece of trash ive ever heard.
omg she made me hate her with his ignorance, what a stupid sh*t. lol i think i dont if i should laugh or be afriad of her and her kind.

Yep. She should write a book ``How to be hated by anyone under 2 minutes``... that would probably do it.

Unless of course you're of her ``kind``.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

be terrified.. because she highlights a disturbing trend: who ever promises her the most free #, she will vote for. She lurvs mr. Obama because he gives her welfare checks from.... his secret stash.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hey man, I had the copyrights to that book title when I joined on ATS.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

No no .. Yours was "How to be hated by anyone in under 30 seconds"

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Yea that lady scared the crap out of Savage.

Then we have Palin who can see Russia from her window.

Evey-body has chosen persona over reality.

Not only democrats but repubs are the same imo.

How many Americans have red Mau's Red Book or The Communist manifesto?

If they did they would be shocked the plethora of ideas we have adopted from communism.

I hooked up a security system and surround sound for a person who believed in Communism...in America lol...and I was astounded at the ideas America had adopted into the system.

Shocking. lol

10 point program of Communism

1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all right of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralisation of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal liability of all to labour. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of the population over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.[8]
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
______beforeitsnews/story/46/530/Sell_Everything...You_Wont_Recognize_America_By_The_End_Of_The_Year.html

WHOA!
Richard Russell, the famous writer of the Dow Theory Letters, has a chilling line in today's note:

Do your friends a favor. Tell them to "batten down the hatches" because there's a HARD RAIN coming. Tell them to get out of debt and sell anything they can sell (and don't need) in order to get liquid. Tell them that Richard Russell says that by the end of this year they won't recognize the country. They'll retort, "How the dickens does Russell know -- who told him?" Tell them the stock market told him.

That's pretty intense!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Speculations...

www.stratfor.com...

Rumors of the imminent collapse of the eurozone continue to swirl despite the Europeans’ best efforts to hold the currency union together. Some accounts in the financial world have even suggested that Germany’s frustration with the crisis could cause Berlin to quit the eurozone — as soon as this past weekend, according to some — while at the most recent gathering of European leaders French President Nicolas Sarkozy apparently threatened to bolt the bloc if Berlin did not help Greece. Meanwhile, many in Germany — including Chancellor Angela Merkel herself at one point — have called for the creation of a mechanism by which Greece — or the eurozone’s other over-indebted, uncompetitive economies — could be kicked out of the eurozone in the future should they not mend their “irresponsible” spending habits.

Rumors, hints, threats, suggestions and information “from well-placed sources” all seem to point to the hot topic in Europe at the moment, namely, the reconstitution of the eurozone whether by a German exit or a Greek expulsion. We turn to this topic with the question of whether such an option even exists.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I think OBE1 posted that a couple pages ago, the only reason I remember that is I thought that was with Kurt Russel.

If this guy is using a 1-2-3 Dow Theory Downward move I will have to check it out when I have more time. I never caught what he was technically using though to determine this.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

A "small portion" of oil sheen is in the Loop Current, which circulates in the Gulf, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) said.

Diluted oil could appear in isolated parts of Florida if persistent winds pushed the current that way, it added.

European scientists warn the spill could reach Florida within six days.

European scientists are in charge of Gulf of Mexico...

Attention Florida - six (6) days!

The oil would be "highly weathered" if it reached Florida, or could evaporate en route, it said.

Evaporate

That's reassuring...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

oh, that's the carry trade...!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

AUD is starting not to look to good either.

Which one is more garbage though?

If it does indeed being AUD in the long run we could live like kings on the short squeeze.

What are your technicals saying?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Yeah Richard Russell has been cautious this whole rally but now he is basically calling for mass chaos and a crash. We shall see...I think a lot of people are getting bearish right now. People are either expecting a huge deflationary crash, hyperinflation, or deflation and then hyperinflation. So we will see...in the mean time I bought some calls on U.S. Steel when it was at 48, I had a target of 47.50 but didn't pull the trigger then, oh well. This is just a small speculative bet. Also there are rumors that the ECB is buying euros. They are buying euros...with euros...? What?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
OOOpps.... Japan is in trouble!

Japan Economy Grows Less Than Estimated, Putting Pressure on Central Bank

putting pressure on the central bank to do more to end deflation as it begins a two-day meeting.

LOL. Deflation AFTER 20 YEARS OF STIMULUS MONEY and interest rates at 0%! This is getting sick!

Time to cut interest rates to -5%!

After the Eurozone crash...time for a YEN crash! Then the pound, then the US, then the yuan.. then the euro again! Then a world currency!

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
You guys are all wrong.

It isn't over until Dennis Kneale says it is over.

Last I checked he wasnt ready to throw in the towel yet.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I think we see USD JPY around 85 again before this is over, seems like a good calculated risk at least because if you look at a weekly chart it totally stalled at the high point of its channel retracement.

Then it gets interesting from there.

How many banking Interventions will Fin Min Khan command. And then hint at to artificially prop up JPY?

If I had large cash I would fade every single F'in JPY rally right now and certainly after Fin Min Khan opens his trap. He is a bitch.

I am loving short AUD/USD as well, but I have been about that since last November. That thing I think should fall to low 80's at least. Monthly chart shows the same formation we were in at EUR USD at 1.42.

Perfect descending top from 2 years ago's high I believe without having a chart in front of me (Monthly Scale)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
www.sierrachart.com...

GBP is relentless against AUD

That is close to 700 pips in less than 48 hours

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

touche

top topics

<< 662  663  664    666  667  668 >>

join