It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 668
<< 665  666  667    669  670  671 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Fine. So its rigged, if you "know" this is a manipulation, then it will bounce when they want it to bounce. Which will be after they buy a crap-load of cheap stock and then drive the price up to sell it, or if its not rigged this market drop is based on fear (they always are) the reality isn't going to be as bad as everyone fears and the market will go back up.

Either way, if you are "on to the game" or you keep your cool and buy low sell high, you end up with more cash than you had before.

Tomorrow will be huge. Euro vs Deutschmark. IMF dominance or national independence. Plus its Option Friday, tomorrow probably not gonna be great, but it could be good

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

no doubt, perhaps the "collapse" has started...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jacksmoke

I would imagine thats how they make people on the inside rich you would think, the game is rigged and if your on the inside you get the tip and when.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
sorry

double post

[edit on 5/20/2010 by andy1033]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
problem is looks like Obama's financial reform bill will save the day so I doubt the collapse will happen....yet.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Yeah the big banks are for it... so yes.

Futures are quite horrible..
www.eltee.de...

DAX 30 Futures 5807.75 -219.25 -3.77%
Dow Jones Fut 10020 -423 -4%
S&P 500 Future 1066.13 -48.75 -4.57%
Nasdaq100 Fut 1795.58 -78.00 -4.34%
NIKKEI 225 Fut 9688 -405 -4%

Bloody, bloody Friday.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

wow aint that some #, yeah dont buy the finance reform bill its backed by the bankers so its no reform at all.. and i believe it still gives the FED more power so if thats what DC calls reform then damn...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

And now the Canadian dollar is at 1.06! Nice. Time to go buy houses in Florida... kidding.

If only I lived near the border...
I would go buy gas there and food...

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

Hrm, no. The Canadian dollar is 0.935

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
As per MSM reports on House vote & Obama official response:

too-big-to -fail is a business model that is now sancro-sanct & legal

the 6 major 'banks' which once controlled 15%of the economy in 1995
the different '6 banks' now control 65% of the national GDP

well here's the nitty gritty that is being tap-danced around

the present day 6 major banks are only disguised as bank-holding-companies...they are in fact investment banks/private investor groups disguised as banks

the soon-to-be-LAW, if the Senate concurs with the house bill, is that these investment banks which create all sorts of forms of derivities, swaps, CDOs, bonds, CDSs and other toxic paper that is unregulated and has no capital requirements to justify the papers' creation ---are to be magically be classified as bank-holding-companies and the old definition is magically eraser/whisked away making them legal status holding companies that also create & issue non-valuable paper that can/will be monitized & legalized at 100-cents-on-the-dollar if & when the 6 major 'banks' demand payment by the taxpayers.

this is all such a scam its pathetic

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DantesPeak

Ah yes.

Ooops. Well good then.

But this is kinda crazy... in 24 hours, the canadian dollar sunk by 3 cents compared to the US dollar... yeah our dollar is tanking!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Wow I wake up and it was a massacre. You all say the banks are for the reform bill? I was under the impression that they were against it actually... in fact, when I saw the -347 on the DOW I figured it was just the bankers reminding Obama who can dictate the economy.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

You all say the banks are for the reform bill? I was under the impression that they were against it actually...

Yep.

Obama being for it should show a big fat red flag.

Goldman Sachs and Citigroup said publicly that they support the bill. The only ones against it are the small local and regional banks. This bill is gonna make them bankrupt and give more power to the big ones.

This is another takeover bill.

Of course the MSM's fed public is just believing what their god Obama is saying.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
So, Ameritrade mysteriously let me in with no problem now that the market is closed. Earlier the problem was not the typical server problem. The problem was that the system kept telling me my password or username was wrong. When I called in to them, they were aware of the issue and it was system wide? How does the system lose everyone's password and username?

Anyway, I was planning on selling a couple of stocks today. My portfolio lost 8% today while I did not have access, and each of my stocks are trading even lower in after hours trading, so I put orders in to sell first thing in the morning.

I have a feeling that I will not be the only one doing that exact same thing, so be prepared for a HUGE drop first thing in the morning. I haven't decided yet if I will immediately buy up some stuff as the market falls, or if I will take my cash and buy more bullets and rice, LOL!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The US DOLLAR has gotten stronger against the canadian dollar about 7 cents over the past month

It is up 2.8 cents on the day currently USD/CAD

finviz.com...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
OPEX tomorrow

Be prepared for the turnaround at 2:30 after the market is down most likely over another 200+

Something is going to happen tomorrow, either way whichever way it is after lunchtime I would fade personally if I was a discretionary trader, but I keep my fingers out of that honey pot

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Holy crap man, I would never stand for that.. I had problems getting into my E-trade account the day the market fell 1k points, but I think everyone like me saw it on TV and ran to their computers to watch their money disappear lol.. after about 3 attempts it let me in, but was very slow till the end of the day.

But to lock you out completely? .. I'd switch brokers just in protest, because that's messed up.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yep

Unfortunately this is what happens with companies like TD A etc..

The only way you will ever be secure is with a prime broker like JPM or with IB and a FIX CTCI Connection.

Both of those things will cost you though, of course, right?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
OK, this is from a blog, but...

gazbom.blogspot.com...

Plans to evacuate the Gulf are BEGINING TO FLY AROUND THE NET. Read more: gazbom.blogspot.com...

Florida Gulf oil spill: Plans to evacuate Tampa Bay area expected to be announced Read more: gazbom.blogspot.com...

Examiner is not exactly a blog...???

www.examiner.com... announced

Florida Gulf oil spill: Plans to evacuate Tampa Bay area expected to be announced

If this is true, then... America is truly besieged from south, oil spill (Brits) and alien immigrants (Mexicans). Evacuation next step?

This is more than serious situation.

Ouch...

WMR has been informed by sources in the US Army Corps of Engineers, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and Florida Department of Environmental Protection that the Obama White House and British Petroleum (BP), which pumped $71,000 into Barack Obama's 2008 presidential campaign -- more than John McCain or Hillary Clinton, are covering up the magnitude of the volcanic-level oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico and working together to limit BP's liability for damage caused by what can be called a "mega-disaster."

Obama and his senior White House staff, as well as Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, are working with BP's chief executive officer Tony Hayward on legislation that would raise the cap on liability for damage claims from those affected by the oil disaster from $75 million to $10 billion.

"volcanic-level oil disaster"

[edit on 20-5-2010 by DangerDeath]

I live here and I have heard none of this...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You might have to spend a few months in a FEMA camp GBM... poor you.

BTW, Cramer says that all markets will collapse tomorrow.

Well if Germany says no to the bailout, he will be right FOR ONCE.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Hmmm, it is about nobody telling ya what to expect, right? You saw the one video about who is in control of the Bay, who commands the Coastal Guard?

Anyway, it's no joke, the spill.

BTW, what does it mean "official correction" (of the Dow)?
That the "flash crash" was actually "official" and between then and now it was a actually a cover up?

The Dow Jones Industrial Average /quotes/comstock/10w!i:dji/delayed (DJIA 10,068, -376.36, -3.60%) ended down 376.36 points, or 3.6%, to 10,068.01, relinquishing a mild afternoon recovery to close near the lows of the day. It was the biggest point and percent drop this year, outpacing the loss booked at the culmination of May 6's "flash crash."

www.marketwatch.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 665  666  667    669  670  671 >>

join