It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 667
<< 664  665  666    668  669  670 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

We're trying, my friend. Post anything. (PS Check out Hx's final comment at the top of the page
)

Global stock markets fell on Thursday amid continued concerns over Europe's efforts to stem its debt crisis. In Frankfurt the Dax index fell by 2.9%, while in Paris the Cac 40 index was down nearly 3.5%. Investors in London also suffered a fall in confidence with the FTSE 100 about 2.6% lower, while in New York the Dow Jones index opened 2.5% down.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel sparked investor fears on Wednesday by warning that the euro was "in danger". Germany also moved to ban a type of short-selling blamed for creating market instability.

But investors were unimpressed, with some expressing concerns that the persistent debt problems, sparked earlier this year by Greece, could push the global economy into another recession.

Sentiment among US investors was not helped by the news that new claims for unemployment benefits in the US rose to a three-month high of 471,000 last week. A fall in claimant numbers had been widely anticipated.

Source

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

good work

its all good

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Update: DJIA 10194.82 -249.55 (-2.39%)

Just looking for a webcam covering the hotel where the PPT gathers...

[edit on 20/5/10 by pause4thought]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ameritrade is down right now? I just got off the phone with them and they told me they are in "red alert right now." They don't know why they are down, and the guy I spoke with said he has never seen this happen before!

The DOW is going down, down, down.

The internet is working slow today, and my computers at work have gone down several times as well?

Where is ATS on this thing? Are we missing something?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

We're onto it. Strap yourself in.

Dow: 10158.92 -285.45 (-2.73%)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I just placed a trade on TD Ameritrade. It ain't down for me.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

I just placed a trade on TD Ameritrade. It ain't down for me.

Really? It was down for me, and I sat on hold for 30 minutes to get a rep, and he told me they were down company wide. He did tell me that there Mobile App was working. Did you use mobile?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
-316.36 DJIA According to cnbs.
Accelerated after lunch it seems.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
-342 at 1:02 est. Vix up to 46. Selling looks to have accelerated...

edit: 1:07 pm According to Zero Hedge Bill Gross "HEDGE FUNDS AND OTHER LEVERAGED POSITIONS NOW LIQUIDATING TO PRESERVE CAPITAL"

One of the explanations for all the red that we are seeing. DJIA now at -309.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by serph]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Ameritrade Online Trading

We are having technical difficulties that may result in limited access to your account. We are working to correct this problem as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience.

This across the top of the page!

Convenient while the DOW is in a major sell-off don't you think?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Crude oil just took a nice little dump, down $5 on the day.

Peace

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The PPT has entered the building. Let the printing begin!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Crude oil just took a nice little dump, down $5 on the day.

Peace

Yeah. Because the market knows that the worldwide economy is screwed.

Less people will go on vacation this summer. No money. Less oil used.

For once speculation isn't screwing the prices on the upside artificially.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
OK, this is from a blog, but...

gazbom.blogspot.com...

Plans to evacuate the Gulf are BEGINING TO FLY AROUND THE NET. Read more: gazbom.blogspot.com...

Florida Gulf oil spill: Plans to evacuate Tampa Bay area expected to be announced Read more: gazbom.blogspot.com...

Examiner is not exactly a blog...???

www.examiner.com... announced

Florida Gulf oil spill: Plans to evacuate Tampa Bay area expected to be announced

If this is true, then... America is truly besieged from south, oil spill (Brits) and alien immigrants (Mexicans). Evacuation next step?

This is more than serious situation.

Ouch...

WMR has been informed by sources in the US Army Corps of Engineers, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and Florida Department of Environmental Protection that the Obama White House and British Petroleum (BP), which pumped $71,000 into Barack Obama's 2008 presidential campaign -- more than John McCain or Hillary Clinton, are covering up the magnitude of the volcanic-level oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico and working together to limit BP's liability for damage caused by what can be called a "mega-disaster."

Obama and his senior White House staff, as well as Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, are working with BP's chief executive officer Tony Hayward on legislation that would raise the cap on liability for damage claims from those affected by the oil disaster from $75 million to $10 billion.

"volcanic-level oil disaster"

[edit on 20-5-2010 by DangerDeath]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Interesting new thread on ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.truthout.org...

"A new earthquake" is what peasant farmer leader Chavannes Jean-Baptiste of the Peasant Movement of Papay (MPP) called the news that Monsanto will be donating 60,000 seed sacks (475 tons) of hybrid corn seeds and vegetable seeds, some of them treated with highly toxic pesticides. The MPP has committed to burning Monsanto's seeds, and has called for a march to protest the corporation's presence in Haiti on June 4, for World Environment Day.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
www.marketwatch.com...

TD Ameritrade says clients can't access Web site

Dow is down -250

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Never follow the masses into a panic. Go opposite. In calm markets Tech. An is fine, fundamentals are fine.

Right now, fifteen before the close. Sell any long VIX ETF position you have. Take the gains. Buy long in any notable stock that went down significantly. Its a phschological oversold situation. Granted I would avoid RIG or BP but just about any other well known stock will bounce tomorrow or Monday.

Never risk more than you can afford to lose, this is a gamble, but the there is bond to be a rally if you can stomach the ride

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
i dont gamble in the stock market... f*ck the stock market, its as manipulated as everything else in this corrupt sh*t world.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
LOL.

Yes it is.

And now the Canadian dollar is at 1.06! Nice. Time to go buy houses in Florida... kidding.

If only I lived near the border...
I would go buy gas there and food...

Obama is supposed to speak in about 20 minutes... The Senate will vote on the ``financial reform bill``... Goldman Sachs and Citigroup are for this bill, so you know how bad the bill is.

Maybe Obama will say that the senate must vote for the bill or that he's ordering the evacuation of the southern coast because of the oil spill, or declaring war with North Korea... who knows.

Or more awesome... Ban on NAKED SHORTING in the US...

Tomorrow is probably the most important day for the EU since it's creation.

IF GERMANY REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE BAILOUT, IT'S OVER.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

DJIA @ close: 10067.78 -376.59 (-3.61%)

Source

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7823697f5bf.jpeg[/atsimg]

(...just in case...)

top topics

<< 664  665  666    668  669  670 >>

join