It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 670
<< 667  668  669    671  672  673 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Thinking double top EUR USD right here.

Harmonic Reflection.. If you believe in that sort of thing

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
GBM, prepare your stuff, you're going to the FEMA camp.

Charlie Crist declares emergency in Palm Beach County, rest of South Florida

Gov. Charlie Crist this afternoon added Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Lee and Collier counties to his executive order declaring a state of emergency from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.

Nikkei back up to -2.5% on news that there will be no naked shorting ban on the NIKKEI.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Thank god I moved out of that houseboat.

I dont see daylight often so you know.. Ill be ok

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacksmoke
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Never follow the masses into a panic. Go opposite. In calm markets Tech. An is fine, fundamentals are fine.

Right now, fifteen before the close. Sell any long VIX ETF position you have. Take the gains. Buy long in any notable stock that went down significantly. Its a phschological oversold situation. Granted I would avoid RIG or BP but just about any other well known stock will bounce tomorrow or Monday.

Never risk more than you can afford to lose, this is a gamble, but the there is bond to be a rally if you can stomach the ride

I think you are correct. I plan to get fully invested on the equity side tomorrow. I think we need to touch May 6 lows and then we bounce from there. I'll be buying BX, NUAN, GE, among others. I will also be buying funds in most market styles including international. A weak Euro is actually good for European companies.

I think this whole scare over Greece is widely exagerrated. The EU will approve the Bailout measure tomorrow and state that they stand behind all bank deposits over the weekend. Should stop the bleeding and lead to a large reversal. It would be perfect to have a big down day early tomorrow with some recovery late (so i can buy funds at close and ETf's earlier on), followed up with a huge Monday. May even play the vix on the short side as well.

I have been waiting months for a fall like this and am pleasantly surprised that the fall is greater than anticipated. I will be buying when the economy is at 70% and will sell when we get to 95%. Should be a several year endeavor.

Good luck to all and do your due diligence before investing in anything.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

I think this whole scare over Greece is widely exagerrated.

If you knew how cruelly Europe, especially Brits, quelled Greek revolution after the WW2, you might have a second thought about this statement. Greeks know what has been done to them. You don't think that Greek population really spent 120 bn euros to indulge in luxury?

Greek situation is just another pyramid scam from the financial kings...

It's not going to end just like that, under the carpet.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Meanwhile the western media acts as if its over, reporting early morning news such like these.

www.reuters.com...

FOREX-Euro rises as investors fear positions too short

* Australian dollar jumps 2 pct, trims steep losses (Adds details, updates prices)

www.businessweek.com...

This one is the most funnest one i have seen yet
Euro Rises, Set for Best Week in Eight Months, Before EU Meets

May 21 (Bloomberg) -- The euro rose, headed for its biggest weekly advance in more than eight months against the dollar, on optimism European Union officials meeting today will take further action to halt the region’s debt crisis.

finviz.com...

This whole Euro up thing wont last until today
remember what happened this week or last week? when they did something like this?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...
Morgan Stanley fears UK sovereign debt crisis in 2010

www.telegraph.co.uk...
City fears of 'Great Depression Mark II'

www.telegraph.co.uk...
'Perfect storm' as market tremors hit China, Europe and the US

www.telegraph.co.uk...
Whatever Germany does, the euro as we know it is dead

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Bankers, economists, governments - they all had it their way, and now they pretend that some unseen power is messing with their good work

Lets sink another ship and see what happens

London -1,91
Paris - 2,26
Frankfurt -2,64

Euro 1,2535 (today's high 1,267)

www.telegraph.co.uk...

At the top end, proposals are already being floated in the Frankfurt press for a new "hard currency" zone, led by Germany, Austria and the Benelux countries. Either way, rich and poor are heading in opposite directions.

This "hard currency" zone, is the Zone that invested the most credits into Greece, Hungary and other failing countries, thus contributing to their (already then?) "hard currency" called Euro, and now they gonna blame everyone else for their failure to respond "responsibly" to their stupid politics...

[edit on 21-5-2010 by DangerDeath]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
At opening, Dow 9.999

Gold -0.99%

Oil - 1.99%

Nice nines

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

You know that GBM have those accounts in the Caiman Island and Switzerland he just going on vacation now that the dollar is better against the EU.

Can I tag along?

Now the markets are taking a brutal hit, today and is going to get worst.

Will the Markets circuit brakers shot down today?

CNBC sounds like a Chchen house today

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well the financial as usual are the ones reaping profits from the downfall of the Markets does that surprises anybody?

Incredible, it most be nice to profit with dooms and glooms.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Yeah you can come along!

What I want to know is... at what time does Germany votes on the EU bailout?

Anyway, one more disgusting news from Goldman Sachs :
Goldman Sachs to settle with SEC for $1.0 billion?

OOoooo ONE BILLION! They totally brought the hammer for this one!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Then again, where are the massive protest the outraged American public and tax payer.

We all siting at home complaining in our computers, Yes I am guilty, but you know what I had a dream a couple days ago that I was there in the front lines when the American people decided to take a stand and I was proud to be part of it too.

But dreams are just wishful thinking . . .

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Now as for Germany, they will just tag along and do what they are told like a good nation that will get rewarded from following orders. . .

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
www.cnbc.com...
Apparently it already passed. No big surprise, extend and pretend will go on until it can't anymore. I expect to see alot of pretend today, since TPTB fully understand what's at stake.

Won't make a bit of difference in the long run. Debt is debt and when in becomes unsustainable it must be defaulted on. Everything else is just noise.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

already voted bud:

www.nytimes.com...
Lawmakers in Germany Back Rescue for European Debt

The lower house of Parliament, the Bundestag, passed approved the measure by 319 to 73, but nearly 200 lawmakers abstained, a signal of their displeasure.

just want to add that the german people dont approve of this of course... the so-called democratically elected governments of the world seem to be doing whatever they want regardless of what the people say...

[edit on 21-5-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Before beeing elected you promise lot and lots of things...
Once elected you do what you want and what please you !

Who (from the common of all the mortals) want to pay more tax to save banks or state (who previously saved banks) ??

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well the Markets has been saved, the big financial are profiting, the Euro will live another day and the tax payer has been screw again.

Until next week . . .

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well that bill that big banks wanted passed.

All the sheeple who believed Obama that the financial ``reform`` bill was bad for the big banks screamed CRASH CRASH... GUESS WHAT? THE BIG BANKS WANTED THAT BILL, THEY FREAKING WROTE IT.

That and Germany said yes to the EU bailout.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Same old game, different day. When the UK and then the US debt comes under attack it will be the day of reckoning. Not until then.

It is yet to be seen whether the countries that have been 'saved' will accept the handcuffs that their neighbors have voted for them, or whether they will throw them to the ground and leave the union. That really is the crux of the matter. They will be brought to slavery or they will not. Any country that would agree to exporting 8 percent of its GDP is looped!

new topics

top topics

<< 667  668  669    671  672  673 >>

join