It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 251
<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
POST #5000???????????????????????????????????

It looks like it.
farm1.static.flickr.com...

[edit on 4/17/2009 by stander]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Kuddos and star because obviously you're one of a few out there who still "see the value" in education as an "investment!"

I'd love to have to kind of "real money" that would allow me to do such things and if you ARE doing such,you are my hero. Even if you just think about doing it,I think it's great!

Do you get a canned-ham for that 5000th post?

[edit on 17-4-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
Do you get a canned-ham for that 5000th post?

I don't know what I'm going to buy. The traders at NIKKEI sent me a congratulary note
www.japanorama.com...
and I'm waiting for Hex to do the $/yen conversion.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

If the purpose of Bernanke's grand economics experiment was to create uneven inflation in the equities markets and, thus, widen the chasm between the financials and the real economy; he seems to have succeeded. But for how long? How long will it be before foreign banks and investors realize that the Fed's innocuous-sounding "lending facilities" have released a wave of low interest speculative liquidity into the capital markets? How else does one explain soaring stocks when industrial capacity, manufacturing, exports, corporate profits, retail and every other sector have been pounded into rubble? Liquidity is never inert. It navigates the financial system like mercury in water darting elusively to the area which offers the greatest opportunity for profit. That's why the surge popped up first in the stock market. When it spills into commodities--and oil and food prices rise--Bernanke will realize his plan has backfired..
www.silverbearcafe.com...

Mercury through water, hadn't heard that one before. An apt analogy though. Banks are gonna try to use all their taxpayer 'liquidity' to make a buck to pay back the bad debts they have already. So, back to the gambling table they'll go, this time to drive up the price of everything we need, with our money.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Congratulations you are the great gran winner of the number 5000 post, you can redeem your prize at any time anywhere and at your own expenses.

Just joking.

Well that is great, you will go into the annals of ATS history.

As stander the 5000.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

And backfire it will, already the white house is supposed to be planning a meeting with major credit card holders, the supposed leaked issue to be discussed by a unnamed source that wants to be kept unidentified is to talk about unfair consumer practices.

Now that is what the "leaked" news said, but to me this is a secret door meeting "no so secret right now" to discuss the incoming collapse of the credit card bubble.

What you all think.

Still the markets manipulation is what is causing the rallies we see right now.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Chadwick: The Looming Credit Card Crisis

On the surface, JPMorgan Chase’s first quarter 2009 earnings look auspicious, reversing the red ink of the last few quarters and exceeding what was expected by investors.

What major credit card holders don't want you to know, Citibank and JPmorgan among others wants to claim profits but their balance sheets on their credicards is not a very favored one.

The bank made good profits on its bond-trading, a business that is highly volatile and unpredictable, while its credit card write-offs soared. And management admitted that it expects further significant write-offs and huge operating losses in its credit card business.

Can you trust this people now a days?

I don't think so.

www.cnbc.com...

As the figures of unemployment soars the delinquency on credit card figures will be staggering.

Get ready people because that bubble is about to burst if not already, but its been kept quiet as not to plunge the markets with the bad news.

Unemployment will continue to rise, and may well reach 10%. That means that credit card delinquencies will only get worse, not better.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
*brief interlude*

reply to post by marg6043

The name 'stands'. Henceforth he shall be known as s5k (amongst other things).

5k: was that you in the pic? My sixth sense tells me you were sporting shades.

It's been quite a ride, people. Firstly I'd like to say THANKS to all who've made this place what it is. It's been possible to get to know folks over the course of this journey in a way I've not experienced before.

(Suggested) keynote from hereon in: let's continue to resist the temptation to give in to feelings of helplessness and feed each other on eyebrow-raising thoughtful news and analysis. No holds barred.

Eat your heart out MSM. No political agenda: honest debate, all comers welcome.

It's very simple really - all scenarios are open to examination in the light of current evidence.

Finally a few thoughts from history that for some reason come to mind.

Blind optimism may in some way be commendable, but it comes with certain disadvantages...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/449a8407d154.jpg[/atsimg]

The captain of the Titanic, along with his trusted deputies, was a competent man. He inspired unbridled confidence.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e907f6cd18af.jpg[/atsimg]

He was, however, so swayed by his technical advisors that he assured all whose lives were in his hands that there was no realistic possibility the ship could sink. Knowing him to be a man of high standing, people put their money where their mouths were, and bought into his plausible rhetoric.

He also assured all who asked that his crew were well-trained, and that - should the hull ever actually be breached - he had enough hands above and below deck to bail them out.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b41dcc9ba3f.jpeg[/atsimg]

And - unbeknown to all but high-ranking officers - even were the engines to fail, the entire ship had been suitably rigged.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c52df3fed67a.jpeg[/atsimg]

Finally, as a last resort he had a vast team of syphon operators throughout the entire ship.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d4a273529e2.jpeg[/atsimg]

As a magnanimous gesture to his vast company of passengers he gathered this special section of his crew for a public demonstration of their capabilities at dusk on the first day of the voyage. This magnificent sight was known as a suckers' rally. A splendidly uplifting occasion...

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

You have to be in the market all times and dollar cost average, if that is your goal.

By the way, we are up today 904% since 1970 on the DJIA- that really sucks.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Both captain and crew were upbeat to the very end...

GBM: I'm sure you're in 1st Class while others languish in steerage, but when the ship hits the facts we all go down together.

So let's face the music - and dance...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8cf99ce1e1c6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

S...S...S...S... A...A...A....A..F...F...F...E...E...E...T....T...T...

safety dance = just put all your money into 1 yr t *bills* if you are that worried, remember no matter what, we are the STRONGEST country economically in the world

[edit on 17-4-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

by the way, if i had the means, i would sneak you all into first class (if i could even afford a ticket on the boat) lol

well, i would make redhatty plead, but.. yeah

and Hx would have to change that avatar of course

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

remember no matter what, we are the STRONGEST country economically in the world

Ever see 'Empire of the Sun?' There was opulence.

...Till one particular day started a new phase in the life of a young American. From thereon in life became one big lesson in survival. (And it got pretty ugly.)

Strongest today. Tomorrow belongs to China. Mark my words. Not just the US, but the entire western world has some humble pie on tomorrow's menu.

by the way, if i had the means, i would sneak you all into first class

You clearly have a big heart under the surface, gbm. You know it might just shine through in times of adversity...

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Are you joking? Without the US dollar you are nothing, of course if we had freedom we could rebuild the economy from that point, but with no dollar and the US economy controlled by the WTO and bought and paid for leaders, once the US dollar collapse, the US economy is doomed.

But i agree in principle, America can be the leader of the world once it clean itself.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'm still waiting with baited breath for that Bank Stress Test!
I want answers now dag nabbit!
Sorry, the Texan in me is comin out.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Well at Friday close...

$5044.39 or $4956 ??? Never could figure that out...

Buy a lot of Pork with that...Congress...not so much...

And some "Local" news...

Westwood Mall in Jackson County, General Growth Properties files for bankruptcy
www.mlive.com...

Westwood Mall and its corporate owner, General Growth Properties Inc., filed for bankruptcy today. General Growth Properties, based in Chicago, the nation's second-largest mall operator, expects to continue operating all its malls as the company restructures under bankruptcy protection.

"We are definitely going to be open," said Terry McInnis, general manager of Westwood Mall. He referred all further questions to the corporate headquarters.

~

"Pennys is still open for business", Engel said. "We haven't heard anything to indicate we won't be here to serve our customers."

Guess she didn't hear this coming either...

Macy's, J.C. Penney Debt Ratings Are Lowered to Junk by Standard & Poor's
www.bloomberg.com...

[edit on 4/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

Ever see 'Empire of the Sun?' There was opulence.

...Till one particular day started a new phase in the life of a young American. From thereon in life became one big lesson in survival. (And it got pretty ugly.)

Strongest today. Tomorrow belongs to China. Mark my words. Not just the US, but the entire western world has some humble pie on tomorrow's menu.

by the way, if i had the means, i would sneak you all into first class

You clearly have a big heart under the surface, gbm. You know it might just shine through in times of adversity...

Of course I have a big heart p4T.

Why do you think I gave you all that wonderful information about a month ago on where the market was headed.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Wow... I have never seen it put like that lol .. star for you my friend, that was a truly enjoyable post! I hope someone gave you an applause for it.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Again..

We are the strongest economy in the world.

If it comes to a point where this is teetering we will just manufacture another war to take care of that

Nothing is going to change that as long as NWO doesnt take over - even if it does, you wont lose your investments, how or where else would private business raise capital?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Of course I have a big heart p4T.

Why do you think I gave you all that wonderful information about a month ago on where the market was headed.

Touché my friend. Star for that. You must have made it big.

I hope they have banks at the bottom of the ocean.

[edit on 17/4/09 by pause4thought]

top topics

<< 248  249  250    252  253  254 >>

join