It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 253
<< 250  251  252    254  255  256 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by spinkyboo

Yep sad ain't it...and to add salt to the wounds...

Hard-Hit Town Can't Salvage DHL Jobs
Company's Pullout From Wilmington, Ohio Will Eliminate 8,000 Jobs From Community Of 12,000
www.cbsnews.com...

Oh my - 8,000 from a town of 12,000.
That's just crazy.
Wow.
Looking for a miracle here -

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBigMan

No you are wrong, that is the last patriotic hold that our government is selling to the public, we are not the strongest economy anymore.

Economically we can not hold our supremacy in the world and the G20 meeting mark the beginning of a new era and the US is neither calling the shots and neither is the leader economically.

We have too much debt.

We hold the biggest debt in the entire world even whole nations together can not match our debt.

The only thing that we still hold in supremacy and after Obama hack that one out I doubt it, is our military we have the biggest military spending in the world.

The soonest the American people realized that we lost our supremacy economically the faster we can get on with rebuilding what ever is left.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

the only thing the dollar has been gaining steady on is the yen (as far as i watch), and that has cooled off considerably.. about 2-3 months ago if you would have said this story I would take it more seriously..

There are so many currency investors worldwide, it would take a citigroup like manipulation (lol) to really be pushing something so one way. I believe the dollar index is in the 80s?

It's not so much the dollar 'gaining' on another currency, it's the dollar being propped up through the use of other currencies. Fiat currencies are all about confidence, once it's lost it's game over. That's why at some point other countries won't tolerate the swaps. But you gotta give em credit (the fed fraudsters) they really are getting out in front just like with interest rates.

As the article explains, the swaps are like no interest loans, but if I devalue my currency before paying you back then I take something from you. Like I said, beg borrow and steal till ya can't no more. As far as manipulation goes, Citi ain't got nothin on the 'FED'.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6ca59d50755.jpg[/atsimg]

This terrible tragedy would have never happened if the crew had known how to balance the ship. I think they were suicidal and purposly didn't take the necessary measures to avert a complete disaster. If you have the stern under the water line, then you take all the big guys and go aft to balance the ship.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f374ac632753.jpg[/atsimg]

That's right. It takes the wisdom and skills of our skipper Ben to keep the ship afloat and wait for the rescue boats.
lh6.ggpht.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Star 4 U!

Leave it to you to find the "missing piece of the puzzle"...

Alvarez & Marsal Hong Kong Unit Files for Insolvency (Update1)
www.bloomberg.com...

April 17 (Bloomberg) -- The Hong Kong unit of Alvarez & Marsal LLC, the New York firm that is restructuring Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., sought voluntary protection from creditors because of a business dispute.

The unit of the restructuring firm filed for provisional insolvency to defend itself in a dispute over “the business terms of a contractual agreement,” Alvarez & Marsal spokeswoman Rebecca Baker said today in an e-mailed statement. The company is involved in a lawsuit with a former partner of an entity it acquired in 2005, according to Hong Kong High Court documents.

“This has been a two-year dispute with one individual,” Baker said. “This has no impact whatsoever on our ability to serve clients in Asia or anywhere else, and it has no impact on the rest of Alvarez & Marsal.”
More at Link...

[edit on 4/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

LAYOFF DAILY
Fri 4-17-2009

Hallmark Health -150
Citrus County -18
Manufacturer AMT -40
Weyerhauser Closing Facility -75
Garment Co. Goes Bankrupt -120
City of Seattle -30
Carlyle and Co. Closing Plant -90
and Daniels Law Firm -17
Playworld Systems -38
Kirsh Foundry Inc. -60
Lufkin Industries -92
City of North Port -24
Teradyne -350
Ad Agency Doner -100
Howard Kennedy -40
Toshiba -3,900
Boeing -300
Harley Plant Kansas City -70
ABX Air -518
NY Dept. of Corrections -50
Sony Ericsson -2,000
City of Toledo -300
Railroad Workers In Buffalo -400
Marion County OR -25
Weyerhaeuser -66
NATCO -50
Queen Creek -20
Rum Company Furloughs -50
Detroit EMTs -12
Oremet Corp. -1,000

TOTAL - 10.005 est

You know things are bad -
when even I, (who happens to have a bit of the atheist in me)
can only mutter - OH MY GOD - when will it stop?

[edit on 17-4-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Just wait for next weeks results...

They'll get an extra days worth added from Good Fridays non-reporting day...

*I think* the stated daily average was 11K?...so add that in...

Plus...every backdated report (if you look back) has been updated to even higher numbers than the original reports sooo...

And...why no commentary on the 2009 post like here?

Star 4 U!

Thanks again!!!

AIG Chief Liddy Should Sell $3 Million Goldman Sachs Stake, Lawmakers Say
www.bloomberg.com...

[edit on 4/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

gov = 40 % of citi

= mass manipulation lately.. its pretty obvious in the charts when there is such HUGE selling momentum to keep below the strike - 1,000,000 share block trades after hours = untradeable

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

what im saying though is how do you propose they are going about this? like what market instruments are they using etc...

its harder to get away with things in some places than others (secondary,third market.. etc..)

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by GreenBigMan

No you are wrong, that is the last patriotic hold that our government is selling to the public, we are not the strongest economy anymore.

Economically we can not hold our supremacy in the world and the G20 meeting mark the beginning of a new era and the US is neither calling the shots and neither is the leader economically.

We have too much debt.

We hold the biggest debt in the entire world even whole nations together can not match our debt.

The only thing that we still hold in supremacy and after Obama hack that one out I doubt it, is our military we have the biggest military spending in the world.

The soonest the American people realized that we lost our supremacy economically the faster we can get on with rebuilding what ever is left.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by marg6043]

Who has ever carried more debt than the USA?

We have been paying for this as well.. take a look at what t-bills were going for, and what fluctuations we had in bond movements to account for this. Higher % tbills = more international money coming in = more institutional money coming in = more retail money coming in

1940-50's we carried more than double percentage the debt we do now related to GDP - we got out of that, i say we continue that trend.

Also, I believe back in the late 1700's we carried over 2 billion dollars worth of debt that good old *$20 bill* got us out of, what would 2 billion dollars adjusted for inflation plus annual rate of return of 7%? Prob. calculates to about the odds of me getting some tonight HAHAHA

If we are not the strongest country in the world anymore, you should def. move to the strongest one if you fear for your livelihood in this one.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Hmmm...

Citi trade profitable but now tough to execute
www.reuters.com...

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A popular trade involving Citigroup shares could yield fat profits after the bank said on Friday it is not changing terms of a preferred share exchange, but new investors could struggle to get a piece of the action.

The trade involves buying Citi preferred stock and simultaneously selling borrowed shares of common stock (C.N), known as short-selling.

The preferred shares can be converted into common stock in a few weeks, meaning they can effectively be used to buy Citigroup shares at a much lower price than the level at which they can be sold now, potentially yielding a 200 percent profit.
More at Link...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

yes, that was the arbitrage I have been speaking of...

i tried to get my dad to get me a prospectus, but he didnt want to bother

the filing for the preferred is actually debated as to what it says, with a lot of rumors flying around... also a supposed short-squeeze.. this has to do with a lot and trust me its like 10 posts of material if you really wanted to sink your teeth into it.

i think ive spent about 10 hours total reading about the play on this, and am killing myself b/c i dont have capital to buy the preferred right now. you are getting a great deal because par is at 3.25... see here is where it gets interesting b/c they hold around 1 bil shares short...

now where is this all coming from? a lot of people think this is gov making sure they come out green and just sucking the retail investors money by selling calls and buying puts since marginable stock has been relatively hard to come by for hedge funds and the like... whew out of breath.. but that does not even begin the whole story

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

now where is this all coming from? a lot of people think this is gov making sure they come out green and just sucking the retail investors money by selling calls and buying puts since marginable stock has been relatively hard to come by for hedge funds and the like... whew out of breath.. but that does not even begin the whole story.
Yes...

This was done last month?

The .GOV protecting those shares to avoid shorting...

A big scam...no price discovery possible...

No way I'd put a cent in that...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

dude, you dont even want to know.. there is like 10 more angles to this thing.. but heres where i started to get weary of this whole thing..

i watch the after hours like a hawk, trading huge volume in huge price fluctuations after market...

this tells me - 1. idiot retail investors trading after hours are getting the bid/ask's knocked up huge and getting their market volume

2. 1,000,000 and 500,000 block trades after hours consecutively AFTER HOURS

3. Had on the real-time streamer charts... you have no idea the market depth of this thing... unreal level 2 liquidity on both sides.. just in such pricing channels... its all institution/gov. ran org's.. and wanna be's like me if my order woulda filled...

i mean still could skyrocket.. but then you will see a *****in selloff like you would not believe..

I also look to GOOG for this on their earnings..

watching after hours---priced jumped 10 dollars.. hovered.. then sank 15 dollars instantly.. this was OBVIOUSLY MM's MANIPULATING bid/ask and sucking the **** out of the idiotic retail game involved..

NOTE TO EVERYONE : NEVER, EVER EVER TRADE AFTERHOURS - UNLESS - YOU ARE TRADING ON A NYSE PLATFORM/TERMINAL

EDIT * hx - good eye on the price discovery.. im glad you caught that.. the chart for this though went from SO BULLISH to Soooooo bearish.. its crazy.. still though if i had 1000 to throw in, and money flowed like water for me right now, i would still play that lottery ticket, then never leave my trading desk, my eyes would be bleeding even more than they do right now

[edit on 18-4-2009 by GreenBicMan]

[edit on 18-4-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
So anyone who has paid attention to my posts has seen how I mention that it all goes back to Goldman Sachs - many times. Well a blogger has managed to really do a great expose on GS

Goldman Sachs Crash the Market in 2008?
A logical analysis of Goldman's behavior from 2006-08 would indicate that is precisely what happened. Why would Goldman crash the stock market? Well, besides the billions to be made from the downside volatility, and back up (V-shape recovery) Goldman would eliminate most of their competition of investment banks (Lehman Bros, Bear Stearns, Merril Lynch) and consolidate the smaller non-merchant banks into tiny bite-size pieces to be digested later, with the help of the corrupted FDIC. Lastly, by crashing the market, and forcing a bailout, they would get sweeping new powers for the FED and Treasury under the guise of new regulation. The existing regulatory bodies, the SEC and CFTC would get zero, while the new massive powers to police capitalism, shut-down entire industries, and replace CEO's would go to none other than the FED. Didn't they start this crisis?

JP Morgan, the only force greater than Goldman Sachs, had decided a few years back that the 100 trillion CDS (Credit Default Swap) market had gotten way to big and unruly and it was time to call in all the chips. Once or twice a century, JP Morgan will issue the order to crash the market and this time Goldman Sachs was called to deliver the bombs.

The CDS market had ballooned to over 100 trillion dollars and it was time, to rein in this monster. Even though sub prime had constituted only 5% of this mess, it would make a great scape goat, to feed to the angry public when the crash happened. The public and media have been dumbed-down over the years because of how technical finance terminology had gotten. Not knowing the difference between a bank and merchant bank. Thinking a derivative is actually an asset (thanks to TARP) and so on.

Much, much more

Also, read this PDF from Fred Lucas: In Goldman Sachs We Trust:
How The Left’s Favorite Bank Influences Public Policy

Another very important read...

The beginning of the end: demand for long-term US debt has dried up
DateSaturday, April 18, 2009 at 02:02AM

Greetings fellow inmates!

We’ve reported in QE and its relationship to foreign exchange reserves and China’s foreign exchange reserve growth has slowed down about the declining levels of reserve growth across the world and the effects this is likely to have on the “reserve currency” country and their respective QE programs. As the largest of the reserve currencies, we’ve focused a lot of our attention on the USD, not only tracking the weekly evolution of Uncle Benny’s QE, but also focusing our discussion on how demand for US assets is behaving as it has direct repercussion into how much and how fast Uncle Benny will ramp up QE and eventually bring about a dollar crisis.

On Wednesday, 04.15.09, the Treasury released its TIC data for February, and lo and behold they showed a declining demand for long-term US assets. Private foreigners bought $68bln of Treasury bills but only $23.5bln of Treasury notes and bonds. Other than that, foreigners were still net sellers of Agency debt and long-term corporate debt. Below is a chart of the detail.

Again, much, much more

fixed tags

[edit on 4/18/09 by redhatty]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

If we are not the strongest country in the world anymore, you should def. move to the strongest one if you fear for your livelihood in this one.

Yeah, I heard that one many times over, the last hope of American patriots to keep believing what US used to be, passed over by fathers to sons on the patriotic effort of cementing believes.

That is the reason this nation is falling down, because people are still grasping for the hope of greatness.

Obviously you have not following the G20 and the role our nation has been relegated too, read my lips, America doesn't whole supremacy economically anymore.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
And yet another "shot" across the bow...

China says key currency countries need watching
www.reuters.com...

BOAO, China (Reuters) - Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao said on Saturday that the economic polices of countries which issue global reserve currencies require closer supervision as part of building a diversified international monetary system.

Wen and central bank governor Zhou Xiaochuan also cautioned against jumping to the conclusion that China is already on the path to economic recovery, after data issued on Thursday showed signs of an upturn in momentum.

Wen's currency comments, an apparent reference to U.S. economic management that Beijing has blamed in part for the global financial crisis, were twinned with a pledge to promote more international use of the Chinese yuan.
More at Link...

Obama says he'll cut dozens of wasteful programs
www.reuters.com...

[edit on 4/18/2009 by Hx3_1963]

new topics

top topics

<< 250  251  252    254  255  256 >>

join