It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people here have seen a UFO?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Ive seen 3 up close as written about here at ATS
An Australian Account

... and a 4th on a separate occasion slowly tracing the path of the road in a court opposite my house...

IRM

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by C-BuZz

Is that necessary? Nobody asked you to insult anothers opinion in a thread which has nothing to do with the Meier case.

With that said: I am one of those who has never seen a UFO.

Do I believe there are UFOs? Yes...to a point.

Would seeing one myself help to solidify my belief? Again, yes.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Yes, i have seen one so clearly that i consider myself one of the lucky few.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I have seen 1 upclose...disc shaped with a white dome light on the bottom.
I heard a pulsating hum..it got louder the closer it came (which is why I looked out the window), and for some reason I knew the sound was just in my head.
What I found strange was...after seeing it in the front window, it passed over the house and I ran to the back window and watched it...the whole time thinking to myself "I need to wake up my husband...but I can't take my eyes off it or it will be gone"
I will never forget it.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I have, on more than one occasion, in different parts of the world.

Mind you: I am not saying that all those "unidentified objects" were of extra-terrestrial origin. I don't know that; there is no way of knowing.

But they were definitely unidentified and apparently unidentifiable (not just by me).

And no, they weren't Venus.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

Virtually everyone with reasonable vision acuity that has ever been outside and looked into the sky has seen a UFO or a MFO.

So the real question is “What is the true identity of these things?” and how can they be proven one way or another?

Some people look at an object and take for granted that it is a common aircraft and never really focus on it, disregard it and move on. Others see something in the sky that they cannot categorize and become obsessed with it. Where is that happy medium?

There was a UFO sighted in a small town just outside Atlanta, GA back in 1974, that an entire town witnessed and everyone who remembers it, remembers how odd it was that we all dismissed it so quickly. It was at a high school football game and there was suddenly this big illuminated green oblong orb that seemed to appear and slowly rise during the game. We all saw it, some of us stood up and pointed at it, the players on the field all stopped playing and looked at it and none of us remember what happened after that.

It was a Friday night game and the following Monday it really wasn’t discussed. Someone asked me about it and I remember that I had a difficult time thinking about it and then I suddenly remembered seeing the orb, standing up and pointing at it but nothing after that. I asked someone else and they said they remembered seeing it too but nothing more. I remember the coach saying that there wasn’t a film of that game (we generally filmed our games for review), but the whole idea about the green thing just sort of faded away from our thoughts as did that entire evening. It has always puzzled me and I still have a very hard time thinking about it and my thoughts are so quick to move on to something else. Sort of an ADD thing associated with it. I am having a hard time focusing on it now.

Maybe it was swamp gas and it affected our memories some how.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
3 sightings on different occasions:

May, 2003, right before dusk, I saw a silver ball sitting perfectly still in the sky to the north. I watched it for about 5 minutes until cloud cover blocked it from view.

August, 2005, approx. 9pm, I saw a shooting star come from the west, stop and head north. It was a white light when I thought it was a shooting star. When it stopped and turned north, it turned bright blue and zipped off into the horizon.

June, 2006, around 730pm. I saw a black disk hovering in the sky. It did not move at all. I call it 'disk' but it was as if the bottom of the disk was facing me, so it looked like a black circle i the sky. Flat black. no reflection. no movement, no sound. It sat in the sky for about 10 minutes. Long enough for me to point it out to my friends and have them confirm i wasn't seeing things. It seemed to either shrink in size, or go higher and higher. I couldn't really tell because it just didn't seem to move. It just looked as if it got smaller and smaller until it disappeared.

I live relatively close to Wright Patterson AFB, so I just figured my sightings were something they were doing... except for the shooting star one, I never really thought they might be extraterrestrial.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Some interesting replies, thanks everyone.

Seems plenty people have seen something and also quite a range of things. Its interesting the range of shapes because that would seem to indicate multiple culprits.

Human design for example doesnt really make many major leaps that often as you can see from cars and planes, in most cases the primary shape is standard enough, just changes in egonomics and bodywork over time.

I find it unlikely an "alien" species would have so many design models in play at any one time also, more likely they would have one or two primary shapes which they had identified as ergonomically viable for the type of propulsion, as opposed to various disks, saucers, cigars, balls and a triangles.

Somewhere in the mix theres sure to be experimental craft being developed by our own planet, those designs id guess would vary plenty in the search for the idea model.

I do agree though, theres definately something going on in the skies although its hard to place what that is. Is there a group who collates this data, with information on where objects have been sighted world wide and what type? Theres probably a lot to learn from seeing that kind of map, intelligent things almost always have discernible patterns over time. It would be interesting to see where and when certain sightings were concentrated and also to see what "news and events" were prominent in the area at the time, normal and unsual to see whether theres any kind of pattern associated with these sightings and events.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
One UFO and two aliens.

But separate episodes.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I've seen two! One when I was a wee nipper and the other in 1998.
When I was a kid my friends and I would stare up at the night sky like most kids do. On this occasion we saw a pin point of light, just like a satellite, come into view which did a right angle turn to the left when it was right over head.
In 1998 I filmed the now famous black triangle, thought to be test flown from Warton BAE, which was hovering in a gale just off the coast at Crosby, Merseyside, England.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by silver6ix
Somewhere in the mix theres sure to be experimental craft being developed by our own planet, those designs id guess would vary plenty in the search for the idea model.

I'd like to mention that I live near 3Ms' main office/plant.

I have always wondered if they were up to something.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Once whilst camping i saw an amazing array of multicolured lights on top of Caerphilly Mountain. Which is based outside of Cardiff. Now apparently the night i saw these lights (along with my other camping mates) there was a Shirley Bassey concert being held in the millenium stadium. So it could have been fireworks or something like that but they stayed in the one position for a good few minutes.Now i would say these lights were about 3 miles away from me pretty much at the highest point of the mountain whereas the stadium is a good 8 miles away and the whole of Cardiff is blocked out by the mountain. So im unsure what it was but it was pretty cool to look at.

The only other time was about 3 weeks ago. Again above a mountain, it was simply 3 bright white lights which seemed to be in a triangular formation. It stayed very still. My girlfriend reckons it was motorbikes or quads. But, it was about 10pm and these lights were in perfect allignment and a fair distance from eachother. It was stationary until it went out of view.

To sum it up ive never seen anything which id say was 100% a UFO, th e abve two are my only experiences which might have been a UFO but one thing is for sure i certainly would love to see one!!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
My Husband and I saw something walking home late one night about 2 years ago. 3 lights in a triangular formation caught our eye steadily moving across the sky. It was pretty high up and we watched it cross from one horizon to the other, then all of a sudden the lights shot off in different directions! By the time it did that we had sort of talked ourselves into it being a satellite or a plane or something But the way they shot off put those thoughts to bed pretty quickly

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Is there a group who collates this data, with information on where objects have been sighted world wide and what type?

I am sure many countries have them.
I know there is an agency or body in the USA that collects systematically such data.
I have visited their site, but it was a long time ago, I don't remember its name.
I am sure someone else can help you with that.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
i saw something in the late 60's with some friends outside of boston, ma.

we were hanging out one night and i noticed something off in the distance heading towards us. it was slow and twinkled at that distance. it came rather low and steady, all the while sort of twinlkling. i realized it wasn't just a light when i saw something drip off it with the same twinkle.

this is about the time i pointed it out to my friends, i had been watching it for a couple mins before that. it still didn't change course or speed. we were only a few miles from logan airport so i thought maybe it was a plane but at that speed i believe it was too slow even for a single engine.

anyway it kept coming from our right to pass infront of us and it looked as if it was engulfed in flames, which was the twinkling i had noticed in the beginning.

it "dripped" right infront of us at a point that we thought whatever fell had to have landed on top of a grade school over the hill.

to us, the perspective was that it was flying very close as we could just about make out individual flames, especially when it dripped, the speed (as it came off)and flames of the drip made it look very close, lol (sorry about the discription)

if it was a coventional craft, it did not appear in distress and would have crashed, i'm sure, had one been burning for that long, imo.

it appeared so close we ran up to the school to look for anything on fire in the area as we were sure it was a direct hit. as far as i know it kept going and we were focused on the drip so we lost sight of it.

it wasn't scary and all the while it made no sound and no fires found. actually it was pretty cool. a hot air balloon had even crossed my mind but it was at night over cambridge, ma and going faster than one could anyway. don't forget the flames.

just about a few months ago i came across a sighting like mine, they seem to be rarer than other types.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I saw UFO’s on two occasions. Both when I was 17.

The first one was in the back yard across the street.

It was a teardrop shape about 7 feet long, point up. It was by a tree, about 4 feet off the ground. Flat gray color. I tried to walk up to get a closer look. When I got about 20 feet away, it went around the tree then shot straight up. Made no sound. 4 people in addition to me saw it. 2 of them were my cousins. About 20 years later I asked one of them if they remembered seeing something in the back yard. She remembered clearly.

The second one I saw about a month later. I was in the back seat of my friends car. There were four of us in the car. We were driving down a un lit mountain road (West Virginia). The guy driving started pointing out the window saying stuff like “OMG! what the … is that?) There was a really bright light in the distance. Moving from left to right. A moment later we lost sight of it behind a tree line. A moment later it was over top of our car. My feeling was that it was maybe 20 feet up. It lit up the whole area like daylight. I kept asking the fellar driving to pull over. I wanted to get out and get a better look. He never did. This UFO was HUGH! I’m not sure of the color, but it seemed to be very dark.

The next morning I started watching for the news and reading the paper. I was sure SOMEONE would report a UFO. I remember thinking there were a lot of people standing around outside our car. For years my thinking was that we were on a lighted highway and people had stopped to look up.

One day, about 30 years later, it dawned on me that we were not on a lighted freeway. We were on an un lighted mountain road. I also remembered that I never actually remembered getting home that night. One moment I was on the road asking Richard to pull over, my next memory was when I woke up in the morning.

Were these things "driven" by aliens"

Beats me (I sure hope so).

Part of me wonders if these things might be man made.

I sure hope we find out, for real, someday.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I was fortunate enough to witness one about 4 months ago...

I had just left my friends house on my motorcyle. He lives on the north end of the block. I was on the south end waiting at a stop sign heading south. I noticed some strange lights just above the treeline (maybe 30 yards high) about 2/3-3/4 of a block(roughly 150 yards) away. I figured it was some sort of antenna in someones yard. However it had caught my attention, and I planned to investigate. I proceded south through the intersection and approached the object. The closer I got to it the more I slowed down, and the object behaved in the same manner. Eventually we were parallel to eacother and I was at a complete stop and it was hovering. At this point it was at most 50 yards away. I lifted my helmet visor up, trying to logically explain what I was seeing. Hoping it was just some sort of strange reflection. I even almost got my helmet off, but just as I unbuckled it the object started heading north. It was traveling no faster than 20mph at any given time during the initial experience. I turned my motorcycle around and proceded to chase it. I blew through the intersection with the stopsign I was just stopped at and attempted to follow it. As I was approaching the house I had just left I honked my horn trying to get someone to come outside so I had some verification of my experience. The horn actually startled the object. It immediately accelerated at an immense rate. It gained altitude and dissapeared into a very odd looking cloud formation.

It looked sort of like a flying sarcophagus. Red lights on the starboard and portsides. With some bluelight, almost looked like a butane flame, emitting from the dorsal side. The object was totally silent. If it was even humming it was inaudible above the noise made by my motorcycle. Btw the motorcyle is 250cc's, nearly inaudible itself.

The pilot, assuming it was manned, was most definately laying down in the ship. That is assuming that the pilot is anywhere near the size of a human being.

It could have been some sort of government test vehicle. But honestly, the "feeling" I got from the object was quite the contrary. I felt as if whatever was in the object was actually in my head. I had the same strange feeling for a good hour following the experience.

I always believed with as diverse as our planet is, there has to be diversity outside our planet. The experience was a total mindf*%@, regardless of how much of a believer I thought I was. The saying is most definately true. Seeing really was believing.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
1986(?) me and my best friend saw flashing lights outside my window, we ran outside and yelled to my mom who came out too- it was nighttime- a large dark saucer, colored lights flashing around the outside, hovering right over the trees in my backyard--- next day we heard from a neighbor with a police scanner that many people in my town had called the police that night after seen the ufo (never reported in the news though)--- we were not far from the wanaque resevoir in nj which, at the time, was a hotbed of ufo activity

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well I'm a long time board lurker, may as well start posting too, right?

Originally posted by Wakingup
I'd like to mention that I live near 3Ms' main office/plant.

I have always wondered if they were up to something.

Funny you should mention that. I grew up near a 3M facility on the Mississippi River in Minnesota. I have had two particularly good UFO sightings.

First was in 1987, I was about 10. I was staying at a friend's house for the weekend and his parents had a Skylight window in the roof of the attic room. It was a larger window and was used for viewing the night sky during the winter when it was too cold for outdoor activities. At any rate, we were just looking at the stars, one in particular that was twinkling oddly, at then it started to move. It first raced in a easterly direction then bolted for the north and disappeared.

Second was in 1996. Spring time, same area. Myself and a couple of friends were on a night time run, around 9 PM. We were cutting across the playground of an elementary school where we always stopped and used the outdoor drinking fountain. I saw something in the sky above the school out of the corner of my eye. At first I thought it was a flock of birds, since the air was wavering, and I associated that with wings. However, when I looked up, it was no flock of birds. There was a large triangular shaped object in the sky, you could really only make it out due to the fact that there was a dim light at each corner. Each light had that wavering air effect, like heat rising from asphalt on a hot summer day, and the color of the object was a darker blue/black than that of the night sky. It kind of gave the effect of a triangular hole moving across the sky. It was pretty low in the sky, and was larger than the school we were near. Easily over 100 yards in length, probably 30-50 yards in width at the widest point. It was moving at a leisurely pace, but made no noise what so ever. There was a drumming in my inner ear though. We did not suffer any missing time or anything of that nature though.

The second sighting, obviously changed my viewpoint on life. I always keep my eyes to the sky now. I've seen all sorts of weird lights and whatnot, but nothing that could compare to what I saw above that school.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I have seen the same orange and white orbs that people have seen around southern Indiana & Illinois for i think the last 50 years the first time was when I was 13 then when I was 18 and again about 2 years ago. But every time people see them there is always an article in the newspaper or something on the news but they always have areason for them anything from kids flying kites to military aircraft. These things have been seen since the 50's at least that was the earliest report i could find using google.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join