It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people here have seen a UFO?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
On a camping trip at moosehead lake in maine when I was young I saw a ufo that looked like an oval. (horizontally)
It was close to the classic cigar or disc shape but the edges were more rounded and smooth rather than coming to a definite egde.
I distinctly remember thinking it was wierd that I could see no windows, no seams, rivets etc. it looked as if it was "poured" as one single piece.
The only thing I could compare it to in my mind was a drop of mercury, perfectly smooth.
I approached it and thats the last thing I remember.
Next thing I knew I was on the porch of the camp we were renting, bone dry although it was raining hard outside.
I was scolded by my family when they found me, they were all soaking wet from searching for me in the rain for over 2 hours, and I was completely dry.
They assumed I had been hiding in the camp (because I was not wet) and I didn't dare to tell any of them until years later because they were so mad at me.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Saw a triangular one in spain when i was on holiday! Was a very surreal experience and pretty much just ran back to my chalet. Don't think i went outside at night time during the time i spent there!

Would love to see another sighting or maybe encounter an E.T but i realy don't know how i would react if i met another being outer space!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

I have

2 round lights that sort of collapsed in to one.... white and then red. When I was 14, so 23 years ago, but still very sharp in my mind.

Alien ufo, or military,or something else - Don't know which.

All happened very quickly though with no sound at all, and very close. Certainly wasn't Mars or Venus, or anything that far away!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have seen none but my husband saw one. He was clearly shaken when he was telling me about it. He is not one to even admit something like that.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Only once in 1986, I was in a camping park with a group of friends (about 15) and everybody saw a huge disk shaped object with a very strong light coming out of the ocean and stayed for about 2 minutes several meters above the water, then sudently it was doing 90 degrees turns at an amazing speed, then acelerated in Lisbon (Portugal) direction with a strange noise (wistle). On the next day news everybody was speaking about the strange object detected by control tower at Lisbon airport.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Really interesting to read everyone's responses.

I've experienced three UFO sightings. I do not know, of course, the true nature of them.

The first was near Salmon, Idaho. A friend of mine, Bill Schulenberger and I were walking from the Elk's Club to my house -- we'd been at a Boy Scouts meeting; we were 8. As we walked through the sagebrush, with the Salmon River at our backs, we saw....... I don't know really how to describe this..... it sounds so hokey. It was almost a classic cartoonish "saucer", with the bubble on top and everything. We crouched still and watched it --- about 150 yards or so away. We were excited and also scared. It was .....hmm ..... I was going to say making a noise, but that's not it.... it was making a pressure, a modulation. The sky started to hail. We ran to my house and burst into the house yelling "we saw a flying saucer!!!" Nobody believed us. I remember it very clearly.

The second, I was about 12 years old, living in southcentral Utah. My parents and I were outside feeding the horses cornstalks, and my Mom said, "OH! what's that?" and we looked at the sandstone pinnacle we called the "thumb" about three miles away, and saw a green glowing sphere. It moved somewhat slowly across the face of the bluffs, appeared to pass through what we called "Castle Gate" -- two sandstone pillars where the Price River and highway passed through -- and then fairly shot off in a direction perpendicular to its original path.

Fast forward to four years ago. My Bride and I were lying on the beach, sipping a little wine and looking at the sea and the stars. We saw something, a light, that came down slowly, and we thought it was a flare of some sort, except it was purplish. About the time it got close to the horizon, it shot to the east, parallel to the water and shifted into a more orangish color and was beyond the end of the island in less than a couple of seconds. That's about four miles. We were both still: ""Did you see that?" "yep." "what was it?" "I don't know."

We spend about 15-20 minutes every night outside in the hot tub. It's heated via a solar collector, and jets pressurized by a DC pump. In all the 14 years of skywatching while in the tub, we've seen nothing we couldn't explain, except for the occasional flashing light. I spend about 10 minutes every morning on www.heavens-above.com, so we can know about the know[n] Terrestrial objects. I subscribe to www.spaceweather.com, so we can know about meteor showers, spacejunk re-entry and other known phenomenon.

It's an amazing world, isn't it?

[edit on 16-10-2008 by argentus]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
So I have been wondering about this for a LONG time because my parents don't believe me and my friends call me crazy for this, but I was flying back from North Carolina and the plane was just passing over New York City on a beautiful night when I saw this brilliant and bright blue comet shaped light shoot almost straight down out of the sky and stop instantly just over the layer of smog over Manhattan and shot straight back up and disappear about 2000 feet up, and I mean DISAPPEAR, it vanished into thin air. This may of lasted all of 2 seconds but I can still see it clearly in my mind. What was it, a trick of the light, a UFO, or something else? I don't know.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
seen a very big and unexplainable flying object in the beginning of the nineties.

the only explanation is I am crazy or there is extra terrestrial life watching our planet.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
the only explanation is I am crazy or there is extra terrestrial life watching our planet.

Really? Those are the only possible explanations?

Assuming that the thing really was unidentified or currently unidentifiable, there is always the possibility of the object being of terrestrial origin. (In fact, I think very many ARE. Very many, perhaps most... but not all of them.)

And even if it were extraterrestrial, it doesn't necessarily mean that "they", whoever or whatever they are, are "watching" us.
Heck, for all we know "they" may not even SEE us!
(After all, we don't know on what level or levels of perception "they" are operating.)

As far as mental health is concerned... let's not even go there.
I will say, however, that an awful lot of psychiatrists are raving mad...

(And if you think this is just a gratuitous joke-cum-metaphor... think again. :-)

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jubjub
I've seen a ufo twice. The first one, more than 20 years ago was a small light far away. First we thought it was a shooting star, but then it came to a stop, zipped across the sky, came to a stop and zipped away in another direction.

Hey Jubjub.....I don't suppose it was in late 19** or early 19**? In the *** part of the Country?
What I saw was a fast moving satelite and remember physically pointing at it and saying..."that is the fastest satelite I have ever seen" while I was saying that it zipped across the sky, stopped for a moment and zipped in another direction and then zipped again across the sky and gone. if you traced its path it was like an acute angle. Every hair on my body felt like it was sticking straight up.
....a few years ago me and my wife were scanning the skys for fun while I had a smoke and we saw three satelites in a triange formation....but some brilliant guy on ATS told me that it was some Submarine or some other U.S. satelite thingy....I love explanations because I am a die hard skeptic and don't believe any body elses stories or experiences or I should say that I think it can be explained like my triangle formation was.
The zip zip across the sky seems to be a little more difficult to explain yet.
So.....tell me where and when you saw your zip zip.....in fact I am now going to go back to the top of my post and edit out the year I saw it so as not to influence your answer...... I even *** the area of the Country I saw it in. I hope you read this and respond.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Argentus......Argentus..... screw the UFO's I want your life!
I'm so jealous.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Well since at earth we seem to be liking aerodynamics and this object was completely lacking that it is the most logical conclusion.

other thing is that I have found only one account on the net that comes closes to what I have seen so I won't go into any details because it was just too freaking weird.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I had a disk shaped ufo follow my car one night about 10 years ago. I was driving with my boyfriend and kids on a secluded country highway about 9 pm and saw it slowly flying toward us just above the treeline on my side of the road. When we came parallel to it it suddenly reversed direction and began tracking our car at the exact speed we were going! It tracked us for a good 5 minutes or so at least and then suddenly flew away at a tremendous speed. It was white, very bright, with rotating colors at the bottom. It was a trip! I've actually seen ufos on other occasions, but I've never had a close encounter like that before or since. I was talking about it with my daughter the other day, and she said she dimly remembered waking up and seeing the ufo OVER our car and having the impression that the car was actually elevated over the road, as if it was caught in some kind of trajectory beam or something. She said she looked at me and my boyfriend and that we were looking at the ufo like we were in a trance. She said she fell back asleep after that. She was about 8 or 9 at the time, so she could have just been dreaming, but her memory of the event is very different from mine. Seems like we also lost some time getting to our destination that night. Kind of makes me wonder if there wasn't more to it that I don't remember. Does anyone think we may have been abducted? I'd be interested in getting someone else's viewpoint, I'm not exactly an expert on these things.

Thanks for starting this thread, it's very interesting. I'm looking forward to reading about other people's experiences.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS you are missing out on a great number of sightings that have been documented in threads already by members who may not be active anymore. This topic has been discussed many times and some like myself may not actually feel like typing their sightings out in detail over and over again.. so you may want to do a search for threads with similar names to yours.. there are plenty and take a look at what has already been shared in the past.

Personally I have had so many sightings I can't be bothered to keep listing them everytime someone starts a new thread. Its nothing personal hon, but I am starting to come down with a cold and just don't have the energy to go into it all tonight.

I hope you take a look at those threads there is alot of information in them.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Í've seen two black stationary dots in the sky last year here in Finland. My friend pointed at the sky while he was swimming in the river and we watched the objects standing there for about 20 minutes before they seemed like slowly dissapear above the clouds.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Last year about late January, I was walking my dog and just turned a corner. I glanced up at the sky because i was heading up a hill and saw this bright green light. I then turned to my dog who i thought was pooping in someones yard and i thought to myself, damn that is a HUGE bright green star!!! I then looked up and just at that time it zipped across the sky and left a green streak. weird!

a few days later i saw a flash of white light in the night sky, huge but it made no sound. then that was it. ...?
IDk.

My mom said she saw a metal craft with lights hovering over a Panama City Hotel with me and my family, it was in the news and everything. I don't remember because i was too young.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Optix]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I've seen 2 ufos in and around the city of Cardiff, (like daxman) within the last 2 years. Both orbs, one white one red, silent and very fast moving.

Ah it's nice to read some real sighting information and not prophecy bollocks from the federation of crap!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
reply to post by Vanitas

other thing is that I have found only one account on the net that comes closes to what I have seen so I won't go into any details because it was just too freaking weird.

Oh, come on... *I* am more "freaking weird" than you could possibly imagine.

Let's hear it.

I am sure others would like to know, too. :-)

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I might start a topic about it in the future.

I am more busy with economics at the moment

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join