It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people here have seen a UFO?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
seen the black triangle in the night sky with stars disappearing behind it.. dont know if it was ours or not but i could not ID it, never seen anything like it, i would have not noticed it untill I saw a sat disapear hind it and watchit it move accros the sky slowly as stars appeared from the other side of it.. totally freaky, no sound at all just this moving black triangle in the sky, with what looked like a star at each point of it.. never would have noticed it if i didnt see that star disappear behind it..

My wife also saw a UFO as a teenager.. hovering over a river behind her home, hovering and jumping left and right very eradicate unlike a normal aircraft then just zoomed off faster than anything she had ever seen, till it was no longer seen.. she never said anything to any one except me about it. Says it was the oddest thing she has ever seen.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Sept. of 2007.
Scramjet76 can verify this sighting as I was on the phone to him while it was happening.

I was waiting for the bus one afternoon, in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle. I was looking up, and spotted what looked like a star or highly reflective metal. Remember this is broad daylight that I'm viewing this in. It moved very slowly through the sky, and at a very high altitude, it was sometimes hard to see but I stayed with it. During it's short flight, many planes flew by, all of them at a much lower altitude than the object. I even noted a plane that was significantly higher than all the others, but it was still not as high as the object. After slowing moving a short distance, it simply stopped. It stayed in one place for sometime. I lost it, shortly before the bus arrived. Too high to be a helicopter to bright to be a balloon, it really had some sheen at moments.

I saw something similar in Las vegas about a month later. A bunch of us were down at the pool at the Tropicana, and I pointed out to a couple people 2 little bright dots moving across the sky side by side. One guy thought it was unusual because they were too close to be planes. I moment later I noticed a third one trailing the first 2 objects. Not sure what it coulda been.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I can safely say i have seen another as of from tonight! I am very excited about this as it is my second sighting! I have recorded video footage and will be uploading it tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I caught your thread about it, and am looking forward to the footage.
Good job.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I would like to thank all who have responded to this thread, as it is great to share experiences.

I saw a formation of 5 back in 1964. I was a kid, but I recall it as though it were yesterday. (It also indicates how old that I am).

I would like to suggest to all who reply to this thread to please make your voice & personal experience known to a far more wider audience on the web...

go to ...NUFORC...National UFO Reporting Center, and file your report. It is very, very easy. You will be doing a service to yourself & to the greater good of research for mankind. The site is loaded with a vast database of sitings. It is separated by states, dates, type of object, etc. You may search the DB to see if someone else in your area & date, saw something similar to your object. Very extensive site. It also makes for a great place for research.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
NUFORC is only good for Americans though

Its interesting to note that this end of the year july-dec seems to be UFO peak time historically speaking. Wonder why that is?

[edit on 17-10-2008 by silver6ix]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

I saw a V shaped formation of boomerang shaped silent craft, with a dome in the center front underside, at night, in Tucson, AZ. Would have thought they were B2 bombers, if it wasn't summer, 1979.

Saw a triangle, at night, in Connecticut, two months ago. There was a light in each corner, and the edges were glowing, like almost electric current. It moved slowly across the sky, like it was looking for something, paused slowly pivoted left, then right, while meandering a little, then proceeded out of sight, on the original course. Raised the hair on the back of my neck

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

On a lighter note, in the northern hemisphere, it could be the autumn foliage. LOL

But really though, I'm sure some 3 lettered government agency somewhere would have a better clue than I. Perhaps someone out there has some inkling...
?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I was wondering if they maybe had a shift change around this time of year and started heading home for Xmas

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
summer of 06:

I was out on a baseball field playing baseball(natrually). I look and i see this bright silver obeject really high in the sky. it's motionless at this point and is just chillin there for a good 5 seconds. I thouhg my eye were playing tircks on me so i looked away for a couple seconds rubbed my balls(eye balls that is) and looked back. I still see it there.

So about this point im tripping hardcore and memorized by it and then without warning it zips to another part of the sky rediculosly fast, faster than anything i have ever seen. then from there it just getts smaller and smaller until i couldn't see it anymore.

After that i turn to a buddy and say "did you see that?" he says "see what?" and i just went on with my life. Only told that story to a couple close friends and they have offered no explanation. anyone care to debunk?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I've seen a few things I've been unable to identify, as well as a shadow person in tennis shoes (???) at 50 feet walk out of my neighbors exterior wall across a lighted area and take off running when I approached it-no I don't wear a camera on a chain (smacks self-dooh).

I don't really 'think' in an out of the ordinary fashion when I see something that I can't explain by common understood aeronatuical dimensions. It just mostly relaxes me. I slip into the curiosity and feeling special. I don't understand why I have this response, when by all accounts I should be runnng for film.

Thinking on it posthumorously; It is as if I feel it would be betrayal-to them for having shared the inside lookaboo with me.

And I *did* try to report one that was so blatantly in my face that no one could argue the rational. Orb-wise, glowing ball of moving in impossible angles- wise. And the guy, well known, replied that he only takes serious sightings. MMMM-Kay. I wasted my time, for what?

What is the point of wasting my time filling out the form, anyway.

Now, when I look on purpose thinking of camera in mind, I feel guilty and dirty. I don't even look at the sky so much, guilty of having thoughts. What if a photo is bad for them? It'd just look like a chinese wedding anyhow. Or worse-MIBs assaulting my memory. But, I'm coming onto the idea. I've had .. 5 or so incidence of sightings this year. I never thought of keeping track. All in the west end of tacoma near the narrows bridge-1 turning to 3 in the tideflats of tacoma.

Last 3 years:
The shadow guy.
A jet that appeared out of nowhere-paused-and dissapeared into nowhere on a clear day; at a low elevation.
A silver spot of reflection that travelled at different points across the sky above me over the course of 2 hours; on a clear sunny day.
A wuffleball associated to the above.
A handful of glowing orbs.
I may have forgotten something.
(I'm not listing the paranormal, et al)

I guess if I were to describe my personal mentality at the time; I was like...oh groovin... (Im dead arsed sober*as a rule*...but 'out there' (touched) as a rule too; maybe too many concussions) I drink..a little sometimes-few times a year. Not those times. I tend not to drink because of those types of strangeness's out there.

The most interesting glowing orb-like a floating white fireball I noticed behind me as I took a smoke from a theater movie and stepped back assessing the building for it's dimensions from back in the day when it was a skate place....
I was grateful for the ball of light, as I touched on the instances of the past and traced the scene. It was funny-it was flashing red and blue. And I was in my thoughts thinking--oh god, that's great, we've got hover cop, was I on that craft..

Oh god, need beer, no beer..

Outies.
I'm serious.
UFO police papirazzi.....naaah. naaah.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I have seen the following,

late at night on the lonely straight, thirty mile country drive, that I took home everyday I saw two strange objects in the sky one was a array of three white lights heading towards me along the road I was driving on, it was being circled by littler white lights that stayed near it but had odd erratic patterns of flight like bugs .I watched them fly slowly towards me for 20 minutes. As they neared me I got scared and excited I stopped my car,I couldn't open the doors. they were jammed on my right I saw a cigar shaped craft metallic dark ,there were windows like a passenger jet but no light was coming out of them.there was a subsonic kind of humming sound . it was moving through a pasture that was there BELOW the level of the tree line . on my left was a small half crescent shaped WHITE nonmetallic looking ,craft that was periodically shining a beam of white light onto the ground beneath it. I was trying as hard as I could to watch them both from inside my car and I turned to watch one the other one vanished I looked to the other one and it also was just gone I think the whole thing took about a half an hour.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I have seen a some over the years and most of those were nothing special. I have seen lights like the "Phoinex Lights" and fireballs. I saw a cigar in the foothills of Denver in 1991. Prolly, the best one was a Black Triangle-which I saw with a friend in the Denver area and it was truly something to see-just seemed unreal. My friend who is ususally a clown- just won't talk about it. My Report

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
According to NUFORC, as for all observable objects, triangles come in second (5028), only to light (9680).

Triangles are not "new" either. They have been recorded 60+ years. However, historically they appear in medieval paintings all well.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I never have seen the triangle ,I'm actually disturbed by unidentified weird flying craft. So I'm glad I haven't seen more

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Some of my experiences/sightings:

July 4, 2008. ~11:30pm. Fireworks died down and no one is on the street. I step up on my porch (that has an open area that I can see the sky) and light a smoke. Immediately a purplish "V" shape passes directly over head, maybe 50ft from the ground. The glow is very definitive and looked solid. Almost appeared as if it was the leading edge of an invisible object, if that makes sense. It silently flies over the tree line, and out of sight. sighting lasted 5-6 seconds.

August, 2008. ~10-11pm. Again, out on my porch alone having a smoke, looking up at the stars. I think to myself, "Well you guys did a fly by a while ago, (on 4th of July of all dates). If you're REALLY up there and can read my mind or whatever it is you do, then give me a sign. Not something that will necessarily compromise you but just a little sign that you're there." Immediately I get a "feeling/thought" to look in a specific place in the sky and just then a slow moving meteor like streak goes across the sky right where I'm looking. I live in the city, we don't see meteors here. I told my wife about it. Maybe a week later she went outside at night and tried this for herself and the exact same thing happened for her.

Maybe 2003? night time. Outside I see a strange amber/orange light cross the sky, vanish, then 2-3 seconds later there was a bright flash, much like a lightening flash all around the sky, but just for a split second. A day later a crop circle was found in a field just outside of the city.

I have a bunch of other weird stuff happen but since you asked about UFOs I'll keep it at that.

BTW, these are the kind of threads I love about ATS. Sharing these experiences that you can't share with most other people without being shunned. Thank you to everyone who shared your stories!

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Flux8]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

wow that's something especially the calling meteors part
how does that make you feel ? What relationship do you think the 'meteor' phenomenon has to the strange invisible craft,interesting story.
I'm intrigued by yours and really everyone's who has posted funny but the sitings in this thread remind me a whole lot of my own and yet most of the time when I read about sitings ,they just don't sound familiar or plausible.this is a good thread

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
back in 1997 a buddy and i witnessed a glowing disc at close range hovering above the trees (about 50ft above the ground) in the Colorado Rockies. we were playing cards on the porch of cabin at about 11,000 feet by lantern light and it was around midnight when this craft flew overhead from behind a mountain. this ship was definitely anti-grav propulsion and was nearly silent except it gave off a deep, "sub-level" humming sound. one really odd thing is that it freaked out all of the sleeping animals on the hillside and we actually had rabbits and birds bumping into us as they were frantically retreating from the craft.

also witnessed a LARGE metal craft above the pacific ocean in northern California that same year.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

From the inside--Experiences indescribable--No earthly terms, highly intelligent objects with great personality that move, transform, talk that send emotions that you feel and sometimes understand. Words cannot express, unearthly emotions and feelings of bliss transferred to you and other un-understood feelings only can be experienced but not everything comprehended. As if your in a dream state and all things seem possible, this is as close as I can describe observing not a ufo but an extraterrestrial craft from the inside.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Malevolent_Aliens]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join