It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people here have seen a UFO?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Just curious.

Ive seen two, the triangle and the halcyon era cigar.

The triangle I know wasnt a hallucination as I saw it along with my brother while we were driving home from my grandads house when we were kids. It was night I believe around xmas, and mum was driving us back home and we both saw it clearly and watched it for a time with much youthful excitement.

The cigar was probably the most impressive sighting. I was 11 at the time and was on my way to the local youth club. We stayed in the country around a mile and a half from the town. I was walking up a road which runs up a hill and across the top of the road (the road bends sharp left at the top towards the mainroad) over the field I saw a cigar shaped ship.

I was no more than 200 yards from it and watched it glide across the field before shooting up to the horizon at spectacular speed where it joined another (now looking like bright dots) and they both sped off.

At the time I actually ran towards it, I was always an excited kid with little fear for things and I wanted to get a better look. There was no engine noise or anything, it was as silent as you could get. Also the speed at which it moved was just freakish, when it took off to the horizon it covered the distance in seconds and was beyond anything we currently have even now.

I do as a rule bow to reason so I have to say I accept hallucination as a possible explanation for the second sighting, I was alone and a kid at the time so ive no point of basis to deny hallucination as a possible cause much as id like to.

Still both were fascinating, the first because both my brother and I saw it and the second because it was so close up and amazing.

Anyone have any cool personal sightings?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
unfortunately I haven't. but seriously want to, although I am not quite sure how I'd react. But it would be awesome.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Yup. I had a very close up view of one in 1979. Exactly Like the ones ive seen in the billy Miers photos. Its something I will never forget ,and the main reason I believe the Billy Miers case today.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
UFO as in alien or UFO as in something in the sky i couldnt identify and didnt follow any conventional craft flight behaviour?

if its the latter then i have

what it was i have absolutley no idea but nothing ive heard of on earth can turn in a 90 degree angle and travel at the speed it traveled at ...

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I saw a UFO(pulsating disc) with a buddy many years ago,but i don't talk about it.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by all2human]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
When I say UFO I just mean Unidentified Flying Object. Something you saw and havent been able to identify.

Even for my own sightings, the cigar for example, if I could rule out hallucination I wouldnt be able to say categorically it was alien.

I could say it was advanced beyond anything we have seen until now, that doesnt mean it couldnt have been some super secret government spy plane or military vessel.

So just UFO, not really whether you believe or dont believe, im just curious to know who has seen what.

As for the emotions of seeing something like that, well for me I was thrilled. I was very young and excitable and for me it was a "WOW" experience, I ran up the hill to get closer. As an adult id probably have been more cautious!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lushyslushy

Just look up more often.

It amazes me how many people never think of looking up. I have had three sightings, four craft total, all spectacular and fundamentally different from one another.

And there is something more than believing, its called knowing. You can't know it until you see one.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I've seen a ufo twice. The first one, more than 20 years ago was a small light far away. First we thought it was a shooting star, but then it came to a stop, zipped across the sky, came to a stop and zipped away in another direction.
The other one was only a couple of years ago right outside my window. It was a cylindrical metal thing with small glas portholes. It actually looked very man made - like a large beertank with windows. However it was floating quietly across my street and over the roof tops maybe 40-50 meters up in the air...!??

As I am a cg-professional, maybe one day I could make a small video of it - Sadly I didn't own a camera at the time

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
my experencies:

1. I met them in past
30 years ago - greys
they were OK

2. 10 years ago I saw at night a "fleet" on the sky - 1 HUGE ship and a couple of discs, running smoothly VERY high, with lights on, in silence

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
yes...seen something in 1994..with husband...cousin also seen it,but was not with me at the time.
In NSW Australia...suburban area,was in newspaper next day....hundreds reported it....also on TV.
Newspaper claimed it to be Army base ...weather balloon.....but they would disappear ,then reappear. Bright orange balls of light up to 12 at one stage...then there would be ,3 or 4.Moved fast up and down etc.
Been searching ufo sightings recently....only thing similar,I have found ,is the Pheonix Lights.
I haven't looked up at night for years!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I have seen the cigar shape twice, the orange ufos twice, a multicoloured ufo which was flying on it's edge at the age of 12. A blue orb, and I have photographed a shield-liike ufo, and my husband photographed a circular ufo.

The latter can be found on my website. The shield-like object I have the negative to it.

I have had experiences concerning UFOs, but these are just a few that I have seen in my 4.5 decades of life.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

Well i seen and object in the air, and i couldnt identify it as a plain or anything like that, so yeah i have seen one..

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I have seen a few in my life but only 3 stick out.

1. In the dominican republic,me and my brothe witness what we thought was going to be a very large meteor,how ever this what ever it was came straight down looking just like a meteor until it made a very sharp U turn and went straight back up.

2.I was in highschool taking a history class bored out of my mind when I looked out the window and there IT was a silver very shiny ball hovering,then moving slow then stoping, it was so weird.

3.it just happened 2 months ago I was in my car wasting time before going into work (got there too early), I usualy look up at the sky, when I saw two silver balls side by side traveling at a fast pace, and by the time I got my camera ready they were gone,I was so angry at my self and still am.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I used to keep two Rotweillers and could only walk them late at night as they wanted to attack any other dogs they saw, and it was embarrasing wrestling with two dogs on a lead if I took them out during daylight or early evening.

I was walking along a secluded path with them about 11.30pm and all of a sudden I felt as if a cloak was being thrown over me. I looked up and a massive black triangular shaped object was passing over my head no lights or noise. I instinctivley ducked however I would have estimated it to be fairly high up it blocked all the night sky around me.

I can only guess that it went over the tree line in front of me as no sooner was it over head it was gone.

The dogs were not bothered at all, but I dont mind admittting I nearly soiled my pants. I never used that path again preferring to stay on the street. This was over 12 years ago, and i will never forget it.

There was never any missing time, and I have not seen any unusual object since, except for three weeks ago I went out at night with my boy to watch the space station pass overhead. and we saw 7 objects floating in the sky orange in colour. we watched them for a while and they went out one by one. I am convinced these were nothing more than chinese lanterns though.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The only time I ever saw one was a good few years back on a fishing trip. It was late and over the water of the dam I observed a light going up and down, up and down. I called everyones attention to it (brothers, father, grandfather) and we laughingly joked it was a UFO.
AS few minutes later the light started coming closer and closer - we then assumed that this was a passenger jet (it was on the jet route an d were used to them passing over in the day) and that the up and down movement was an optical illusion. A few minutes later a HUGE black triangular craft swept silently over us .. blinking lights along the edges. We kept waiting stupidly for the sound (thinking faster than sound so there must be a delay, but there never was).
Moments later a small military jet (we assume as it was dark but the sound of a military jet is unmistakable) screamed over head in the direction that the ufo had taken.
I also have a nighttime cellphone video of a ufo taken by a friend last year I think. A large silver saucer shaped disk hanging over houses across the street from him (moving slightly forwards and backwards). I would love to post it online but don't have the bandwidth to do it. Quality is poor though.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Apart from a couple of dubious 'lights in the sky' i have only seen one real sighting.

In september 1995 i was driving home from the gym (about 10 mins journey). It would be roughly 5:45pm and still daylight. The UFO was round and domed in shape (best description i can give) was dark in colour (grey, overcast sky so Silver?) and had three large (in comparison to the size of the object) round lights underneath. The actual size was hard to determine but from guessing its distance from nearby buildings i would say it was no more than 50 metres in diameter.

I slowed the car right down, turned off the radio and wound down the window. There was absolutely no noise from the object that i could hear.
The object 'hovered' in the same spot for approx 3mins. By now i had travelled several hundred metres further myself and had reached a junction so lost attention for a short while. I managed to observe the object for a further 2mins maximum before it slowly increased in height in a diagonal direction. at this point i found a pub car park, pulled in, jumped out of the car in time to see it accelerate up at the same angle into the clouds.

It wasn't plane or helicopter or microlight. And it manouvered like no aircraft i know of or knew of at the time.

I still live in the same area and have never seen anything like it since.

At the time of the sighting there were several small sightings of UFO's by others that even made the local paper so i knew i wasn't going mad.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I've had one UFO sighting, which changed my views on life - this was a few years ago.

Was a clear night, looking at the sky which I usually did and there were two star like illuminations 'playing tag' in the sky. They were chasing each other or playing, it really made me chuckle

And no I was not under the influence!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Yup. I had a very close up view of one in 1979. Exactly Like the ones ive seen in the billy Miers photos. Its something I will never forget ,and the main reason I believe the Billy Miers case today.

I hope that just a bad joke...

C-BuZz

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Only once.

I was smoking outside on a clear winter night, looking for satellites.
i saw what i first belived to be a satellite, slowly moving across the sky. but all of a sudden it pulled a 90 degree turn and speeded up dissapearing beyond the horizon within seconds.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
i only saw a small white light in front of my tv, the size of a golf ball with many moving tenticle like , whatever that was. i do not think this is the ufo, you are talking about here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join