It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OFFICIAL- Final U.S. Presidential Debate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Agreed, McCain is currently winning - Obama is warming up, but we're past teh halfway mark.

Fair play to McCain for standing under the pressure.

But im hoping Obama pulls it out!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Okay, all this is good and well, but how about the real thing on everyone's mind - the economy, the lack of transparency in big banks. Hello???

If the US goes financially kaboom before Jan 20, what difference does any of these issues make?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

For sure. I've been critical of McCain in the past two debates, but he is really dominating this time around. In a big way. How is Obama going to explain his stance on drilling and his ACORN donations?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

I noticed that too..... tongue tied sometimes. He was sitting very stiffly at first too. Of course, if my body felt like his probably does, I'd probably fidget and sit stiff as well. They both seem to be settling into a groove of sorts.

I like this "round table" format. I think it keeps them less vehement when looking each other face-to-face.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

They covered all of that in the first question.....
I think they are trying to cram everything into this debate and didn't give the economy the time it needed....unless they get back to it later on.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I have to hand it to him -- and just for myself, not trying to convince anyone -- but Senator McCain seems sharp tonight. He's really engaged and quick thinking.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
Okay, all this is good and well, but how about the real thing on everyone's mind - the economy, the lack of transparency in big banks. Hello???

If the US goes financially kaboom before Jan 20, what difference does any of these issues make?

ABSO FRIGGIN' LUTELY!!! Considering the events in the markets and the banking industry, the rest of this is utter tripe!!! Energy independence is important, BUT WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO ABOUT WALL STREET!!! Those crooks are robbing the American People dry!!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningStar8741
Totally aside from any political leanings or agenda. McCain has flubbed at least one line in every answer so far. "Breash of Freth air..." "Nuclear pan..power plants..." All I am saying is, havent we had enough presidents that cannot complete one unscripted English sentence?

With the age gap between Obama and McCain I would say McCain is better at piecing a valid point together. Just my opinion though, you are right on McCains verbal mistakes.

link   

Thanks Skeptic, I did tune in a tad late. Will catch the vids after it's over to review the beginning

link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Every once in awhile we have cable problems where the sound will cut out for 3 - 30 seconds. Our cable is having that 'problem' now but ONLY when McCain is speaking.

Even Time Warner Cable is in bed with Obama!

Jemison

Wrong.

We had a few dropouts when Obama spoke

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
anyone have the CNN ticker going?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

Hey, Obama just said we should enforce unfair trade agreements. They are both making small verbal mistakes.

Originally posted by marker3221
anyone have the CNN ticker going?

That thing is such bull pucky. It practically tells people how to think.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

link   
I'm sorry that Senator McCain is sawing that "preconditions" thing again. I think that's a mistake. I also think it's a mistake on his part to reference people like Herbert Hoover that many, if not most voters don't have a sense of.

link   
reply to post by marker3221

Yep....they both seem to be getting high marks in different areas.

Not a one liner.

[edit on 10/15/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Hows it lookin'?

not a one liner....

Cheers for the update

[edit on 15-10-2008 by marker3221]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by marker3221

yes, I'm watching CNN. I would've preferred a single line, rather than breaking it into women/men opinions.

link   

Originally posted by argentus
I'm sorry that Senator McCain is sawing that "preconditions" thing again. I think that's a mistake. I also think it's a mistake on his part to reference people like Herbert Hoover that many, if not most voters don't have a sense of.

Do you think its a problem that Obama didn't deny his $800,00 donation to ACORN and lying about it? If we had a fair media, this fact would be more public.

Speaking of, I love how the moderator has steered this debate in to boringsville so McCain cant destroy Obama. Lets talk foreign policy!

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Marcus Calpurnius]

link   
So now that we have corporatism, Obama wants to regulate health care costs too? Why not just flat out say, socialized medicine?

That is the only way to effectively do that, since Big Pharma is still very much a capitalistic business.

And what doctor do you know that is willing to take a pay cut?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Obama estimatethat he could save you money on health care.

Don't sound like a guarantee to me.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
They might not agree in policies, I think McCain takes things too personal and he might think disagreement is personal attack.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join