It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OFFICIAL- Final U.S. Presidential Debate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
He;s no fighting - McCain seems to have an upper hand now....

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Question 1:

McCain wins. You don't want to raise taxes at all when the economy sucks like it does now. And, he pointed out, heavily, about Obama's "spreading the wealth" comments. Good point.

[edit on 10/15/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
so exxon mobile should pay more taxes..When is Obama going to realize that corporations and businesses don't pay taxes? The money they pay to the government is consumer money. If exxon pays more, the consumer will pay more also. Including the people who Obama says he will not tax,

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
so exxon mobile should pay more taxes..When is Obama going to realize that corporations and businesses don't pay taxes? The money they pay to the government is consumer money. If exxon pays more, the consumer will pay more also. Including the people who Obama says he will not tax,

I'm not sure if you are familiar with the meaning of "windfall profits".

It's not like they are shafted.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
McCain, although I don't support him is ANSWERING the questions.

Fair play to him.

Obama - get your skates on - McCain has come out of the gate running

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Being a McCain supporter even I am impressed by how quickly he is thinking on his feet. But here he goes again on head projectors lol.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I see a problem. We need a little background info first.

Back in the good old daze, when John MCCain was a fighting man, POW's were trained to send messages using Morse code with eye blinks.

Well, ol' John seems to be blinkin a lot while sitting waiting for Obama to finish. Any Idea what his message is?

As for score, it doesn't matter. Obama seems to have lucid arguments while McCain seems to wander a little.

BTW: McCain looks old, at least he doesn't look tired, just old.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

yes, I am. It reduces drilling here and increases the oil we import. You should read up on it. Windfall profit is still the money the oil companies collect from consumers. Increase taxes or windfall profits is the same game just a different name. Oil companies aren't dumb they will just increase the price to retain the same profit.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Windfall profit taxes don't work; the companies just pass off the extra money they lose in taxes as price hikes to consumers.

Plus, if you are going to impose windfall profit taxes on an industry with a 7-9% profit margin, you are going to have to do the same with the industries with 20-40% profit margins as well.

Finally....McCain told Obama he is not Bush!!!! It's about time.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Good answer from McCain to Obama on Bush - right in the eye and addressed by name.

He's doing good - oop's there goes the word angry again

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
So far I've seen lying competitions that seemed more honest.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
What's with Senator McCain's tongue?
McBain is definitely on the attack here... Obama seems to be quietly winging it. Nice to hear McCain refer to Bush

They both seem to be directing more respect to each other tonight. Interesting to see where this goes...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

They are politicians; what do you expect? All that matters with them is who can lie the best.

link   
Obama has made his first complaint about Fox News...claiming they are unfair to him.

How maudlin.

link   
Nasty campaign tactics

Gonna be INTERESTING NOW......

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
so far, this the best debate host.

I give him high marks for his question and trying to get answers.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Couldn't agree more - all debates should be in this format

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Obama is starting to stumble imho.

[edit on 10/15/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

He's losing at the moment (Obama)

He's been caught off foot - didn't expect McCain to come out so strong at teh start, probably expected the pressure on McCain to allow him to get a foothold first. This isn't happening and it seems to have shaken Obama.

Anyone watching the CNN ticker?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Obama ducked the town hall meetings and public finance McCain pointed out.

Said he doesn't care if their feelings get hurt by the ads. Don't sound that way when he is telling McCain to get back on the economy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join