It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OFFICIAL- Final U.S. Presidential Debate

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Don't count on it

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
CNN ticker....

Undecideds are with Obama on education. Kind of like McCain (I like the option of charter schools and agree that throwing money at failed schools makes no sense), but not as much as Obama (and again, men more than women).

Ticker tells me one thing about undecideds....women seem to favor Obama where the men seem to favor McCain on almost everything (meaning who is rating higher for each).

[edit on 10/15/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Yes, I am sure you are for Obama spending more money on education so they can pay their coaches even more money to win games.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

They've had little blurbs on it, but no real question. I think tonight is domestic policy.

Hasn't that always been the topic? Pretty convenient for Obama don't you think?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
McCain looking at Obama & smiling this time.

Someone went through some training - although he doest look comfortable doing it

link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

It is important, all the time, but now, I think the electorate is more concerned with things at home than they are with things abroad. Hence, the focus on domestic issues tonight.

link   
reply to post by argentus

But most of those who are against it are not old enough to remember what it was like before Roe v. Wade. Back alley abortions, self abortions etc. Making it illegal will not stop it, just make it unsafe. And with the population growth problem...

As to the gay marriage issue, I agree, government needs to have no role. As far as the government is concerned, marriage is a legal contract, and they should not say who can and who cannot enter into any type of contract (with exception of age when a contract can be entered). If it were not just a legal contract, then why do you need a lawyer to get out of the contract?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by marker3221

He never really looks comfortable smiling. It always looks forced.

Palin's name is mentioned and the ticker dips with both male and female undecideds.

link   
HAHAHAH!! McCain said Sarah Palin knows about Autism the most!!

link   
Goddamn, had to get the autism / Palin reference out.

Dont like it

link   

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Bah, education, have they not read The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America

seriously folks, do you think either party REALLY wants an educated electorate?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Obama may have edged out McCain in the first 2 debates, but this one is clear cut (not by a massive margin,but reasonable), VICTORY FOR MCCAIN!

Interesting 3 weeks ahead!

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I agree with you on both points. I remember what it was like before Roe V. Wade, and to some extent those practices still occur. It's an important issue.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Insult her all you want, but the least you can do is type her name when you do it.

Otherwise, it's just tacky.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

As an Independent, I'd have to call this one a draw. But McCain did much better than he did in the first two.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
McCain started off very strong while Obama caught up to him later on when health care was the subject.

However, I do no think that this debate will be the blow that McCain needs in order to reverse the polls.

Good luck to both candidates.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I like you just fine Tater..... I think you bring a good mix to the boards and debates. I don't think you do yourself any favors by callin Palin "the vagina". I think I understand WHY you say it, but it seems unnecessary to me. JMO.

Cheers friend

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I agree; this one went hands down to McCain.

I think he caught Obama off guard with a lot of things, and Obama didn't react well.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
for someone who has fought for certain policies all his life he sure hasn't tried to pass legislation on them,

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join