It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OFFICIAL- Final U.S. Presidential Debate

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

OK, then let me ask y'all this, because I really don't know the answer. What is McCain's voting record regarding the growth of the government over the last eight years?

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Senator Obama seems to be parroting some of Senator McCain's phrases. I don't think that's a good idea for him. I think he uses this tactic as a way to fill the space while he frames his response, but it makes him seem like he doesn't have as good of a handle on the issue...... or at least to me.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

theyus all guilty.

They has wasted and misspent our money like there is no tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Oh god, abortion.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
CNN ticker.....

Men are really with McCain on the abortion issue. Kind of surprising. Women aren't....not surprising.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Obama is coming back but its too late - this goes to McCain me thinks....

Thanks for the update Skeptic

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

They might not agree in policies, I think McCain takes things too personal and he might think disagreement is personal attack.

I disagree completely. Obama seems to be the one that mistakes disagreement as a personal attack. In a round about way, he implies that anyone who disagrees with him is simply afraid because he's 'different' and doesn't look like past Presidents who are on our currency.

He also cris 'foul' whenever anything gets too tough - no one can criticize his wife, his reverend, etc.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dances With Angels

Tigers be there. I have more respect for someone who says what they think, even if it's unpopular, than someone who waffles around.

I believe what Senator Obama is saying, but he should just stop. He's sounding defensive (on abortion).

[edit on 15-10-2008 by argentus]

link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
CNN ticker.....

Men are really with McCain on the abortion issue. Kind of surprising. Women aren't....not surprising.

Yeah, my wifey says same.

I also agree that should be true, as a red-blooded man.

link   
Supreme Court question goes to Obama. I'm so tired of hearing about Rowe v. Wade! Good God, that was decided in the 70's! If you are against abortion, don't get one! If it is repealed, many women will go back to the 'coathanger' method that was predominant before the case! ENOUGH, ENOUGH, ENOUGH!!!

link   
reply to post by skeptic1

cause it is hard when you get someone pregnant and a woman tells you that she is pregnant but is getting an abortion. Nothing a man can do about it. It is a heartbreaking situation if you love kids.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I do believe Obama & think he is telling the truth more than McCain. But the oul' fella is coming out looking stronger, even though he may be spinning it more than the National Enquirer

[edit on 15-10-2008 by marker3221]

link   
What happened to foreign policy? Did I miss it or something?

link   
I like how the guy asking questions said one of the topics was climate CONTROL, and McCain had to jump in and correct him by saying, climate CHANGE. Anyway, I was watching NBC with the split screen, and McCain looks like a fidgeting chipmunk. When he talked about Palin, I almost gagged. McCain is coming off as a buffoon, no surprise there. I don't think I can stay awake to listen to the rest of the debate, though. I don't see much fire or passion from either side.

I am still undecided, although there is no way in hades I would ever vote for McCain and the vagina he slapped on his ticket for the gullible dumb women who will vote for him solely because he picked her for them specifically. Gag.

Education and healthcare, where will the money come from? Neither one of them impress me. This is very sad.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Marcus Calpurnius

They've had little blurbs on it, but no real question. I think tonight is domestic policy.

link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

If Roe V. Wade wasn't an important issue for much of the U.S., then it probably wouldn't be mentioned.

I hope gay/lesbian marriage doesn't come up. I personally believe that the federal government has NO role in relationships between consenting adults. If they do have a role, it's to acknowledge that they have no role. My opinion.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by argentus]

link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Palin is her name.

Learn it. You may have to use it the next 4 years.

link   
Real quick which channel is actually LIVE? Big difference in timing betwenn channels. Check it out. Srry if this has been discussed.

TU

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It is odd that men are the ones generally against abortion rights and women are for it. Kinda reinforces the idea of the patriarchal dominated society, eh?

I did like when mccain talked about states rights and being an anti federalist. I liked when obama talked about the 1st amendment, however briefly. I'm just not sure they are serious about these things.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I like Obama's performance on education.
Right on money.
Ticker does not quite agree with me.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join