It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TimeLine as of 10/12/08

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Same here. As much as I don't want this to be really going on, the facts are adding up really fast. I can't deny the truth, it kills me inside, so all that's left to do is accept this and figure out which angle to hit at to make a dent in this plan. Not me, alone, of course, but rather which group of people to unite with in challenging their one world system. I agree that humanity needs a system that transcends all barriers, borders, etc.., but it should come from the willing ideals of the individuals, not engineered necessity from elitists. It should lead to freedom, not control. With truthful understanding comes great responsibility, of which the byproduct is power. Those in control seem to have this backwards.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have a little sidebar to go along with the timeline. Great summation, BTW, redhatty!

Currency in circulation as reported by the Federal Reserve:

Sept 18th - $833.129B
Sept 25th - $836.437B
Oct 2nd - $841.003B
Oct 9th - $848.644B (link currently here, will be here after 10/16/08)

Over the course of four weeks, we have increased the amount of US currency in circulation
(that is, the amount of paper money physically printed and "in the wild" worldwide)
by $15.515B.

I have a theory as to why so much currency is being released, but I'm interested to hear what others perceive. Theories, gang?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
You put it very, very well!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

Not a clue, unless it's just another angle for them to engineer inflation of the dollar, further devaluing it, and leading to a collapse of the monetary system to push for a one world currency, bank or what not. It's like they have that main goal in mind and are attacking the agenda in every which way possible. Most people get stuck with looking at just this or that angle and miss the integrative, big picture of what is really going on. I never thought this was just a housing bubble, or stock market crisis. It seems to be too many things happening all at once. Too much going on, for it to be coincidence. Just wish I was smarter to be able to explain to the average joe, how they are being raped daily and conditioned to believe they are free, when they really are not so.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
UPDATE on European Response.

Announced today, HBOS and RBS are to be nationalized, as well as partial nationalization of Barclays and Lloyds

Telegraph UK

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Great post. You've done a superlative job compiling all of this information.

Starred and Randall Flagged for sure.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If we "re-set to zero" will anyone really learn anything? Won't greed still rule the day? Won't people still aspire to own/consume just for the sake of it? After all, if money has no value, tangibles will be more valuable than ever.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Meanwhile, Joe Six Pack continued to watch football...

I've got a new name for the Joe Six Packs that don't know anything about what's going on...

The hungry masses.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
"Here lies America"

...a once great people and nation whose bankers stole their money, used it to buy their politicians and press and lastly deprived them of their constitutional freedom by the most evil device yet created. The Federal Reserve Banking System.

She could have been saved but her people accepted their chains with the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain.

Rest in Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

My wild guess would be that they're purposely devaluating the dollar prior to the introduction of the amero. Although I must, in all honesty, admit I can't back that theses up with any logic. It's just a gut feeling.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Reset to zero means people with mortgages get to keep their homes? Car loans? Lines of credit? Man, that would be the sweetest result imaginable! I'd walk off into the forest, whistling

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Manawydan

My theory:

Bank runs.

When people keep their money in banks, the physical currency doesn't need to be in circulation. It's on a computer screen in the bank. When people pull their money to keep at home, that paper currency has to come from somewhere.

Inflation/devaluation doesn't rely on physical currency. Most of our "money" is virtual, just numbers on a screen. For example, the $700B bailout won't result in $700B of physical currency being printed, it just involves wiring "money" from one computer to another.

People demanding their physical currency, though - that puts more currency in circulation, especially such a large amount in a very short time.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I have a theory as to why so much currency is being released, but I'm interested to hear what others perceive. Theories, gang?

I saw those figures too. I would think that people are grabbing money out of the banks, and out of the electro ether. Fed saw these figures too, on a daily basis, and are trying to do anything to stop it from happening.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Oh, good job. I won't be at all surprised if you're 100% right on the money. That said, I already finished my bank runs last week. Currently looking into getting me some precious metals.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Im wondering if i can get a bank loan and buy some gold or silver.....

Im thinking if i can borrow around a trillion $$ Stash the gold under my bed.

Refuse to make payments, stating they arent legal and waiting until the clocks are reset to zero. Before getting said trillion $$ worth of Gold from under my bed.
Result i become the new dominant lending power of the world

I,ll look into this tomorrow!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I didn't see it in your original Post but the UK has pledged 500 Billion Pounds to help ailing banks.
[url= www.telegraph.co.uk...]

[edit on 12/10/08 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

Lloyds and Barclays or others too? I did update the European Actions section with a #15 about the nationalization of RBS & HBOS with the partial nationalization of the other 2. Your link isn't working, I'll see if I can figure it out

Edit to add:

I think I found it but, I also believe that it is just another installment of funds from the Oct. 9th announcement

13.On Oct. 9th, The European Central Bank is offering banks "unlimited cash" and pumped an unprecedented (there's that word, "unprecedented" again!) 100 billion dollars in overnight funds into the financial system. This latest panic move came the one day after an interest-rate cut failed to soothe tensions in money markets.

Thanks!

Any and all who read this thread, if you see something before I do, please note it in the thread so I can keep the timeline updated!

Thanks!!

[edit on 10/12/08 by redhatty]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I've had my money in Northwestern Mutual for a while now where it is good and private. I'm still getting a 7.5% dividend this year and they're still triple A rated by every rating company. They have ~500 billion in assets and had only half of a percent of their portfolio exposed to the "credit crunch" and made up for it in less than one day's interest in their other investments.

I feel like out of everyone I know, I am feeling the financial crisis the least if at all.

Keep your money in hard assets and in private places and this whole thing shouldn't be too worrisome. Then again I'm an Econ and Finance major.

There are still decent places to keep your money.

The reason for this reply is that not "EVERY INSURANCE COMPANY" is going to fail.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
things are looking good so far on the news....the DJIA futures has it at +227

Link

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

No that was not the one I posted. I fixed it now!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join