It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nationality on ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
i remember that awhile ago someone made a thread about people's horoscope symbol and if there is more of a certain type of people here based on when they are born. so that got me thinking does nationality and where you live also a factor. i'm not sure where to put this kind of thread or if it violates the T&S so if the mods remove it then w/e but anyway.

so i just am curious that if this thread is mostly Americans living in America or if it is mostly immigrants who live in America or whatever the outcome may be. well i guess ill start things off.

i am Russian who moved here when i was young.

ill try to keep track of things and maybe we will find out something about each other.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well im an Aussie living in Europe, but i discovered ATS long time back when still in Australia, and technically im back and forth at the moment.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I was born in South Georgia in the United States of America.

My ancestors fled Germany to the safety of England and came to America in 1734 and helped found the great state of Georgia.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
England myself, proud to be British!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Born and raised in Massachusettes with long family history in New England. I now live in the Mid-South.

Scotish/English blend

[edit on 11-10-2008 by VampyrOsis]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
North Carolina, United States. i lived all over the state and the general census is that most of us are proud to be north Carolinian. We have some big schools in college sports, though i never watch that madness.

my surname is English patronymic. Basically, the internet tells me im Scottish, English, and French

[edit on 11-10-2008 by drsmooth23]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hello from Norway!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well, I'd guess that the vast majority of Americans around here are immigrants of a sort.

My people came from the Ukraine, Sicily, France, Finland and the British Isles. Some worked in the coal mines in PA, some stayed in NYC, some went to Alabama, and now I'm in the 26th state.

In terms of nationalism...I'm grateful to live in a country where, as of today at least, I'm able to eat, free to speak out, and I could even go get a gun if I were so inclined.

Now, if we could just do something about this US Men's National Soccer team...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Born and raised in Michigan, but currently residing in Florida. I think you will find most ATS members are from English speaking countries due to that being the language used here. If the site had a translation program, I think you would find that the membership would become much more global.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
English born and bred and dam proud of it too ^_^

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i am an american born abroad(15000 feet across the river in canada) never lived there.
parents: one american born abroad(nova scotia) raised in america and england to american citizens, the other american born(imaly city,mi) and raised in canada. i am scot/german decendant. american by the creator the i am that i am!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Born in North Florida, live now in South Georgia.

My ancestry is Native American (both sides), Irish, Scottish, and German.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Born in a small town in Ontario, Canada. Moved to another small town in Canada, then around my teenage years moved to the small city of Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada.

Still live there now. Honestly i dont know if i will ever leave this country, I've never stepped foot outside of Canada my entire life. Now sure if i ever will.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I am from Norway. Lived 4 years in Spruce Grove just out side Edmonton in Alberta Canada from 1980 to 84.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm Norwegian and living in Denmark

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Jax, bluewaterservant, good to see the two-peninsula'd state well rep'd. And if you're a Wolverine fan, like me...WTH?!?!!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I am an Australian (born in Bankstown, NSW) living in Canada since the early 70's. I have also lived in Switzerland for a year and a half.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
American, living in the Netherlands. Most of my ancestors (Scottish/English) have been there since before 1700, some of which were one of the first settlers in America before the Mayflower. They made the trek from Virginia, North and South Carolina through to Georgia, Alabama, Texas, and settled Louisiana near the Arkansas border. I am extremely proud of my ancestors but I am saddened and disgusted at what America has become due to corrupt Government and the greed that we have had to endure over the past few years. I am sure my ancestors would be, too.

I just hope that something will turn the tide and we can be proud once more.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I currently live in Portugal, also lived the 1st years of my life in the Netherlands, where I was born. My parents then came to Portugal.
My father is portuguese (from Mozambique, lived most of his life in South Africa) and has german ancestry, while my mother is dutch. So those are my roots and cultures I grew up with.

I'm quite an international young man and I hate nationalisms or anything else of that nature.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by kingsnake]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Puertorrican living in south GA.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join