Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Nationality on ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I'm Half Moroccan and Half Welsh living In London, UK.

Proud to be Human on earth

[edit on 12-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
born in downtown LA

Norwegian, French, Swedish and Hungarian by blood.

My mother was adopted by an Missouri born IRISH steel worker and a canadian German

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
no ones claimed to be from germany (unless ive missed someone) yet most people have germanic geneology.

[edit on 10/12/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I live in California - my ancestors came to America in the early 1600's - one to Jamestown and the others to Mass.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
so i just am curious that if this thread is mostly Americans living in America or if it is mostly immigrants who live in America or whatever the outcome may be. well i guess ill start things off.

This is a little flawed as it seems that many Americans* all across the internet believe that they're immigrants because their ancestors came to America 11 generations ago and somehow they still feel that homeland calling.

Whilst, genealogy is a big interest to me and I genuinely appreciate knowing family history this, to me, stretches the definition of 'immigrant'. If you're born in a particular country, then you're not really an immigrant and if the immigration stretches beyond that of your grandparents that's definitely not the case; even the 'grandfather laws' applicable to citizenship of some countries suggests this.

Also, I'm going to be particularly interested in how many Americans apparently have Irish or Scottish ancestory, but how few will admit to having English ancestory. Or, for that matter, the 'Celtic' red-haired stepchild, the Welsh, who rarely make a blip of the Celtic-American radar.

i am Russian who moved here when i was young.

To me, that's actual immigration.

*I single them out as I safely think they're the largest demographic here and their input will dominate and skew any results.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Born in Houston Texas but raised in southern Cali, USA! I'm Northern Irish with a bit of German.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by oconnection]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
i'm ''Made in Belgium'' and i'm proud of it. And for as long my dad could trace us back in history he claims we never really left the area since the early 15oo's . So i guess i'll go along with the flow and stay up here to.

But i really don't feel Belgian i more feel like a "Earthling" . Because it seems to me where all in it together.

Nice thread btw :-) its kinda nice to know where y'all from

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Frisian/Holland...:-)

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Proud Aussie living in Sydney. Although the girlfriend and I are thinking of moving to LA.

We're always moving, so i don't really think it matters. We just got back from living in the UK and before that we were in NZ.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
im american born and raised, i lived for 23 years in baltimore maryland and the last 5 years here in upstate ny, im 1 3rd german, 1 3rd native american (Cherokee), and 1 3rd native american (lumbee).

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I am an Aussie (just north of Sydney) on the beautiful Central Coast.

My ancestry is Irish/English (among other European mixes).

res

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I am Human and fly no flag

I respect all human life and countries and the sooner we see we are all really one people the better of we will be.

Nationalities and Countries divide people and this too has been a great hurdle toward a more opened and positive world between the haves and have nots.

The poor African living on 1$US dollars a day is equal in the cosmic law of things to the mighty Warren Buffet.

The energy force that connects us all is our true reason of being nothing more.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by smokingman2006]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Hello from PORTUGAL!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
100% Irish and living in Spain for 10 years!!

Great site for everyone worldwide!!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
First generation Canadian, parents are Danish.

I too like to believe we are all one nation of Humans living on planet Earth.

That old saying "United we stand divided we fall." has always rang true in my mind.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I am American 110%

Born and raised the grandson of tobacco farmers/moon shiners in southside Virginia, now residing in the great state of North Carolina.

The family hails from a small area not far from Edinburgh, Scotland. We were a border clan, supporters of Robert the Bruce, horse thieves and killers mainly who were banished to N.Ireland before making the trek across the pond.

My family fought along side George Washington and the great Jefferson Davis. We have been here for well over 200 years ....and God willing will be here for 200 more.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I was born in the heart of the proud, ancient and mysterious Hungarian Empire (In my eyes it's still a small, but proud and brave empire.), lived in Canada and the U.S. for years but I always considered myself as the citizen of the planet, without borders, without any flags. Also in my heart, wherever I'm, I'm always a proud Hungarian.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Scottish, living in central Scotland. One of my great Grandpas was from Lithuania.

Some of my family moved away to Australia , New Zealand and South Africa, but our lot are still here, moaning about the weather!

[edit on 12/10/08 by dawa]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
i remember that awhile ago someone made a thread about people's horoscope symbol and if there is more of a certain type of people here based on when they are born. so that got me thinking does nationality and where you live also a factor. i'm not sure where to put this kind of thread or if it violates the T&S so if the mods remove it then w/e but anyway.

so i just am curious that if this thread is mostly Americans living in America or if it is mostly immigrants who live in America or whatever the outcome may be. well i guess ill start things off.

i am Russian who moved here when i was young.

ill try to keep track of things and maybe we will find out something about each other.

i'm an el latinio

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
Texan.

Which is a nationality, dangit.

lol yes it is a nationality

im from Texas too (not there right now tho)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join