It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Patriotism Terrifies me!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman
reply to post by tdogg1

The government have warplanes and battleships - why isn't there something in the constitution about that?>

The government would run out of money before it could use them. Citizens would stop working, therefore no taxes. Besides, I would like to believe that our soldiers would stand up to our govt if SHTF scenario happened.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

reply to post by RRconservative

No, I don't hate America. I was brought up on American music, i'm a child of the grunge generation. It's 2008 but I'll still travel 2000 miles to go see Pearl Jam.

my problem is with the blinkered view of so many that theyn accept what goes on around them because the government says so. Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran......seriosly, what direct threat has that country ever show you? Yes you invaded its neighbour for oil, so yes, they have a point! Would you let Russia take over Canade for gas?

Pearl Jam is FTW, sir!

but dont mistake it. the average american doesnt learn about a bombing until a few days after, just like the rest of the world. I dont mean to put words in your mouth, but I think what you are trying to express is that you hate AMERICAN POLITICS, which is a sentiment almost every southern American here at ATS can agree with.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by drsmooth23]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
You americans are no Patriotism, you are but cowards. Remove bush show the world you can remove the ugly gov and bring something new. Until then you americans are ex europeans whom Europeans let go ! You cant make your own ethic groups by calling your selfs americans ! You are made by every part of the world. Don't ever forget that you silly Patriotism fantastics over there.

90% of 300 Million people in USA did not travel outside the untied states. You are little cowards in isolation. and lost without love from europe.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Grumble

We don't have kooloaid, thats an american construct, like patriotism!

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

Okay then, put down the 2 litre of Strongbow! lol

I have to admit, that is some good stuff. Canned, not the 2 litre, I'm not a bum.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Contagion2012

reply to post by tdogg1

The government have warplanes and battleships - why isn't there something in the constitution about that?>

The government would run out of money before it could use them. Citizens would stop working, therefore no taxes. Besides, I would like to believe that our soldiers would stand up to our govt if SHTF scenario happened.

You really think so? How much does your country spend onj 'Black projects'? Hmmmmmmm?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Originally posted by tdogg1
As long as governments and their agencies have guns, people should have guns--all the people.

I have used the same words.

When we live in utopia, with no crime, no guns and a truly caring government for and by the people, then I might change my beliefs. It will not happen my lifetime.

I do not use firearms for crime and would only use one for protection in an extreme situation. But I have the right to have one should the protection issue arise.

Seems to me that the fact that the right to bear arms is the second amendment, right after freedom of speech, was planned and is significant.

I agree...a lot of bashing the "founding fathers" and twisting the meaning of their words. But those guys meant for not only us in the U.S. to be free, they meant the whole world to be free--even if they themselves were hypocrites.

The U.S has done exactly the opposite in the world that those old occultist meant it to do.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Not like you guys to attribute something that's been succesfull for 300+ years on another country!

I think you should read my post again. I am not American, I am British.

It seems to me you are deliberately looking for argument with our friends across the pond. You also do not seem to understand the concept of responsible gun ownership. Nor are you fooling anyone with your beliefs that the gun laws we have in the UK are in any way beneficial. They are not. When you take guns away from law abiding citizens crime always rises. There are many examples of this. Knife crime goes up, and guns fall into the hands of the bad guys. That's the situation we have. Not good for a defenceless populace.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
WE PAY TAXES. Without us paying taxes, how would they run the black projects?? Oh wait, they would just ask the Fed to print more fake money. You have me there I guess.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by YourForever

Regarldless of nationalism, you rfecon that something that runs ok form 300+ years then fails is of British construct?

I get the jist of your thread but seriously, you balme the UK?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
If Patriotism means nationalism, as in, supporting one's country no matter what, then that is evil.

If Patriotism means supporting the Constitution and the ideals behind it against all enemies, even if the enemies are American, then that is a good thing.

And regarding the guns, "cold, dead fingers," my friend.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Grumble]

haha, mine too.

I am a constitutionalist but god forbid anyone take my words serious. i always get blank stares when i mention that term. I dont like the guys in charge because they are there under false pretenses.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by drsmooth23]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I dont blame the UK, I blame the UK government, and the US government for allowing this to happen. The both of them have absolutely no oversight in regards to the interests of their respective populations.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
drsmooth? having trouble with the quote button, or are you a mute? have to repeat others posts. lol, jk with ya

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I actually emailed my congressmen concerning the bailout. Polls showed that 85 - 90% of Americans did NOT want the bailout. Guess what, it happened. Just proving my fact that the governments of any country that chooses to bailout, rather than let the free market work itself out, does not have the populations' interest in mind.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

drsmooth? having trouble with the quote button, or are you a mute? have to repeat others posts. lol, jk with ya

haha, just a little trouble, and a pint or two of yuengling.

another great american beer! i think

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

guns are what keep society civilized you cant have peace without weapons man i wish gundamwing was required viewing

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WisdomInChains

YOun really think guns are what keep a society civilised!? Ok then, how many drive by-s were recorde in Glasgow min the last ten years??

Hmmmmmm?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

YOun really think guns are what keep a society civilised!? Ok then, how many drive by-s were recorde in Glasgow min the last ten years??

Hmmmmmm?

Glasgow is 'civilized' because of POT. It might as well be legal there, and people are too lazy to drive anyways. lol

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Hmmmmmm?

Glasgow is 'civilized' because of POT. It might as well be legal there, and people are too lazy to drive anyways. lol

Yeah good reply, please add your sources.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Hmmmmmm?

how the heck would any american know about the local demographics of a random Scotland city without pouring over 15 minutes of wiki data?

are there coke dealers on the corners? probably not many, well, we have that here in the states. responsible gun ownership is one of the greatest rights a person can obtain.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Yeah good reply, please add your sources.

I stayed there for a month. All the people around did was put pot in their tobacco. Which is weird. Why not just smoke it straight???

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join