It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Patriotism Terrifies me!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

When society becomes civilized, let me know. Cause right now, my shotgun and pistol are important to me. I need and cling to the fact that I can protect my family and home with deadly force if necessary. It gives me confidence and a sense of well being in these very troubled times. I know an idealistic utopia would be a great world to live in, but for the right here and now, I prefer to be armed and dangerous.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman
reply to post by Contagion2012

Dude, if someone was raping my wife or threatining my kids i can GUARANTEE you it wouldn't take a gun for me to end his life.

Most British people can acquire a gun for around £300.

Most people don't.

What does that tell you?

And, if that person had a gun and you didn't, who do you think would win in that situation? Your bare hands or a bullet?

Bottom line is, we have the right to own guns in this country. And, most of the people who have them are responsible. Don't judge all of us by the actions of criminals.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

As a famous British song goes;

'Gun's don't kill people,
Rappers do!'

The pen is mightier than the sword - words can go much further than bullets, or the threat of bullets.

Yes, words can go far, especially in RAP. They can go so far as to teach you to exploit the system, and to be a 5th generation welfare recepient.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

As a famous British song goes;

'Gun's don't kill people,
Rappers do!'

The pen is mightier than the sword - words can go much further than bullets, or the threat of bullets.

Yes, words can go far, especially in RAP. They can go so far as to teach you to exploit the system, and to be a 5th generation welfare recepient.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Contagion2012]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by YourForever

Have you ever seen or heard of a drive - by knifing? Or victims caught in a cross knifing? Knife victim are almost always the intended target.

Anyway, this is going off post as the original point was patriotism, not which weapon best subdues the populace.

And as for Adam Smith, I agree, but this was in the 1700's - surely if you guys were so great you'd have thought about something else by now! Not like you guys to attribute something that's been succesfull for 300+ years on another country!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I always feel that when the government becomes the enemy of the nations citizens, the patriots that see the corruption and wants to take back the nation for the citizens are true heroes, but the patriots that will defend corruption in the misguided believe that supporting a corrupted government is the right thing to do, they become also the enemies of the nation.

That is why when a nation raises against tyranny the worst part of the fight is when your friend becomes your enemies.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Yes. There is responsible gun ownership. People that posess legal firearms, who hope to never have to use them in the protection of self, family. It's been my experience that most of my friends/family that own firearms -- even those that carry them legally -- recognize that they have a higher level of the necessity of responsibility. If a criminal does a B&E at their homes, they hope to not kill the perp, but have the mindset to do so if the perp is also armed. Likewise, most -- if not all -- of them, recognize the legal ramifications of discharging a firearm and know that it must be in self-defense.

Put simpler: If a person breaks into your home, armed, they are the agressor, and have opted into a situation which the victim did not incite. If the homeowner, having perceived the threat, shoots and mortally wounds the criminal, then that is a justified kill. It's not what anyone who owns a gun wants to do. Removing the guns from the law-abiding citizen just makes them more vulnerable.

My opinion....... and the opinion of a person who was previously carried a weapon concealed in the U.S. Now, I live in a country in which I am not allowed a firearm. When -- not if -- the criminal world splashes upon this sleepy little island, we will have to protect ourselves -- at a disatvantage -- with hand weapons. We will most likely loose. Many will shake their heads and mourn our passing. The criminal will take what he or she wants from our homes while stepping over our cooling bodies. That is the reality.

I don't like it any more than you do.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by argentus]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The UK is definately not the enemy o the USA, we share too much in common - but mis that wherein the confusion lies?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Have you ever seen or heard of a drive - by knifing? Or victims caught in a cross knifing? Knife victim are almost always the intended target.

Anyway, this is going off post as the original point was patriotism, not which weapon best subdues the populace.

And as for Adam Smith, I agree, but this was in the 1700's - surely if you guys were so great you'd have thought about something else by now! Not like you guys to attribute something that's been succesfull for 300+ years on another country!

LOL, dude you watch too much television. The only places that have '"Drive By's" are the ghettos. Therefore, the completely uneducated people. 99% of gunowners keep theirs in safes and practice at gun ranges. Thus, if we DID have to shoot, there would be FAR less errant munitions. FYI 50cent was shot 6 times less than 5 feet away and he lived. 'Those people', yeah I said it, do not have a clue how to use a firearm, just how to abuse them. Unfortunately, this is all the MSM reports.

If it bleeds, it leads. I guess.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Dude, i truly understand where this is coming from;

If I or anyone was found to have anyone break and enter my home, I can assure you I would shoot first and answer later.... without hesitation!!

However, I am eternally glad that this option is out of my hands!! Would you kill someone so easily in the USA i you had to look them in the eyes while the life drained out of them? I Think things might be different.

Again, this is not the point of the original post!!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I have never see the Uk to be the enemy of the US, but I see the Uk citizens having the same problems that we the citizens of the US are having when our government seems to support mistakes that happen to become costly to our nations.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

50 cent obviously pissed enough peple off to be shot that many times! If it was the UK he would have been stabbed once!!

The point is you nguys obviously have retards kicking about with guns they can't use properly, potentially risking many people's lives!!

Point finished!!

Please read OP for the point of this thread - not about guns, but about Patriotism!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You've got it there my friend!!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Agreed, lets stay on topic.

People here in the US are completely misguided with the way the polls are showing. Everyone is saying Obama is the new messiah, the other side is saying McCain will save America. The problem is, they are two sides to the same coin. There are far too many ignorant people in this country to where they will believe whatever they see on the 'tube.' They dont do ANY research. I would be surprised if half of the people voting for McCain OR Obama would know how to research in the first place. Bottom line is, whoever the next president is, we are screwed. Plus, too many other countries put 'all their eggs in one basket' with the U.S., and thus they are screwed too.

Dont worry folks, it will all be okay. We have the other party coming in to save you. Dont mind the man behind the curtain though. Oooh, Dancing with the Stars is Coming on!!! lol, sheeple.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1

Dude, if someone was raping my wife or threatining my kids i can GUARANTEE you it wouldn't take a gun for me to end his life.

Most British people can acquire a gun for around £300.

Most people don't.

What does that tell you?

And, if that person had a gun and you didn't, who do you think would win in that situation? Your bare hands or a bullet?

I can still guarantee it would be my hands!! Im promise you!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tdogg1
As long as governments and their agencies have guns, people should have guns--all the people.

I have used the same words.

When we live in utopia, with no crime, no guns and a truly caring government for and by the people, then I might change my beliefs. It will not happen my lifetime.

I do not use firearms for crime and would only use one for protection in an extreme situation. But I have the right to have one should the protection issue arise.

Seems to me that the fact that the right to bear arms is the second amendment, right after freedom of speech, was planned and is significant.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by burth179
The right to own a gun, in part, is for one's protection against the government, I believe that was one of it's main original purposes.

Remember they just won their rights from a King they viewed as a tyrant as well.

Awwwwww! K'mon!!! Seriously!!! Sort yourself out!!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

The point is you nguys obviously have retards kicking about with guns they can't use properly, potentially risking many people's lives!!

You have been swayed by propaganda. Now drink your koolaid and submit like a good little subject.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Grumble]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tdogg1

The government have warplanes and battleships - why isn't there something in the constitution about that?>

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

We don't have kooloaid, thats an american construct, like patriotism!

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join