It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Patriotism Terrifies me!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

No, that's their first reply, of which they were replying to the second post in which the 2nd Amendment was mentioned. But that's okay, keep shooting yourself in the foot, after all it is your right.
Or is it a privilege extended to you? By that I mean the 2nd Amendment. Is it a right or a privilege? Is patriotism really just the right/privilege to defend your t.v. with lethal force?

reply to post by dooper

You see, you lost me when you said, "my friend" . McCorny.

Is patriotism really just the right/privilege to defend your t.v. with lethal force? Surely there are aspects, that don't involve guns and threats?

reply to post by MorningStar8741

Good point!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

When does that happen? When will all you brave gun owners be fighting alongside the men and women in uniform? When will you be using your guns to protect America? So far they get used for holdups, robberies, shooting trespassers, gang wars, this list goes on and nowhere on it are any of the noble things you mentioned. It is nice to think that as a gun owner you are a proud American that will be part of the great protective force. Do me a favor, go shoot a bad guy and let us know how it works out for you. When the gun confiscations come from the millitary, let me know how that works out for you. When we get attacked with bio chemical and nuclear attack, let me know how those guns worked out for you. It is cute when my gun nut friends talk about their patriotic duty and all that. So far, I have been kept very safe from many paper targets, beer cans, and one persons foot. Ahhh, to be a proud American gun owner.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Contagion2012

The LA Riots happened in the GHETTO. If it had spilled over into the suburbs, there would have been a completely different outcome. Those in the ghetto were just trying to make a point, KILL WHITEY. BTW, should we outlaw bricks? Considering that guy they pulled out of his truck and slammed a brick into his skull on LIVE TV.

If it's not guns, it's knives. Not knive's, then spears and arrows. Not those, it would be clubs. Not clubs, then rocks. Not rocks, then bare hands.

The problem isn't weapons. The problem is humanity's inherant disposition to violence. We have always been this way, and we always will be. With my gun, I at least level the playing field if someone so chooses to 'schedule a game.'

So the ghetto is not part of America? I do not understand your logic there. It matters not where it happend. Bricks are irrelevant. Read what I was responding to

We are supposed to believe that the riots in France happend because the people were unarmed. Ok...well there were plenty of arms in L.A. and it still happend here.

Deflect and derail all you like. The point was that it happend in France because of a lack of guns. I am pointing out that it can happen in the face of plenty of guns too.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

well with your LOGIC one must bend over and take it. sounds kind of NWO to me.

we have never seen the data for unregistered gun ownership because they are unregistered.

our gun ownership laws are in place to link these crimes to the owner, problem is, that "ish" happens with black market artillery.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by drsmooth23]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fingapointa

Actually, I never said anything pertaining to a reply; I said it was his second post. So, either portray my words accurately or you can keep shooting yourself in the foot.

In this country, gun ownership is a right. The second amendment makes "the right to bear arms" a right of all Americans. Courts have upheld that right over the decades, while refining it and adding caveats to that right.

And, last time I checked, I said nothing about shooting anyone over a TV. But, I will stand by my right to protect myself and my property. And, I can do it with a gun....doesn't mean I have to pull the trigger. But, if I aim a gun at someone threatening me or mine, I am taking my rights very seriously.

As to patriotism, I have defined my definition of patriotism. Real patriotism is loving your country and its founding principles enough to question your government....no matter what. And, it also includes fighting for those principles and rights if needed.

Maybe that explains my position a little more clearly.

[edit on 10/10/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23

well with your LOGIC one must bend over and take it. sounds kind of NWO to me.

we have never seen the data for unregistered gun ownership because they are unregistered.

our gun ownership laws are in place to link these crimes to the owner, problem is, that "ish" happens with black market artillery.

No, you are right. So far statistics show far less gun deaths in countries that have guns all over, both legal and black market.

I never said we should be defenseless, I did not even say we shoud be gunless. I simply said that claiming this happend in France because they had no guns is just stupid when it happens here and we have guns. I understand that some Hannity fans out there now want to attack me every way they can for sounding so un-American, but you cannot argue points I did not make.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I live in Texas and know there are many real patriots here that want the America we grew up with. However,change is always inevitable and you must be prepared for that.

Do you really believe your govt will protect you when the SHTF? It is better to have a gun and not need it than not having one when you really need it. The crime rate went up when England instituted gun control so that is not the answer.

When times are uncertain the strongest survive and that could be gang rule in your town or city. They are better organized and armed to the teeth. I for one will not stand idly by wishing I had a weapon when a group of thugs attacks my family.

They will only take my gun away from my cold,dead hands-Charlton Heston

[edit on 10-10-2008 by seabisquit]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Hmm... Interesting, noboby has rebutted me, guess you can't argue with logic eh?

Gun ownership is a right though, read the Constitution, it's a right, not a privilege.

You see, owning a gun is a right, but what you do with it is what matters, there's two sides to everything, you can use a gun to hunt for food, you can also use that same gun to shoot your neighbor in the head, you can also use that gun to defend against your neighbor from getting shot in the head by some assailant.

Check this out folks, you can also shoot someone and not kill them, yep, you can shoot someone in the foot and stop them from harming you or anyone else.

Fact is, if we both have weapons, we're much less likely to attack each other, neither one of us wants to get hurt (unless one of us is crazy or something), if I shoot you, you shoot me, vise versa.

But with that said, like I said before, I'd never shoot anyone, not even to save my own life, I believe violence never solves problems, it only makes them worse, however if I'm armed, you are much more less likely to attack me, so I can present my logic to you for why you should not attack me, it give me a better chance at showing you a better way to live, if you know that attacking me can cause you more harm, you're more willing to listen to what I have to say.

Bad guys will always have guns, disarming the good guys is a bad idea.

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I guess it just seems sad that a thread about patriotism has become an ad for the NRA. Anyone that thinks owning a gun is all it takes to be a true patriot is no American. The constitution and pride in that should have come up at least once if not been more central instead of concentrating on the least sophisticated and most barbaric single caveat that completely epitomizes the hill-billy image the rest of the world gives us. I guess I just hoped to come here and see pages of what makes America so great and what makes it such a place to be proud of. Instead I get pages about gun ownership. How sad.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1
reply to post by Simplynoone

I'm a comin' for yer stuff...
LOL!
Seriously though, I agree with ya 110%, stuff is stuff, it's not worth dieing over, so is land, land is just land, it's not worth dieing over.
Also, I own no gun, neither would I ever kill anyone, not even to save my own life.

I have the brains to turn a hostile situation around, plus I believe that if I sacrifice my own life for the TRUTH, then God will work a miracle and things will change, that person's life will change.

It's sorta like the whole terroism thing, it doesn't matter how many bullets you put into to how many terrorists, you can't kill an ideology, the only way to change anyone is to show them a better way, they are the ones who will change.

Violence never solves any problems, it only makes them worse, however if you have a gun, people will think twice about attacking you.
-Lahara

OK anything else you need just take it ok >..I am tired of dusting it all off anyway ...LOL >..

I am with ya ...
I also believe someone else made an excellent point ..What happened to all the gun toteing Americans during the LA RIOTS ? I would like to hear that answer myself ..
Lost their nerve I bet because people can talk KILL all day long ..but when it comes to actually having to do it ..it is not so easily said than done is it ? Because in your hearts you KNOW it isnt right to kill ..and actually killing someone I am sure would mess you up mentally for the rest of your life ...(At least people who have a concience and care about other human beings .especially some 20 or so yr old lost kid who just wants to steal your stuff >>>) >>.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1
Hmm... Interesting, noboby has rebutted me, guess you can't argue with logic eh?

Gun ownership is a right though, read the Constitution, it's a right, not a privilege.

-Lahara

well, i will say this then. gun ownership is difficult for an Ex-con. you can have your rights stripped in a court of law quicker than wood through a chipper.

responsible citizens are able to fall back upon that right by being *jazz hands* responsible citizens.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman
reply to post by JipStix

Gun owners kinda scare me aswell, like they need to over compensate for something, particularly the ones who cling onto the second ammendment like it was written yesterday - guns serve no purpose in a civilised society

First, I need a gun to hunt, which feeds my growing family with meat that would otherwise cost an additional $750 a year in grocery bills. I am compensating for something alright; for not owning my own herd of cattle!

Personally, I think people who are afraid of guns are actually afraid of what they might do with one. They don't trust other adults, because they ultimately do not trust their own dark shadow-nature. They know that deep down, they are capable of depravity and mayhem---so they try to say that EVERYONE has that same temptation, and so cannot be trusted. Like a paranoiac who is looking for a scapegoat to blame for what are really his own personal failures.

And what's with the crack about "cling to the second ammendment like it was written yesterday"? Do some ammendments come with an expiration date? The founders didn't put one there. They didn't limit the scope of any amendments, either.

Liberal judges do that.

Anyway. It's sad that you are frightened by southerners, guns and patriotism. Do you spend a lot of your time being frightened? I wish you could have the luxury I share with so many of my fellow americans: living in a country that you are proud of, and that you think is worth defending. If your country of birth doesn't meet that standard, maybe you should travel and read up so you can find a nation you COULD be proud to be part of.

seriously.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
THE LA RITOS HAPPENED IN MINORITY COMMUNITIES. THEY ATTACKED MINORITY OWNED BUSINESSES. THE LA RIOTS WERE, TO THE GOVERNMENT, POP ROCKS IN A SODA CAN.

in 1992 they didnt have interweb, and racism between:

ASIAN/BLACK/HISPANIC escalated out of control

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

That's because the guy who created the thread was bashing gun ownership.

So naturally, people decided to verbally defend there right to gun ownership and explained why we have the right, it's not an ad for the NRA as you put it, it's simply people explaining why us giving up our guns is a bad idea.

Now to get back on topic, yes, this "blind patriotism" is scary, however, it's not patriotism these people have, it's brain washing, it's the "football team mentality", the "We're better than you cause we're American" mentality, it's sad that people are so blind and the fact that the gov manipulates religion to even further brainwash people (Like Christianity, it's been FUBARed, the TRUTH has been lost in a sea of money).

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
...especially some 20 or so yr old lost kid who just wants to steal your stuff >>>) >>....
[edit on 10-10-2008 by Simplynoone]

How did you know I'm a 20 or so yr old???

Well, I got's to get to bed.

God Bless,

-Lahara

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

I agree 100%. It really scares me that there is the possibility that some other country just might be doing one particular thing better than us and instead of learn from that, since it is another coutry and we are the best, we just dismiss it as crazy and unpatriotic. I fail to see how that is better than actually improving. I wonder if these people drive their cars into the ground and yet insist they have the best car on the block no matter how baddly it is falling apart or how much of the constitution the president has shredded or how far behind our children have fallen in science and math....sigh.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
" Because in your hearts you KNOW it isnt right to kill ..and actually killing someone I am sure would mess you up mentally for the rest of your life "

When you have a choice between defending your life or your family's life against certain death you will choose to kill (not murder) in self-defense. How will you do that without a gun? Even the best kung-fu master would choose the gun.

[

[edit on 10-10-2008 by seabisquit]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

First, I need a gun to hunt, which feeds my growing family with meat that would otherwise cost an additional $750 a year in grocery bills. I am compensating for something alright; for not owning my own herd of cattle!

So, what, you go out and shoot other peoples cattle?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone

I also believe someone else made an excellent point ..What happened to all the gun toteing Americans during the LA RIOTS ? I would like to hear that answer myself ..

Actually, the LA RIOTS didn't spread because of local gun owners, who helped their neighbors use their vehicles to barricade streets. I remember seeing footage of pickups full of would-be rioters pulling up to a cul-de-sac, at which point the inhabitants held up deer rifles. The pickup quickly drove off.

I think some of the gun owners were even charged with deadly conduct, for recklessly displaying their shootin' irons.

There was also a Korean store owner, who kept rioters from stealing his stuff by climbing up on his roof and offering to pick off anyone who entered his store.

The sad fact is, criminals have no respect for any threat that doesn't involve grave bodily injury. Having worked in law enforcement, I can assure you that real criminals have absolutely no fear of prison. And in most venues, breaking and entering is not even a felony---meaning they won't even lose their right to own a gun !!!!!.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fingapointa

Lol, you do know that there are deer, moose, rabbits (not Dave Rabbits though) and many other animals that he can shoot and eat for food other than cows right? Cow is not the only "red meat" there is.

Oh, and there are a ton of different birds that he can shoot and eat too.

-Lahara

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join