It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10/9/08 - FSME Denninger Special Report - IT'S HERE!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

I believe our suspend point is 10%. So tomorrow 10% would equal a 857 point drop. I believe from what I have read. I do not trade in the stock market so if anyone could verify my info it would be appreciated!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Dow Futures are down 251 points. This is going to make for an interesting open in the morning.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by iggster

Here's a link to the NYSE circuit breakers for 4Q 08.

NYSE Circuit Breakers

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
News now out of Hungary - I think the question is who's not crumbling tonight?

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Trayen11

Yeah, my spidey sense goes off when I think about all our stocks plummeting. That means that other nations that weathered the storm can buy us up at dirt cheap prices. Hell, Rothschild did it to England, why not America?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Honestly, I think it's all being orchestrated to bring about either the Amero or a one-world system, probably the Amero first, then that will "fail" and everything will be merged into one digital currency to prevent future "collapses."

Whatever it is, many "feel" something never seen before is coming. Whatever it is, humans will prevail because in defining moments we define the moment, we don't let it define us.

Threads such as this can distribute fear and anxiety very quickly. Please do your best to stay focused and use sound judgment. We can all help eachother with informative reading, but we can't do it in a panicked state.

Whether you believe in God or not, forgive me, but God bless you through these rough times, and the times ahead.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Thank you very much for that info. I was close but not quite accurate and for that I appologize. I noticed that page was dated 9-30-08. I wonder if after this recent downward spiral if they will adjust those numbers?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Someone should tell the folks over at tickerforum that sending messages to your representatives in Washington THAT HAVE LONG STREAKS OF ALLCAPS IN THEM are not taken seriously.

That was the big save the world document? "DEMAND THAT CROOKS STOP BEING CROOKS." I was hoping for something more substantial.

Has it ever dawned on anyone that the Treasury does know the off-book balances and are purposely keeping it hidden? The devil you know...

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Mainer]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by iggster

I'm kinda wondering that myself. Is it a 10% drop since the previous close, or a 10% drop from the Open of the 1st day of the quarter?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

I think we can just skip the Amero part. The test run in Europe didn't work out the way TPTB had hoped.

I agree with you, orchestrated to bring on a digital currency worldwide.

I for one am not okay with that though. I want to know how to fight this, how to destroy the plan of TPTB.

Most here know that big banker families have been calling the shots for a long time, albeit from behind the scenes of the average J6P. My question is this:

How do we stop them? How do we bankrupt THEM?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by iggster
reply to post by TH3ON3

I believe our suspend point is 10%. So tomorrow 10% would equal a 857 point drop. I believe from what I have read. I do not trade in the stock market so if anyone could verify my info it would be appreciated!

To my understanding.. it does not ONLY have to do with point basis.. that is to say, 10%, 15% and etc..

But more to do with volume? .. Someone can correct me, but I am fairly certain that Volume+% = close..

Increased Volume on trading means a larger number of trades are going through the system .. a single trade can bring the market down a little if it's big enough .. basically a fund pulling out of a stock.. but volume means a "run" .. as in thousands of people at the same time are trying to sell a stock with no buyer.

To my understanding on the 1929 Great Depression .. the Market had several nasty days leading up to the crash, and then several months until it "hit bottom" ..

However, the biggest indicator that caused the crash was higher-then-normal trading.. again someone can correct me if I am wrong.. but the number of people selling at one time led to the collapse, granted big holders sold all they had as well, the tickers (old machines that printed the trades) ticked on for hours after the close..

If the DOW off the bat drops 10% in the first hours, I could see a close.. of course, I would only assume higher then normal volume as well.

This was the case with Russia.

A "Collapse" is 80+% of the stock wiped out in single day or short time frame, say, a week ..

A Market Crash is 20%+ in one single trading day..

I believe that would be around 1,500ish or so.

If the DOW futures hold stead fast.. the market will open at that level (currently -288 .. get to that in a bit) and then continue it's collapse.. then I buy a bottle of whiskey on my way home.. sell what I have left in the markets.. and curse the unforgiving Gods that Relentless was right..

Dow Futures..

Jesus Christ.

-DJIA INDEX 8,339.00(current level) -259.00 (current ratio from open) 8,614.00 (current open) 8,663.00 (current high) 8,282.00 (current low) 22:47 (time of last Futures Contracts update)

() where mine, just to clarify the numbers.

-259 is NOT the worst it has been .. it has dropped to 8,282 .. it's flirting with the 7,999 level.. down roughly around 2.7%

This is all in a time frame of 7 days ..

Relentless.. I work for one of "those banks" in the top 4 .. I think .. I made the wrong choice in accepting this job offer. lol..

Cheers to you all, I am taking my last beer for the night and hope to see some better numbers come morning..

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
FWI for anyone interested and who may not normally have it available, CNBC is showing the World edition on regular CNBC now. I've been a fan of the foreign folks (especially the brits) that I see on there for a while now. CNBC world has been head and shoulders above its US counterpart on this mess.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Originally posted by juniperberry

Even if the economy tanks, how is it you lose your country? Are you not still in it? Does it suddenly disappear with the car keys?

It means if the United States defaults on all the debt it owes to China, Russia and everyone else in the world, They will bomb us out of freakin' existence.

And I'm an optimist

That has to be the stupidist comment I have ever read on this board. Uh. We have about 6000 nukes and various other weapons no one even knows about. Unless they would want to be obliterated too, no one will attack the USA!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
hmmm sounds like another doomsday theory... hmmm.. I'm stupid, what comes next? nuclear war or the amero/digital currency? Idk. I'll just sit back and listen to "satisfaction" unce unce unce unce.... And I don't know what to think since this is coming from a veteran ATSite

oh and YAY I LIVE IN ALASKA
whoopee i'm... a teensy weensy bit safer.... but safer nonetheless!

[edit on 9-10-2008 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
accidental repost - deleted

[edit on 10/9/08 by redhatty]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to I took all my saveings out last week..
And bought some silver and gold.Hit the coin shops up.post by ThePowerOfOne

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Reuters

Moody's Investors Service has warned it may cut the long-term debt ratings of Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs as well as those of their units, in a sign the global financial crisis is deepening.

The rating agency said it had placed Morgan Stanley's A1 rating on review for a downgrade while assigning a negative outlook to the Goldman Sachs Aa3 rating.

Lower ratings would increase the cost of borrowing for the two banks.

Holy crap, Goldman Sachs too??!?

[edit on 10/9/2008 by anachryon]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

I think the biggest action by the people would be a collective strike on paying income taxes..that would perk some ears up in Washington

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

OK, what document are they referring to, that is suposed to be posted in 24-48 Hrs? Also, where is that document coming from, and who is writing it?

You people need to stop jumping the gun...

[edit on 9-10-2008 by CuriousFinger]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by toepick

Boy that sounds so easy doesn't it?

So tell me, just how do I get my employer to stop taking it out of my check?

See even if I don't file a return, the Gov still get's it's money, each and every paycheck.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join