It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10/9/08 - FSME Denninger Special Report - IT'S HERE!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

The post on tickerorg was a little disappointing. But hey ho, there's been some good discussion nonetheless.

Don't resign Relentless, it's hard enough understanding this stuff as it is!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

*hugs* (and contrary to popular belief - I am a woman, and those are my eyes -
)

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sendran

I don't think you people are getting it

It's a demand that needs to be made hard and fast NOW, or the repercussions have been laid out.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
And you're wearing a very interesting bhurka...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I believe he was commenting on me...And to clear the hug Fist closed, back pound, love ya bro hugs only. As i guy with 3 girls plus a wife i'm out of sensativety. "If you can walk you can run"

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Done and done.Sent e-mails to both Senators and My Congressman.They will not be able to stop this crash in time though.Corporate greed is to rampant in this country to ever get a grip on it before it's to late.Starred and flagged by the way.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
reply to post by Breifne

Well, Karl said before he got the document up it may be too late.

Here's the part of the document that will prove him right or wrong in 24 hours I suppose:

, WE WILL LOSE OUR COUNTRY ENTIRELY!!!!

Okay, I'm Canadian so I don't get this.

Even if the economy tanks, how is it you lose your country? Are you not still in it? Does it suddenly disappear with the car keys?

What does he mean by this? Is he suggesting that someone will invade? But everyone is in the same boat. I don't get it.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Yes I agree, but how will that help avoid further slide/crash?

Do you think that speculation about the amount of 'trash' in the credit system is clogging it up more that is justified by reality? That this is a 'crisis of confidence' beyond unstable fundamentals?

I think it would be a good exercise to draft a 'reform demand' in the form of a hypothetical 'Executive Order' -- with formal language, and nods to where legislative action would be necessary. The kind of thing we would hope a 'real President' would issue. That would help, but would be quite a challenge!

After all, what is 'greater transparency', in specifics? How is reporting done? To what standards? Get rid of mark-to-market? Okay -- who verifies it? How often is disclosure required? Always, with every transaction? What's a 'covered transaction' under new transparency requirements?

Tough issues.

Edit to add: PS: Hugs to all.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

Because we will have been bought. We will still be here but our bus. the driver of capitalism will be owned by someone else. Thus we work for them and they Literally own us.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

I think that this implies that the powers that be may resort to "un-democratic" means to stay in power and maintain public order. Therefore America, as we know it would be f***ed.
Not that it ever was a real democracy, but at least it tried to look like one.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I think one of the first and most important things being proposed over there is getting all the stuff that currently trades OTC onto a regulated exchange---CDSs would be a good place to start.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Okay, I'm no financial wizard nor economist; but, I don't understand why there's a protest to abolish "off balance sheet fraud" when a bill was signed into law in 2002 to do this.

My reference (because I had no idea what off balance sheet accounting is) are:

money.howstuffworks.com... on the Sarbanes-Oxley Act

and

money.howstuffworks.com... explaining off balance sheet accounting worked before it was exterminated by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.

So, where do we find information on CURRENT (since 2002) off balance sheet fraud?

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm out tonight, Thanks guys/gals. West coaster so lets hope we have a dow when i turn the TV on in the morning.

Regardless as a Dad let's just feed the kids. Let me starve but give my girls food if you see them.

I promise to do the same!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry

Even if the economy tanks, how is it you lose your country? Are you not still in it? Does it suddenly disappear with the car keys?

It means if the United States defaults on all the debt it owes to China, Russia and everyone else in the world, They will bomb us out of freakin' existence.

And I'm an optimist

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail
And you're wearing a very interesting bhurka...

Omgosh - I never noticed that - ROTFLMAO! Thanks for the laugh, I needed that!

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Or else they could just demand a large portion of your ressources in counterpart to a BIG loan. The US has been doing this through the world bank and the IMF in Latin america for decades.
Kind of ironic, when you think about it....

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
They've kidnapped Relentless - OMG!!!!!

She's sold out on us!

Bring back the eyes!

link   

Post some more pics please because those eyes are the best thing I've seen all day.

I think it is too late. We can all fax/email/call our reps and congresscritters. There isn't enough time to fix this. Godspeed everyone.

Seriously though, more pics of those eyes please.

link   

You are very welcome. West coast surfer look to it... Pretty nice.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Here's a link to a top flagged post right now I think you should all read:

www.abovetopsecret.com...#

In fact read all of the top flagged posts that are on the top of the site right now, and tell me the world isn't freaked to the max. It's all related - like it or not.

[edit on 10/9/2008 by Relentless]

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join